Good luck to new fractal players...

in Fractured

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

Universal fractal levels also means people will need to carry pugs more in higher levels. Because of this, it will remain the same as prepatch; people who don’t care about prestige will just run the 40 minute level 10 everyday. Of course I may be bias as I find it a hard time to run fractals without at least 1 guild mate I can count on in a pug group

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The thing is that only like 95% of the player population know how to survive (read enemy attacks, etc) and use dodges.

I think that is a very, very generous estimation.

No. People that go into a dungeon/fractal that are under the level requirement are just a liability and will be carried the entire time. Being upscaled does not help them.

Not everyone that is lvl 80 is good players, nor is everyone that is lvl 35 in need of being carried.

I have personally had to carry way more lvl 80 players than lower-leveled players in dungeons overall.

And, in real life, there are some double amputees with no arms that can hold their own in a bar fight. This doesn’t mean that if you go drinking with your amputee buddies and get into melee, you’re not at a disadvantage.

Edited my post. I meant that 95% of the player population don’t know.

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

No. People that go into a dungeon/fractal that are under the level requirement are just a liability and will be carried the entire time. Being upscaled does not help them.

Not everyone that is lvl 80 is good players, nor is everyone that is lvl 35 in need of being carried.

I have personally had to carry way more lvl 80 players than lower-leveled players in dungeons overall.

Well there’s more level 80 players the majority of the time so of purse you carry them more often. It’s been discussed to death but a good level 35 player is about as effective as a bad level 80 player in fractals. Someone can put in a million times more effort as a level 35 compared to someone that’s a level 80 but it doesn’t change a thing.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

6 months ago, I found it incredibly easy to get into FotM. There will be a huge influx of new players. And now people will be running multiple times for dailies. New to FotM? (If you have exotics) get in a 10 run. The only time that’s a problem is when your idiot friend in the pug tells you “oh you just became 80? quick lets go on a fotm run so you can get better gear!” Don’t think just because your 80 it’s time to start fotm. Last time this happened to me the guy was in assorted blues, and had barely any idea what he was doing. Since we were trying to rez him, it was harder than doing a four man run.

Well since you are scaled up you could technically start FoTM much earlier.
I have personally been in runs when we have finished it with a lvl 35 guy.

Oh don’t get me wrong, we finished it, it’s just the guy had no idea what he was doing, and started on 10 because his friend told him it was a good idea. If you know what your doing at 35, I think you can make it, but I’d much prefer an exotic’d up 80.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh don’t get me wrong, we finished it, it’s just the guy had no idea what he was doing, and started on 10 because his friend told him it was a good idea. If you know what your doing at 35, I think you can make it, but I’d much prefer an exotic’d up 80.

There is no guarantee that said lvl 80 have ever been to the Fractals either though. Just because one is lvl 80 doesn’t mean you have a clue about what you are doing.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

… o.o I think there might be a misunderstanding here between prl and character level…

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

There is no guarantee that said lvl 80 have ever been to the Fractals either though. Just because one is lvl 80 doesn’t mean you have a clue about what you are doing.

You do have a larger room for error though as a level 80. Would you do fractals in a group of level 35’s? Why or why not?

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

You do have a larger room for error though as a level 80. Would you do fractals in a group of level 35’s? You probably aren’t part of the lv35 vs 80 part of the thread but I wanted to bring up that question.

You… Can’t do a fractal above 9 with level 35s….. Agony… And stuff…. Being scaled to 80 doesn’t mean…. Never mind.
I would do a fractal with a bunch of people with prl 35, though……..

What are we even talking about here?!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

You do have a larger room for error though as a level 80. Would you do fractals in a group of level 35’s? You probably aren’t part of the lv35 vs 80 part of the thread but I wanted to bring up that question.

You… Can’t do a fractal above 9 with level 35s….. Agony… And stuff…. Being scaled to 80 doesn’t mean…. Never mind.

You’ll have to read the entire thread. It was brought up that level 35’s could do fractals without being a liability or being carried. What you just wrote about AR is another thing that I agree with.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

You’ll have to read the entire thread. It was brought up that level 35’s could do fractals without being a liability or being carried. What you just wrote about AR is another thing that I agree with.

I read the entire thread. There was something about comparing lvl 80s to lvl 35s and how some lvl 80s are bad or not as good as a good 35, but that’s really not the case if those levels are strictly prl. A level 80 prl can’t really be a bad player. A level 35 character can be better in say, AC than a crappy lvl 80, but we’re not talking about dungeons, we’re talking about fractals.

So I’m confused.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

I read the entire thread. There was something about comparing lvl 80s to lvl 35s and how some lvl 80s are bad or not as good as a good 35, but that’s really not the case if those levels are strictly prl. A level 80 prl can’t really be a bad player. A level 35 character can be better in say, AC than a crappy lvl 80, but we’re not talking about dungeons, we’re talking about fractals.

So I’m confused.

It was about actual character levels, not reward levels.

Here’s the post that started it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Good-luck-to-new-fractal-players/first#post3256714

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Did you read my original statement? It was about how horrible my experiences are with 80s lol. We had an 80 come in with blues equipped saying “yeah, I have no idea what I’m doing. My friend [who was in the pug at this point in time] told me that this was a good place to grind for gear.” If the 35 has spend more time with the game, they’re welcome by all means, but if you’re at 80 w/ exotics odds are you know your way around a little better and you could have some AR.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Whilst my Fractal level is closing in on 30, I don’t really enjoy it and only further it when I’m really, really in the mood these days – which is rare.

I do, however, want rewards from Fractals from time to time. With this in mind, I do L10 or 20 runs. L20 typically with Guildies, L10 with PuGs. On those days when there’s a Daily Fractal Frequenter, I’ll go even lower, just to get the darn thing done.

There must be more like me, so, I don’t think you need to be too concerned about lower level fractals being desolate (especially if you pick your day to do it wisely), moreso when you take into account some of the other points raised in this thread.

in Fractured

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

So I’m confused.

They’re not referencing fractal personal levels being at 80 and 35, they’re talking about how anyone gets scaled up to level 80 regardless of what their actual character level is in fractals, and how ill-advised it is (or, some people are arguing, is not) to bring a person whose character level is 35 versus a character level of 80.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?