RNG on achievement pts

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

Why the hell is fractured achievement pts rng based?!

I get that i only need to do 11 to do the meta… and that ull say that i don’t need to play them all and get all achievements… but… am an achievement pts guy… that has done all dailies and monthlies and ls achievement pts for the past 6months…

I have over 15k and I like to go for it but… after doing roughly 40fractals… i’m yet to do the aetherblade one.

I would mind if the achievement was only under the dungeon achievements but it isn’t… is time based and rng based. I know is a 3rd fractal lvl… and volcanic, dredge and thaumanova. So there are 4… and per chance to get it i have to do 2 fractals before it… so i have a 25% chance to get it but didnt get it yet.

It’s silly to have ap rng based… instead of making it like that they should have done the ls achievements like… Do x amount of diferent fractal… do x amount of total fractal… do x amount of fractal dailies… and voila… give the same amount of ap but without depending of rng!

Ill keep trying to get it… but this shouldnt be a thing! Please think about this next time anet ^^

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m kinda annoyed at it the LS achievements are based on RNG as well. I only need one more to completely finish the tab, but it keeps eluding me. I can’t seem to get the Zerker/Firestorm end fractal. Out of the 10 or more runs I did the past few days, I’ve gotten all Mai ending one, except 2 times which were Maws. Do the end boss fractals have the same chances of occuring? Or is one set to appear more?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Holy Security.9724

Holy Security.9724

I can say endboss is rng.
From 38 to 50 I got the combination dredge+Mai/molten endbosses 10 out of 13 runs. That’s annoying as hell.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

It just makes you do more fractals more frequently. Which I’m fine with.
I’ve done over 15 fractals before I got the last one I needed. So I’ve been on the bad side of the RNG spectrum of this meta.

As long as the chances are within reason (25% is the lowest chance for a specific fractal) then I don’t see the problem.

Just keep in mind, the more rolls you have the more chance for the percentages to come through in the end.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

i did over 50 to get my last one!

that’s not ok!

i wouldn’t be bothered if i got it done in 15.. that’s one per day! but because of rng…i’ve been doing 2 to 3 fotm per day to try to get LS completed. and spent last 2 days doing runs with groups just for aether… and after 15 runs in a row… apx i finally did it!

My point isn’t if it’s doable or not or if i mind doing fractals. The point here is that you shouldn’t have rng to give points! It’s not right that someone needs to do 50+ fractals to get it while others need 15! That’s +30hours in 2 weeks just doing fractals… not counting with dailies!

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Karalaza.6021

Karalaza.6021

I’ve done over 15 fractals before I got the last one I needed.

Thats actually lucky…

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I’ve done 10 sets, still haven’t seen Volcanic or Snowblind. I got the meta, obviously, but it will be a bit annoying to lose the points if I don’t happen to get those two by tomorrow.

I can say endboss is rng.
From 38 to 50 I got the combination dredge+Mai/molten endbosses 10 out of 13 runs. That’s annoying as hell.

Ten sets, Mai 8 times, Maw 1 time, Molten 1 time. It’s definitely annoying.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

I have poured a lot of time into trying to finish these achievements – many many runs over the 2 weeks and still missing Volcanic and Snowblind.

I have every achievement in the History tab so far, and keeping a perfect record is my main goal in the game. Missing one would be enough for me to stop playing, so here is hoping they extend these to 4 weeks.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Spam level 1s then till you get it.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: oliverstoned.2695

oliverstoned.2695

I just did 20 lvl 1 runs to the 3rd fractal to get the aetherblade one. And we didn’t roll it.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I have tried and tried and tried and tried some more to get the kitten Snowblind fractal.

I give up. ANet, this type of RNG-based achievement is frustrating in the extreme, and it one HUGE example of gameplay that goes against every design principle you claim to hold dear.

IMMENSELY aggravated right now.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Ugh, I feel for you all. I actually gave up trying last night, but today when I was doing the daily fractal achievement, one of the last 2 I needed (Dredge fractal lol) actually popped up and we cleared it. I was so relieved but man no one should have to go through any of this.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

Ugh, I feel for you all. I actually gave up trying last night, but today when I was doing the daily fractal achievement, one of the last 2 I needed (Dredge fractal lol) actually popped up and we cleared it. I was so relieved but man no one should have to go through any of this.

Imagine my frustration – after so many tries I finally got one of the last 2 I needed (Dredge fractal as well) yesterday – only to have the host posting: “Sorry gtg” and leaving = kick for everyone halfway through. I have yet to actually enter the (non-boss) Molten one.

So RNG in a heavily (2 weeks) time gated LS release is annoying and unfair because there is no chance for it to equal out over time.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

finally got aetherblade one last night when my hope was alrdy gone. after doin` daily 2-3 runs. kind of annoying

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

When the clockwork thingy was on, I spent my entire 2nd week not doing WvW nor any dungeons longer than 20 minutes to be sure to get the Frostgorge roll. It never happened while I was online. At least now you can pay your achievement.

On another note, I stopped caring about achi in between. I feel much better about the game.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d have liked to get the Molten Boss myself, I tried a level 1 run last night, got Mai. Molten Boss was all I was missing to fill out the achieves. It’s not like I ran a ton of fractals this fortnight, so it’s on me, but still … I got a ton of Maw, 3 Mais, and no Molten. Even clearing level 1 with an accomplished high-teens group so as to get through it fast, it takes enough time to get to the final boss that one can’t casually repeat it a lot, especially on work nights (if only I’d known work would be closed today for snow!).

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: goldmagistrate.2601

goldmagistrate.2601

Been Fractaling straight for over 6 hours (foregoing sleep) trying to get the aetherblade fractal. Still at it; thanks Anet. Why is everyone forced to doing a short,medium, and then long fractal lineup? Why not give us an option of doing a medium, short, long OR
long, short, Medium ETC. I see people willing to pay 20g for a slot! A slot for a fractal anyone should be able to do without having to grind 6 hours!

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

I tried another 6 runs last night (on top of the many I have done all week – between 1 and 3 a day) to try and get Volcanic, but in the end was defeated by RNG. Just home from work and the achies are gone so I have missed my first living world achievement since the game released. Very upset with this.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

“I have missed my first living world achievement since the game released”

I’m exactly in the same situation ! After having done Liadri 8 orbs and Crab Toss achievements, which were significantly more difficult, this feels really unfair

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: goldmagistrate.2601

goldmagistrate.2601

I’m still peeved off. I fractalled for over 10 Hours that night! Stopped shortly before 9am when the patch announcement hit and I never got it! I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO DO 1 FRACTAL IN OVER 10 HOURS OF FRACTAL RUNNING! What the hell Anet!?

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Heh, this was likely the first time my group was disappointed and not getting Dredge even once.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: MadMan.8972

MadMan.8972

Like others its first living world ach that I missed since I started plying guild wars 2. Please return this one for one week.

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I did the aetherblade one last night and got the achievement for it. Just FYI, you can still get them, you just can’t see the ones you are missing or get the meta. Nto sure if that’s intended or not…

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

RNG on achievement pts

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I did the aetherblade one last night and got the achievement for it. Just FYI, you can still get them, you just can’t see the ones you are missing or get the meta. Nto sure if that’s intended or not…

That’s two different achievements.

In the hero panel, under “Dungeons —> Fractals of the Mist”, there is two achievements per fractal. One for completing it and another for fun. The five new fractals were rightly added to this category with both their completion achievement and a new special achievement. These achievements are permanent.

The living story category for fractured had additional achievements for completing each fractal (old or new) once. These are now gone.

Turns out it was pretty difficult to get all fractals to show up during the 2 weeks that the achievements were up, unless you played for several hours each day.