I predict the new hub will be ......

in Living World

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

The Heart of the mists.

Nice big under-used open area – Next patch starts the process of more closely integrating PvE and PvP with the removal of glory – strong hints that the current pvp lockers will be changed so that any items collected will be usable in PvE. A good area to allow players to duel 1v1.

As for LA? I predict it will be turned into an open world zone.

in Living World

Daroon.1736

From what I can recall they aren’t blending it completely together they’re removing glory to replace it with another form of PVP rewards. The PvP lockers will probably always be PvP lockers. You can’t blend the HoTM with pve because HoTM is running characters on a different system with all being lvl 80 with relatively close stats.

During the webcast the Dev’s seemed VERY keen on suggesting that you REALLY want to try and fill you PvP locker before the changes. From the rather knowing looks on their faces I presumed a pretty big change was in the offing and the idea that all the armor in the locker would be useable in PvE makes lots of sense to me.

Re the leveling up, it’s an instanced area so I don’t see any issues – A closer alignment of PvE and PvP and the ability to use all the items in the Pvp Locker would make the current PvP armor/weapon system redundant.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I think it will be LA again. We regain control after the completion of the next LS update. If not, they may introduce something new. But since they are so eager NOT to introduce new maps/areas it is unlikely.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Daroon.1736

During the webcast the Dev’s seemed VERY keen on suggesting that you REALLY want to try and fill you PvP locker before the changes. From the rather knowing looks on their faces I presumed a pretty big change was in the offing and the idea that all the armor in the locker would be useable in PvE makes lots of sense to me.

Re the leveling up, it’s an instanced area so I don’t see any issues – A closer alignment of PvE and PvP and the ability to use all the items in the Pvp Locker would make the current PvP armor/weapon system redundant.

The only issue with this theory is that the armor in PvP is usable in PvE….It’s the equivalents that you find in PvP. If they blended the two together it would take out the entire purpose of the vendors in PvE. Nobody would need to run dungeons for the specific armor or weapon appearances. They could just make it in PvP instead.

True, but the dev’s have already said ‘use all your pvp crafting materials now’ suggesting that ‘crafting’ will be removed from PvP.

in Living World

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Vigil Keep.

Dat Mystic Toilet attracting millions.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It can’t be the heart of the mists.

PvP and PvE have slightly different skill/trait/attribute systems in place which would mean that no PvE players could edit their builds inside the supposed hub… It just doesnt make sense.

Also most PvE or WvW players don’t want to be shuffled/routed through the Heart of the Mists constantly. it just doesn’t fit…

in Living World

Daroon.1736

It can’t be the heart of the mists.

PvP and PvE have slightly different skill/trait/attribute systems in place which would mean that no PvE players could edit their builds inside the supposed hub… It just doesnt make sense.

Also most PvE or WvW players don’t want to be shuffled/routed through the Heart of the Mists constantly. it just doesn’t fit…

From the PvP changes FAQ on in the PvP forum:
Q: Will we eventually be able to use PvP rank/cultural/dungeon armor skins in PvE/WvW?
A: Yes, players will eventually be able to take their looks across game modes;

My reading of all the statements that have come out so far, is that aside from a rank, down the line all of the systems you mentioned will also be standardized across the game types.

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Heart of the Mists wouldn’t really work from a lore perspective, would it? Aren’t the mists supposed to be really unstable?

I’m assuming we’ll take back lion’s arch by the end of this LS Season, then it’ll be in reconstruction mode over the next few months, perhaps with an impossibly high goal for us to meet regarding gathering materials for it or something. Basically a server-wide event that goes for months. And then it may or may not be done before season two starts.

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Ebon Hawk it makes a lot of sense

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The only issue with this theory is that the armor in PvP is usable in PvE….It’s the equivalents that you find in PvP. If they blended the two together it would take out the entire purpose of the vendors in PvE. Nobody would need to run dungeons for the specific armor or weapon appearances. They could just make it in PvP instead.

True, but the dev’s have already said ‘use all your pvp crafting materials now’ suggesting that ‘crafting’ will be removed from PvP.

Sounds like you never heard that they’re making it so you can use your PvE skins in PvP and removing those PvP only things.