no more living story plz

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

should be nice have something like 20 days of events in living story every 2 months, so we will have time to enjoiy the other parts of the game, cause onestly atm i’m doing just spvp daily and living event, no more dungeon and wvw… i really apreciate this events, and its like a black pearl have a living world so beauty and full of events, but dont let us so busy with it

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

It’s also destroying the economy, day by day.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

It’s almost like you can’t take a step in a direction without tripping over another ‘living story’ event.

I gladly accept SAB though. Love that kitten. Wish it was permanent though..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

Agreed with everyone here.I have had enough of the living story.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Kaphei.7096

Kaphei.7096

Please keep the Living Story updates coming.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I like the living story. Makes the game worth playing. Only issue is it ignores the other content. Ever since the Queens Jubilee, I have yet to do a dungeon outside of AC because I needed it to complete Sunrise. Now, if there is an invasion I don’t need, it’s impossible to find a group because everyone is doing the Living World stuff. I think the two weeks is a bit short to continuously have Living Story. I’d like the updates that matter (like the ascended weapons) to be released, but we don’t always need another reason to ignore the game to go play limited content.

The MAIN problem I have with Living Story though is it completely is off track for the actual lore of the game. When Flame and Frost came out, I thought that might be hints towards Jormag and Primordus. Nope. I was told this game was about fighting Dragons, but I haven’t seen a single dragon since Champions started dropping better loot than world bosses.

I’d like the story to stop being some random BS and be more about the actual true lore of the game. It just feels like we’re ages away from getting new content as far as zones, dragons, and professions/races.

And for the love of God, whoever invented the Stupid Adventure Box… what were you smoking? This thing is terribly immature and shows that the Asurans really don’t belong in a game about fighting Dragons and zombies. Spend 5 minutes in Cursed Shore and then go do SAB and you’ll be like “Wtf?”

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

I for one like them, but I would like them to go back to the every three weeks update (I need some time to upgrade my crafting so I can actually get the new legendary and ascended weapons)

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I don’t like living story because everyone is playing it. Anet, please make something that people won’t participate in. Too many people are playing the invasions, please make it stop. I want GW2 to be the cool little game that no one knows about so I can be hip.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Oh i’m sorry you’re tired of the LS, here all the rest of us will step aside and stop enjoying the content so you can take a break. My god the amount of threads today about people saying they want the game to cater to how they feel is unreal. If you need a break, GO TAKE A BREAK! The game, the community, the gold, the LS’s, the achievements will all be here when you get back.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Kunst.8167

Kunst.8167

I love the Living Story. There just has to be a huge change in achievements. Don’t let them be just farming, like Slayer or any other categories. Make them like Queen’s Gauntlet. But everywhere (Dungeons… just like the Boss category).

Then people wouldn’t mind about skipping some LS and could play anything else without worrying about achievement points. I personally don’t mind about killing Liadri, as I have 11/11 achievements in the QG category.

(edited by Kunst.8167)

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

I love it when people who have their own “complaint posts” in their post history criticize other people for complaining about the game. It’s sort of like: “When I complain, it’s perfectly justified, but when you do it, you’re ruining my fun and wanting the game to cater to how you feel”.

Bottom line is that everyone who bought this game is entitled to give their feedback. Anyone who is tired of reading other people’s feedback should take a break from the forums. Go outside. See the sun. That kind of thing.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I love it when people who have their own “complaint posts” in their post history criticize other people for complaining about the game. It’s sort of like: “When I complain, it’s perfectly justified, but when you do it, you’re ruining my fun and wanting the game to cater to how you feel”.

Bottom line is that everyone who bought this game is entitled to give their feedback. Anyone who is tired of reading other people’s feedback should take a break from the forums. Go outside. See the sun. That kind of thing.

Opinions are like posteriors. Everyone has one, everyone thinks those of other people stink.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Like many other responders so far, I am really enjoying the living story.

Stay the course, Anet.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

The only complaints i’m reading is “i don’t have time to do anything else but the living story” or “i HAVE to finish all the achievements” or “I HAVE to farm this event while it’s here” or “i’m burnt out on the living story” stuff like that. No one is forcing anything on these players. You don’t have to do any of the content. You could carry on and play the game just like normal. Sure everyone is entitled to their feedback but when their feedback is crying for a change or removal of something that would affect thousands of other players who are enjoying the content, that’s where I have an issue with it. Hell I wasn’t big into the Queen’s gauntlet so you know what I did? I played on other maps, wvw’d, did some dungeons, etc. I didn’t cry for it to be changed, etc.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I agree with this sentiment. When I first heard about the Living Story I was excited, and Flame and Frost as a whole was a pretty good content update, it just took a while to get out there. However, after experiencing the latest content I think it’d be better if you took your time with releases as the quality is going down hill. Most events added with these releases are uninspiring, do not affect the world, and seem meant largely to please farmers. I think when adding any major event to the world you should look to your manifesto and think:

- How can we explain the lore behind this event in the zone before the event starts?
- What states should the zone be in before the event occurs?
- How should the event affect the zone after it starts?
- How should the zone change after the event succeeds/fails?

Scarlet’s Invasion seems so disconnected from the world, and the zones operate as if she isn’t there. I realize making an event of this magnitude connect to just one zone takes a lot of work, which is why I think you should reconsider the two-week schedule. Take your time and deliver the quality content other MMOs do in longer periods of time, like new zones with new dynamic events, new dungeons, and new storylines.

Or focus on old zones… Invasions would be a perfect vehicle for the dragon champion world bosses. The dragon champions could start with an invasion event, then be summoned/vulnerable after it’s minions are defeated. If we fail the first invasion, it’s control over the zone widens, if we succeed we eventually push back to the dragon champion. If we fail the dragon, the invasion pushes out again. Repeat until the dragon champion is defeated.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

For those who say “if you think it’s a bad idea, don’t play it,” the real issue is the opportunity cost. If Anet weren’t doing the Living Story, they could be using those devs to do other stuff: fix dungeons, new dungeons, new skills, bug fixes, etc.

In my opinion, the Living Story is a great idea on paper, but its execution has been extremely poor.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I like the idea of the living story and that it reuses older areas that would otherwise be completely barren and obsolete. There are too many games that just “build new areas” and leave the old ones to rot to the point that they should just be removed.

The living story allows for a chance for players to have a reason to revisit areas that they may have “out leveled” or otherwise have no incentive to return to play. The living story provides this incentive, although I must agree that it could be implemented much better.

I loved the Flame and Frost living story; however, these past few arcs just have not been all that appealing to me personally.

… Although, the invasion type event is interesting, it’s rather lame that no matter what the players do, the outcome will be the same at the end of the arc; nothing really changes, and many payers don’t even see it as anything more than a potential farm fest for gold.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

As I put elsewhere …

The Living World for me, is discover World!

Let me out!
Let me discover dragons!
Let me discover new ruins of the past!
Let me jumping in the mountains!
Let me track champions Mordremoth, Jormag, Deep Sea, Krakatorix, Primordus!
Let me discover great maps!
Let me discover new Orr, following purification Traherne!
Let me go to the North Divine Promontory !
Let me go to the Tarnished Coast!
Let me go Discover Crystal Desert!
Let me dream!
Give me the news: tattoos, hairstyles, earrings, Enhanced design Asura and Sylvari!
Let me live stories complete!

And in our current maps, add puzzle, add dungeon Fixed, add Armor, do we go further in the Lore!
And players will expect : guild halls, the housing …

I know it is not in the conversation.
Next to the plate …
But I do not think we should remove living World, but provide novelty, and to investigate following the tyrie: Dragons.

For me, it is Essenciel is the result of combination of different races!
Voila.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I love the content of the living stories.

I hate the bugs, the deadlines, and the temporary nature of it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t object to the Living Story as a whole; I’m all for ANet continuing to update and grow their world. What I do generally object to is temporary content and the rapid-fire pace of updates. It feels a bit like we’re being shuttled from one story to the next with no real opportunity for a break in between. It’s a bit like being on a constant adrenaline high; it’s exciting for a while, but if that becomes the norm, then it just becomes exhausting. Festivals like Halloween and Wintersday were exciting BECAUSE the open world was relatively quiet and static in between.

Now there’s tons of new content to do every month, so the feeling that “something big is coming” has lost its novelty. At the same time, there’s a feeling that you HAVE to take part if you don’t want to miss out, since the Living Story (so far) has been largely temporary. (I will give credit to ANet here and acknowledge that they’ve taken note of this feeling and are making more of the content return on a regular basis.)

So yes, I would like the Living Story pace to be slowed down a little. Updates can occur every 3 or 4 weeks, and they stay around for a month to give players plenty of time to complete temporary achievements, with 75% of content being permanent additions to the world.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I have to agree with the sentiment here, not that living story has to be completely stopped. But it has gone downhill alot… it used to be something that complements content, now it is the content.

It has turned the game into a mad dash to complete it in time, a nightmare for people that don’t have many hours to play every day and afford to roll the effective character needed to complete the very specific living story achievements.

Not that achievements are to hard or that kittenes should not be in the game because they should. I just think its ridiculous that something challenging and needs very specific class, gear, and build to be effective is limited content… pretty much a kick in the throat for people that just play one class, don’t have the gold, and don’t have the time to level needed classes within a 2-4 week window. Simply make these things permanent, you need more permanent content anyway because we haven’t gotten anything but 1 map and 5 mini dungeons.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: squirrelzilla.5809

squirrelzilla.5809

Like many other responders so far, I am really enjoying the living story.

Stay the course, Anet.

+1

I love the Living Story. The frequent updates keep me coming back for more. No complaints here.

Luna Wildbark [FOOL] on Crystal Desert

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Kalastraer.8264

Kalastraer.8264

I had enough of living story. Glad to see others still enjoying it. But honestly, i had enough.. Pls hv a break from lving story and hv ur teams tht work for diff living stories merge and work on one super huge permenant content for expansion!! :p
Also some serious attention to making s/tpvp component more fun and attractive pls!

K so i ‘read’ one sentence and was confused as kitten, please, when you’re going to post on a forum and complain, at least use good grammar and spelling. I love living story, They should add MORE into WvW. Maybe one day dragons will take over the middle castle in EB and we have to fight him to get it back while fighting the others as well.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

SAB is the break for many, even some of us who like it, since it changes the pace… but definitely those that don’t like it (since they can simply ignore it).

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I don’t like living story because everyone is playing it. Anet, please make something that people won’t participate in. Too many people are playing the invasions, please make it stop. I want GW2 to be the cool little game that no one knows about so I can be hip.

This post adds nothing to the discussion, is belittling and trolling. I find it very interesting that posts written in this tone that are anti ArenaNet get removed and reminded that we’re supposed to be respectful to each other, but these ‘white knight’ posts remain.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: EpicHenchman.6594

EpicHenchman.6594

The living story doesn’t need to stop, but rather to slow down. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the living story. Every release has brought me back and kept me interested in the game. But at the moment it just feels like “content” is being pushed for the sake of it. Flame and Frost, although slow at the beginning, felt like it was actually part of a story. It reminded me of TV as I was always interested at what would happen next. The past few haven’t really felt like that and instead i feel burnt out on it. I understand the change from a monthly schedule to “out as soon as its finished”. But nothings to say that they can’t make each release bigger and more complete than they are now. The Jubilee and Clockwork Chaos could have been combined into a single event, as they are already closely linked.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: CZaR.8935

CZaR.8935

dude play tera or wow, but the living stories are exactly what make gw2 gw2, if you take that away all we got left is wvw, and ive heard that they already got that in some other mmos, what are you gonna do farm arah every night for 2 months, one of the main reasons i like gw2 so much is that ican finally do something other than only PVP and DJs.. and even better: every 2 weeks theres something NEW to do, i dont have to wait for the next extension that’s gonna cost 50 bucks, where the only new things are lame old races, or a donjon or 2… plus theres new stuff every 2 weeks and there is no subscription at all… i say this thinkin about the ones that pay 15bucks a month and one day they learn that in the next extension they’re gonna get to play a panda! YAY!

seriously one day im gonna log on the forum and find a guy who created a topic saying, i dont want to farm for my legendary, a net would you just give me my legendary, thank you a net for making your game is so bad that you actually have to play to win something.. (this is not a comparision with talindra at all)

but seriously man dont take away living stories, thats like taking away the secret tunnels in mario cause your having a hard time finding them

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I agree. No LS pls, it is such a weak disguise for carrot/stick.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Kargath.3489

Kargath.3489

I actually stopped playing in part due to the Living Story. I was doing normal stuff and started to miss out, then didn’t know where the next part of the Living Story was and just gave up after a while. And then there’s the extreme tedium of a few of them when you try solo and no one else is doing them anymore. I don’t want to spend an hour and a half with a lowbie raised to 80 in horrible (comparatively) gear because the waves of pointless enemies keep coming. I want to see story. Living Story, c’mon.

no more living story plz

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Keep the living story. Loose the Dungeons, Fractals and PvP, PLEASE!