Scarlet's Secret Lair *Major Spoilers*

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: mortrialus.3062

mortrialus.3062

No they are not. Which this example illustrates. If Sylvari die, instead of being corrupted, then they can’t be dragon minions.

Exactly like what we see with dragon minions when attacked by other Elder Dragons / minions.

No Glint confirms it spectacularly. Glint had to be given back her free will through a ritual by the Forgotten.

We have absolutely no idea what exactly the ritual itself entailed. It also didn’t remove the corruption, it just gave Glint her free will back. She remained crystalized for the rest of her life.

For all we know, the spell that freed Glint could have bombarded glint with thoughts to the point where it drowned out and cut off her connection to Kralkatorrik, like some sort of massive mesmer mental attack. We know elder dragons and their minions are susceptible to illusions and mental attacks.

It’s silly to say “This confirms or disproves that!” when we don’t even know that “this” is. Just because Glint regained free will by one method, doesn’t mean new methods won’t be found in the future.

You are failing to understand the actual argument. We know Sylvari die, instead of being corrupted. However, Subject Alpha shows that different draconic energies can be combined without killing the subject. In other words, Sylvari aren’t dragon minions, or they wouldn’t die from corruption.

Dragon Minions DO die from corruption from other Dragons. Just an example, if a Branded gets hit by Blightghast the Plaguebringer’s corrupting breath it will just die. That’s how it happens in nature.

Subject Alpha is not natural. We have no idea how it was created. The Inquest could have engineered their own unique corruption by copying the traits they wanted, thus it didn’t truly have different draconic energies. The Inquest could have administered the varying corruptions to different parts of the host body simultaneously so they don’t over lap and block one another.

We don’t know. It’s wrong to say it proves anything when it could just as easily not be the case.

Additionally, we know that every dragon minion is completely and utterly devoted to it’s master, and has no free will (Sons of Svanir are not dragon minions, and some Risen join willingly and thus retain free will). Glint was the only dragon champion that we know of, that was given back it’s free will by the Forgotten. Svanir shows that the only other alternative, is death. So Sylvari can’t be dragon minions, they have free will!

We also know that dragon minions are autonomous, are susceptible to illusions, even if the illusion is of the Elder Dragon they allegedly follow, can be damaged and dominated by mental attacks.

Glint also laid Eggs. And the Dragon that hatched wasn’t a Dragon Minion despite Glint being corrupted. If the Pale Tree is a freed Dragon Champion, its children would likely have free will just as Glint’s child does.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The dragons consume magic. By defeating the elder dragons, the world’s magic will be able to flow unimpeded. Then, if Scarlet were able to unite the five bloodstones, she would gain control of all magic in the world, and become more powerful than the gods.

But there’s a catch. She would need the blood from a member of the royal lineage of King Doric in order to harness the power of the bloodstones. Only one human with Doric’s blood remains alive: Queen Jennah.

I think I just figured out why Scarlet wants to kidnap Jennah.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I’m not entirely sure if it’s been said here but I’m still hoping that somehow all of this ties with the Bloodstones. They had such a remarkable impact in the lore and were forgotten except for like 3 missions in Guild Wars: Prophecies.

Cuddy.6247

The dragons consume magic. By defeating the elder dragons, the world’s magic will be able to flow unimpeded. Then, if Scarlet were able to unite the five bloodstones, she would gain control of all magic in the world, and become more powerful than the gods.

But there’s a catch. She would need the blood from a member of the royal lineage of King Doric in order to harness the power of the bloodstones. Only one human with Doric’s blood remains alive: Queen Jennah.

I think I just figured out why Scarlet wants to kidnap Jennah.

Totally. The Bloodstones were made by the Gods to restrict the use of magic but if she found a way to tap into them and essentially become limitless in power, she’d not only be more powerful than the Gods but likely even more powerful than the Dragons. It’s why becoming Ascended in Guild Wars 1 was such a big deal, even if the actual mechanical effects seemed moot.

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

You are failing to understand the actual argument. We know Sylvari die, instead of being corrupted. However, Subject Alpha shows that different draconic energies can be combined without killing the subject. In other words, Sylvari aren’t dragon minions, or they wouldn’t die from corruption.

Additionally, we know that every dragon minion is completely and utterly devoted to it’s master, and has no free will (Sons of Svanir are not dragon minions, and some Risen join willingly and thus retain free will). Glint was the only dragon champion that we know of, that was given back it’s free will by the Forgotten. Svanir shows that the only other alternative, is death. So Sylvari can’t be dragon minions, they have free will!

Subject Alpha is evidence that it is possible to combince dragon magic, but it says nothing about if it is possible for a elder dragon to corrupt another dragon’s minions; we can still only speculate about that, because the ways they corrupt might be different from the way in which Subject Alpha was created. Furthermore, the GW2 wiki does say they the Elder Dragons differ, so we can’t use other dragon’s traits as proof, even though it might be an valid argument :)

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I tried to put the dragon together in one image:
I think this could be Primordus.
Looks really fiery like a mixture of a dragon and a pheonix.

Mordremoth!

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

psst… you see my signature? furtively digs into Wallet… how much?

will pay for a dolly rocket booster

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Mordremoth!

Tequatl!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Nimrod.9240

Nimrod.9240

Has anyone figured out what the symbol code means (last picture on the console) ?

After going all the way collecting the parts to enter the cave and to open the chests to complete her diary for the code to activate the console; that Anet just put some random symbols on there, in a cave otherwise packed with hints, makes kind of no sense.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

She made a huge drill and it seems she used the marionette to distract us while she digs down to the Depths of Tyria somewhere else.

But that map marked with all the crosses doesn’t look like anywhere in the game.

Red dirt on the left, snow on the right, grassy hills at the top, water and dark rocks to the south…

Where could that be?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

But that map marked with all the crosses doesn’t look like anywhere in the game.

Red dirt on the left, snow on the right, grassy hills at the top, water and dark rocks to the south…

If you zoom out far enough, that’s the full map. Snow to the right, red desert type to the far left, as far to the left as you can go. There’s actually more out there than what’s shown in that picture.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

you missed the very obvious clue on the ceiling.

#ELEtism

Posted by: galen ubal.2807

galen ubal.2807

Has anyone figured out what the symbol code means (last picture on the console) ?

After going all the way collecting the parts to enter the cave and to open the chests to complete her diary for the code to activate the console; that Anet just put some random symbols on there, in a cave otherwise packed with hints, makes kind of no sense.

I don’t believe it is random – it reminds me strongly of a tic-tac-toe cypher. See this for an example of how to do tic tac toe code:
http://www.wikihow.com/Write-in-Tic-Tac-Toe-Code
I’ve gotten a screenshot – but haven’t had time to work on it. I have noticed it’s two columns, and each starts repeating partway down.

Attachments:

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

PRIMORDUS COMETH!!!

MAY THE GODS SAVE YOUR SOULS.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

I still think the ‘X’ represent her hidden bases. maybe ones we can’t get to yet. The thumper in Lions Arch harbor has me thinking how does she move stuff around? How did she get supplies to the Aetherbase in LA? The Consortium! That is how she is making money to fund her endeavor. First people to show up after the Nightmare tower falls? Consortium. If the Alliances are her Pact, then maybe the Consortium is her Black Lion?

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.

Posted by: Jimmology.9483

Jimmology.9483

Just throwing in my 2 cents but I was doing some research on the whole topic and I found myself at the Primordus wiki page in which the second sentience stated “Primordus’ original resting place was in a cavern deep underground” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus Hence the many drills. Also some more evidence that proves the soon awakening of Elder Dragon Primordus is the fact that there is a giant red dragon painted on the ceiling of Scarlets secret lair. Also why else would she side with both the flame legion and the dredge? (Krait maybe a dowsing device) I think the evidence from this update all leads up to us having to wreck a massive fire dragon in the future. However it is possible that she just wants the dragons power for something else because it has said to be in rest. All this is just an assumption of course but I hope that this evidence will prove true in the long wrong.

mesmer lifestyle

(edited by Jimmology.9483)

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

So after running around in Lion’s Arch, I found a very familiar map in the Consortium’s Gift Shop. I noticed some people had pointed that map out in Scarlet’s lair as having a ‘pin’ stuck in an area, well it looks like it’s not a pin at all and is a tear in the map. So either A) It’s a specific texture for that map and the tear means nothing in Scarlet’s lair or B) The Consortium has the same mark on their map in their Gift Shop which is…odd

after more running about it’s definitely just the texture of the map
i found the same version of it at the Durmond Dig Site in LA

also the second photo is of a pretty cabinet set up in the place, i don’t think i’ve seen (but if one of you have please let me know) this anywhere else in the game – notice the decorative aspect of it?

Attachments:

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

(edited by Syryn.7591)

Posted by: Hesperon.9687

Hesperon.9687

Some of you may not have noticed this yet but when you read Scarlet Briar’s Journal it says: “I’m trying not to sleep—too scareD to even close my eyes… So scared. Whispers come from the forest all night long, calling me, taunting me, possessing me.”
This plus the dragon painting seems like one and one make two to me… (i still belive it’s Mordremoth)

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The Pale Tree was NOT a dragon champion. For one, she was planted as a seed, so she had no life prior to that. Second, there is no natural way to break the mental control the Elder Dragons have over their minions. So no amount of happy thoughts and singing Kumbaya will ever convert them. They are fanatical in their devotion to them, and their thought process is strictly “with us (minion of the same dragon) or against us (everything else)”.

The only way Glint was able too escape was because the Forgotten forcefully captured her, and they used an obscure ritual to break the connection. She empathy afterwards came from her telepathy. She as able to look into the hearts and minds of the mortal races, and she decided that she would do all she could to protect them.

I agree with this argument, particularly the first sentence, however I think that the pale tree was intended to be a champion, but Ventari raised it in such a way as to subvert that. I think that he too used an obscure ritual and that instead of the dragon we see in the dream sequence being the tree’s personification we get the mother. For some reason Ventari’s spell isn’t perfect and so the nightmare court arises.

The tree and the sylvari are a dichotomy. On the one hand we have Ventari’s dream of the races of Tyria united to fight the dragon, on the other we have the nightmare of service to Mordremoth. Then we have Scarlet’s third way which is ? (Followed by profit).

This doesn’t mean that Scarlet’s eyes are on Mordremoth (or that it is his eye on her). The red theme points strongly to Primordus. She might even mean to kill all six elder dragons, I don’t know. All I know is that there are good odds that Rox will say “I’ll believe that when dolyaks can fly!” in the next update.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So after running around in Lion’s Arch, I found a very familiar map in the Consortium’s Gift Shop. I noticed some people had pointed that map out in Scarlet’s lair as having a ‘pin’ stuck in an area, well it looks like it’s not a pin at all and is a tear in the map. So either A) It’s a specific texture for that map and the tear means nothing in Scarlet’s lair or The Consortium has the same mark on their map in their Gift Shop which is…odd

after more running about it’s definitely just the texture of the map
i found the same version of it at the Durmond Dig Site in LA

also the second photo is of a pretty cabinet set up in the place, i don’t think i’ve seen (but if one of you have please let me know) this anywhere else in the game – notice the decorative aspect of it?

Looks a bit like something you would find in Cantha to my eyes

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

I would think it is Mordramoth, but it could be primordius or one of his great destroyers.

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

When you destroy the marionette there is a conversation going on between the npcs. At one point they mention the probes and Taimi says that they are not offensive structures but that Scarlet is looking for something. In the lair there is a drawing of the probes sanding waves underground and at the bottom there is a round shape. What is it I do not know (but I like the idea of the bloodstones I read on this topic).
Somebody said that the red cross in LA is the FotM asura gate and that Scarlet wnat to destroy it but I tend to disagree. First of all I don’t believe ANet would destroy the only gate that lead to a big portion of its game. The only way that could be that gate is that we save it at the end. That is of course is only my opinion. Now, close to that gate is the gate to Southsun which would make more sense.
But, there are 4 crosses and only 3 more updates. So does that mean she will attack (if she is mean to attack at all) all the 4 points at the same time?
Some say those are her hideouts, but why would she pinpoint them for her?

Ah, so many questions and the answers are so few…

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I still think the ‘X’ represent her hidden bases. maybe ones we can’t get to yet.

If this is the case, we should be able to find her other bases. This is a hypothesis we can examine by simply searching really hard.

I’ve been all over Lion’s Arch, and didn’t notice any secret lair, but LA is a pretty big place, and it can be easy to hide something there.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

The Kurt.2518

They aren’t necessarily accessible, maybe they’ll appear later But it would be a bit weird to mark them on a map and then not let us find them

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

The painted dragon is not necessarily Primordus, the red coulour represent blood as you can see in the dragon mouth which means he’s going to make atrocities.

The Kurt.2518

I don’t believe it is random – it reminds me strongly of a tic-tac-toe cypher. See this for an example of how to do tic tac toe code:
I’ve gotten a screenshot – but haven’t had time to work on it. I have noticed it’s two columns, and each starts repeating partway down.

I’ve tried working on it, but all the dots confuse me, I’m not sure if they are part of a character or if I should count them individually, and also I’m not sure if it counts as an individual character if there’s two symbols on top of eachother :/

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

When you destroy the marionette there is a conversation going on between the npcs. At one point they mention the probes and Taimi says that they are not offensive structures but that Scarlet is looking for something. In the lair there is a drawing of the probes sanding waves underground and at the bottom there is a round shape. What is it I do not know (but I like the idea of the bloodstones I read on this topic).
Somebody said that the red cross in LA is the FotM asura gate and that Scarlet wnat to destroy it but I tend to disagree. First of all I don’t believe ANet would destroy the only gate that lead to a big portion of its game. The only way that could be that gate is that we save it at the end. That is of course is only my opinion. Now, close to that gate is the gate to Southsun which would make more sense.
But, there are 4 crosses and only 3 more updates. So does that mean she will attack (if she is mean to attack at all) all the 4 points at the same time?
Some say those are her hideouts, but why would she pinpoint them for her?

Ah, so many questions and the answers are so few…

Well we know in the next patch that Scarlet is sending her Aetherblade pirates to the Edge of the Mists map.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

The Kurt.2518

I just noticed that in one of the cages in Scarlet’s lair there is actually a sceleton, I wonder who it belongs to…

Cuddy.6247

Well we know in the next patch that Scarlet is sending her Aetherblade pirates to the Edge of the Mists map.

And I’m going to sit on my Bloodstone theory:

1) Queen Jennah is a target for her bloodline
2) The Molten Alliance were building that giant drill
3) The Aetherblade Pirates are her Navy and Airforce
4) The Watchwork soldiers are her Army

What she’s doing…she’s found a way to unlock the Bloodstones but for that she needs the Keystone which will be found in…the Edge of the Mists? Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully. But probably not.

After that she’s going to get the Keystone to the Edge of the Mists, mobilize the Watchwork Army to the Orders, send an Aetherblade Assault to Lion’s Arch and spread Toxins in Divinity’s Reach to kidnap Queen Jennah (because the Queen will be protected with tooth and nail, not something that you can just accomplish in bloodshed but with stealth) and make way to Bloodstone Fen in the Maguuma Jungle.

The Kurt.2518

I took a closer look at this picture, and it turns out that the code doesn’t repeat exactly. On the right side, I marked the parts that are the same with red and the ones that are different with green; on the left side I marked the section that is not repeating with green… It’s really weird, I feel that this almost deserves a thread of its own :P

Attachments:

Posted by: Shasha.2548

Shasha.2548

I took a closer look at this picture, and it turns out that the code doesn’t repeat exactly. On the right side, I marked the parts that are the same with red and the ones that are different with green; on the left side I marked the section that is not repeating with green… It’s really weird, I feel that this almost deserves a thread of its own :P

Green/blue/red is the same, but yellow isnt in all part, only 2/4.

Attachments:

(edited by Shasha.2548)

Posted by: Thinsett.3789

Thinsett.3789

Loving all the speculation, and I think the fact that the next update is the edge of the mists suggests that the X in LA is likely having to do with the gates. However, that being said, a really close study of the scarlet map and the game map lead me to question this. First of all, the other Xs, when closely examined, seem very very precisely placed on a fuzzy (and obscured around the water) map. They correspond indubitably to the centers of the three orders. I don’t think this can be doubted. Whether they mark secret lairs or targets we can’t know.

But the X in LA, when you look at it, really isn’t anywhere near (to the degree of precision the other Xs are placed) Fort Mariner with its mistgates, nor really the fractal gate. It’s closer to the gate to Southsun than any of these, and really it seems to be smack on the stone pillar in the water between the southsun gate and the old lighthouse. This got me thinking, so I poked around out there a bit. I noticed a few things.

My first thought was, hey didn’t the Karka come out over here? But the bigun that came up in the cinematic came from the other side of the lighthouse. No go there.

Underwater out there is a thumper. Aha! There is also a suspiciously perfect and intact circular construction right beside it. Could be something. We know rings and what they seem to do. But meh, nothing really grabbed me. Also, I just was really convinced after flipping back and forth between the maps (the scarlet one seems tilted ever so slightly) that the X denoted something a hair further east. That put me on or just east of the huge pillar out there in the water. Poked around and didn’t find much but a strange swell in the ground.

I was about gived-up when I clambered out of the water and happened to examine the mariner plaque right there. Lo and behold! Oriented so as to indicate the waters I had just left in the manner of a tourist plaque, it proclaimed the spot to be the resting place of the ship, Pride, and the MAW, and “undead leviathan.”

Now, I love the speculation, but I’m not going to declare this to be correct just because I found it. Still, I have to wonder whether or not the X isn’t smack dab right on top of the remains of the Maw. If so, that fact is ripe for speculation.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Loving all the speculation, and I think the fact that the next update is the edge of the mists suggests that the X in LA is likely having to do with the gates. However, that being said, a really close study of the scarlet map and the game map lead me to question this. First of all, the other Xs, when closely examined, seem very very precisely placed on a fuzzy (and obscured around the water) map. They correspond indubitably to the centers of the three orders. I don’t think this can be doubted. Whether they mark secret lairs or targets we can’t know.

But the X in LA, when you look at it, really isn’t anywhere near (to the degree of precision the other Xs are placed) Fort Mariner with its mistgates, nor really the fractal gate. It’s closer to the gate to Southsun than any of these, and really it seems to be smack on the stone pillar in the water between the southsun gate and the old lighthouse. This got me thinking, so I poked around out there a bit. I noticed a few things.

My first thought was, hey didn’t the Karka come out over here? But the bigun that came up in the cinematic came from the other side of the lighthouse. No go there.

Underwater out there is a thumper. Aha! There is also a suspiciously perfect and intact circular construction right beside it. Could be something. We know rings and what they seem to do. But meh, nothing really grabbed me. Also, I just was really convinced after flipping back and forth between the maps (the scarlet one seems tilted ever so slightly) that the X denoted something a hair further east. That put me on or just east of the huge pillar out there in the water. Poked around and didn’t find much but a strange swell in the ground.

I was about gived-up when I clambered out of the water and happened to examine the mariner plaque right there. Lo and behold! Oriented so as to indicate the waters I had just left in the manner of a tourist plaque, it proclaimed the spot to be the resting place of the ship, Pride, and the MAW, and “undead leviathan.”

Now, I love the speculation, but I’m not going to declare this to be correct just because I found it. Still, I have to wonder whether or not the X isn’t smack dab right on top of the remains of the Maw. If so, that fact is ripe for speculation.

Maybe it points to Mai’s prison? Anyone know if she’s still in that cell? That was in between the mist gates and the Southsun gate.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

The Kurt.2518

Does this mean that the right and left side are the same, but just slightly displaced? And furthermore, what piece of info would contain repetition, and so much of it too? What I mean is, why would the blue and green part be so similar while not identical? It makes me think of poems, because they often contain repetition, but this doesn’t feel like a poem…

It feels like it’s necessary to film a clip of the text scrolling past to be able to truly see where it repeats, I just might do that if I get enough free time

(edited by The Kurt.2518)

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

I think it would be really cool if she is drilling into LA to free Mursaat. You want a twist, that would be one. After all the White Mantle used to serve Mursaat and LA was held by them. In the human personal story for if you select that you never knew your parents you come across some white mantle showing they are still around.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Volstag.6371

If this is the case, we should be able to find her other bases. This is a hypothesis we can examine by simply searching really hard.

I’ve been all over Lion’s Arch, and didn’t notice any secret lair, but LA is a pretty big place, and it can be easy to hide something there.

Maybe it is in plain sight? I have started to think the Consortium is Scarlet’s Black Lion and they have a gate to the Mist.

I searched all over LA too, trying to find another base (even the sewers). It could have represented the Aetherbase, if the lair was there before Scarlet left it for us to find, but I doubt it. That is another thing, how did the Priory find it? The original watchknights could imitate other creatures, you don’t think Scarlet is using glamoured watchknights as spies do you?

I searched around the island where the Chantry of Secrets is never finding another secret base. There is an odd group of Pirates on the back side of the Island, and Inquest (Scarlet’s research arm) that attack a Lionsguards fort. There is a small cave inlet to the east of island that has the potential to be an entrance but no such luck right now. Still searching the West side of the island.

OK…Crazy Time!

I have also considered how Scarlet felt about the meddlesome humans. What if…she isn’t talking directly about “us” but about the movements of the Ministry/White Mantle? I theorize that at Caudecus’s Manor, the Queen was abducted and replaced with Mesmer Illusions. It is only after the manor that the Queen sends Logan away and now the Shinning Blade will not even let him near the Queen. It is possible a shadow war between Scarlet’s Alliance and the White Mantle have been fighting over the bloodstones, both needing the Queen to “seal” the deal. That would explain the attack on the Jubilee. It is the Mesmer illusion shattering as Lord Faren reaches for it that anyone one knows different. If that is true then the Shinning Blade could actually be controlled by the White Mantel as well. Could this all lead up to us confronting the Queen and discovering that she is a Watchknight in disguise? That could lead to Logan being banished to Ebonhawk and/or the Search for the Queen, (wild guess is she is in Cantha) and that the Ministry of Purity there is actually controlled by the White Mantle.

TLDR: Volstag is nuts.

Posted by: Nimrod.9240

Nimrod.9240

There’s even more to it.

(my picture shows the left side)
The red parts (A) are the same.
Following the first red part there are three lines of code (the yellow part). The third line of the yellow part is a mirrored version of the first line (yellow arrows). On top of that, the line in the middle between the two yellow arrows is a mirrored version of the first line of the red part (A).
Oh and the green part (after the second red box) is a mirrored version of the whole yellow part.

At this point it was 3am and i needed some sleep.

So now, what is the “real” code and what is just there as a distraction?

I don’t think its morse code.

Maybe it not a code as each symbol stands for a specific letter, but like a graphical code.
Like if you would merge the left and right sides, adding both lines of symbols together, to reveal the meaning or maybe you need to “subtract” one side from the other (because why having 2 sides, that are slightly off to each other in the first place?).

To Anet:
Whoever came up with that, big thumps up and please more in the future!

Attachments:

Cuddy.6247

I think it would be really cool if she is drilling into LA to free Mursaat. You want a twist, that would be one. After all the White Mantle used to serve Mursaat and LA was held by them. In the human personal story for if you select that you never knew your parents you come across some white mantle showing they are still around.

Nah…she’d have no need to drill. Although I imagine in some update we may see Mursaat come from the Isle of Janthir. Possibly the Seers too although my hunch is the Seers were Orrian. The Ancient races are really a good point in lore that could be, yet haven’t been, used by Arena Net. Mostly because they need to keep their cards close to their chest on it because if they spill all the beans then there will be nothing left to fall back on.

I have also considered how Scarlet felt about the meddlesome humans. What if…she isn’t talking directly about “us” but about the movements of the Ministry/White Mantle? I theorize that at Caudecus’s Manor, the Queen was abducted and replaced with Mesmer Illusions. It is only after the manor that the Queen sends Logan away and now the Shinning Blade will not even let him near the Queen. It is possible a shadow war between Scarlet’s Alliance and the White Mantle have been fighting over the bloodstones, both needing the Queen to “seal” the deal. That would explain the attack on the Jubilee. It is the Mesmer illusion shattering as Lord Faren reaches for it that anyone one knows different. If that is true then the Shinning Blade could actually be controlled by the White Mantel as well. Could this all lead up to us confronting the Queen and discovering that she is a Watchknight in disguise? That could lead to Logan being banished to Ebonhawk and/or the Search for the Queen, (wild guess is she is in Cantha) and that the Ministry of Purity there is actually controlled by the White Mantle.

You are nuts. I like the theory about war over the Bloodstones though or just the Bloodstone thing in general. I refuse to believe she’s doing all of this to kill some dragon – I believe she’s a power hungry maniac and, well, that’s a pretty kitten big source of power right there. However two things:

1) Shining Blade is not controlled by the White Mantle. Perhaps though they do know something is amiss and want to distance The Seraph and other races because the Shining Blade are pretty much self-professed experts at battling evil even though it took a random hero from Old Ascalon to save their sorry kitten (ahem).

2) Ministry of Purity has nothing to do with it. They just have no reason to, their lore just isn’t anywhere near the mark. End of discussion on that.

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

ok, new theory:
the x are the probes and future drill points. There are 4 probes near all those xs. In in the water in LA, one is just south of the Priory, one is just near the entrance to the Whispers headquarters and one is north of the Vigil keep in Herathi hinterlands map.

Volstag.6371

You are nuts.

he he… picking at threads here. Aetherblades stealing Hologram projectors during Skypirates of Tyria, we see Scarlet use Holographic projection to taunt us ever since and use them to make false walls to hide secret lairs. Feel like there is more to this.

Marjory’s E could be Minister Etham, seems like a good minister in the mix, and I think she would have mentioned him not being human in her story. She also ask Logan about it, poking around Divinity Reach contacts more makes me think this person “seemed” human to her.

Caith’s secret? Zhaitan is not dead. She knew this and yet said nothing to her friends.

I still think she is forming her own version of Tyria…
Consortium → Black Lion

Aetherblades → Pact
Inquest → Asura (technology) – >Priory

Krait → Humans (gods)
Nightmare Court → Sylvari

Molten Alliance – > Vigil
Flame Legion → Charr
Dredge → Norn

Watchworks →Order of Whispers/Pact

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Nobody ever consider that some or many of the things inside her lair are meant to throw us off?

It seems that she knows that we’ll find her lair so she might have created things inside the lair to misdirect us.

Why else would she put a trap at the entrance if she’s confident that nobody will find her lair?

With this in mind, we cannot confidently assume that all things in her lair are telling us the truth.

IMO that big red painting on the ceiling is serving its purpose in misdirecting us so that we won’t focus what is on the ground.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

The Kurt.2518

There’s even more to it.

(my picture shows the left side)
The red parts (A) are the same.
Following the first red part there are three lines of code (the yellow part). The third line of the yellow part is a mirrored version of the first line (yellow arrows). On top of that, the line in the middle between the two yellow arrows is a mirrored version of the first line of the red part (A).
Oh and the green part (after the second red box) is a mirrored version of the whole yellow part.

At this point it was 3am and i needed some sleep.

So now, what is the “real” code and what is just there as a distraction?

I don’t think its morse code.

Maybe it not a code as each symbol stands for a specific letter, but like a graphical code.
Like if you would merge the left and right sides, adding both lines of symbols together, to reveal the meaning or maybe you need to “subtract” one side from the other (because why having 2 sides, that are slightly off to each other in the first place?).

To Anet:
Whoever came up with that, big thumps up and please more in the future!

That’s brilliant! I’ll think I’l, start a new thread about this because I’m worried the 200 post on this threads scare away people that could potentially interested I can try merging the sides when I get home, but another thing I thought about is that maybe we shouldn’t focus on what the signs mean, maybe it’s the space in-between the signs that conveys some sort of message

The Kurt.2518

Another thing came to my mind… You know how we have digital-looking characters, like digits on an alarm clock or something? What if this is the digital representative of New Krytan or some other language? I see some correlation, check it out:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/New_Krytan

The Kurt.2518

All right, I’ve color-marked the best picture of the code and posted it all in a new thread (link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/madness/Cracking-Code-in-Scarlet-s-Lair-SPOILERS/first#post3571360), it would be great if we could continue our investiation over there

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would be seriously surprised if the end of this storyline is not a cliffhanger for an expansion. Cant wait.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you zoom out far enough, that’s the full map. Snow to the right, red desert type to the far left, as far to the left as you can go. There’s actually more out there than what’s shown in that picture.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_unexplored_map.jpg

Hm… it certainly looks similar…

But the only way that brown to the south can be there is if the map we see in scarlet’s lair was the underground layer.

All that brown in the unexplored map is blue sea.

Lion’s Arch was one of the spots in GW1 on top of a path to the Depths of Tyria, and 3 of the X’s are within Lion’s Arch.

So I still think she’s trying to get down there.

And I hope we get to go down there too. I could use some underground forests. They reminded me of Echovald.

I miss that place.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Cuddy.6247

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_unexplored_map.jpg

Hm… it certainly looks similar…

But the only way that brown to the south can be there is if the map we see in scarlet’s lair was the underground layer.

All that brown in the unexplored map is blue sea.

Lion’s Arch was one of the spots in GW1 on top of a path to the Depths of Tyria, and 3 of the X’s are within Lion’s Arch.

Except the crevasse was farther north than the original LA, I have a hunch the original crevasse got a slight nod with that cave network you can enter just north of the underwater Square (that’s a circle).

On top of that, I’m curious as to what you mean about the maps? The brown to the south is the Crystal Desert.

Scarlet’s map is just zoomed in, it’s not a full map of Tyria – just a little snippet of Lion’s Arch and the surrounding Orders locations.

Posted by: Thinsett.3789

Thinsett.3789

The depths of Tyria are pretty much all over. I think the drill and probes make whatever happens likely to involve the depths, just because it would be hard not to. There’s no really deep connection between LA and the depths. The LA entrance was basically just the door between prophecies and eotn. You entered north of LA (though after the flooding, that’s where a lot of the new LA is… then again, the X in LA seems to indicate the water and the original LA), and went into a couple of hallways befor hopping into a gate to go elsewhere.

Primordus is in the depths, but not under LA. He’s near the central transfer chamber, which is elsewhere. At least, that’s where he WAS before awakening. If you read the gw1 wiki on Primordus, there’s a note that the Asura siphoned magic from him to power their gate network. That’s why they built their hub by him (not knowing he was a living entity, just that he radiated useful power).

That said, entirely possible Prim is the focus here, because he’s awake and moving around. I wouldn’t rule out that Scarlet is intending to drill in LA to get to him or release him or anything. But there’s no more reason to think so because it’s LA. That could be her plan drilling just about anywhere.

Cuddy.6247

The depths of Tyria are pretty much all over. I think the drill and probes make whatever happens likely to involve the depths, just because it would be hard not to. There’s no really deep connection between LA and the depths. The LA entrance was basically just the door between prophecies and eotn. You entered north of LA (though after the flooding, that’s where a lot of the new LA is… then again, the X in LA seems to indicate the water and the original LA), and went into a couple of hallways befor hopping into a gate to go elsewhere.

Primordus is in the depths, but not under LA. He’s near the central transfer chamber, which is elsewhere. At least, that’s where he WAS before awakening. If you read the gw1 wiki on Primordus, there’s a note that the Asura siphoned magic from him to power their gate network. That’s why they built their hub by him (not knowing he was a living entity, just that he radiated useful power).

That said, entirely possible Prim is the focus here, because he’s awake and moving around. I wouldn’t rule out that Scarlet is intending to drill in LA to get to him or release him or anything. But there’s no more reason to think so because it’s LA. That could be her plan drilling just about anywhere.

I’m just curious though about why she would want to fight Primordius and what connection it would have to do with Queen Jennah, the jungle or the Edge of the Mists. Just a few things that don’t add up. I have a small hunch though that Edge of the Mists will give us most, if not all of the answers to her motive and plan though. I can see that she’s building up a pretty impressive army but if she were after the dragons why isn’t she utilizing her forces for The Pact? Instead she seems to do everything to deliberately kill off the good folk.

If they really go with a “she’s going to kill a dragon” direction, it will be the dumbest conclusion ever.

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

“A flying dolyak” would just be silly, clearly by the diagram it doesn’t even have wings, it would not even be aerodynamically possible… but a rocket propelled Dolyak would greatly increase the speed of supply deliveries…it will be a new WvW upgrade skill obviously :P

Attachments: