Survey: 2 weeks or 1 month?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d prefer monthly. I think that Anet would have more time to polish things and overall give better quality content without potentially overworking themselves if they slowed their speed by half. And 4 weeks is still short enough to keep most people’s interests, allowing folks to go at LS achievements at their own pace, and also do some non-LS stuff without risking sacrificing LS-stuff.

Only exception to the rule should be holiday stuff, which unless there’s a plot going on like Halloween (which seems to be the only one with its own plot) can be mostly the same as previous years.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

1 month or 2 weeks? I would vote for neither.

What we need is 1 expansion.

It’s time we get some real content, real story, and real new flare added to this game.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Living World

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Neither, as I would prefer a 3 month development cycle. My preference would be that they emulate delivering an expansion, but do it over time. This would mean a new main story arc, new territory opening up, expansion of old characters, new characters, etc. I really don’t want events at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

2 weeks is too short as they only have a month time to actually work on it. That means no large expansions from that team. If they did a event every month with couple of weeks overlapping (if the story permits), it would give their design teams more time to actually come up with additions to the game.
So far the only additions to the game has been the Southshore and Fractals. Would love to see larger and more numerous dungeons and more public dungeons (also larger).
Have found two event activated public dungeons so far, and both have been fun. Too bad they are so short.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

2 months, and permanent content.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

You guys should probably check this thread out if you haven’t yet

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development-Topic-Living-World/first

in Living World

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

1 month if that’s the only choice.
2-3 if I can make a wish. That would be enough to roll something well planned, written and not so painfully generic as it is now.

1 month or 2 weeks? I would vote for neither.

What we need is 1 expansion.

It’s time we get some real content, real story, and real new flare added to this game.

+1 for that.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

2 weeks.
I prefer having some new content spread out instead of having it pushed out in a big lump and then being completed within a week and then have to wait for yet another month.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Pheribe.7923

Pheribe.7923

Well, both are good.
Two weeks = normal content | | One month = larger content
That’s how i see it. Or, that’s how it should be …
Permanent content isn’t an option, that means Tyria isn’t going to be so “alive” …

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

One Month. Flame and Frost was IMO the best content we’ve had so far. It progressed well, was relatively well polished, and gave us time to spend our days doing other progression if we wanted. It just felt more realistic.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Alas, Chris Whiteside basically reaffirmed in that Collaborative Development thread that ANet is committed to the 2 week release schedule, so there’s little chance of them going back to a monthly/bimonthly release schedule, barring some major change in affairs. (He did soften his stance a few posts later, saying that if it REALLY falls flat, then of course ANet will re-evaluate things, but for now, they want to continue with the 2 week releases.)