Sudden AR change: 250 Ectos gone?

in Fractured

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

While many of the changes to Fractals sound great, this was the most alarming for me:

Agony Resist Infusions:

To assist you in your ventures into the mists, a new agony resist infusion slot has been added to all infused rings and backpacks.

• All current infused rings and backpacks will start with a +5 agony resist infusion (this replaces the +5 agony resist that was previously on the item itself).
  • Players will be able to find +1 agony resist infusions commonly in the fractals after level 10.
  • Artificers of at least 100 skill will be able to combine two infusions of the same level with a Thermocatalytic Reagent to make an infusion of the next level. For example, you could take two +2 infusions, combine them with a Thermocatalytic Reagent, and create a +3 infusion.

So it sounds like those of us who paid 250 ectos (~75 gold at today’s prices) to infuse our backpieces are getting a +5 agony resist infusion out of it. Based on my understanding of how it’s made, all you need is 16 of the new +1 agony resist infusions, which we can apparently “find … commonly”.

I also know an argument can be made that people who have spent these 250 ectos for an infused backpiece got use out of it before this change happened. But this change was communicated a week before it goes into effect. I made infused my backpiece last week, and I have only done one run of fractals since then. I’m sure there are many people who infused their backpieces recently because they wanted to prepare for the big fractals patch.

I understand that game changes happen, and people inevitably lose money. But I think it’s also understandable that I am extremely frustrated how suddenly this happened and how large a sum of money this change invalidates. I’m sure I speak for a lot of other players who have infused their ascended backpieces.

EDIT: GoldenTruth points out that I may have interpreted the article incorrectly. It may be the case that you still have to spend the 250 ectos to get that new second infusion slot. If that is case and will be the only way to get that second slot, then I guess my issue is resolved. I would appreciate if any devs could clarify the change.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

(edited by Veron.8645)

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

It’s worded poorly but general understanding that is going on is…

If you have an infused backpiece it will have 2 infusion slots. One of those infusion slots will have a +5 infusion, the other will be whatever was in the backpiece originally. If you have a normal non-infused backpiece it will have 1 infusion slot.

The +5 that was originally built in is replaced with an agony resistance infusion slot. You can upgrade the AR on this slot to infinity, however, the other slot (which was there originally) is still just an offensive or defensive infusion slot (and cannot have agony increased to infinity). You can still equip the offensive/defensive infusion with a versatile infusion that provides +5 AR though (or one of those +5 AR/ + 5 whatever stat).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

in Fractured

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I did not realize this… That kind of.. sucks.

in Fractured

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

If you have an infused backpiece it will have 2 infusion slots. One of those infusion slots will have a +5 infusion, the other will be whatever was in the backpiece originally. If you have a normal non-infused backpiece it will have 1 infusion slot.

oh, so you still need to spend 250 ecto for another slot? I don’t see why they changed this… probably to get rid of brackets from item names

in Fractured

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

That would make sense, let’s see.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Fractured

GoldenTruth.2853

oh, so you still need to spend 250 ecto for another slot? I don’t see why they changed this… probably to get rid of brackets from item names

They changed it so you can have something like two +7s infusions on it rather than a +8 and a +5. In this example two +7 infusion slots provide more AR than the +8 with a built in +5, yet cost far less to make overall.

Long story short, at higher levels 2 infusions are a lot better than 1 with a built in +5

Edit: After a dev post sounds like I am somewhat wrong. The added infusion slot is the only thing that can hold the agony resistance above +5. So infused an infused backpack would have one slot that could have +X AR while the other would only have a max of +5 (or whatever other offensive/defensive infusion you want in it)

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

in Fractured

Veron.8645

If this is the case, then I guess the 250 ectos aren’t wasted if this is the only way to get the second infusion slot. Looking more closely at the article, you may be correct. I would definitely appreciate some dev clarification on this.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

in Fractured

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Those slots have a lot more potential than just +5 now.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Nice

in Fractured

Posted by: DeadZombie.6928

DeadZombie.6928

What’s the point of having more then 1 infused slot though? Unless it is to reduce the cost of +10 AR by splitting it on 2 slots with +5 each?

Ehmry Bay’s Combat Healer:

Sorrows Knight, Image, Wraith, and Reaver

in Fractured

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Yes, two +5’s are easier to attain than a single +10.

in Fractured

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Glad to know, thank you for shedding some light

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

If you have a +5, do you have to make 2 +5s in order to build a +6 and completely rewrite the +5 you have installed? Or can you pull out AR infusions in order to upgrade them?

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes, two +5’s are easier to attain than a single +10.

will there be a way to pull out infusions or will getting a better infusion mean not using any infusion at all until you have the one you want?

in Fractured

Veron.8645

Hi Anthony,

Can you clarify whether you only get the second slot by infusing your backpiece? (and whether the infusion mystic forge recipe is the same?)

Thanks.

in Fractured

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

Oh… what about my all resilient and mighty infusions? Can I make them higher, or I have to delete them now for higher AR? That costed me a lot of cash just to be ascended to the highest level :x

in Fractured

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

and the 10 one will be avalaible only with crafting +1+1+1+1+1+2 etc or will be other way?
and what about already used infusion? i mean i have +5 on backpiece i will have to replace with another one or shall i use it for upgrade?

in Fractured

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

I really don’t care about how the agony resist is going to go down, no matter what we will get what we need.

My concern however is what about people like me who got the 5power/5 agony resist. What will happen to the 340g (roughly) I spent to get them?

in Fractured

Posted by: DeadZombie.6928

DeadZombie.6928

I really don’t care about how the agony resist is going to go down, no matter what we will get what we need.

My concern however is what about people like me who got the 5power/5 agony resist. What will happen to the 340g (roughly) I spent to get them?

The infusion slot you put that infusion into won’t go away. So it will remain there.

Ehmry Bay’s Combat Healer:

Sorrows Knight, Image, Wraith, and Reaver

(edited by DeadZombie.6928)

in Fractured

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Who cares about how the new AR is going to be obtained ?

What we wanna know is what happens to all the gold, mats and relics that have been spent to obtain the current 55 AR.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

What we wanna know is what happens to all the gold, mats and relics that have been spent to obtain the current 55 AR.

as i understand it, you will essentially have the same AR

the difference is that the natural one called infused will now be upgradeable.
the other infusion slot will stay the same

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

I get the same feeling except that they will reset your current infusion leaving you with +5 on infused items which would effectively reduce your AR by 15. I sure hope this isn’t the case though

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

since they have two infusion slots like legendary weapons are they going to become legendary rank?

in Fractured

panzer.6034

since they have two infusion slots like legendary weapons are they going to become legendary rank?

Ascended weapons have two infusions slots too.

in Fractured

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

So 5 AR + 5 Precision infusion = junk now?
Can I get my money back?

in Fractured

phys.7689

I get the same feeling except that they will reset your current infusion leaving you with +5 on infused items which would effectively reduce your AR by 15. I sure hope this isn’t the case though

i doubt it, lets say you spent 250 powerful blood and 50 flowers t get a agony+stat infusion, they cant delete that.

in Fractured

phys.7689

So 5 AR + 5 Precision infusion = junk now?
Can I get my money back?

from what anthony ordon said, im thinking you it will look like this

An infused ascended ring with precision infusion will look like this

Infused Red Ring
agony infusion slot: +5 agony resistance
infusion slot: precise infusion +5AR +5precision

the one that you can increase will only be the agony infusion slot. the old infusion slot will have the same limitions and wont be able to use the new agony resistance infusion types

in Fractured

panzer.6034

• Your total agony resist will not change. If you had 55, you will still have 55.

BAM!

in Fractured

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

There have been rumors that there will be an “upgrade extractor” consumable – this would be very useful if we want to preserve our existing infusion to combine it with a new one…

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

• Your total agony resist will not change. If you had 55, you will still have 55.

BAM!

Good it better not change!

in Fractured

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

+5 infusion means = 16* +1 infusion
You have to do just 4 runs on lvl 10 to get it.

You needed till now to infuse:
1 Gift of Ascension = 500 Tokens
Thats ~8 runs on lvl 10 (with daily chest)

Thats twice the effort

+250Ectos

You should consider ether give +(8 to 10) for already infused backs.
or give the tokens and ectos back and let the slot empty.

in Fractured

phys.7689

+5 infusion means = 16* +1 infusion
You have to do just 4 runs on lvl 10 to get it.

You needed till now to infuse:
1 Gift of Ascension = 500 Tokens
Thats ~8 runs on lvl 10 (with daily chest)

Thats twice the effort

+250Ectos

You should consider ether give +(8 to 10) for already infused backs.
or give the tokens and ectos back and let the slot empty.

the only way to get a backpiece with the new infusion is probably the same old recipe, you cant put the new agony resist infusions into the old infusion slots

in Fractured

Posted by: henry.1420

henry.1420

You don’t understand.
The way it works is only the new slot that comes from infusing backpiece/ring can contain new type of AR infusion(which goes to +10 or more).
If you have a basic backpiece it will only have a normal slot like before which only exisiting infusions work.

in Fractured

Posted by: Crazy.2618

Crazy.2618

So I was just about to make the flashy ascended back piece the Fractal Capacitor. Thats another 250 ecto on top of the Beta Fractal Capacitor. Would this be a bad idea until we get patched?

in Fractured

GoldenTruth.2853

So I was just about to make the flashy ascended back piece the Fractal Capacitor. Thats another 250 ecto on top of the Beta Fractal Capacitor. Would this be a bad idea until we get patched?

It wouldn’t be a bad idea. In fact it would be a good idea since you might lose what you put in the infinite AR slot if you decide to upgrade post-patch.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Fractured

Veron.8645

It wouldn’t be a bad idea. In fact it would be a good idea since you might lose what you put in the infinite AR slot if you decide to upgrade post-patch.

I would wait a few days for the devs to respond to all of the questions people have.

Right now though, it sounds like you do want to upgrade pre-patch in order to get the free +5 AR new infusion.

in Fractured

Posted by: Crazy.2618

Crazy.2618

I would wait a few days for the devs to respond to all of the questions people have.

Right now though, it sounds like you do want to upgrade pre-patch in order to get the free +5 AR new infusion.

Yeah that was what i was thinking, would probably lose that infusion post patch…… again not sure thats why I asked.

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

They changed this so that instead of a having a +5 fixed bonus on the infused item, you now have a slot that starts with a +5 infusion. What is the point of this? You can slot something better if you put time into it. So the 250 ectos isn’t wasted in my book.

Lets look at it again. A fix bonus is now turned into a gear item that can be improved by spending lots of time in dungeons, collecting lots of item junk, crafting it up, spending money on reagents, to get a better item. In my mind, that is called gear grind and they have made this infusion change specifically to make us grind out more items!

in Fractured

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

no we didn’t pay 250 ectos for +5 agony, we paid 250 ectos for an additional infusions slot.

So we have 2 infusion slots, instead of 1 on the regular infused capacitor.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So just to confirm, Anthony:

1. All Ascended items have an Infusion slot, which you can fill with infusions as normal.
2. Infused Ascended items lose their innate AR, but get a SECOND Infusion slot.

So this means that regular Ascended can have one +5, but Infused Ascended items could have one +5 and one +3, for example?

If this is correct, then getting Infused Ascended gear is really only important for people who want to grind level 30+ Fractals and thus need extremely high levels of AR. Normal players who don’t need that much AR can stick with the standard slot, and potentially fill it with +6 or higher Infusions if they want to do higher level Fractals, but don’t want to craft an Infused backpiece/ring? That’s seems fair, and something I can live with.

in Fractured

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

so which one is it? nothing is confirmed in here.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sargon.9048

Sargon.9048

It does appear that those of us who paid the 250 ectoplasm to infuse these items are getting cheated. Yes we get an auomatic +5 infusion but that is normally 75 fractal relics which is not exactly a big deal.

If i am interpreting what the dev said in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Agony-changes accurately then I would take that to mean all backpieces start with the slots.. Which would mean I paid 250 ectoplasm for a +5 infusion.. which is way overpriced.

If I am interpreting that wrong I would love for a dev to correct me.. If you still must infuse an item with 250 ectoplasm to get the slot to appear then all is well, but if you don’t then I should probably get that cost back in some way.

in Fractured

phys.7689

It does appear that those of us who paid the 250 ectoplasm to infuse these items are getting cheated. Yes we get an auomatic +5 infusion but that is normally 75 fractal relics which is not exactly a big deal.

If i am interpreting what the dev said in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Agony-changes accurately then I would take that to mean all backpieces start with the slots.. Which would mean I paid 250 ectoplasm for a +5 infusion.. which is way overpriced.

If I am interpreting that wrong I would love for a dev to correct me.. If you still must infuse an item with 250 ectoplasm to get the slot to appear then all is well, but if you don’t then I should probably get that cost back in some way.

no, items that are infused have special slot, that the only place you can use the new agony resist infusions. So infused is more valuable for afractal runner, and its only available on the primarily fractal earned items

in Fractured

Posted by: NeX.4752

NeX.4752

From the other thread

Sunrise doesn’t change. Only Infused Ascended Back Items and Rings are getting new slots.

This does say in the other thread “Infused” items, meaning you’d still have to pay the 250 ectos to infuse the ascended back piece, that’s how I read it anyway.

Ilyr/Mio/Hinako

in Fractured

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

will the process to infuse an item remain the same? I’m nearing the 250 ecto mark and was preparing to infuse my backpiece. If I’ve read correctly and the process remains the same

Infuse now – get infused backpiece and +5AR

Infuse after patch – get infused backpiece and empty slot (no additional AR)

Is this right?

Edit: Also, will I finally be able to infuse my sclerite ascended backpack?

in Fractured

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

will the process to infuse an item remain the same? I’m nearing the 250 ecto mark and was preparing to infuse my backpiece. If I’ve read correctly and the process remains the same

Is this right?

I believe from what I’m reading that after the patch you’ll get infused backpiece with a new slot that contains a +5 AR in it, not an empty slot. You’ll also be able to go beyond +5 in that new slot.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Is this right?

I believe from what I’m reading that after the patch you’ll get infused backpiece with a new slot that contains a +5 AR in it, not an empty slot. You’ll also be able to go beyond +5 in that new slot.

Existing Infused Ascended Rings and Back Items lose their natural +5 Agony Resist, and receive a +5 Agony Resist Infusion by default.
New Infused Ascended Rings and Back Items will have an empty slot.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Agony-changes/first#post3228298

so according to that, and if the process to infuse stays the same, infusing now will give me +5 whereas later will not.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

If I’ve understood this correctly all the Infusions you’ve paid/MFed (to get inherited +5 on your pieces will stay), but those extra +5 that you bought from 75 relics will be washed away. Am I correct?

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Fractured

panzer.6034

If I’ve understood this correctly all the Infusions you’ve paid/MFed (to get inherited +5 on your pieces will stay), but those extra +5 that you bought from 75 relics will be washed away. Am I correct?

No. Nothing is changing accept that the inherent +5 AR in infused items is become a special, infinitely upgradable slot. All other infusions and slots are untouched.