The "I give up beating Liadri" Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Hell, I would pay anyone for just taking my main warrior on my account and do it for me. Name your price, I won’t even try to negotiate. I give you all I have. Hell, I farm you a legendary if needed.

I’ll do it for you for free. Just have to trust that I wont tamper with your account, though. And I’m hoping you’re at least running full exotic gear.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Thank you Anet. Would be nice if you start a QA department that actually test stuff for user experience…

Actually, the running hearsay is that they had a beta test event for this content, and 100 players were involved. Of those 100 beta testers, only 6 beat Liadri.

You’d think that would’ve been a tipoff, right?

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

And of the 100 beta testers not a single one encountered the dozens of bugs in the arena we all experienced right away in the first hour on the 1st day?

You’d think that this would have been a tip-off in regards to QA, don’t you?

And there were lot of more bugs fixed that are not mentioned in the patch notes. How do I know? Because I reported a ton of them and they are gone.

Quality Assurance is not the same as Quality Control. Read up on it. And hard content is fine with me. I am no calling for nerf or anything else, just better quality standards.

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

And of the 100 beta testers not a single one encountered the dozens of bugs in the arena we all experienced right away in the first on the 1st day?

You’d think that this would have been a tip-off in regards to QA, don’t you?

And there were lot of more bugs fixed that are not mentioned in the patch notes. How do I know? Because I reported a ton of them and they are gone.

Quality Assurance is not the same as Quality Control. Read up on it. And hard content is fine with me. I am no calling for nerf or anything else, just better quality standards.

+ 1 … that is the gripe for many of us

in Queen's Jubilee

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Thanks to Kagamiku I know have the mini for my collection and can actually enjoy the game again and forget about this until the next Camera boss comes up. Thank you soooooooooo much.

He will not fiddle with your account, even though my stuff was tempting for him and and I offered him to take what ever he wants.

Also big thanks to the others offering me help here. You guys rocks.

@Kagamiku: if you ever need something just let me know and it will be done.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

This is like the maplestory zakum jump quest. I had to get my guild leader to do it for me cuz I suck so bad with jump quest.

Unlike this which the reward is a mere mini, a lot more actually important things are tied to being able to complete that jump quest.

I’d say mini isn’t really worth worrying about in any case but I guess some people must have.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Seriously guys, stop incriminating yourselves on the forums. If you’re going to go against the ToS, don’t air all right here.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Seriously guys, stop incriminating yourselves on the forums. If you’re going to go against the ToS, don’t air all right here.

It’s not even just the fact that these things are so hard to get, it’s also that they’re not able to be traded. The fellow I mentioned would have no problem just giving me his mini if able. That irks me more than anything else, the fact that many who have them probably don’t even want them, or care. When I’m struggling so hard, with movement disability in my left hand mind you, and am still denied. That could be perceived as whining yes, but the thought has crossed my mind more than once these last six days that I may very well just not even be capable. As much as that alone irritates.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Goes to show ANet how wrong it is to slap challenging buggy “content” into a temporary update. Vocally airing they needed to break the ToS for it to get done on time because adding permanent stuff is too hard to do.

I beat her myself after begging for tons of Coin (19g) and Sprockets from my Guildies, and I’m almost out of Tickets now (trying 8 Orbs). This game needs more hard content, but not temporary stuff, and it needs to actually function properly and not cram the camera up your backdoor or do whatever the kitten THIS is.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Breaking the ToS isn’t proof that something is too difficult to do. ANet puts out content that they are fully aware not everyone will be able to complete. Halloween jump puzzle ring a bell?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sir Arthur.8905

Sir Arthur.8905

I have no issue with difficult content, but difficult content HAS to run PERFECT for it not to be completely unreasonable.

The orbs don’t function correctly, even though it would be difficult enough WITHOUT them, the fact that you cant hit them 95% of the time is just stupid. removing them is an absolute must. What happened to “when it’s done”?

The arena lags for me even in “best performance” It’s like trying to solo Giganticus during Claw of Jormag event. I don’t need to see ANYTHING that’s going on in the arena below. Separating the instances is a MUST. It works with steam ogre in metrica, I don’t mind extra load screens when it means improved gameplay, ESPECIALLY when precise movements and TIMING count.

Once again… the dreaded GW2 camera fails us… another manifestation of the SAME horrible camera issues that are still not resolved a YEAR into the game. Either let the camera go through barriers and make them transparent OR FINALLY make a first person view, so that when My back is on the wall, I don’t see a useless closeup of my torso and a quarter inch on each side of me. I body block myself… how does that work.?

Red thin rings on a mesh floor. Bad job. Make the floor SOLID pattern OR make the Red rings VISIBLE. I don’t care if the red rings become red plates, you can’t see jack diddly, and have to struggle to find the safe area.

What bothers me the most is that ALL of these issues are RECURRING issues in this game. Unhitable objects (graveling mounds), FPS drops from poorly planned conditions (karka living event, Jormag), Camera blocking (since beta), and Inaccurately sized, or poorly displayed attack indicators (Giganticus, Bloomhunger in swamp fractal).

We need to deal with these PRINCIPLE issues, or this will continue to happen with future updates.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

Breaking the ToS isn’t proof that something is too difficult to do. ANet puts out content that they are fully aware not everyone will not be able to complete. Halloween jump puzzle ring a bell?

Of course it doesn’t prove difficulty. It proves what people will resort to when they have to get something done in a strict amount of time before its taken away from them and lack the [resources, time, skill, whatever] to do it in said time limit to get a collectible prize.

If the game’s core mechanics weren’t also a boss to fight during Liadri, maybe more people would be more tolerant to try completing it themselves. This is why I feel the Clocktower is not a good comparison. Everything worked fine, there were no issues besides needing to wait your turn (it didn’t even break armor or rip Waypoint money out of you) and it was really all up to the player for trial & error. It didn’t even have a prize either, so there’s no drive to do it or not.

I’m all in for challenging content that rewards the most prestigious of prizes, but slapping a timer on it pretty much ruins the reason for it existing. It removes the only hard content in the game and wont let people keep trying to improve their skills over time.

“Not everyone deserves everything, that’s entitlement”. This is true. But if it’s taken away before you can accomplish it yourself (and have gained the skills to be able to do it), why are you not allowed to earn it? If somebody else does it for them to get the prize before it’s gone forever, and later has the skills required to win, then they already have the prize tied to it and had their [delayed] victory still be counted for.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

yes

100%. That is the issue.

Difficulty due to annoyance, e.g. game bugs and performance, is not difficulty, but torture.

I’ve beaten harder things on the SNES and PS1, but on consoles you don’t have to deal with all of the bugs/performance issues you do here.

What bothers me most is that there seems to be some sort of developer complacency about the issue: shouldn’t they apologize for this? Shouldn’t they at least say “we are aware that this is not up to our high standards and we will be looking into correcting these issues in the future”?

(edited by crestpiemangler.7631)

in Queen's Jubilee

WilliamDaBloody.2591

No ones is breaking ToS here as no one is offering a service here.

Legal defitnion of a service is: “The doing of something useful or helpful for another individual or for a company in exchange for a fee.”

Basically: No one is allows to make money out of GW2 beside Anet or anyone Anet authroizes to do so. Which is perfectly fine. Just protecting IP and investment.

Just one player helping out another desperate player. That’s all… If this is not acceptable better shut down the forums as well as it is about helping each other.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

No ones is breaking ToS here as no one is offering a service here.

Legal defitnion of a service is: “The doing of something useful or helpful for another individual or for a company in exchange for a fee.”

Basically: No one is allows to make money out of GW2 beside Anet or anyone Anet authroizes to do so. Which is perfectly fine. Just protecting IP and investment.

Just one player helping out another desperate player. That’s all… If this is not acceptable better shut down the forums as well as it is about helping each other.

Don’t mean to be that guy, but sharing an account with another person breaks the ToS too. Which also punishes couples/family/friends that have 1 PC among them and only use 1 GW2 account.

in Queen's Jubilee

WilliamDaBloody.2591

What bothers me most is that there seems to be some sort of developer complacency about the issue: shouldn’t they apologize for this? Shouldn’t they at least say “we are aware that this is not up to our high standards and we will be looking into correcting these issues in the future”?

That would be smart move and would not even be admiting they delivered sub par content once again. CRM is as bad as QA here. Anet’s really unprofessional here and just decides to say nothing and sit it out. Time to revisit corporate governance here in my opinion.

But again: hard content is good. But you have to feel that you cannot do it because it is beyond your skill and not because of technical aspects like the camera or RNG (read the infamous “Crabtacular”).

On other forums people are openly admitting to use camera hacks in mass to complete this one and they could not have done it without it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soyle.1285

Soyle.1285

Liadri isn’t really the problem: Bugs, bugs and bugs are. Hard content is fine, but let’s recap:
- 1) First try arena, wasted many tickets in a cage on the first boss because it had invisible tornadoes all over the place, which made me knock down on the ground 90+% of the time, making it easy for the first boss to one hit kill me. I really couldn’t do anything at all and almost gave up on the whole living story.
- 2) Without dulfy I would have probably never made it, so thx dulfy.
- 3) Wasted even more gold on bugs, fighting oozes + liadri for example is impossible. Or not being able to hit a rift you are clearly hitting. And many other bugs.
- 4) True, camera sux, but that was still half ok for me since I’m not a norn or charr, still it took me about 100+ times of Liadri to see the AoE that drops (poor design). Actually half the time I was running with my camera looking up, but then you can’t see the clones.
- 5) I had to respec more than I can count, plain annoying, especially since a lot of builds required me to buy new sigils, weapons, armor, etc.

Conclusion: Hard content is fine, but fix the kitten bugs before the release please. Before most bugs were fixed, I already lost loads of gold and I almost gave up on the entire thing. I’m pretty sure if other living story content will be as buggy as this, that I won’t even bother with it anymore, or that I will even just quit gw2. Bugs are annoying as hell, I’m on gw2 to have fun, yes, hard bosses are fun, no, bugs are not fun at all. For all I care they change the living story to 4 weeks instead of 2, that gives the devs time to make everything, and it will give us a bugfree game, and actually time to try and get the achievements.

Btw, thx Anet for fixing most bugs, but I must say there still exist a few, and those are annoying. To give one example: What’s the point of using an immobilize skill if it bugs and doesn’t work?

False: When things change, I will be happy.
True: When I am happy, things will change.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

That would be smart move and would not even be admiting they delivered sub par content once again. CRM is as bad as QA here. Anet’s really unprofessional here and just decides to say nothing and sit it out. Time to revisit corporate governance here in my opinion.

Sorry for bumping into your quotes here, but I still believe they are just scared back from Wintersday. Toypocalypse Cancelled got changed because it requires team coordination and forced players to play with randoms and seemingly did its best to separate people who are in the same Guild/Party. After the change the people who earned it by luck/server hopping were absolutely furious. So in order for that type of outcry not to happen again, they’re probably just not going to mention if anything is subpar and keep it as-is unless it’s clearly a broken “exploit”. The last time they tried to acknowledge a horrible achievement design was with Crabtacular, but even after saying they were looking into a fix, it never came.

I must agree though, if they release temporary content that makes the player fight the actual game design (and don’t intend to fix it), an apology or at least a reason why it was designed like that would be very nice to see.

in Queen's Jubilee

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Don’t mean to be that guy, but sharing an account with another person breaks the ToS too. Which also punishes couples/family/friends that have 1 PC among them and only use 1 GW2 account.

Sharing in the legal sense also does not mean “a friend of mine logged in” or “I gave my login details for 5 mins to someone else”. It is in the ToS, so that multiple persons do not use a license in turns as Anet needs wants to sell two licenses, which is perfectly understandable.

But we are getting off-topic here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I never even started to challenge Liadri—can I still join the club?
Defeated all the rest, but I’m not going to put myself through all the stress of trying to defeat her cheap tricks.

Besides, I completed each of the main achievement threads via achievements other than Liadri.

Don’t give up without trying. After reading all the gripes on the forums I almost didn’t even try the gauntlet. But curiosity won out and I was able to 1 shot most of the fights leading up to her, and it took roughly a dozen fights to beat her, a bit over an hour and It was fun. Don’t give up just because someone else tells you it’s impossible without experiencing it for yourself.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I honestly wish the camera was outside where the spectators are, but that would make the fight far too easy. You’d know where everything was.

/sarcasm

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

I honestly wish the camera was outside where the spectators are, but that would make the fight far too easy. You’d know where everything was.

Yeah that’s just crazy talk man. It’s definitely NOT a fair fight if we’re aware of our surroundings and can see the AoEs without straining our eyes to look for red circles on a red-brown grate.
People think of the most broken things sometimes.
/sarcasm

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fiernze.1986

Fiernze.1986

just joined this club… among the thousands of others.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Hold my application until after she’s gone. :0 I keep thinking I might feel like giving her a shot tommorrow. But, tommorrow hasn’t come.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

At least I got the meta+2, I say good bye to the Queen’s Gauntlet forever.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Skipper De Longmont.8734

Skipper De Longmont.8734

Defeated all the rest, but I’m not going to put myself through all the stress of trying to defeat her cheap tricks.

Besides, I completed each of the main achievement threads via achievements other than Liadri.

Don’t give up without trying. After reading all the gripes on the forums I almost didn’t even try the gauntlet. But curiosity won out and I was able to 1 shot most of the fights leading up to her, and it took roughly a dozen fights to beat her, a bit over an hour and It was fun. Don’t give up just because someone else tells you it’s impossible without experiencing it for yourself.

Please tell us all how we can “one shot” the fights. I dont know of any combo + weaps + armor that would allow you to “one shot” the fights.

Next you will tell me you can “one shot” all the Champions as well. And that you “one shot” Zhiatan in a solo match.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

And that you “one shot” Zhiatan in a solo match.

Well about that… I bet he can take out Zhaitan without even unsheathing his weapon. Or looking at the screen. While eating a sandwich.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

Please tell us all how we can “one shot” the fights. I dont know of any combo + weaps + armor that would allow you to “one shot” the fights.

Next you will tell me you can “one shot” all the Champions as well. And that you “one shot” Zhiatan in a solo match.

ofc he can. You can one shot champs and any mob if you can petrify them, all it takes is for them to look in his eyes.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Haven’t given up on Liadri yet, although I’ve spent about 30 tickets on her so far. I can consistently get her to Phase 2 (barring the occasional stupid mistake or laggy death), but I’m still getting down the whole “run around in circles while avoiding the Visions/Shadowfall” part. I’ve still got 40 or so tickets left, so fingers crossed that I’ll make it!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i already beat liadri, but i support the club
didn’t mind the ‘glitches’ too much, if there are any.. i mean, it’s a huge game and for the most part i think the game builders do a good job.. they could have smoothed out a few things to make it easier in theory

as for the direction the game is going, i’m simply appalled
every aspect of queen’s gauntlet is a huge red flag stating how ArenaNet doesn’t want to build their customers an enriched gaming environment and how they simply want to corral their cash cows every chance they get

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

every aspect of queen’s gauntlet is a huge red flag stating how ArenaNet doesn’t want to build their customers an enriched gaming environment and how they simply want to corral their cash cows every chance they get

I agree. It’s either a zerg fest spamming 1 until you fall asleep or get too frustrated because of difficult content circulating around a bad camera. I still have fun with the game but refuse to spend anymore money for various other reasons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

I agree. It’s either a zerg fest spamming 1 until you fall asleep or get too frustrated because of difficult content circulating around a bad camera. I still have fun with the game but refuse to spend anymore money for various other reasons.

more like challenging camera.. it’s part of the challenge

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Disagree… Anet has been giving us too easy contents… I’m happy they’re starting to give us more challenging content.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Caom.9251

Caom.9251

i already beat liadri, but i support the club
didn’t mind the ‘glitches’ too much, if there are any.. i mean, it’s a huge game and for the most part i think the game builders do a good job.. they could have smoothed out a few things to make it easier in theory

How is Anet corralling their cash cow when you don’t even need to pay any real money to access or defeat the boss.

Anet is doing a wonderful job building the enriched gaming environment, they added a more casual piece of content as well as something harder, for players who want to challenge themselves a bit more. You don’t have to do the queen’s gauntlet no one is forcing you to( Anet has also mentioned that the queen’s gauntlet will return in the future so it isn’t a once in a lifetime opportunity you’re missing out on).

Also if you’re wanting that mini, you need to understand that you won’t get everything you want in any game, there have been plenty of times I’ve missed out on stuff like titles, rewards etc… , you need to accept it and move on.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I must love and leave this club… for I have triumphed!
Oh yes, the might Liadri has fallen!

It may be: Pilot Major 1 – Liadri 100 ……. but that One is soooooo bloody sweet….

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I used my elementalist, for all my first times
[ 0/10, I/10 VI/20 V, IX/30 V, VI, XI] Dagger/Dagger, Glyph of Elemental Harmony, Lightning Flash, Mist form, cleansing fire. In full celestial gear save back and shoulders which are PVT, Plate of Steak and Asparagus, and Hardened Sharpening Stone.

I’ve also beaten every boss with my Guardian.
[ 0/10 II/30 I, X, XII/30 III, VIII, IX/0 ] Scepter/Shield , Signet of Resolve, Smite Condition, Judge’s Intervention, Merciful Intervention, Renewed Focus. In Full berserker. Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew, and Quality Maintenance Oil

The pirate quartet and the whirlwind lady were the only fights I personally had to attempt more than once on the way to Liadri. I would be more than happy to share my tactics with anyone needing help but I don’t want to derail the thread, or my point, to not give up before you even try.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Up to 42 tickets spent on Liadri so far, but I’m noticing a steady improvement in my performance!

1st ticket: “You’re going down, Lia- whoops, mistimed the dodge out of Shadowfall.”

10th ticket: “Woohoo! Finally got her to Phase 2! … kitten , those Shadowfall circles are bigger now.”

20th ticket: “Dammit, I don’t have enough dodges! I can’t stay ahead of the circles! Dammitdammitdammit!”

30th ticket: “I get it now! You actually need to move in small circles on the border between two of the zones while hitting Liadri! I can do thi- Oh, kitten you, Cosmic Orb!”

40th ticket: “Got Liadri to 50% health for the first time! I might be able to do this with a little luck!”

Aaaaand now the Pavilion’s locked out. XD Guess Liadri will get to sit smugly on her throne for another few days.