Attachments:

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Scarlet's Secret Lair *Major Spoilers*

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I think the more important takeaway is that all the complaining on the forums caused anet to scrap its plans to implement several of Scarlet’s alliances, like the Screttin Alliance, the Flipperhoof Alliance, the Wished-For-New-Player-Race Alliance, the Cult of Frozen Cargo Alliance, and many more. Stick to your guns, forumgoers. You really can make a difference.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

LA, the Priory, the Vigil, and the Order of Whispers. Down with the Pact!

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

Poor lion statue. Barely knew thee.

Venkas
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Ferdoc.6429

Ferdoc.6429

There are also black dots without circles (the ones with circles are the Do Not Touch items). Those are related to either bandit or pirate gathering locations.

Posted by: Vanadis.6284

Vanadis.6284

No pictures of whats on the ceiling?! =p

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

omg, perilisk, I’m laughing so hard I’m crying.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Oh, and Evon Gnashblade said at the beginning of Wintersday that LA was Scarlet’s next big target.

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Ok about the 4 big red x’s on the map, is it me or do 3 of them seem to be on the headquarters of the 3 Orders? Priory, Vigil, and Whispers.
Also yea, look on the ceiling, and….that’s all I have to say. The people who been guessing for so long were right.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Hey! HEY! Look at the fourth image. Look at it again. Look at it carefully.

Yes… it’s true…

FLYING DOLYAK MOUNTS confirmed!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

The Xes doesn’t have to be targets. They could be her secret bases she may have to gather information.
She has one right under the Durmand Priory which is obviously because it’s close to an immense source of knowledge. The same could apply for the other orders.
Lion’s Arch is the city that has the most knowledge about dragons and about killing them, so she would want to have knowledge of that as well.

The drill, wouldn’t make sense to drive that into either of the orders or Lion’s arch.
She’s after the dragons, not us.

The marionette is a weapons test and she probably tipped the Priory of it herself in order to draw people there to test the power of her weapon. After all she asks us -not- to die or give up as opposed to before when she has been all like “die die die, die die die”.

Fairly sure she’s building an anti-dragon kitten nal.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Poor lion statue. Barely knew thee.

Hardly knew ya…
( fixed it for you. :P )

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

The Xes doesn’t have to be targets. They could be her secret bases she may have to gather information.
She has one right under the Durmand Priory which is obviously because it’s close to an immense source of knowledge. The same could apply for the other orders.
Lion’s Arch is the city that has the most knowledge about dragons and about killing them, so she would want to have knowledge of that as well.

The drill, wouldn’t make sense to drive that into either of the orders or Lion’s arch.

The marionette is a weapons test and she probably tipped the Priory of it herself in order to draw people there to test the power of her weapon. After all she asks us -not- to die or give up as opposed to before when she has been all like “die die die, die die die”.

The marionette is actually an energy gathering device, the giant flying ion cannon is the actual weapon. The thumpers are scanners so she can map the magic leylines more accurately and determine the location of a certain dragon that’s sleeping underneath shiverpeaks in a certain central transfer chamber.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I think the more important takeaway is that all the complaining on the forums caused anet to scrap its plans to implement several of Scarlet’s alliances, like the Screttin Alliance, the Flipperhoof Alliance, the Wished-For-New-Player-Race Alliance, the Cult of Frozen Cargo Alliance, and many more. Stick to your guns, forumgoers. You really can make a difference.

This, so much this I can’t even say any more.
I won’t get my Hoof Hop alliance but at least ANet responded tongue in cheek to our thoughts on all these alliances.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Mikuchan.7261

The marionette is actually an energy gathering device, the giant flying ion cannon is the actual weapon. The thumpers are scanners so she can map the magic leylines more accurately and determine the location of a certain dragon that’s sleeping underneath shiverpeaks in a certain central transfer chamber.

I’m talking about the encounter, not the individual pieces of it.
It’s to test her weapons to see if they are on par with what she’s going to do with them later.
If she was interested in destroying Lion’s Arch or the orders, she would do the weapons tests on the city or the order facilities.

(edited by Mikuchan.7261)

Posted by: RolandMode.2749

RolandMode.2749

Anyone noticed the huge stylized dragon painted on the ceiling with red dye or blood ?
Enhanced it to make it more visible :

Attachments:

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I simply can’t find those lockbox code fragments. Even after opening all other chests, I only have 20. Seems like they never drop from the event and I’ve done plenty. How did you get your 25 / any tips?

Mikuchan.7261

The scarlet codes drop from all mobs on the Marionette, but more rarely.

Atlas.9704

So she was first presented as a Joker from Batman when in reality she’s a John Trent from In the Mouth of Madness.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Were is this lair ? :-)

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Posted by: tempalier.9573

tempalier.9573

can also still be the jungle dragon and the wurm is it lieutenan(like jormag, shatter and sunless) we just don’t have the info for it. But would like it to be primordius.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Just made this screen. That thingy is on the desk , on your second screen shot. I find out behind a tent in Southsun, at the Cannach’s folly poi.
So whats up with Scarlet and the karka? Isn’t Cannach screw up the animals there?

Attachments:

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

So she was first presented as a Joker from Batman when in reality she’s a John Trent from In the Mouth of Madness.

I would just like to say that In the Mouth Of Madness is one of the great movies ever.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Atlas.9704

I would just like to say that In the Mouth Of Madness is one of the great movies ever.

If ANet really wants to go down this route you know what must be done.
Whatever is eating her mind must be voiced by Jeffery Combs, the Reanimator.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Hey! HEY! Look at the fourth image. Look at it again. Look at it carefully.

Yes… it’s true…

FLYING DOLYAK MOUNTS confirmed!

Well it would speed up supplies in keeps a bit

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

Anyone noticed the huge stylized dragon painted on the ceiling with red dye or blood ?
Enhanced it to make it more visible :

Sorry I knew I forgot some pictures. Based off THIS we know we can guess that she will attack all the orders with these drills. The weapons test wasn’t for the puppet, but for the ufo/drills themselves. dun dun dun

Attachments:

Venkas
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The question is what is she going to drill? Is there some huge pressure point underneath the surface she wants to puncture? Is this a planet-wide acupuncture schematic?

Atlas.9704

So she’s trying to harness the four elements and get a drill.
Is she calling Captain Planet soon?

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

The drill just points more towards Primordus than ever, IMHO.

I loved the secret base. I enjoyed putting together her journal and decoding the console. Great work, Anet!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Nasedo.5349

Nasedo.5349

I tried to put the dragon together in one image:
I think this could be Primordus.
Looks really fiery like a mixture of a dragon and a pheonix.

Attachments:

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

I don’t know guys… looks more like Tequatl to me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/c/c2/Tequatl_the_Sunless_render.jpg

We still haven’t gotten an explanation as to WHY it got stronger after Zhaitan’s death.

Posted by: Kriknav.9268

Kriknav.9268

I think we all know that 3 of those 4 X’s on Scarlet’s map point to the Order HQs, and the 4th points to LA, but I think there may be a significance to the particular location IN Lion’s Arch. Since it was time-gated content and I work a full-time job I wasn’t able to participate, but I think that X in LA line’s up with the new thumper device in the water, which I think coincides with the source of the Karka attack on LA. Correct me if I’m wrong.

What I find interesting is that we’ve all been brought up to speed with Scarlet’s efforts with the Alliances all the way back to Flame and Frost, but there’s yet to be a tie-in to the Karka storyline, which I think is related. It’s interesting that there may be a hint here that the tie-in is real.

Theories seem to point to Scarlet preparing to fight or unleash the Dragons. I seem to agree with this. She’s seen this world the way most of the rest of us never will, through the Pale Tree’s Dream, which was a turning point for her. Her alliances and devices have been big and grand, dragon-size, even. And her messing with the magic leylines seem to indicate interaction with the dragons on some scale. What if the Karka are minions of the unnamed Water dragon (AKA Bubbles)?

TL;DR I think the X on Scarlet’s map in LA is tied to Karka and the Karka are possibly tied to the Water Elder Dragon.

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

What I find interesting is that we’ve all been brought up to speed with Scarlet’s efforts with the Alliances all the way back to Flame and Frost, but there’s yet to be a tie-in to the Karka storyline, which I think is related. It’s interesting that there may be a hint here that the tie-in is real.

Theories seem to point to Scarlet preparing to fight or unleash the Dragons. I seem to agree with this. She’s seen this world the way most of the rest of us never will, through the Pale Tree’s Dream, which was a turning point for her. Her alliances and devices have been big and grand, dragon-size, even. And her messing with the magic leylines seem to indicate interaction with the dragons on some scale. What if the Karka are minions of the unnamed Water dragon (AKA Bubbles)?

TL;DR I think the X on Scarlet’s map in LA is tied to Karka and the Karka are possibly tied to the Water Elder Dragon.

Personally I think the only thing that Scarlet could have been interested in at Southsun, is the toxins that Canach made to drive the local Karka and Reef Riders into a bind rage and attack the Consortium settlements. We’ve seen that Scarlet was interested in the Hallucination Toxins from the Tower of Nightmares. So it makes sense that she would have been interested in a different kind of toxin. Heck we might find out that she and the toxic alliance used Canach’s wildlife toxin in part to make, or inspiration to make, the Toxic alliance Hallucination Toxins. (used 1 toxin to make another)

Also, we know that the Karka are not minions of the Deep Sea Dragon. It was the Sea Dragon that the Karka were fleeing from, and eventually settled on Southsun Cove.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karka

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Delvoire.8930

Personally I think the only thing that Scarlet could have been interested in at Southsun, is the toxins that Canach made to drive the local Karka and Reef Riders into a bind rage and attack the Consortium settlements. We’ve seen that Scarlet was interested in the Hallucination Toxins from the Tower of Nightmares. So it makes sense that she would have been interested in a different kind of toxin. Heck we might find out that she and the toxic alliance used Canach’s wildlife toxin in part to make, or inspiration to make, the Toxic alliance Hallucination Toxins. (used 1 toxin to make another)

Also, we know that the Karka are not minions of the Deep Sea Dragon. It was the Sea Dragon that the Karka were fleeing from, and eventually settled on Southsun Cove.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karka

Someone point out earlier in the thread that the table has a plant on it that is similar to the ones found on Southsun Cove. These were the plants that had the toxin that Canach used if I’m not mistaken. The plants are still there even.

Mikuchan.7261

The dragon in the ceiling is red.
She had alot of colors to draw with, but she did it with red.
Now what dragon is associated with the color red?
Primordus
;D

Delvoire.8930

Primordus
;D

Red is also a 3 letter word. 3 letters?

Half – Life 3 confirmed.

(Yay! I do get it now!)

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Primordus
;D

Thought it is also logical that she used red because she likes the color, and her chosen name IS Scarlet.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Kriknav.9268

Kriknav.9268

I’d be really surprised if there’s only one dragon involved in Scarlet’s plan. On her map we see four arrows all converging on 4 X’s near the center of Tyria, and we know she’s had her hand in magic and chaos energy laylines. And a quick review of Elder Dragon’s on the Wiki reminded me of:

Though all share the common goal of consuming all life, each of the Elder Dragons have their own unique motivation and ways to act, ranging from what they and their minions do to how they corrupt their surroundings and those who seek their power. Similarly, Elder Dragons appear to be hostile to each other, as their minions will fight another dragon’s minions just as they would fight any living creature.

Maybe she’s trying to draw in some or all of the Elder Dragons to LA’s and the surrounding area to try and get them to battle each other, and use her newfound technology to mop up the remainder from the battle? This would find the theory that some have had about Scarlet trying to do “good, but in a bad way”, since no one in their right might would trade LA for a Dragon Battleground. Maybe her time in The Dream revealed that only an Elder Dragon is the only thing that can defeat an Elder Dragon. I mean we saw Zaitan fall, but do we actually know he died? I tend to lean toward no, esp. with the strengthening of Tequatl.

Anyways, just another hair-brain thought/theory. Take it or leave it. Definitely, looking forward to the next three LS episodes and beyond.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Primordus
;D

Two reasons I think its Mordemoth over Primordus.

1. Once she left the Eternal Alchemy she was obvious changed from her meeting with the pale tree (who I still think was Mordemoth) she killed Omadd with red vines sprouting from her body. A new jungle type ability gained from Mordemoth.
2. Now a new threat are these Jungle Wurms in the bloodtide coast.
3. Drawing of a dragon in her study, which makes it clear that it was a dragon that changed her and not something else. Combine that with points 1 & 2 = Mordemoth.
4. The toxic spores created with the help of the nightmare court & Krait

The few things that go against this theory is:

1. Her love for the mechanical which is certainly NOT Mordemoth like.
2.The alliance with the dredge and Flame legion. A jungle dragon would certainly not like this combination.
3. Her focus on attacking humans and particularly Queen Jennah. Why not the other races? this doesn’t make sense. And now she is after Lions Arch, again an old human settlement.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The question is what is she going to drill? Is there some huge pressure point underneath the surface she wants to puncture? Is this a planet-wide acupuncture schematic?

Underneath (or very near) LA is a gate to the CTT – home of the former Great Destroyer and supposedly where Primordus is also sleeping (-GW EotN).

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Remember that Scarlet already attacked Lion’s Arch in form of assasinating Theo Ashford.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

We’re having a good time reading the speculation on this. /innocent

Posted by: Astro Syd.8570

Astro Syd.8570

What I find the most interesting is the sixth image… there are shown many different combinations between races of Tyria, but only 3 of them have “clear” lines.

Out of these 3 combinations, we already saw 2… so it is reasonable to think that the last one is coming soon.

Freya Skuldottir
Gaiscioch na Rall [GSCH]
Sanctum Of Rall

(edited by Astro Syd.8570)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Can I still use my expression “I don’t care a flying Dolyak” after that diagram?

By the way, that cave painting does not look like the Primordus we saw in Eye of the Norh. So could it be: Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Mordremoth or Bubbles?

Also, it looks like that giant drill is an extension of Scarlet’s UFO/gyrocopter.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The entire point of the Tower of Nightmares was to get Marjorie (or some other hero like her) to cook up something that would kill Mordremoth.

See how she salvaged the injector?

She’s not mapping ley lines. She’s mapping Mordremoth’s roots.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

What I find the most interesting is the sixth image… there are shown many different combinations between races of Tyria, but only 3 of them have “clear” lines.

Out of these 3 combinations, we already saw 2… so it is reasonable to think that the last one is coming soon.

You forget the Air pirates. I think it was a combination of asura tech with the pirates that made the ships viable.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I don’t know guys… looks more like Tequatl to me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/c/c2/Tequatl_the_Sunless_render.jpg

We still haven’t gotten an explanation as to WHY it got stronger after Zhaitan’s death.

Can’t be Tequatl because Rox talks about killing him when you talk to the folks when finding out about the lair.

From those conversations air, fire, water, earth combinations came up in each of the enemies that Scarlet has been associated with. Possibly a new dragon from all this tech?

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Loving the combination on the chart for an alliance between Centaur and Quaggan.

The Aquatic Equestrian Alliance maybe?

Shame that never worked out.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

idk whats going on but her Lair and the journal and TV thing is pretty cool.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

“Please: go no further. In seeking to comprehend the forces that shape us, you will unleash them. Society cannot withstand that.”

“But I reject that call. I reject the notion that that I must choose the Dream or be lost to Nightmare. The forces that push us this way or that can be redirected. They can be set against one another to the detriment of both, and now I know how.”

“Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Story:_What_Scarlet_Saw

Clearly Scarlet is trying to build an army of mechanical beings in hopes to control what she is about to unleash. Her plan is to direct it elsewhere and let whatever happens happen, while using her mechanical army to seize the aftermath for her own.

So she’s made an alliance to steal enhanced forging from (Molten) and another to steal a mechanical technology to be enhanced (Aetherblades/Clockwork). She took an interest potions to control wildlife (Southsun) and to control Tyria’s population (Toxic). Now she’s tracking the flow of energy (probes) to learn the path she must direct this “unleashed force” and to better control it. All the while taking pop shots at “empires”.

It seems to me she wants to direct this “force” (Mordemoth?) at another target, possibly Primordus via Lion’s Arch (or just using it to topple all the empires at once). She is “mad” after all.