Mawdrey 2 is the real problem

in Living World

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

Like a lot of people in the forum I don’t want to run FotM just to get the Mist Stone needed to make the ascended back piece. I hate FotM so much I will probably skip this step. While I’ve been loving the scavenger hunt quality of this back piece, for a lot of the reasons other people have mentioned, I was disappointed with requirement.

But you know something? I’ll live. If it was just the back piece, I’d still care, but I’d get over it.

However, the real issue, in my opinion, is the bonus of Mawdrey II you get from crafting the back piece. Mawdrey II is a plant that eats your Bloodstone Dust – you know, all the pink stuff filling up your bank – and gives you stuff in return. For 50 piles of dust it returns random loot. While it seems to mostly give back greens and harvest mats, some people are already saying they’re getting rares from it.

This is the equivalent of giving the back piece people their own personal vendor. People have been clamoring for better uses of Bloodstone dust (I have over 100 bricks in my bank.), and this is ArenaNet’s solution??

That kitten’s not fair. It’s not fair to people who don’t want to do FotM. It’s not fair to people who don’t have an interest in making the back piece. It’s not fair to people who PvP. It’s so not fair, I’m surprised, no one else seems to have mentioned it. Most things people complain about not being fair in GW2 are vanity issues, but this is a whole different category of unfairness.

In my opinion, there should be a Bloodstone vendor, but if ArenaNet insists on not creating a vendor, then make the Mawdrey plant a reward for completing the storyline. Everyone should be able to complete the story.

TLDR: The ability to trade in your Bloodstone dust for loot shouldn’t be made available only to those who finish the back piece, it should be available to everyone.

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

If you want Mawdrey 2, then craft it. It is already available for everyone.

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

If you want Mawdrey 2, then craft it. It is already available for everyone.

Not everyone has the time or money to craft this back piece, which would be fine if it was only a back piece. It’s also a personal loot machine for anyone who crafts the back piece.

There are two main issues. First, that’s unfair. Second, this isn’t an reasonable way to address the surplus Bloodstone dust problem.

in Living World

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

How is this unfair?

Do stuff get stuff.

Do more stuff get better stuff.

would you want mawdrey to become as rare as bloodstone dust or would you wrather have something in a sense prestigeous with some value?

I will always pick the latter because i simply dont want all the rare cool loot be instantly obtainable for everyone i want them to write a story on how they got itt just like i will eventually do…

Also i see no rush to obtain mawdrey, simply because i unlocked everything for it and the piles arent going anywhere either.

If your mad about that rare a day, welp… there are better ways to get cash..

I seriously dont see the problem here at all..

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

I want and a lot of people want a better way to dispose of their Bloodstone dust. That ability shouldn’t be coupled with a back piece.

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Why not just junk your Bloodstone Dust? Why would you ever feel the need to make 100 Bricks of it? How many level 80 characters do you have and intend to get full Ascended weapons/armour for?

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Don’t forget fractals also have bugs like in the cliffside fractal where you must completely restart the whole fractal set.

in Living World

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

what bug would that be ?

and that post is ridiculous to say the least

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

Why not just junk your Bloodstone Dust? Why would you ever feel the need to make 100 Bricks of it? How many level 80 characters do you have and intend to get full Ascended weapons/armour for?

I have 6 level 80 characters, if you’re curious. : )

I hate throwing out stuff, because it’s usually worth something, eventually. That particularly seems to be the case with GW2.

At the moment, there’s not a good use for all the Bloodstone dust that drops. Even if you have a recipe like one of the Tuning Stations, which use Bloodstone dust, you’re not going to make enough of those to burn through all the dust you get in-world.

There’s a need for better uses of Bloodstone Dust, at least if it’s going to keep dropping at the rate it currently does.

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

The great thing about M2 is it puts a value on bloodstone dust. Before, I was always hesitant to junk the stuff in case Anet made it a component for something I’d want — if you got ascended sharpening stones for bloodstone dust and water, I’d kick myself for disposing of it.

But now they’ve collapsed the waveform. Gust is worth “greens plus”. I can make the plant if I think it’s worth it, or junk the dust if I don’t.

in Living World

Xiahou Mao.9701

I question to some extent how much you really care about something being ‘worth it, eventually’. If you’ve made 100 Bloodstone Bricks, you’ve spent 16 gold on reagents to do that, to say nothing about how much Karma worth of Obsidian Shards you’ve thrown in. You’re spending more resources than you’re probably aware of to be a packrat and try to save these items up. It’s a lot easier to just junk it when you have enough for your immediate future. I’ve got 15 bricks, 15 ingots and 15 stars saved up for any Ascended things I might feel the need to craft, and any overflow of Bloodstone/Empyreal/Dragonite I get outside my collectibles gets junked. It’s not like I can’t go and get more whenever I need to.

As for Mawdrey II and its ability to eat the Bloodstone… you’ve presumably been working towards this back piece, stopping now only because Fractals have entered the equation. Again, I’m looking at it in a different way. Every day, I can make a plate of Meaty Plant Food and a plate of Piquant Plant Food. I can then sell these to the people who are in a mad rush to get their Mawdrey to clean up their Bloodstone. At the current prices, that’s 10-11 gold a day of profit for the two time-gated plates I can make.

What’s more valuable to you? Being able to turn 200 Bloodstone Dust a day into vendor junk and occasional blues/greens, or taking advantage of a crafting recipe that’s currently paying out 2000% profit over the component cost, like Meaty Plant Food does? I’ll take the 2000% profit every time, I’ll make some money off of the people in a rush to get their back items, and then I’ll make my own later when the hubbub has died down and I can no longer turn 20 silver into 4 gold by clicking “Craft” on my Huntsman.

That’s called getting value out of something. Instead of paying a lot of silver/gold to refine materials you don’t currently need, and/or investing gems and gold into bank/mule slots to store things with no inherent value, you can jump on a market trend and provide others with the things they want at a grossly inflated price because the time-gating means demand far exceeds supply. And Arenanet still wins because the TP fees from people buying Plant Food and other components are taking money out of the economy.

Anyway! Enough of that. If you really do want Mawdrey and are already most of the way there, why not just try the Fractals? There’s a lot of other people in your boat. You should easily be able to form a “Newbie group LFG Fractals Level 1” and get other players like you who haven’t tried that part of the game yet or who aren’t confident in it, and you can work through it together. Alternately, if it’s not inexperience scaring you away, try to ask people in your guild if anyone can just power you through. You only need to do Fractals once a day for five days to get what you need. It doesn’t have to be five days in a row. One Fractal run a week will get you the Mists Stone in five weeks. And who knows, maybe you’ll enjoy yourself?

It just seems odd to me to give up on something you clearly want pretty badly just because of one aspect of the game being involved.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

The only question I have about it is “Why just bloodstone dust?”

Hopefully we’ll get other pets to take care of the other types of ascended mats clogging up our banks.

Attachments:

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Xiahou, I believe it’s the principle of the matter that’s being questioned here and not so much the choices you could make as an individual. People say stuff like, “Just make money off of the impatient people and then make it later,” but for one thing prices don’t always go significantly down and for another, the insinuation is that the impatient people are “doing it wrong” and you’re “taking advantage of them.” Which just sounds messed up to begin with when we’re talking about a video game that’s supposed to be fun.

But that aside, the OP’s point – as I interpreted it – was more that the principle of putting a bloodstone dust sink behind a costly grind / timesink is kind of wacky.

Or words to that effect.

in Living World

Lord Kuru.3685

what bug would that be ?

The hammer bug where you can’t recover it and you have to restart.

in Living World

Xiahou Mao.9701

I don’t mean to insinuate that people are ‘doing it wrong’, certainly. There is no right or wrong way to play the game, as long as people are enjoying themselves. If all I cared about was making money, I wouldn’t be talking about Plant Food, because the more people who are making those recipes to sell, the cheaper they’ll become and the less gold I’ll make. And the price will come down eventually, simply because it has to. 2000% profit isn’t sustainable. The longer it’s there, the more people who have already completed Mawdrey will turn their time-gated crafts that they don’t need anymore to making that food to sell. It might take weeks, it might take months, but the price will come back down to earth eventually.

Really, I just want to make sure people know what they’re doing when they do save vast quantities of things, like Lascia posted in the picture above. If you refine those Ascended materials, you’re spending a sizable chunk of silver/gold to do so for the reagents. If you keep stacks of them in your bank, you’re devoting who knows how many of your 600 gem bank slots, or 800 gem character slots, to storing materials that simply aren’t hard to get. I’m not immune to it, I’m a packrat too in my own way. I’ve got Marjory’s “Investigation Kit” stashed away, and those crystals from Clockwork Chaos, and who knows how many other oddball things from old Living Stories that really aren’t needed. I even have several characters that still have their Gifts From Scarlet on the off-chance that I might want to explode sometime.

I am by no means perfect, and not everything I do is right or sensible. I just want to try to help people look at things from other angles if I can. A new perspective rarely hurts, right?

in Living World

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

what bug would that be ?

Have everyone die, don’t release until everyone is dead, then release. Hammer will respawn in the last waypoint. This has been fixed a long time ago. Just because you don’t know the machanics don’t mean that it is bugged.
Yet another Learn2Play issue. If anyone complain about the fractal level requirement the community as a whole should just respond that instead of complaining you should learn how to get better at the game.
This community really makes me wonder. RNG items are A-OK. Skill based items = bad. Boggles the mind.

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

But that aside, the OP’s point – as I interpreted it – was more that the principle of putting a bloodstone dust sink behind a costly grind / timesink is kind of wacky.

That very much sums it up. It’s “wacky” that this item is coupled with this back piece.

I’m not a fan of fractals, but I think saying that confuses this issue. I do like the process for the back piece. The involved, scavenger hung nature of it means not everyone is going to do it and there’s a real sense of completion for those who do. Kudos to all of you who go through the process.

However, in my opinion, the Mawdrey plant shouldn’t be an extra reward and it’s bit odd and unfair that it is.

That’s the point. Not whether I should grind out the back piece or do fractals or sell my meaty plant food.

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

I don’t mean to insinuate that people are ‘doing it wrong’, certainly. There is no right or wrong way to play the game, as long as people are enjoying themselves. If all I cared about was making money, I wouldn’t be talking about Plant Food, because the more people who are making those recipes to sell, the cheaper they’ll become and the less gold I’ll make. And the price will come down eventually, simply because it has to. 2000% profit isn’t sustainable. The longer it’s there, the more people who have already completed Mawdrey will turn their time-gated crafts that they don’t need anymore to making that food to sell. It might take weeks, it might take months, but the price will come back down to earth eventually.

Really, I just want to make sure people know what they’re doing when they do save vast quantities of things, like Lascia posted in the picture above. If you refine those Ascended materials, you’re spending a sizable chunk of silver/gold to do so for the reagents. If you keep stacks of them in your bank, you’re devoting who knows how many of your 600 gem bank slots, or 800 gem character slots, to storing materials that simply aren’t hard to get. I’m not immune to it, I’m a packrat too in my own way. I’ve got Marjory’s “Investigation Kit” stashed away, and those crystals from Clockwork Chaos, and who knows how many other oddball things from old Living Stories that really aren’t needed. I even have several characters that still have their Gifts From Scarlet on the off-chance that I might want to explode sometime.

I am by no means perfect, and not everything I do is right or sensible. I just want to try to help people look at things from other angles if I can. A new perspective rarely hurts, right?

Xiahou, I appreciate the advice. I’m very good with money in this game and have plenty of it, so making the bricks is not a cost issue for me.

Again, helpful advice is appreciated and encouraged. : )

Thanks

Now back to that stupid plant.

in Living World

Lasica.5068

Have everyone die, don’t release until everyone is dead, then release. Hammer will respawn in the last waypoint. This has been fixed a long time ago. Just because you don’t know the machanics don’t mean that it is bugged.
Yet another Learn2Play issue. If anyone complain about the fractal level requirement the community as a whole should just respond that instead of complaining you should learn how to get better at the game.
This community really makes me wonder. RNG items are A-OK. Skill based items = bad. Boggles the mind.

That’s not a Learn2Play issue that’s a solution you’d discover by accident. That issue with the hammer still not been fixed, there just happens to be a work around that solves the problem. I should also point out that even googling this issue doesn’t give an immediate answer to fixing this (but further investigation of guides does have this solution).

A lot of people defending the inclusion of fractals as a step in the crafting are people that already do fractals, have the relics saved up, and spent absolutely zero additional effort on acquiring them for this back piece.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Shadowmoon: No, there’s been a new bug introduced recently where the hammer simply disappears if the person carrying it gets downed. (It may be due to a latency issue where they were moving in a direction that would have sent them off the edge, even though they stopped before then. This results in the game losing track of where the hammer was when the player got downed, and it just vanishes as a result.) Having the entire party wipe then respawn does not respawn the hammer correctly at the last check point. I’ve seen it happen myself.

in Living World

Lord Kuru.3685

what bug would that be ?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/How-to-not-lose-hammer-Cliffside-Fractal/first#post4293579

Maybe you should do a bit of research before you spout off garbage and accuse people of not knowing the “machanics.”

in Living World

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

It’s unfair? I’m pretty sure the requirements to get the item are exactly the same for everyone, so no, it isn’t unfair. You maybe don’t want to put in the same amount or type of work as others, which actually is unfair.

in Living World

Lasica.5068

It’s unfair? I’m pretty sure the requirements to get the item are exactly the same for everyone, so no, it isn’t unfair. You maybe don’t want to put in the same amount or type of work as others, which actually is unfair.

Except everyone isn’t putting in the same amount of work. People who already run fractals and have a heap of pristine relics saved up put in zero extra work for the crafting. People who have never done fractals or have tried them and don’t care to try them again, they will need to put in 10 or more additional hours into crafting this item. So yes it’s an unfair requirement.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Where the kitten are the WvW back pieces, that’s what I want to know. And the PVP back pieces. And the (non fractal) dungeon back pieces. Or the map completion back pieces. And JP back pieces.

What’s with the huge bias towards crafting? And now dungeons. And it’s not like fractals didn’t already have half the back pieces in the game already.

I hole the other game modes get some love.

in Living World

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

what bug would that be ?

Happened in my group today …. And it was the 3rd fractal…. I did the 5 for the mist stone, but including fractals (really any forced group content) was a poor choice. I got a bugged one forcing re-start and 2 rage quit groups in completing 5 fractals… In several of the runs you could tell the people didn’t really want to be there except for the stone…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Living World

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

what bug would that be ?

And it was des pawning before we could grab it today – if it is that buggy it is not L2P it Is L2Fix on anet’s part……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Living World

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I agree with the OP. We’ve been crying out for stuff to do with unwanted ascended materials and they go and provide something for Fractal runners – the group most likely to be interested in using their materials on ascended gear. Real nice trolling, ANet.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

So you have to run level 1 of fractals, something easier than most dungeon paths, five days in a row out of the obligatory 21 days it takes to fully craft the backpack, assuming we don’t buy anything. Big deal.

In the end it is an ascended piece of armor and a bonus item. It takes a long time to craft other ascended equipment too.

I’m sorry but I just can’t take your complaints seriously. If you don’t want to make the backpiece, but you want the bloodstone dust eating plant, then you make it for that. The backpiece is a bonus item for you.

If you don’t want to play Fractals, well I’m sorry but you’ll just have to suck it up. The item only asks for 5 successful completions of Fractals. Any weapon that needs a certain dungeon gift requires 8-9 successful runs of that dungeon.

It’s is not that bad. I barely touched Fractals before and I gathered my mist stone by doing a daily low level run. In the process I tried something “new”, which I’m sure was their intention.

TLDR: The ability to trade in your Bloodstone dust for loot shouldn’t be made available only to those who finish the back piece, it should be available to everyone.

So what? Everyone should get a mail with this item, just like that? Or maybe you’d prefer it being a Gemstore item?

Meanwhile, complaints keep popping up that there is nothing to do, or work towards in the game.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

It is already available to everyone.

It has an in-game requirement. Why on earth should they remove that? The point of video games is that they reward you for completing content.

If you want to avoid certain parts of the game, that’s not the game’s problem. People who play Ocarina of Time shouldn’t be able to just skip a Temple if they don’t like it much; people who play Mass Effect shouldn’t be able to get the rewards for a side-quest without actually completing the side-quest if they happen not to like it much.

in Living World

Lasica.5068

In the end it is an ascended piece of armor and a bonus item. It takes a long time to craft other ascended equipment too.

You mean like this ascended armour from the living story last year? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tempered_Spinal_Blades

Time taken to craft… oh about 5 minutes.

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Some people get levels from playing the game. It’s unfair. I hate playing the game, but I want levels.

in Living World

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Except everyone isn’t putting in the same amount of work. People who already run fractals and have a heap of pristine relics saved up put in zero extra work for the crafting. People who have never done fractals or have tried them and don’t care to try them again, they will need to put in 10 or more additional hours into crafting this item. So yes it’s an unfair requirement.

So having put in the same amount of work before others makes it somehow not the same amount of work?

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

You mean like this ascended armour from the living story last year? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tempered_Spinal_Blades

Time taken to craft… oh about 5 minutes.

Good for you. It took me weeks because I had to turn sprockets into blade shards.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

I’m with Xiahou. I’m not really interested in the back piece, perhaps I’ll make it one day…or not. I’m pretty sure I can get along in the game just fine without it. I’ve never done fractals or even a dungeon in almost 2 years of playing this game. I had enough of that in other MMOs. I do enjoy the fact that game gives people other options, although WvW needs something new. I also enjoy making a ton of money from a craftable item finally! It helps with leveling the the crafts I don’t have to 500 yet.

I have leveled all the crafts to 400 and now have 3 of them at 500. So I use the bloodstone, dragonite and fragments I get to make ascended gear…something actually useful. I have never had to purchase an additional bank slot to keep it in.

Lasica, are you one of these players that loves to show everyone how much stuff you have, like the ones in the ambrite weapons threads? Why don’t you refine all that and clear up the space in your bank? Once you have a stack of 250 each, even with 6 80s (I have 6 going on 7) you won’t need more. I use what I need and throw the rest out.

So, regarding the back piece…thanks Anet for giving me something I can make and actually make some money for a change.

TC

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

I think a lot of you are missing the point. There are lots of other back pieces you can get in lots of other ways – that’s what’s cool about the game. But the back pieces are just vanity items when you consider that there are so many ways to get ascended back pieces, now.

That’s one of the cool things about GW2: I don’t feel forced to grind out a specific dungeon or activity to get gear. There are lots of paths to get exactly the same or equivalent items without having to do something you don’t want to do.

Mawdrey 2 is a pretty useful item and there’s no other way to get it. That’s the issue.

It’s unfair in the context of GW2, where there are usually lots of different ways to get items, or if you can’t get a specific item, you can get something similar through other means. There’s no other way to get this dust eater.

In the end, Mawdrey II is not a game breaker, but giving it as an extra reward for making the back piece does not seem in the spirit of the game.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

All anyone wants is another way to make the mist stone that doesn’t use fractal relics. Just make it with WvW or PvP tokens, or some other token players would rather get. You got to buy a mist stone what does it matter what you buy it with. Players who like fractals probably have lots of relics. Maybe players who have WvW token have some of those they would rather use. Maybe someone would just rather use his fractal relics for something else.

Also they could have told us from the start this was going to be a Fractal Perk then those of us who don’t want to bother could have just skipped the whole thing. Oh but then no one would be in dry top.

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I’m sorry, are you complaining about 5 Pristine relics? 5 miserable, stinkin’ relics?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

All anyone wants is another way to make the mist stone that doesn’t use fractal relics. Just make it with WvW or PvP tokens, or some other token players would rather get. You got to buy a mist stone what does it matter what you buy it with. Players who like fractals probably have lots of relics. Maybe players who have WvW token have some of those they would rather use. Maybe someone would just rather use his fractal relics for something else.

Also they could have told us from the start this was going to be a Fractal Perk then those of us who don’t want to bother could have just skipped the whole thing. Oh but then no one would be in dry top.

The problem is, if you charge badges of honor for example for the Mists Stone people who don’t like WvW will be annoyed as fuzzy feline as well. If You offer both options both sides would probably be happy, But there are people who might dislike WvW and fractals. Then you need a third option.
Of course you could just make it obtainable via half a dozen ways, as you suggest, but that would be seriously unfair for example towards the people who dislike event farming for example. So geodes are troublesome for them. Or people who hate crafting.
You could argue of course that everything that is geode or crafting based has a step in between that can be purchased via the trading post.
Then someone else can bring up that they seriously hate story dungeons and we can start all over again.
I am exaggerating slightly here, but I think it drives home the point: There will always be someone complaining about certain parts they don’t like if you have to put in some effort to gain something.

And I didn’t even bring up the old fractals/dragonite/meta-events problem as a comparison yet.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Living World

Lasica.5068

1,000 badges
1,000 geodes
5 fractal relics

All take about the same time to get, and a very different play styles.

in Living World

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can get 1000 badges without even setting foot in World vs. World, from achievement chests. You can also get 1000 badges quite quickly just running around in Edge of the Mists without ever fighting a single enemy player.

Something like “Capture Stonemist Castle five times” would be a better World vs. World scavenger hunt task than a mere “Get 1000 badges”.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

what bug would that be ?

Have everyone die, don’t release until everyone is dead, then release. Hammer will respawn in the last waypoint. This has been fixed a long time ago.

Yeah, and it reappeared lately again. Party wipe is now no longer a guarantee of regaining the hammer.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

It gives you greens and the ocasional rare. Is access to greens and rare what makes it unfair? Greens serve no purpose but to be salvaged. Just do events and you’ll get them 10x faster than if you only fed it bloodstone.

You’re losing nothing by not having access to the backpiece (which, btw, is solely your choice). There’s no advantage. Fairness doesn’t apply.

When you can’t have something because you don’t like what’s required to get it, it’s not called unfair. I hate working – should I say it’s unfair that other people get paid but I don’t?

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Uhh no? People who run Fractals already have already put in all that time, fulfilling the requirement that is the same for everyone. Which is, by the way, of trivial effort.

If you, or anybody, for whatever reason, hates Fractals so much that they refuse to do it even for a reward that they want.. that’s not ANet’s fault.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

I’m sorry, are you complaining about 5 Pristine relics? 5 miserable, stinkin’ relics?

No. I’m complaining about ArenaNet giving a useful item as a bonus for completing the back piece. That’s something they’ve never done before. It’s not a vanity item, like the Balthazar back piece, it’s something useful. That’s not fair.

Put aside all the stuff about the Mist Stone. It’s not about fractals or dungeons or WvW. It’s about giving people who finish this back piece a practical means of getting rid of their Bloodstone dust. Those who don’t choose to finish this back piece – and given how involved the process is, there are probably going to be lots of them – will still not have a useful means of getting rid of their dust.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

When you can’t have something because you don’t like what’s required to get it, it’s not called unfair. I hate working – should I say it’s unfair that other people get paid but I don’t?

This exactly.

It’s not a vanity item, like the Balthazar back piece, it’s something useful. That’s not fair.

Next you’re going to tell us that the stat-swapping option on Legendary weapons is unfair. You don’t seem to understand what that word means. It’s not a blanket term for “things I want but don’t want to put in the effort to obtain.”

in Living World

Rachiia.6045

This exactly.

It’s not a vanity item, like the Balthazar back piece, it’s something useful. That’s not fair.

Next you’re going to tell us that the stat-swapping option on Legendary weapons is unfair. You don’t seem to understand what that word means. It’s not a blanket term for “things I want but don’t want to put in the effort to obtain.”

Unfair
adjective
1. not fair; not conforming to approved standards, as of justice, honesty, or ethics:
an unfair law; an unfair wage policy.
2. disproportionate; undue; beyond what is proper or fitting: an unfair share.

Your perception of what is “fair” can certainly vary from mine. In my view, this doesn’t conformed to what I considered to be fair within the context of other reward paths in GW2.

in Living World

Xiahou Mao.9701

It’s fair in this case because everyone needs to put in the same amount of work to get the item. It’s an item that’s attainable by all players. It’s not even like the Mini Liadri/Blazing Light title which is hidden behind a skill wall, all that’s needed to get Mawdrey is time and effort.

Yes, some people already have five Pristine Fractal Relics sitting around. Some people are also already at 400 Jeweler, or 400 Huntsman, or 500 Leatherworking, all of which are needed as well. Some people have already mapped out the JP in Frostgorge Sound, and Aurora’s Remains in Brisban, to make it easier to reach those locations. Some people will buy certain components from the Trading Post, while others will sell components on the Trading Post to cash in on the rush. But at the end of the day, the item is there for everyone willing to put in the time and effort.

The only thing that might be ‘unfair’ in my view is that the effort put in far exceeds the end result, being able to convert 200 Bloodstone Dust a day into vendor junk. People are spending hundreds of gold to rush this item along because they feel compelled to get some use out of the Dust they’re hoarding for some inexplicable reason. But I’m well aware that I’m in the minority with that view. When I eventually finish Mawdrey, will I feed it Bloodstone? Sure I will. Am I going to stash Bloodstone away and sit on it until Mawdrey is done? Not a chance, it gets junked. The existence of Mawdrey doesn’t make Bloodstone worth the bank space it would occupy, sorry. Your mileage may vary, and that’s fine, but it’s just not worth it to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

the only unfair thing is that it doesnt eat empyreal fragments!!

just because i never did champtrain allday long

but many dungeons instead i am drowing in fragments much more than in bloodstone dust…

but i cant get rid of the material that i get even more than bloodstone dust??

UNFAIR!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Threads like this one really make one wonder about the modern gamers.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I agree with the original poster.

I disliked the gold-sink with crafting, even after a ton of effort, so much so I deleted the items. Got the first vine, but once I got to the bloodstone bricks requirement, I sold what I could to get a return on my time.

The overall grind, to get a glorified backpack, wasn’t worth it in my humble opinion.

But I won’t deny those who did put in the time and money and earned the reward. I didn’t put in the investment, so I’m okay with not getting the return.

It’s fair . . . but I recommend an alternative that doesn’t involve crafting or grinding. And that’s making the dust and similar items sellable on the Trading Post.

That way, everyone wins.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)