"Conclusion"

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

If I recall the devs said that this update would answer our questions and wrap up this years story arc. Well I’ve enjoying playing through the invasion and fun house. I still want to know. Who the hell is scarlet? Where is she from? Why is she doing this? Who are the Aetherblades? Why did she form the Molten Alliance? Why does she have a last name? Whats her endgame? I thought these things would have been part of this update. And seeding we get SAB in the next update….. Why leave us will all this lame lore…….. Are we ever going to know? Should we expect these teasers like the glint thing. Just more loose ends everywhere? I can’t play a game like this! I get so caught up in the lore.
Why don’t we have answers!

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

They don’t have the answers. That’s why we don’t have the answers.

They’ve no idea where they want to go with the Living Story. There are too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough writers.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I too am puzzled by this. Then again did they every say that we would get an idea where the story is headed after this LW update?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, they did not say conclusion.
They said they would start to tie everything together, which is exactly what they have done.
We now have confirmation that Scarlet was behind the Molten Alliance. We now know who Scarlet is (more or less) and so on.

The Living Story is not over, it will continue and more stuff will be answered with time.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

No, they did not say conclusion.
They said they would start to tie everything together, which is exactly what they have done.
We now have confirmation that Scarlet was behind the Molten Alliance. We now know who Scarlet is (more or less) and so on.

The Living Story is not over, it will continue and more stuff will be answered with time.

More stuff will be answered….but only after everyone has forgotten the question. The plot is taking far too long to develop.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

I think anet just forgot how to write lore. And Is going down the blizzard path.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Wait there was supposed to be a conclusion?
Awesome, ANet can we now go back to DRAGONS and the real story? Ktnxbai!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I think anet just forgot how to write lore. And Is going down the blizzard path.

Actually, I think Blizzard are doing a lot better at telling actual stories, recently. With the Living World ArenaNet have given a backdrop, a setting for a story, but aren’t actually telling a story.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Anet was never big about lore. I remember in GW1 that it was the GW community who developed the lore in Tyria and Anet simply expound that their own way.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

I agre with the OP. I don’t get why the molten alliance is even affiliated with scarlet and out of nowhere when we do the invasion they would pop out in the zone, same with the steam creatures. there is just no story behind it at all to connect them together.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The Living Story feels like that PnP RPG game where every gaming session has a random encounter, and soon enough everyone just kind of forgets there was ever a main story.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Drage.9816

Drage.9816

Anet was never big about lore. I remember in GW1 that it was the GW community who developed the lore in Tyria and Anet simply expound that their own way.

Gw1 had more story than this part of game …

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

They are really dragging this all out aren’t they. I’d honestly like to see some sort of conclusion to this major year-long arc soon so that we can freakin move on already.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

They are really dragging this all out aren’t they. I’d honestly like to see some sort of conclusion to this major year-long arc soon so that we can freakin move on already.

Why does an arc need to be so short? Things are just starting to get interesting, especially since the first 4 months were F&F and picked up at a snails pace…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Why does an arc need to be so short? Things are just starting to get interesting, especially since the first 4 months were F&F and picked up at a snails pace…

Because many of us don’t even remember the first 6 months of the story.

Let’s see….
I remember some angry mole people.
Then we had a bunch of crabs and some island thing.
After that it was some generic pirates.
Then it was (flying?) merchants.
Then something about politics.
Then the Queen threw a party and some robots attacked for some unknown reason.

I barely remember any NPCs or dialogue or anything from any of those events. What mostly springs to mind were the bugs…such as the Cattlepult and items that could not be clicked or were missing from the gameworld altogether.

Do I remember any of the plot? Not a thing. When you drag these ‘chapters’ out for too long, people lose interest in the story.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

What irks me is that Colin branded this as a “major change” to the world. What, exactly, has changed?

Oh right, nothing…

One – Piken Square

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Let’s see….

I barely remember any NPCs or dialogue or anything from any of those events. What mostly springs to mind were the bugs…such as the Cattlepult and items that could not be clicked or were missing from the gameworld altogether.

Do I remember any of the plot? Not a thing. When you drag these ‘chapters’ out for too long, people lose interest in the story.

You may wanna go see a doctor for that memory loss, i remember everything just fine and am interested to see how this plays out.

That being said i do think they should have something (probably a priory scholar) that’d give players a Recap on what’s happened, or better yet, a way to play through the previous events in some way shape or form.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Let’s see….

You may wanna go see a doctor for that memory loss, i remember everything just fine and am interested to see how this plays out.

That being said i do think they should have something (probably a priory scholar) that’d give players a Recap on what’s happened, or better yet, a way to play through the previous events in some way shape or form.

I remember the serial number from the first $20 bill I ever owned (from 24 years ago)…. ‘L 27785967 I’.
I remember my entire family’s social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, birth days, etc.
I remember a sequence of 30 numbers I was given 26 years ago, in order to test my memory….‘224563811137540691672798207214’.
I can recite the Alphabet backwards, list every US president in order by date of their term(s) and can identify every unclassified military vehicle used by any country in the world.

However, for the life of me, I cannot remember the Living Story plot. It seems most of it wasn’t even conveyed in game but rather through short stories on websites.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I don’t think it has to be short, necessarily… but if it isn’t, the writers going to increasingly run into the problem of players missing part of it when real life intervenes. If the plot is too much of an continuous arc, the story becomes increasingly incomprehensible to people who haven’t seen all of it.

Because living story segments don’t repeat, having a long arc means that the player could be put in a position of – to give the Factions example – missing everything from Vizunah Square to leaving Kaineng and still have the story have to make some kind of sense, or the player getting up to the last mission but never getting to confront Shiro and resolve the story, etc.

The stories have to be either shorter or episodic, because most players will miss at least one or a few segments over the course of, say, half a year or more.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Gw1 had more story than this part of game …

GW1 prophecies alone had 10x better lore than the whole of GW2

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, Prophecies alone had rather bad lore and way too many unexplained things.
Sadly people seems to overlook all issues with GW1 and seems to think that it was released at the state that it were when they announced GW2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

They don’t have the answers. That’s why we don’t have the answers.

They’ve no idea where they want to go with the Living Story. There are too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough writers.

<— Volunteer right here, and it so happens I’m a writer as well! Anyway, this statement seems correct.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

"Conclusion"

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

The Living World for me, is discover World!

Let me out!
Let me discover dragons!
Let me discover new ruins of the past!
Let me jumping in the mountains!
Let me track champions Mordremoth, Jormag, Deep Sea, Krakatorix, Primordus!
Let me discover great maps!
Let me discover new Orr, following purification Traherne!
Let me go to the North Divine Promontory !
Let me go to the Tarnished Coast!
Let me go Discover Crystal Desert!
Let me dream!
Give me the news: tattoos, hairstyles, earrings, Enhanced design Asura and Sylvari!
Let me live stories complete!

And in our current maps, add puzzle, add dungeon Fixed, add Armor, do we go further in the Lore!
And players will expect : guild halls, the housing …

# Asura because I’m worth it!