Can one still do the old releases?

in Living World

Posted by: efngn.9315

efngn.9315

The above. What I’m asking is, say I want to do the stuff from Escape from Lion’s Arch. Is that still doable? Or no?

in Living World

Posted by: foufos.4809

foufos.4809

No, those past LS events are gone forever!

in Living World

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

No, all previous Living Story releases are achieved and can’t be revisited. The only was Anet could do this is by making a time travel portal allowing us to get the achievements of the past.
Until then it’s wasted points

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Living World

efngn.9315

kitten . Oh well. They really need, like a time travel portal.

in Living World

efngn.9315

Also, what do you mean by “wasted points”?

in Living World

Posted by: jetjordan.9403

jetjordan.9403

This is the reason I more or less quit playing. I have to go long stretches without playing and I can’t keep up with LS. Since I’m a completionist this has been very off putting, and I only really log on everyone once in a while in order to say hi to guildies and sort of look at the changes.

Anyone else have this problem? The reason I put so many hours on GW1 was because I could sort of pick up where I left off and keep going. Now I just feel like I’m behind (gear/story/content) and I usually log off and go play something else instead/.

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

It’s been a problem for a hell of a lot of people. ANet decided what they were going to do for the full 15 months and stuck to it, not knowing what the consequences would be. Hopefully now that this season is ending, they’ll be able to stop and make the narrative more accessible from within the game.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

efngn.9315

Yay! I really hope they plan to do what you mentioned.

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

See, what people have to realize is that the living story’s what anet’s using to keep us playing. They don’t have gear grind, they don’t have monthly subs. If you could quit the game for a year, and come back and play everything you missed, and essentially not be left behind, what incentive is there to be here?

in Living World

Bob F It.5701

See, what people have to realize is that the living story’s what anet’s using to keep us playing. They don’t have gear grind, they don’t have monthly subs. If you could quit the game for a year, and come back and play everything you missed, and essentially not be left behind, what incentive is there to be here?

Not that I expect you to read my signature, but I would answer with PvP, WvW, alt personal story paths, and dungeons for the sake of fun.

Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

It would be way cool if the Twisted Watchwork Portal Device could port you to instances of past living story that were scaled for a party of 5 …

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

Not that I expect you to read my signature, but I would answer with PvP, WvW, alt personal story paths, and dungeons for the sake of fun.

I read your signature. The other thing is, there’s only so many times you can do the same dungeon before it gets old. Yes, yes, you love running them. Most people don’t. That’s why we haven’t gotten any new dungeons. Some people don’t like PvP or WvW. What do you do after you’ve done all the personal storylines?

in Living World

Bob F It.5701

I read your signature. The other thing is, there’s only so many times you can do the same dungeon before it gets old. Yes, yes, you love running them. Most people don’t. That’s why we haven’t gotten any new dungeons. Some people don’t like PvP or WvW. What do you do after you’ve done all the personal storylines?

Well that doesn’t explain it, because some people don’t like doing living story either. You may think it keeps people playing, but eventually that repeat audience is going to decline. It certainly won’t grow because the design just alienates anyone trying to get into it.

Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

Well that doesn’t explain it, because some people don’t like doing living story either. You may think it keeps people playing, but eventually that repeat audience is going to decline. It certainly won’t grow because the design just alienates anyone trying to get into it.

Find and replace “living story” with any of your suggestions.

in Living World

Bob F It.5701

Find and replace “living story” with any of your suggestions.

Which is why I don’t understand the special treatment.

Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

..or what about the option of not permanently removing content. Just make it insranced or something.

in Living World

Posted by: Leshain.6720

Leshain.6720

This is the reason I more or less quit playing. I have to go long stretches without playing and I can’t keep up with LS. Since I’m a completionist this has been very off putting, and I only really log on everyone once in a while in order to say hi to guildies and sort of look at the changes.

Anyone else have this problem? The reason I put so many hours on GW1 was because I could sort of pick up where I left off and keep going. Now I just feel like I’m behind (gear/story/content) and I usually log off and go play something else instead/.

Same problem here as well, when I am too busy with music production or if anything else business related comes up, real life world takes priority. The idea is good, but the execution of the constant updates is flawed.

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

..or what about the option of not permanently removing content. Just make it insranced or something.

Wouldn’t an instanced marionette be fun!