Sadistic Developers?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lunaire.5827

Lunaire.5827

The last boss in Queen’s Jubilee the greatest game design ever. I’m sure it went down like this:

ANet Dev#1: "I know, let’s make a 1v1 event that…

-Has an invulnerable enemy
-Spawns minions that chase you and instant-kill you if they touch you
-Spawn said minions behind you out of the view of your camera angle
-Require you to kite said minions into spawning pools
-Make the player pick up shards from the death of minions. Make these shards dissapear after time. Make the player have to stop in place to both pickup shard and to throw it so other minions can catch up to them. Make them do this 3 times
-Has a constantly spawning mass-AoE instant kill pool
-Randomly spawn a rift throughout which pulls the player into said instant kill pools
-Make said rift force player to drop shards
-Make said rift “Obstructed” by air so the player can’t kill it temporarily
-Make a special effect that intermittently blurs the player’s screen so they can’t see where they’re running
-When the player wears off the enemy’s invulnerability, make the enemy attack them harder, faster, and spawn larger instant-kill AoE death pools"
-Requires a cost to entry
-Instead of instancing it, requires the player to either wait for other players to finish, or requires them to run all the way back to the entrance if they die at an empty dome

ANet Dev#2: “Hmm…. I don’t know…. how could we make this even more challenging?”

ANet Dev#3: "I know. We like temporary things. And mini-pets. Let’s make this content temporary, forcing the players to complete it within a timeframe. Even better, let’s add a time limit to the battle itself! And then throw in an exclusive mini-pet that players can’t ever possibly get unless they beat it!

ANet Dev#1: GENIUS!

#This thread will be closed and I will be infracted for criticising the game. #2013

(edited by Lunaire.5827)

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Not temporary. This is recurring content.

You can try again next year.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Unless you’re on a Necro you have 0 right to complain.
DS now overflows and we have NO blocks, NO invuls, NO vigor, NO sustain, NO mobility.

If a Necro did this, he was lucky or still had DS when it didn’t overflow attacks.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

Or ignore it again next yet. Glad someone likes it though!

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Not temporary. This is recurring content.

You can try again next year.

Source pls?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I gave up on attempting this with a necro. Maybe on a class that has unlimited vigor like engineer.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Server: Devona’s Rest

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Impossible on necro, Tried with wum, SoL and Walk, nothing, tried with Sgrasp to control mobs better, nothing, but the worst part is, if you got a good computer, the god kitten AOE Indicators are in the ground and thakittens timed, id be ok with the forced ever swap and using energy sigils (the only way a necro can even avoid the circles if he gets pulled/has to throw *btw aoe black-somethingorother-meteor things are in a set rythm that changes after each time you throw a crystal*) IF you didnt have a timer that drops you like it did it to me the 4 times before the last (when i just spawned into already falling death).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Stupid that when you die in it they send you out dead I’ve had to walk back up every time. Nobody wants to wait either so they don’t sit at the ones already occupied unless they have to. Plus if their is only 1 they go directly in so he/she can’t revive you before they go into the fight should be a pop up that you accept and goes away after a period of time.

Developers could of made it way easier on players allowing them to get back to the fights faster and have more fun but nope.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Playing martyr is pretty much a self fulfilling destiny.

Ranger | Elementalist

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Bleh all I have really is a necro x.x Didn’t do this yet though.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Really appreciate all those necromancer nerfs now. Thanks for making a class unplayable in high level PvE.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Thank you very much.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Lunaire shut up and stop acting like a rebel. Go check other threads. Its a recurring event. Like bazaar, which we already know iw coming back.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fancia.3746

Fancia.3746

Atleast as a Necro you can get TO that fight… Rangers have the same problem, but at Salazan… The only tactics available, rely on mechanics that rangers simply do not have… So it’s pretty much GG at that point… Sadly…

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

Maybe they did the smart thing and just rerolled guardians.

But mechanically speaking some of these bosses are just way too difficult for certain classes. Necromancers have no ways to mitigate damage thanks to the shroud nerf and when there are so many poorly telegraphed instant kills thrown about… well, yeah, do the math. It has been almost one year since launch and PvE balance still hasn’t been addressed at all.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Feral Spirit.1572

Feral Spirit.1572

Stupid that when you die in it they send you out dead I’ve had to walk back up every time. Nobody wants to wait either so they don’t sit at the ones already occupied unless they have to. Plus if their is only 1 they go directly in so he/she can’t revive you before they go into the fight should be a pop up that you accept and goes away after a period of time.

Developers could of made it way easier on players allowing them to get back to the fights faster and have more fun but nope.

Agree! This content is The worst they made! I have no idea what they were thinking about. This game have to be player friendly. All the did is to make every one mad. this game wont survive for long with such attitude.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Apparently Anet’s motto is “Go Guardian or go home”

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Atleast as a Necro you can get TO that fight… Rangers have the same problem, but at Salazan… The only tactics available, rely on mechanics that rangers simply do not have… So it’s pretty much GG at that point… Sadly…

On the fact that you must shoot from a range? Seriously walk a bit left right when the flame waves slowly walk to you and drop healing spring (or in my case Well of Blood) in case of the flame trail being on you to make it just tickle, then shoot longbow (or in my case necrotic grasp) and he dies after the 3rd circle/just before the announcer says the second time that you are getting close to being dropped.
Also dont try to do anything with the actual fire circles, either run as hell when he raises his hands or stay put about a greatsword autoattack worth of range away from it.

(edited by Andele.1306)

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Furutre.2193

Furutre.2193

Killed her, and done all the achivements with MS lagg today. Not a big problem, you just have to think for once.

Done with warrior, rifle build on last boss.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

They said this will challenge people.

If you checked out the live stream yesterday they made a comment that out of the 100 alpha testers they have, only 6 were able to complete this.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Killed her, and done all the achivements with MS lagg today. Not a big problem, you just have to think for once.

Done with warrior, rifle build on last boss.

Gratz on doing it with a profession with 2 invuls and a 3 second long block. Hope it was at least fun.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Why don’t you noobs try changing your builds?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

So, please, do tell what build a ranger use to survive Salazan with skill rather than pure luck?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

Why can’t a necro do this? I haven’t started yet but was wondering.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

No… It’s quite easy to understand actually… In your guild forum, you have a more intimate relationship with your fellow guildmembers, which means they have all the more reason to glorify their own achievements… No matter how difficult they found it to be, it’ll be claimed to be easy, just to look better in the eyes of their fellow guildmembers…. On the official forums however, people are not really familiar with eachother, and most arnt even on the same server and therefor lack the incentive to glorify their achievement, and thus, you’ll see a much larger degree of honesty…

Yeah, people are always so forthcoming with their faults on these boards.

Also, BRB, beating this with a necro just because I’m one of those crazy people that tries to succeed instead of ranting on the boards about how the latest jumping puzzle or fight or something is impossible.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Stark.1350

So, please, do tell what build a ranger use to survive Salazan with skill rather than pure luck?

Why don’t you ask and find out instead of kittening? There’s been a post already about every class having beaten this boss.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

All classes CAN… It’s just a matter of certain fights being purely reliant on luck for some classes and have virtually zero skill involved in them…

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

Why don’t you ask and find out instead of kittening? There’s been a post already about every class having beaten this boss.

I just asked didnt I? And I have asked before… The only answers available, do not apply to rangers because we simply do not have the mechanics required for those tactics… We do not have reliable blocks, we do not have reliable condition removals, we do not have multiple invulnabilities… So, I ask again… What build makes it possible without relying 100% on luck?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Stark.1350

All classes CAN… It’s just a matter of certain fights being purely reliant on luck for some classes and have virtually zero skill involved in them…

That’s absolute 100% nonsense. Learn to play.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Stark.1350

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

No… It’s quite easy to understand actually… In your guild forum, you have a more intimate relationship with your fellow guildmembers, which means they have all the more reason to glorify their own achievements… No matter how difficult they found it to be, it’ll be claimed to be easy, just to look better in the eyes of their fellow guildmembers…. On the official forums however, people are not really familiar with eachother, and most arnt even on the same server and therefor lack the incentive to glorify their achievement, and thus, you’ll see a much larger degree of honesty…

Yeah, people are always so forthcoming with their faults on these boards.

Also, BRB, beating this with a necro just because I’m one of those crazy people that tries to succeed instead of ranting on the boards about how the latest jumping puzzle or fight or something is impossible.

Noone said it was impossible… It’s just that it’s extremely reliant on luck to complete certain champs for certain classes because they lack the intended gimmick mechanics…

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

I mean what is the issue though with the necro on this boss?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

So the TL;DR in this thread is that most people are so used to just Akitteng with auto attack on in Orr that they are completely kitten ed that they have to do something now. =)

Same issue that those people would have on any class…an abundance of tears. They’d fail it on Guardian or Warrior or anything else and then blame the class to make themselves feel better.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

half right.. All Classes can.. not all BUILDS.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

Necromancers can’t mitigate the ridiculous damage some of these bosses put out. The class has no access to vigor, blocks or evades. You’re stuck with your two dodges and once you’re out of those you’re toast.

The class has garbage survivability.

And as a side note watching warriors and guardians telling people it’s a L2P issue is beyond hilarious. You guys have been the faceroll classes of PvE since launch and nothing has changed there.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

half right.. All Classes can.. not all BUILDS.

Well that’s probably a given. I know everyone is still living this fantasy of “Everything works for everything” because most PvE content only asks you to AFK with auto attack on, but the reality is that if content is challenging in any way, it demands builds/gear/etc start to get more optimized.

Necromancers can’t mitigate the ridiculous damage some of these bosses put out. The class has no access to vigor, blocks or evades. You’re stuck with your two dodges and once you’re out of those you’re toast.

The class has garbage survivability.

Yeah yeah, challenge accepted. When I get home, that is.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

Im sorry that you have not played a ranger yet… Rangers CANNOT continiously dodge like that… At best we have Vigor+50% extra regen… That gives 2 dodges, and then at minimum, another 3 seconds before the next dodge is possible… Given optimal conditions… Given the right weapons or skills, we can get another dodge or two in, and then only have 1-2 seconds of not being able to dodge… These dodges however are highly limited in direction and range. It’s not a viable option during Salazan, so that leaves two dodges before the 3 second window of not being able to… Now, we can have a sigil that gives full energy, giving us another 2 dodges… At which point we’re still back no dodges… Now, here’s the kicker… Assuming you’re running a fully defensive build, a ranger have ~24k HP. Salazans fire, hit you twice per second for 2000-2500 damage, for 10 seconds… You have at best 4 dodges giving you 3 seconds of immunity provided you are lucky enough to not get hit inbetween the dodges, which with twice per second is very common… That’s 7 seconds to go in which you have no dodges left. That means 14 hits, at 2000 damage each, at best… That’s 28k damage… You can heal for ~9k of that resulting in a net loss of 19k damage… And that’s the first 10 seconds of the fight… Now, the luck part comes in… Because Salazan will either start throwing a couple of fireballs on you which is easily avoided, but for the most part, he’ll just throw another fire ring on you… Except this time, you have 1, perhaps 2 dodges… And you’re dead… But hey, we have more skills to consider. We can be inv for a couple of secs, so let’s add that too… Well the inv is 6 seconds. So we can actually avoid all damage from the first ring… But then we take full damage from the second ring, so it’s still a death at that point… So in essence, the only way for rangers to kill, is to kill prior to that second ring being cast… Which is, as I said before… 100% based on luck… There’s zero skill involved in that because we have no way of influencing when that is being cast…

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Literally beat this guy on my ranger’s second try with no difficulty using axe/torch.

A shortbow probably would’ve done it better though.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

I like hard content, but this content is not hard, its just RNG based. You need so much luck. I wanna see one person who gets the last boss with 8 crystal achivement!!! (And so much bugs…. plz anet stop to produce garbage content every 2 weeks…) (The best thing was, that some people could produce how much tickets they want by abusing a bug and we have to buy 5 tokens for 20 silver or farm it.) I dont know what else to say, im just dissapointed.

(bad english, i know)

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Haven’t played the content yet, so I can’t judge, but one thing did strike me as interesting.

“Adjust your build” is pretty common advice, but I suddenly remembered something I haven’t thought about for a while. ANet has defended the hassle of having to find an NPC and pay a little money to respec by telling us that they want a sense of permanence in our builds. Our builds are supposed to reflect our play style and who our character is, not be something we easily swap out (with the exception of traits within the same line) with ease.

When people talk about swapping out the right builds for the content, are they talking about switching out weapon, utilities, and traits, or are they talking about investing in different trait lines?

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

Literally beat this guy on my ranger’s second try with no difficulty using axe/torch.

A shortbow probably would’ve done it better though.

And I didnt say it was impossible… I just said that it’s 100% reliant on luck of not getting hit with a second ring before you kill him… Because a second ring, is basicly GG…

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

Yeah yeah, challenge accepted. When I get home, that is.

There was no challenge offered. Those are just simple facts. Is it still doable on a necromancer? Sure, it just takes an unreasonable amount of effort when compared to a guardian or a warrior.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Haven’t played the content yet, so I can’t judge, but one thing did strike me as interesting.

“Adjust your build” is pretty common advice, but I suddenly remembered something I haven’t thought about for a while. ANet has defended the hassle of having to find an NPC and pay a little money to respec by telling us that they want a sense of permanence in our builds. Our builds are supposed to reflect our play style and who our character is, not be something we easily swap out (with the exception of traits within the same line) with ease.

When people talk about swapping out the right builds for the content, are they talking about switching out weapon, utilities, and traits, or are they talking about investing in different trait lines?

My guess is different trait lines with different weapon and armor sets. So bascially probably everthing.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Well Signet of the Locust and 2 energy sigils are the only requirements for the necro, problem is you cannot burst the boss, mobs instakill spawning ontop of you is actual luck and the ui screws (neon light and aoe indicators being same color as ground unless you play on kitten graphics and limit your fps to 60) just make it really really hard to finish the first phase on a necro unlike it would be on a warrior or guardian, maybe even mesmer but i didnt try so far (wanna finish all meta achivments on my main).

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

May even include swapping trinkets and armor to get a more relevant stats spread.

Lets see, what what the gem price for extra bank space again…

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

It’s ok guys, I beat her. Message me in game if you need help, I can try and help out.
IGN: Februaryy

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

On the first day everything is always veeery impossible for you guys
in some days, when better players show you how easily its beaten, only half of you will rage on. and the other half will start copying builds from people that know what theyre doing. Or didn’t you beat the trials t4 in the end? if not, this is just not meant for you. go on.

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

did you beat her with 8 crystals???

Sadistic Developers?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Fancia.3746 I think you’re doing something horribly wrong on that Salazan boss. I seem to remember you don’t take any damage on that fight at all if you move out of the hot parts (but stay in the ring). Maybe you need to change your graphics to see which parts of the floor are safe and which aren’t (you have to kind of do a spiral to not run out of space)

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/