Glint's offspring inside the Zephyrite ship?

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

“Shiny” is Glint’s only known off-spring. The devs said he would make an appearance in the game but has yet to be seen (old interview info predating beta). I doubt the Zepherites have a direct involvement with him.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Well, let’s say there’s a Glint-spawn with the Zephyrites. If that’s true, then said dragon would likely be a couple hundred years old, and too big to hide without illusion. But Glint could do illusions, there’s no reason to assume that the child can’t as well.

For me, this leads to two possible theories:

First, the child is disguised as an airship. This isn’t my favorite theory, but it does make a bit of sense.

The second idea is that the Glintling is disguised as a person. Strong mesmer magic seems to make the illusion real enough that physics goes along with the illusion, so there’s no reason why this couldn’t be the answer. IF this is the case, then you’d be looking for someone that the Zephyrites see as: an Elder, wise, someone to protect, and someone with access to great and important power. So far, we’ve met only one Zephyrite that fits all of that.

Maybe that is what the Master of Peace went after! :O
- But yeah, it was suddenly just forgotten as Season 2 started.

If my second theory is right, then the Master of Peace isn’t running to reach Glint’s offspring. The Master of Peace IS Glint’s offspring. That’s why the one Zephyrite was lying, she didn’t want to let slip that little detail. It also suggests that the MoP was running not just to get away, but to draw the threat away from the remaining Zephyrites.

No an illusion would change what people would see, not your size and shape. So no MoP is not Glints baby.

Exactly, in GW1 it said it was inside a single grain of sand. think the Tardis, the illusion was it was bigger inside.

No it wasn’t. As I’ve already said in this thread, reading is a great thing to do in a thread that’s not that long, so here’s my post again.

No it’s not. In the book edge of Destiny, Glint has the power of illusion. Destinys Edge are walking through her lair before she reviews herself and them in her lair. So size is very relevant. Also someone else in this thread said that Glint put the legend of her lair being in a single grain of sand. To stop people trying to find her. Sand shifts a lot. If what you where looking for something the size of a grain in a dessert, you’d not bother.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

“Shiny” is Glint’s only known off-spring. The devs said he would make an appearance in the game but has yet to be seen (old interview info predating beta). I doubt the Zepherites have a direct involvement with him.

Fairly sure “Shiny” was a saltspray dragon who ended up in Elonia, who bounded with Goren.

Glint’s child was not named at all, but appeared in EOTN.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Kalavier is correct. There is no connection in lore between Shiny and Glint – Glint’s child that appeared in EOTN is a completely different dragon.

Shiny, I suspect, was put in simply as a light Eragon reference not intended to be linked to Tyria’s greater mysteries at all, although it might still have a part to play if we ever go to Elona simply for the uniqueness factor of being a Canthan dragon in Elona.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Glint was a different type before she was corrupted and then freed by the Forgotten. Though, it would beg the question on how he remained unchanged despite coming from one of her eggs.

Kalavier is correct. There is no connection in lore between Shiny and Glint – Glint’s child that appeared in EOTN is a completely different dragon.

Shiny, I suspect, was put in simply as a light Eragon reference not intended to be linked to Tyria’s greater mysteries at all, although it might still have a part to play if we ever go to Elona simply for the uniqueness factor of being a Canthan dragon in Elona.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The Forgotten path only states that Glint retained her crystalline form. Glint has four legs plus wings, while Saltsprays have two legs plus wings. It’s unlikely Glint ever had the Saltspray body type.

The model for Glint’s child was basically the same model as for Glint herself, albeit scaled down.

There is no connection between Shiny and Glint. While the origin of Shiny’s egg remains a mystery, there is absolutely NOTHING that points to Glint being a parent of Shiny. Literally the only things they have in common is that they’re both dragons that are outside of Cantha.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.