What was the worst Lion's Arch endured?

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Personally, I find it a bit insulting that somethign as minor as Scarlet can succeed in destroying Lion’s Arch when other dangers couldn’t. So I was wondering: what did you think was the most dangerous thing that ever happened to Lion’s Arch?

Personally, I think either the Mursaat or the undead. At least they felt actually dangerous without pulling unbelievable things out of thin air.

Well, technically the Mursaat did but not in an unrealistic way.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The rise of Zhaitan, because that’s the only time the city was actually completely destroyed. That’s why Lions Arch is now a scrapheap of shipwrecks and the real Lions Arch lies at the bottom of the bay.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The Karka scratched the lighthouse did it not?

in Living World

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Personally, I find it a bit insulting that somethign as minor as Scarlet can succeed in destroying Lion’s Arch when other dangers couldn’t. So I was wondering: what did you think was the most dangerous thing that ever happened to Lion’s Arch?

Personally, I think either the Mursaat or the undead. At least they felt actually dangerous without pulling unbelievable things out of thin air.

If you think Scarlet alone is the reason behind the demise of LA, then you are mistaken.

Confirmed through spoiler reveals last week.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’d say the Battle for Lion’s Arch ranks pretty high on the list of worst things LA has endured. Heroes fought against an immense army of White Mantle and Mursaat forces.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

Being run by pirates, sucking trade out of tyria and exposing the people that scratch out a living there to whatever strong arm or coersive that comes along to take advantage. This attack breaks the corrupt city state’s stranglehold on commerce for the betterment of the rest of Tyria. So really the prior to attack position of extreme poverty, wealth and lack of civic responsibility was the worse the city endured, the attack is merely part of the inevitable result of the causes, zhaitans and karka attack were clear warning of LA inadequacies and reliance on faction assistance.

in Living World

ThiBash.5634

If you think Scarlet alone is the reason behind the demise of LA, then you are mistaken.

Yeah, I know, the ‘thing invading her mind’. Still not impressed. The GW1 charr were actually a powerful foe. Scarlame is an insult.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The idiots who akitten in front of the bank

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

‘thing invading her mind’.

Nope.

Added emphasis to Vol’s post.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Living World

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

What was the worst Lion’s Arch endured?

kiel

(edited by zaced.7948)

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Mad King Thorn’s jokes every Halloween.

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Wait. Spoiler reveals? Is there a link to the reveal? Or could you please tell me in a PM, what was revealed?

in Living World

ThiBash.5634

It’s probably another exclusive interview on some obscure site that Anet couldn’t be bothered to link to from their own website.

To be fair, I really doubt that there’s anything left that can make Scarlet interesting or believable anymore. The ‘being controlled against their will’ bit is getting old too.

in Living World

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

GW1’s Battle of Lion’s Arch, while EPIC (pre-nerf, as I mentioned in another post), didn’t bring the level of destruction we see here. The White Mantle, Mursaat, and Jade wanted to burn the city to the ground, but we, the players and the NPC’s, knew beforehand that their army was coming. In this update, very few NPC’s were convinced LA was going to be attacked and no defenses were prepared.

This is, imho, the worst thing that has hit LA since the flood.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

LA will rise again.

I mean, could you really see Mad King Thorn telling his jokes in Vigil’s Keep? It just wouldn’t be the same.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad King Thorn’s jokes every Halloween.

I’ve changed my mind, THIS is the worst Lion’s Arch has ever endured.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s probably another exclusive interview on some obscure site that Anet couldn’t be bothered to link to from their own website.

To be fair, I really doubt that there’s anything left that can make Scarlet interesting or believable anymore. The ‘being controlled against their will’ bit is getting old too.

This. I don’t get why crucial details about upcoming content often appears on other websites completely off the radar and you have to find out like this. Any got a link to this ‘spoiler reveal’?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors