Unique Reward design team. . .

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

To the people who design the armor and other unique rewards that are given out rare drops and meta rewards in LW content, such as the Adventurer’s Mantle, you do great work, but could we get less steampunk stuff? It’s not that I don’t like steampunk, but almost every LW related reward well over half at least, has been steampunky in design. We have the Aventurer’s headgear, the Molten Jetpack, the gas mask, the Spinal Blades, the Zephyr Rucksack, the Monocle, the Injector, etc. Not everything has been steampunk, but an aweful lot of it is, considering that Engineers are only one of eight classes, and not nearly the most popular of them.

Now a lot of this could be explained by them being leftovers from the whole Scarlet storyline, but I’d really like to see some more fantasy/medieval designs, or even some fancy Asura stuff, just gear that would fit on characters that aren’t Engineers.

If you are looking for a new steam punk item to make though, I would LOVE a pair of Adventurer’s goggles that are pushed up on top of the head rather than over the eyes.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I would love to see more necromancer outfits, like in GW1. One of the problems I have with the armor designs in GW2, is that there is very little variation in styles. There are a ton of short skirts, and long coats, and dresses. But not a whole lot of true light armors, bodysuits or cowls. None of the outfits look particularly creepy, and that limits the player in creating a frightful looking character. I also dislike the sheer amount of outfits that show skin. Especially among the female light armors, there’s a bit too many revealing outfits, and not enough practical armors. And yes, enough with the Steam Punk already.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I want more armor that looks like it belongs to that profession. Bones on Necro armor, Fire/Ice/Lightning on the Elementalist armor (changing based on atunement would be cool), more Medieval armor for my Warrior and Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

I’d like to see more Heavy leggings with cloth in them, Like Arah Legs or Draconic legs. Making an Asura warrior/ guard look good without having a small element of cloth in their armor is really hard, and it doesnt feel right to keep rehashing the same skins :C

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I am still hoping for some class specific designes with some throwbacks to the GW1 fashion, just for nostalgia.
I mean we got some engineer stuff that could fit certain classes but these are very few or even worse, are for the wrong armor class. Like the alchemist/engineer outfit for the humans T1 light…

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I would love some Engineer themed weapons.

Due to GW2 theme most weapons are designed around the other classes.

With Engineer being the youngest of the family it doesn’t get many tech themed weapons.

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I don’t think so. More and more gadgets are steampunk themed, which in my opinion, suits Engineers.

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Not sure if you got the note.. but tyria sorta kinda..how to say.. “more advanced” then it was in gw1. Technology rivals magic or even get mixed with it (all the asura thingies). You see tanks, turrets, cannons, freaking airships, all the charr contraptions.. heck even silenced firearms (if you look at the whisper weapons) you yourself are able to use pistols and rifles aswell bombs, grenades, flamethrowers, mortars and other contraptions if you play the engineer, then we got clockwork knights.. and scarlets stuff what even pushed it further, the steam creatures (that are prolly also scarlets work), the dredge technology that even expands to exo suits and sonic technology (that look like they are not powered or based on magic).. i mean it kinda goes without saying that steampunk and technomancy is a mayor part of tyria and tyria wouldnt be where it is right now without the said technology.. heck even the shared language was only possible cause of charr technology printing presses to spread it and charr even got record players (that are used to annoy female devourers to get them away from their nests to gather eggs, look at the devourer pen near the black citadel if you dont belive me) . And im personally glad we get steampunkish things cause these things atleast make it able to make engineers actually look like they know what they do…not like dudes with coats and hobosacks. Though…op is right, there should be more cosmetics for other classes, in fact there should be class based cultural armor sets in general …but then again its MUCH easier to get nice cosmetics fitting for other classes then it is for engineer (cept you are still not tired of the vortex of coats).

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Fire/Ice/Lightning on the Elementalist armor

No, no more fire armor. We have enough burning clothes to last a lifetime.

And to the OP, more variation would be great,but also, how’s the Zephyr Rucksack steampunk themed…?!!

in Living World

Ohoni.6057

There are a ton of short skirts, and long coats, and dresses.

I’d actually like to see more short skirts. The only light skirt I know of is the one your start with, and that one’s a bit too short really. There are others, but they all come with leggings or something going on with the lower legs that limit boot choices. There are also a ton of those “open in the front” skirts like the Masquerade one. They just need some decent, mid-thigh skirts with nothing below the hem line.

Not sure if you got the note.. but tyria sorta kinda..how to say.. “more advanced” then it was in gw1. Technology rivals magic or even get mixed with it (all the asura thingies).

And I don’t have a problem with that, some steampunk content is perfectly fine, I just think that it’s made up the majority of post-release armor drops/rewards, and they need to balance it out a bit more.

And to the OP, more variation would be great,but also, how’s the Zephyr Rucksack steampunk themed…?!!

It’s not super-steampunky, but I really don’t see it fitting on any of my characters but the engi, and he already has a Spinal Blades pack.

done by now.”

in Living World

Basaltface.2786

There are a ton of short skirts, and long coats, and dresses.

I’d actually like to see more short skirts. The only light skirt I know of is the one your start with, and that one’s a bit too short really. There are others, but they all come with leggings or something going on with the lower legs that limit boot choices. There are also a ton of those “open in the front” skirts like the Masquerade one. They just need some decent, mid-thigh skirts with nothing below the hem line.

Not sure if you got the note.. but tyria sorta kinda..how to say.. “more advanced” then it was in gw1. Technology rivals magic or even get mixed with it (all the asura thingies).

And I don’t have a problem with that, some steampunk content is perfectly fine, I just think that it’s made up the majority of post-release armor drops/rewards, and they need to balance it out a bit more.

It’s not super-steampunky, but I really don’t see it fitting on any of my characters but the engi, and he already has a Spinal Blades pack.

ahhh.. thats the game we play here, gotcha. Then i as charr player want to have a fraction of the selection of decent armor pieces you got, the same quality of textures you got for your armors and clothes AND no stretching and bottoms who take the tail in account, no floating shoulders and backpieces (like pretty much EVERYTHING even a quiver that was designed for a charr..uuh.. char) and atleast a few decent looking helmets that are not cultural helmets that dont take my horns and mane away and leave the entire neck naked or are stretched and deformed beyond good and evil. (like scarlets veil that looks perfect on your char if you wear that also non steampunk quest reward). And also look into the asura playerbase..they get exactly the same shaft here only nearly not as bad as charr.

Sorry if i gotta say.. but you kinda act like a spoiled brat who cant be pleased..and dont come with the " i buy gems so i deserve moar" (if you do) cause i do that too and dumped about 900 dollars into the game since i play it (and i dont plan to stop if they keep giving me nice things) and you complain about skirts that arent to your personal preferences… seriosly get real. Really sorry but i had to get that out of my system.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Well they could bring back some of the original Elementalist Armor sets from GW1.

Or even better…

Bring back all the old Elite Armor sets from GW1. If Anet did that those classic GW1 Elite armor sets will sale like hot cakes.

Though I do wish they would release the Commando armor set. :p

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

How are the monocle, adventurer’s headpieces, gas mask, and rucksack steampunk?

Monocles are historically associated with the “upper crust” or wealthy folks. When I think of monocles, I think of Count Von Count and Oswald Cobblepot, actually.

The Adventurer’s headpieces are just plain goggles and a bandana.

The gas mask looks far more sci-fi than steampunk.

And the rucksack is… well, a rucksack. A bunch of bags, a bowl of crystals, and an inexplicable toucan. TBH, it makes me think more of the junk lady in The Labyrinth.

there’s a bit too many revealing outfits, and not enough practical armors.

Sorry, but I find it entirely ridiculous every time someone uses the word “practical” in this context.

Need I remind you of what we tend to be fighting? People with guns, swords, explosives, and magic, giants, monsters, even dragons.

What kind of armour do you really think is going to be practical?

If the Shadow Behemoth slams his claw down on you, it doesn’t matter whether you’re wearing full plate mail or a bikini. You are going to be a pancake.

In fact, the bikini would be the far more practical outfit in that situation, because realistically, the full plate mail would make it a lot harder to dodge, while the bikini would offer nothing in the way of weight or resistance. A robe would be the least practical of all, because it doesn’t even offer the minor protection full plate mail would offer, and would practically make you trip over your own clothing, putting evasion out of the question as well.

Realistically, if your character is wearing light armour (being cloth) against things with swords, guns, explosives, magic, giant claws, and nasty, big, pointy teeth, the most practical armour would be that which won’t get in the way of your movement, because your best defense would be not getting hit at all (barring an exceptional offense). Tripping over an ankle-lenth robe isn’t conducive to swift, agile movements.

If you’re wearing cloth, the only thing putting on more cloth is practically going to help you defend against is a chill.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

OMG…now I must make the Junk Lady from Labyrinth. Love those characters!

Please give us everything needed to do so!

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Sorry, but I find it entirely ridiculous every time someone uses the word “practical” in this context.

Need I remind you of what we tend to be fighting? People with guns, swords, explosives, and magic, giants, monsters, even dragons.

Then I’ll remind you that GW1 had a ton of practical looking armors. It wasn’t filled with outfits that had pieces that defied gravity, or were on fire, or were glowing. Later on we got some of those with Eye of the North (which already showed the decline of armor design towards GW2).

What kind of armour do you really think is going to be practical?

If the Shadow Behemoth slams his claw down on you, it doesn’t matter whether you’re wearing full plate mail or a bikini. You are going to be a pancake.

If I had to venture into that swamp, I would rather be wearing my old GW1 necromancer outfit:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/4/4d/Necromancer_Krytan_armor_f.jpg/306px-Necromancer_Krytan_armor_f.jpg

A full bodysuit, with light armored plates. Really, the old armor designs are quite lovely.

What I can’t stand is all those armors that have bits and pieces that are on fire, or are glowing. It’s so cheesy and cliche. It’s generic fantasy armor. I want them to go back to the excellent cultural armors that have some practical real world use. Just because this is a fantasy world, does not mean you can’t imbue that world with some grounding, and a sense of realism.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Living World

Ohoni.6057

ahhh.. thats the game we play here, gotcha. Then i as charr player want to have a fraction of the selection of decent armor pieces you got, etc.

I don’t know why you’re taking an oppositional tone. I have characters of all races and genders, including a Charr female (my two mains are Asura). I wish that some human female outfits were better translated into Charr female, but I get why they weren’t. They could at least do a better job of allowing horns and ears to just clip out of the sides of helmets though. Still, more skirts would benefit at least three different races, rather than just one.

Anyways, I don’t think we’ll see too much race specific gear in future, all I’m saying is, the gear we do get in future should involve less steampunk/techy type stuff, since we’ve already been given a ton of that, and more traditional fantasy and/or casual type stuff, more standard armor and clothing options, or backpieces and helms that would be more appropriate on non-engis.

Let’s not get into semantics.

done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

@Ohoni why do you think that all those pieces are reserved for engis? I made (in my opinion) some good lookig outfits with the clockwork shoulder piece for my mesmer and for my necromancer I used the spinal blades.

EverythingOP

in Living World

Basaltface.2786

ahhh.. thats the game we play here, gotcha. Then i as charr player want to have a fraction of the selection of decent armor pieces you got, etc.

I don’t know why you’re taking an oppositional tone. I have characters of all races and genders, including a Charr female (my two mains are Asura). I wish that some human female outfits were better translated into Charr female, but I get why they weren’t. They could at least do a better job of allowing horns and ears to just clip out of the sides of helmets though. Still, more skirts would benefit at least three different races, rather than just one.

Anyways, I don’t think we’ll see too much race specific gear in future, all I’m saying is, the gear we do get in future should involve less steampunk/techy type stuff, since we’ve already been given a ton of that, and more traditional fantasy and/or casual type stuff, more standard armor and clothing options, or backpieces and helms that would be more appropriate on non-engis.

Let’s not get into semantics.

How much “non steampunkish” stuff do you want? Wasnt the recent crown pavilion weapon skins and shadow of lyssa anywhere near steampunk? How about the zephite rewards that you could PICK from a good selection starting from dragon horns to an organic tentacle backpiece. If you compare the ration between steampunkish and non steampunkish quest rewards\recently added stuff\stuff in general its like 20\80 if even that. There are 4 clearly steampunkish armors in the game, the magitech medium armor and aetherblade light-medium-heavy and all are gem store items that if people want to have em either grind a fortune of gold to convert into gems or buy em via real life money. There are 5 clearly steampunkish\magitech backpieces in the game beeing the slickpack, the injector, the spinal blades (in all its forms i count that as one since you make it from one “base”), the molten jetpack and the starter backpack for engineers… if you really wanna stretch the last two as steampunk. As for weapons there are the charr cultural kitten and t3 you can easily get, the whisper weapons and here and there some rifle that got a tone of steampunk to it AND then we got the aetherblade skins who cost a fortune of tickets atm. Also 4 different monocle type helmets for medium armor (if you count the starter monocle for engineer). Then the asura cultural weapon sets and armors, i wont mention the charr ones cause they are nothing even close to steampunk. Dungeon armors.. you got the blacksmith set from the embrace of sorrow and if you wanna stretch it you got the inquest armors from the crucible. Now tell me how many “non steampunkish-magitech-technological” weapons, armor skins and backpieces are in the game-where recently added. Flamekissed armor, zodiac armors, toxic gloves\shoulders, the 3 recently added armor sets and these gloves, boots and horned helm (forgot the names of these sets), even a kittening ninja outfit, phoenix weapons, tormented weapons, dragon jade weapons, heck even the boss rewards from the 3 wurm boss are magical looking and the rifle is a living worm thingy aswell, the sunless skins, the legendaries (predator really goes more towards magic in my eyes) and and and.. needless to say if you want a non steampunkish thing going on for your char you got it a HELL of a lot easier and pay less(or more..if you go for certain things but then again.. look at the price of a molten jetpack). And i take that tone cause you complain about the few nice things people get that WANT that steampunkish feel for their chars and embrace the advance of tyria while they struggle to get em while anything else is pretty much there in masses. And why should only one gender of 3 races benefit? Just because?

in Living World

Ohoni.6057

@Ohoni why do you think that all those pieces are reserved for engis? I made (in my opinion) some good lookig outfits with the clockwork shoulder piece for my mesmer and for my necromancer I used the spinal blades.

If you want to look like a steampunk Necro or Mesmer, that’s fine, but mine don’t really have a place for gears.

How much “non steampunkish” stuff do you want? Wasnt the recent crown pavilion weapon skins and shadow of lyssa anywhere near steampunk? How about the zephite rewards that you could PICK from a good selection starting from dragon horns to an organic tentacle backpiece.

You are aware that most of that stuff is leftovers from releases over a year ago, right?

As for weapons there are the charr cultural kitten and t3 you can easily get, the whisper weapons and here and there some rifle that got a tone of steampunk to it AND then we got the aetherblade skins who cost a fortune of tickets atm. Also 4 different monocle type helmets for medium armor (if you count the starter monocle for engineer). Then the asura cultural weapon sets and armors, i wont mention the charr ones cause they are nothing even close to steampunk. Dungeon armors.. you got the etc. . .

I’m specifically talking about the NEW stuff added, the stuff that acts as meta achievement rewards or unique rare loot related to new releases, as noted in the OP.

And i take that tone cause you complain about the few nice things people get that WANT that steampunkish feel for their chars and embrace the advance of tyria while they struggle to get em while anything else is pretty much there in masses.

I’m not arguing that you shouldn’t have the things you want. I’m just arguing in favor of what I want. You argue in favor of what you want. Let the devs sort it out.

And why should only one gender of 3 races benefit? Just because?

Any clothing item added to the game is going to be limited in reach. There would be one female version available to humans, norns, and sylvari, and one male version available to everyone else. That’s not my fault, so I don’t see why you’re being snippy with me about it.

done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought the newly added pieces were more ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’, than Steampunk.

But, that’s just me. /shrug

in Living World

Ohoni.6057

I thought the newly added pieces were more ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’, than Steampunk.

But, that’s just me. /shrug

If it were a class-neutral fedora with a colorable hair fringe I would be all in.

done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Fire/Ice/Lightning on the Elementalist armor

No, no more fire armor. We have enough burning clothes to last a lifetime.

I think he was just listing most of the rewards, not specifically the steam punk stuff (he did say in brackets not all of it was steampunk).

I’m wondering where the unique rewards for Living Story went. We are doing all these story instances and achievements but no weapon or armour skins are being awarded. Just junk RNG chains.