Living World has broken me

in Living World

Posted by: Kebtiz.8370

Kebtiz.8370

At first, when they announced the idea of Living World, I was excited. Then When Flame and Frost came around I was suddenly burdened with real life and managed to get very little into it before it ended, and I thought, well, it happens, better luck next time.

The next one I was around to play was Dragon Bash, and I have a lot of fun doing it, the available time span was large enough, the achievements didn’t feel overly tedious. I actually finished a few of them just leveling a new character.

Next I recall was Aetherblades and the announcement of the new two week intervals. My first thought was that new content disappearing every two weeks seems risky. And the timeframe to complete the content forced me to do nothing other than this content in my available time. To but it simply, it was more tedious than fun.

But what finally did it for me was yesterday when I logged in hoping to have some fun and finish up a few more Queens Gauntlet matches and suddenly I find myself watching a speech about something or another, trying my very best to find the new content forced upon me enjoyable, when something in my brain clicked and I realized that new achievements and temporary content every two weeks simply isn’t fun. While it is entirely true that much of the content put on its own, and playable at your own leisure, would be great, I don’t like being forced into a cattle shoot, zigzagging though a maze of interesting mechanics and things that I have never seen, knowing that one of these corners is just going to end with a pneumatic rod shot into mytemple.

In summary, I didn’t pay for the same experience that cattle get at slaughterhouses for free.

(edited by Kebtiz.8370)

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

So wait, you’re dead now?

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Kebtiz.8370

I haven’t rounded that particular corner yet.

in Living World

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Welcome to the club. 80% of GW2’s population has been waiting for you.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Living World

Kebtiz.8370

I was trying so hard to force myself to enjoy it that I lost sight of why I started playing GW2 in the first place =(

in Living World

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

I completely agree, Kebtiz, but I don’t really think ANet is hearing us on this one.

in Living World

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

Yep … I was telling my friends how awesome GW2 is because it keeps the game fresh all the time, no other game developers put this much effort and so on and so on …

I stopped thinking it’s a good idea.

This last release (QJ) I thought was great because I had my eyes on the Radiant Mantle that comes with 6000 AP, and living story offered the best AP … But looking back at this month, it looks I’ve felt more obligated to play the kitten out of the game than played because I had fun. I actually came to the conclusion I spent too much time like this without feeling satisfaction, so I won’t be doing the next living story.

And then the Clockwork Chaos turns out to be a farm festival. And my brain doesn’t know what to decide. The player in me sees this is an opportunity that MUST NOT be missed, but the human being says NOOO – you won’t be happy after.

And I generally dislike the whole situation.

in Living World

Posted by: lucaf.5948

lucaf.5948

Not sure I completely got the various concepts brought about here (my bad, not english mother language) but I sort of agree with what I grabbed out of these posts
Living Wolrd releases aint at all much fun in my opinion, rather seems to me its going to be a zerg fest with “farming trains” like everywhere in farming zone (Cursed Shore anyone…??).

I am a very casual player and got back to paly GW2 this august during the summer break. In all honetsy I dont like much the whole idea of releasing content via the Living World events. I would rather like a real expansion, but this is another story.

Specifically on the latest Clockwork Chaos, I have a “complaint”: that event stopped my slow progress in the Queens Jubilee set of achievements. I know they are tied one into the other but that is exactly what I disike as I feel I am forced to play while in a game the choice what to play should be mine.

Besides, as I am a casual/noob/slow/posy player I figure I might not be able to complete neither of the achievements sets because Anet decided to interconnect.

Anet, i liked GW2 a lot, I prepurchased it, ran all the beta with much enthusiam, but in the end I dont like the way you are updating and publishing content.

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Source, please.

in Living World

Posted by: Bawzdawg.2839

Bawzdawg.2839

Well when the game first launched i was so exited and had a ton of fun, i even played on beta weekends and preordered the game.

But this game turned out to be a boring grindfest as it is now, the living world is a joke, its all about stupid tasks which doesnt challenge the player as an indiviual or a team as a team at all.
The living wolrd feels so pointless to mee its cheap it looks actually as if the devs are desperate and rush out pointless content to the game.
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING epic about GW2, the dragon fights are a joke, all meta bosses are a joke. hte bosses are way to static to be a real challenge, its a walk in the park srsly, make them attack more frequently to a) Increase the level of challenge and b) make a debuff called CONFUSION (ya people would like it to be actually VIABLE in pve) work.
You should also make conditions tick stronger against MOBs to make condition builds an option to direct damage in dungeons.

WvW is ridicioulus aswell, i mean theres no point for a dominant server liek mine (SFR) to hold a keep at all costs, u can let it drop and get it back later, cuz u can do it within 2-3 minutes….
Pure manpower decides the outcome of a match, and nightcoverage, thats bullkitten, the elonas reach people are really great wvw opponents and tbh they would easily be #1 if they would have more manpower, and that is the bad thing about it, tactics are mostly irellevant xept for a gvg fight. Manpower decides the outcome of a week.

i mean its not that hard to make this game a real epic experience, and this game aint even as close to be as epic as u promoted it, still no housing and the personal instance in your race`s capitals are a joke, theire pointless unless for farming them crystals spawning there.+
Why dont u release some content which forces the servers to work together, i mean pve wise? Like the Vanilla WoW`S Ahn Quiraj opening, less grindy more fast paced, like an invasion, and if u dont stop it a village will be destroyed and u have to rebuild it, i mean not like a cheap 5 min event i mean where u actually have t gather stones and wood and kitten like that, it should take a week or more to rebuild the mentioned town. make the attackers pread and siege and hold their ground on captured towns and important waypoints to make people actually FELL THAT THE WORLD IS ALIVE and that they have an impact with what they do.
You could get so much more money out of this game if you would PUT REAL EFFORT INTO it and LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

in Living World

Bawzdawg.2839

and i predict that this game will die just liek SWTOR if u dont change your content politics, cuz it went really bad i mean REALLY BAD, its boring as it is right now, really boring and repeatative, same task just another disguise… kill this mob xxx times, use item y xxx times, i mean cmon guys really???
its 2013 this stuff is outdated if someone ver played an mmo before gw2 is juzst liek a mix of rift, vindictus and (insert any rvr game).
Implement player created contend, just like in Neverwinter Online for example.
Well limit loot and exp to prevent a dungeon with a chest filled with 10k gold and full of ascendend gear.
and for sake of your income, sell tokens, just liek them for selfmade arenas, to keep the dungeon up and such u know?
Just start realising that u went the wrong route, and this game will last for so many years and will keep selling, cuz tbh i promoted gw2 in the beginning but since 2 months, i dont recommend it to anyone anymore.

in Living World

Bawzdawg.2839

you should also FINALLY implement capture the flag arenas and team deathmatch arenas.
2 soimple concepts, an EASY task for any professional programmer, simple map (like warsong gulch) to flag points a few rivers and other things to maneuver around or use tactically to block a flag runner, its just that easy and you could make people love this game again.

in Living World

Posted by: Tad.4109

Tad.4109

i think living story would work better for me if the following were to occur.

1. each month a new chapter in the living story is released. players will know that the content for that month will focus on this new chapter in the living story. at the beginning of each month, players will learn what is happening, and be given enough context and background information to know why and how they need to act.

a critical piece for me is that as players finish achievements, they are given new information about the current chapter in the story. this can happen through cut scenes, emails, or a journal that is received in a rewards chest. in other words, you learn about the story as you make your way through the content. right now, the content is about participating in zerg after zerg with no new information or storytelling provided. if you are going to tell a living story, then storytelling needs to be tied to rewards. period.

2. two-weeks into the month, the conclusion of the chapter is released. it does not overwrite the previous content. rather, it is complementary to it and is primarily a minor update that allows characters to complete the chapter, and help set the stage for the next chapter.

if those two things were to happen, i think a lot of confusion on the part of the player would be alleviated. at least we would have a basic road map for how the living story will unfold.

in Living World

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

I’m sort of on the fence about all the content, however, I just figured out that I can’t finish the Queen Jubilee’s achievements because I have to do some dungeon first (I hate dungeons).

WvW is ridicioulus aswell….
Pure manpower decides the outcome of a match, and nightcoverage

I’ve said this time and time again in matchup threads, where people argue that skill decides it. Population ( WvW coverage) is the key to whether a server will do well or not. I think it would be hard to devise a system that allowed a more skillful server to win unless some sort of population cap or map population balance were in place.
/off topic

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I suspect part of the problem with WVW is that there is no long term expense for the server when characters die. Real life wars often get decided on pure attrition, who can kill more of the enemy than the enemy can of them. This again leading to terms like Pyrrhic Victory, where the “winner” have lost so many that they may as well be considered the looser.

WVW do not have a solid system for this. And sadly any such system is liable to be griefed (real life would consider it sabotage or terrorism).

The reason we keep seeing roving zergs repeated flipping the same places, is that there is no real way to make any attempt at capturing it more expensive for the attacker than the defender.

in Living World

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

And then the Clockwork Chaos turns out to be a farm festival. And my brain doesn’t know what to decide. The player in me sees this is an opportunity that MUST NOT be missed, but the human being says NOOO – you won’t be happy after.

This, oh man, this! ^^^^

I’ve enjoyed most of my time in GW2, but right around the Zephyr stuff is when this became a big achievement fest. This last patch, when I log in and see lots more new achievements.. on one hand I’m like “Yay, APs” but then on the other hand, I’m really starting to feel overwhelmed by this every two weeks.

I think these past two installments have been what really ramped up these feelings of conflict for me, I think because they’re so horribly zergy, grindy.. yet really rewarding (champ farm Orr/Frostgorge, Pavillion farm, gauntlet farm, doing multiple dungeons quickly, now these invasion farms.) I’m not the type to do this repetitive farming, but the income has been so good my brain is saying “You can’t miss out on this and get left behind” but also saying “Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhp the grind! You’re burning yourself out!” Honestly, this zergy grindfest really needs to stop. There’s been far too much injected into the game these past two updates.

I’ve plenty of time to play compared to a lot of people but even I am wishing they’d scale this back to monthly releases.

(Also I feel the story has been sorta trivial… I’d love for them to get back to the type of lore in GW1 that attracted and initially kept me in this game.)

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

My girlfriend was yawning 20 minutes into the 45-minute event chain we’re forced to do five times if we ever want to see our beautiful pavilion again. She cannot complete the pavilion achievements she decided to wait on because it’s closed. And for what?

The opening of the closing ceremony (…) seemed rushed and cheap. The queen said about two sentences before AHAHAHA! Evil character interruption! Both our characters floated into the floor when it started. I don’t know if the problem is the two-week cycle, but I certainly don’t feel like they’re polishing the updates as much as they should be.

And I don’t feel like they’re listening much, even if I do see some topics with red ANet responses. Did we ever get an official response on liadri? How about bi-weekly updates but with a week of respite between two releases? If that made sense to anyone. [so between queen’s and zaephyr, we had a single week, even if we were tired of zaephyrs]

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I agree, OP. It has gotten to the point for me where I just blaze through whatever stupid LS they currently have out to get the massive bump in achievement points, because honestly the story is very weak and seems to be getting drawn out and leading to nowhere.

The current LS, Clockwork Chaos, is buggy as all hell for me and I’m waiting for the one map I need left to finish Invasion Canceler to pop up on the world event thingy (I had completed this map once but I didn’t get credit for it for some reason).

As soon as I get that nonsense done, I go back to doing what I enjoy in the core game, like occasionally doing dungeons, the activity games (only real fun to come out of the LS chapters IMO), and playing on my alts for the remainder of the LS span while dreading whatever terrible new chapter they have ready to torture us with next.

in Living World

Posted by: Tad.4109

Tad.4109

as a side note, i was participating in an ‘invasion’ (term used loosely since the invaders always retreat) in the Gendarran Fields and at one point i couldn’t help but laugh because the Centaurs kept attacking us as if nothing else was happening around them. i realize the Centaur attacks are scripted events, but it was just so silly watching these creatures try to attack us with cheap swords and bows while the robot invaders where busy shooting at us with their ‘pew! pew! pew!’ laser beams. i almost had to stop playing – having both of these things happen side by side just made no sense. zero believability factor.

in Living World

Galtrix.7369

Source, please.

Take a look around the forums. 80% of the posts about the Living Story are negative and 80% of the population wants improvement. Based on those forum posts and the negative comments I’m getting from my guild, I can safely say that the Living Story is hated by the majority of the population. My guild has nearly 500 members and there was a poll awhile ago on their website that asked how many people liked, disliked, or hated the living story. 74% hated. 17% disliked. 9% liked.

in Living World

IndigoSundown.5419

Source, please.

Take a look around the forums. 80% of the posts about the Living Story are negative and 80% of the population wants improvement. Based on those forum posts and the negative comments I’m getting from my guild, I can safely say that the Living Story is hated by the majority of the population. My guild has nearly 500 members and there was a poll awhile ago on their website that asked how many people liked, disliked, or hated the living story. 74% hated. 17% disliked. 9% liked.

OK, so you pulled a number out of a hat. Got it. You don’t provide numbers for the informal guild forum survey, but by omission want us to believe that close to 500 took it. Forum posters are never a majority of the population and the forums are more divided than you seem to think — they always are.

My guild of 100 does LS when they want to, not when they don’t. There have been zero complaints about it. No one doing the events on FC is complaining in chat. No one in LA is complaining, in fact LA is more populated with people than I’ve ever seen, between invasions, and nearly empties when the next one starts.

Now, I’m not going to assume that my experience means that a vast majority of the game’s population likes the LS. It may, it may not. You may be right, you may be wrong. However, you cannot “safely say” anything based on the “evidence” you provided.

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Well we have to realize in order to make the living story feel real, they would have to make some stuff temporary. If everything was instance, it would kind of kill the experience too.

They should make some stuff that is perm, but not entire storylines. It defeats the purpose. The invasion being perm is a great start with this. They want players to be rewarded for sticking with the game and playing it. Not everyone will make it, this is true. Not everyone is on the forums either. Saying 80% of the population doesn’t like it is not at all accurate. I would probably say closer to 30%-40% at most. I like the system. I love finding new players and telling about all the stuff I saw and what not. It makes the world feel some what more alive and it is a new and welcome addition to the MMO genre. They said they will be making more things perm, which they are. Invasions are just a start and I’m sure we will see more.

in Living World

Galtrix.7369

Source, please.

OK, so you pulled a number out of a hat. Got it. You don’t provide numbers for the informal guild forum survey, but by omission want us to believe that close to 500 took it. Forum posters are never a majority of the population and the forums are more divided than you seem to think — they always are.

My guild of 100 does LS when they want to, not when they don’t. There have been zero complaints about it. No one doing the events on FC is complaining in chat. No one in LA is complaining, in fact LA is more populated with people than I’ve ever seen, between invasions, and nearly empties when the next one starts.

Now, I’m not going to assume that my experience means that a vast majority of the game’s population likes the LS. It may, it may not. You may be right, you may be wrong. However, you cannot “safely say” anything based on the “evidence” you provided.

I would be happy to go back to their website and look in their archives for the original poll. The amount of people that took it was somewhere in the 300’s, but I can definitely double and triple check if you want me to. The 80% for the forum posts was an educated guess, seeing as how nearly nobody has commented on how well the LS is doing, I even gave the people that like the LS an advantage by lowering the % from 100 to 80.

Please do the comparison between the “I love the LS” posts, and the “I dislike the LS” posts, and you will see for yourself. I’m not attempting to push numbers on you anymore, unless you really do want me to go back and search for hours in the website’s archives. If you don’t believe me, do the comparison and the math yourself please.

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Source, please.

I would be happy to go back to their website and look in their archives for the original poll. The amount of people that took it was somewhere in the 300’s, but I can definitely double and triple check if you want me to. The 80% for the forum posts was an educated guess, seeing as how nearly nobody has commented on how well the LS is doing, I even gave the people that like the LS an advantage by lowering the % from 100 to 80.

Please do the comparison between the “I love the LS” posts, and the “I dislike the LS” posts, and you will see for yourself. I’m not attempting to push numbers on you anymore, unless you really do want me to go back and search for hours in the website’s archives. If you don’t believe me, do the comparison and the math yourself please.

That is where you’re wrong. Look at anywhere on the forums for any game and a majority of the post on the forums are about bad things. For some reason, I don’t know why, people would rather post about things that are bad rather than good.

I’d love to see this poll too. Even if it was 300 players (assuming a person only voted once, having trolls do this to polls would not be surprising), 300 is a very small number considering the copies that have been sold. I’m in a guild of 150 people and I’m the only one who frequents all sections of the forum.

Thats why its hard many times for developers to do things based on only forum post. They represent but a small fraction of the community. Another important thing is people having fun. More things are becoming perm and expect to see even more added in. However, temporary is a requirement for the living story to work.

in Living World

IndigoSundown.5419

Source, please.

Actually, I’d prefer these discussions refrain from quoting numbers that even if annotated, are going to be questionable. Even if technically correct, such claims are prone to manipulation in the form of selective interpretation. Since this is an opinion forum, it might be better for people to stick to just their opinion.

As to like/dislike posts, even that can be misleading. There have been a lot of “speculation as to what’s going on” posts. Those posters seem to be enjoying it, but probably wouldn’t “count” because they aren’t coming out and saying, “Hey, I like this update.”

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I have to say I am impressed with the amount of content they are pouring on us, but it is just to much. I play every night plus more on the weekends and I just feel like I am having to spend to much time on LS to get the APs before the next race starts. They either need to cut the AP requirements in half or double the time between releases. This should actually be easier on their development load. How about spending that time instead on stuff like in game LFG?

in Living World

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I agree with Kebtiz.8370, part of the issue is poorly designed events.

Examples:

I’ve saved Lord Faren & defeated Scarlet, got the Defender of the Crow achievement but, I still have to go back and do it again, wait, what! This time to I have save Faren in 3 mins. and defeat Scarlet again with out dieing, what’s wrong with that sequence of events? What kind of story telling is that, huh?

How come there is a timer for the invasion events and none for the timed event for Lord Faren? Once again poor design.

This Event should have been 14 of 17, with number of invasions finished with the completion of the Vorpp’s achievement. I’ve done 14 of 17 events, feel burnt out and just not having fun anymore.

in Living World

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Source, please.

Like pretty much every statistic claimed around here, the sample size is (Me and my imaginary friends)

Although to be fair, the forum is not necessarily an indicator of the general population so it may be misleading. I would be very scared for humanity if that were true. People in game are generally nice folks, or maybe they are secretly petty.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have worked out, on average I can play GW2 between 14 – 28 hrs a week…

But, that is not going to be enough time to complete clockwork chaos and there has already been a few living stories that I have not had time to fully complete…

They need to tone down the time required or extend the Living Story to 3 weeks/monthly…

Perhaps having a big content update at the start which you have 4 weeks to do really and 2 weeks later have a smaller content update with not much to do, just wraps up the story. They could put all the balancing, quality of life, misc updates in the smaller content update to pad it out.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I find the Living Story to be boring as well but to quote some random guild poll of 500 people vs the millions that play the game it’s a bit silly to think the entire player base also shares your guilds views.

I do find the lock out of the pavilion is wrong. Denying people content after they have already started it isn’t good design.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I agree with Kebtiz.8370, part of the issue is poorly designed events.

Examples:

I’ve saved Lord Faren & defeated Scarlet, got the Defender of the Crow achievement but, I still have to go back and do it again, wait, what! This time to I have save Faren in 3 mins. and defeat Scarlet again with out dieing, what’s wrong with that sequence of events? What kind of story telling is that, huh?

And who’s fault is that?
It’s very common for games to have additional goals to make certain segments harder. They are there so you can achieve them and feel good about it. That’s all they are, a little tick that shows how good you are.

And that’s where it all went wrong. With the inclusion of achievement rewards, for which the community has begged and begged, they completely ruined the whole concept of achievements. Instead of doing them because they are a challenge, or because you want to expand the content you enjoy and bring it to a new level, you now have a bunch of people who have to do it because they need the rewards.

Of course they neither have to, nor need it, but people just have to be the best at everything and get the most out of it.

Thinking like that, the darn LS is way too much of a chore. I have long stopped caring about those achievements. I don’t have the time, nor the patience to try and get a 45 minute long invasion in 13 different maps done. I’m not even online enough to actually see it happen in 13 different maps. So I’m glad they added LS achievements to the daily rotation, so I don’t have to do it all to make the meta.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

(edited by Evans.6347)

in Living World

Kebtiz.8370

I’d like a “how are we doing” box included with dailies, where as you are clicking “exit to desktop” there is a promt regarding how you felt about your game experience that day/week. Perhaps even separate it so wvw, ls, general pve, pvp are kept separate.

Here is my scale:
1 wtf did I jsut witness?, 2 I just logged in for the chat room, 3 significant room for improvement, 3 good, 5 great

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Source, please.

I’m going to have to disagree with your assessment of how well the material is liked. On the server I play on I’m seing more people than I’ve seen in months. Whether you like it or not, the latest chapter is a success. Lions Arch is always queued, the invasion map is always queued, and business is picking up in the pavilion again. There are a lot of people playing these days.

This many people wouldn’t be playing if they didn’t like the game. Therefore, I disagree with your position that 80% of people don’t like it. Besides, your source doesn’t reflect the population of GW2 as a whole.

in Living World

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Truths:

1- The LS could wait a little more than 2 week. It would not harm it. We’d rather have a compelling story than farming. Or at least I would like to think so.
2- We need the story telling of the Living STORY. Not on the website. IN GAME. Otherwise it feels lackluster.
3- Things need a little bit more of polish. Really. After the Queen’s Jubilee instance I was so excited to see what was going down on the QS, but my heart was hurted instead after the glitched cinematics and the so called Scarlet.
4- You have A GREAT CONCEPT, I love the Living Story, but unfortunately, the concept is good, the execution not so much.
5- I think it is ok to have easy achivements and hard achivements. If somebody can’t do the kittenes, screw them. Don’t change that.

Opportunities:
1- Instanced gameplay works. If you can’t come out with better things than crazy zergs, don’t be afraid of instancing more stuff.

You can improve Anet. You are a wonderful team and company. Give more participation for your story writters and base the game a little more around lore, not lore around the game.

(edited by MakubeC.3026)

in Living World

Posted by: mbridg.4069

mbridg.4069

And I generally dislike the whole situation.

I am going through this same conflict. I haven’t finished a daily in a couple days, and I feel ok about it. I realized that I was playing because I felt like I “had to” not because I wanted to. “Can’t miss a daily” “won’t get my laurel” “won’t finish the meta achievement” “I should be doing an invasion right now” “Think of all the money I’m missing out on”

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yessir :/

Anet has made GW2 your “your after-work-job” instead of “your after-work deep relaxation”.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

and i predict that this game will die just liek SWTOR if u dont change your content politics, cuz it went really bad i mean REALLY BAD, its boring as it is right now, really boring and repeatative, same task just another disguise… kill this mob xxx times, use item y xxx times, i mean cmon guys really???
its 2013 this stuff is outdated if someone ver played an mmo before gw2 is juzst liek a mix of rift, vindictus and (insert any rvr game).
Implement player created contend, just like in Neverwinter Online for example.
Well limit loot and exp to prevent a dungeon with a chest filled with 10k gold and full of ascendend gear.
and for sake of your income, sell tokens, just liek them for selfmade arenas, to keep the dungeon up and such u know?
Just start realising that u went the wrong route, and this game will last for so many years and will keep selling, cuz tbh i promoted gw2 in the beginning but since 2 months, i dont recommend it to anyone anymore.

I will clarify what you mean.

• The game has become a repetition of tasks
  • The only reason you do tasks is because you get “shinies”
  • Shinies don’t actually make you happy, because after you have shiny #1, you want shiny # and so on, in a very profitable (for arenanet) cycle of “farm zeh shinies”.

Solution:

• One-time content (meaning, no repetition of the same antique kitten all over)
  • Real impact on the world
  • Playing for FUN

=> Quit GW2

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I must just be wired differently, most of the achievements for these LS I can sit down and work on in a couple hours (aside from the time gated ones, which usually don’t take long to do each day), I set a personal goal and say to myself “bet you can’t do this” and just go to town. Hell the invasions are a blast, get in map chat a joke around, run around KILLING everything with tons of people, all while being timed. On CD last weekend we had a friendly argument about champ farming the event and actually trying to do the event and then we ended up succeeding the event with 0:00 left on the clock, it was the most epic experience ever. I also went out of town for a week a few weeks back, missed some LS and all that…but guess what? So what? There was more content to check out when I got back. I’m currently working on a legendary, and i’m doing that by playing the game, doing LS’s, doing WvW, doing dailies, etc. I’m not going “ok time to farm T6 mats in a specific map for 2 hours” I’m just playing the game and relaxing. Hell I just spent half my gold on dye’s last night lol….and I don’t even care lol because now my character looks kitten. Piece of advice to everyone not having fun with the game, take a break, go outside, breathe some fresh air. If it’s seriously getting you this upset and un happy then you need to stop.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB