Next patch (7/15/14) - "Entanglement"

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I find some of the theories here puzzling.

If you visualize a ley line as an underground river, and the vines as a sponge or seaweed, that makes it simple: the sponge weeds are consuming the water and rapidly growing through the tunnel of the underground river, containing the rest of it inside itself. The waypoints are like small ponds near the river; so the vines grow towards them too, trying to eat the energy out of them (or rather, out of the waypoint stones – the one at Fort Salma will be cracked open).

The same is going to happen at Fort Salma – the artifacts from the Tower of Nightmares which are stored there are like a large lake for the vines, they will grow there and consume them regardless of what’s build nearby – a Pact fort, a norn brewery or an amusement park run by skritt.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

That trailer looks promising. But I’m not getting any hopes up, I mean it wouldn’t be the first time we got a great trailer followed by a somewhat disappointing release.

<snip>

Is it a joke?
- At first glance it is a little humorous and you start to chuckle at the absurdity of it.
- Then it really starts to sink in as you visualize it and you start to think…
- “Nah, They wouldn’t do that…would they?”
- Then it hits you that it really isn’t that funny.
- And as your chuckle begins to trail off, you realize that you can actually see this happening.
- Then you find yourself staring at your screen with a single thought pounding in your mind…
- “They might actually do this…”

No, the asure will probably discover a ‘fix’ so that the waypoints can’t be used by the vines anymore. Anet will probable require you to go each seperate waypoint and interact with it to fix it. After your finished fixing the last waypoint Trahearne shows up and take credit for fixing all the waypoints . :/

Seriously, Trahearnes life mission was to purify Orr, if he even dares to step one foot outside of Orr, then lets just say that The next story part will involve me as the villain XD

I was reading your reply with the serious kind of speculation it started out with, and I was like “yeah, well, maybe they will do somethi…” – then you smacked me in the head with a big plate of Trahearne out of nowhere and I burst out laughing!

Good post, Nathan, very good post. Thank you, I really needed that.

Next phase of the LS2 …….

Chapter 3 :- Trehearne’s Viking Funeral ….. Straits of Devastation

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Oooooh, new pictures on the tumbler: http://guildwars2.tumblr.com/post/91269491739

I wonder if those pistols are going to be new skins too. Shame they’re pistols but hopefully they’ll have rifles too if not bows (short and long) as well.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So attack the one as far away from him as possible? When all the homes for the Ordes are on the way? Sorry that makes even less sence. Also you did not address my point of HOW HE KNOWS ZHITAN IS DEAD. When he’s been asleep the whole time.

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. Yes, Mordy’s been asleep, but he seems to have been at least semi-coherent recently. It is plausible that he could have gained this information from Scarlet’s mind. What she knows, he now knows sort of thing. We don’t know if the communication went both ways, or if she could only hear him. The same could then be taken into consideration of Aerin. If Mordy knew what Scarlet knew, could he also know what Aerin knew? Of course this is dependent on it actually being Mordy in their heads (I know someone’s going to tell me it’s not, but we don’t know either way) and if the communication was not simply one sided.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

They work by magic. And a small spell to relieve you of your coin.

That’s it! Mordremoth’s plan is to use the waypoint grid that spans the entire continent with the coin-relieving spell to simultaneously rob all of Tyria! The ultimate heist!

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I have my own theory about the vines and the waypoints. What if it’s not vines traveling by waypoint, but spores brought along by travelers, that sprout near sources of magic in order to consume it for Mordremoth?

OH MY GOD. We missed the obvious answer to this. THE TOWER OF NIGHTMARES! You remember how it was stated the spores were spreading across Tyria? It was Chekhov’s Gun! The spores were already planted by the tower, and are now sprouting. It’s how the vines can be at Timberline Falls despite Mordremeth’s distance to it!

I don’t think thats how it went down, scarlet wouldnt of bothered with the miasma if that was really her plan all along i dont think she would of even bothered attacking LA until the vines grew, scarlet knew of mordys corruption via the vision and with the help of mordys corruption/vision created the miasma that allowed her the time to drill the layline could mordy of woke himself up as soon as scarlet hit the layline because of zhaitans death? (He immediately attacks the pact, thats saying ALOT about mordys plans, so mordy wanted the layline to be hit, maybe to have the vines travel on it? (Which backs up the layline travel theory)

hmmm, alternative: what if the player base is spreading some sort of spore? i.e. PC’s visit drytop, start wp’ing all over the place, first place they land is of course the destination WP… vine spore/seed spread.

So the players are the ones spreading the corruption in this hypothetical.

Allegedly there’s a map (who knows where that is?) that’s tracking the vine spread – we could use that to test the hypothesis.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t see why it’s so unfeasible for the vines to be spreading that fast on their own. They are essentially draining the WP’s of their energy to fuel their growth across tyria. Between the ley line and the WP energy they can quickly spread across the world.

Also just because there is 2 weeks in between our patches doesn’t mean there is 2 weeks in tyria time. I did my personal story in 3 days, yet in tyria time it was over a year. It could be a few months for all we know. But even if not, there are plants on Earth that can grow 2-3 feet per day, and we don’t have magic or dragons. I suspect a mile a day of plant growth is nothing for the nearly unlimited energy of the ley line.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Allegedly there’s a map (who knows where that is?) that’s tracking the vine spread – we could use that to test the hypothesis.

Check the thread on “What is that vine doing to that waypoint?” Currently bottom of page 3, someone’s kindly put up a map of affected waypoints.

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Check the thread on “What is that vine doing to that waypoint?” Currently bottom of page 3, someone’s kindly put up a map of affected waypoints.

There is this http://abload.de/img/worldmap070914foeer.jpg from reddit.

As is said in the other post, the flickering ones aren’t flickering anymore.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So attack the one as far away from him as possible? When all the homes for the Ordes are on the way? Sorry that makes even less sence. Also you did not address my point of HOW HE KNOWS ZHITAN IS DEAD. When he’s been asleep the whole time.

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. Yes, he’s been asleep, but he seems to have been at least semi-coherent recently. It is plausible that he could have gained this information from Scarlet’s mind. What she knows, he now knows sort of thing. We don’t know if the communication went both ways, or if she could only hear him. The same could then be taken into consideration of Aerin. If Mordy knew what Scarlet knew, could he also know what Aerin knew? Of course this is dependent on it actually being Mordy in their heads (I know someone’s going to tell me it’s not, but we don’t know either way) and if the communication was not simply one sided.

My only problem with the mind reading thing is that Modri is a Dragon and Scarlet was. Silyvai. They are two different kinds of animal. As far as we know our thought patterns are completely different to that of a dog. And if I could read a dogs mind, that would not mean I could understand his thoughts or that he could understand mine. Now if there race turn out to be minions of Mordi then fair play it would make sence for him to be able to read there thoughts.

But again the attack on Concordia makes no sence since they go past every Order HQ on the way.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. Yes, he’s been asleep, but he seems to have been at least semi-coherent recently. It is plausible that he could have gained this information from Scarlet’s mind. What she knows, he now knows sort of thing. We don’t know if the communication went both ways, or if she could only hear him. The same could then be taken into consideration of Aerin. If Mordy knew what Scarlet knew, could he also know what Aerin knew? Of course this is dependent on it actually being Mordy in their heads (I know someone’s going to tell me it’s not, but we don’t know either way) and if the communication was not simply one sided.

My only problem with the mind reading thing is that Modri is a Dragon and Scarlet was. Silyvai. They are two different kinds of animal. As far as we know our thought patterns are completely different to that of a dog. And if I could read a dogs mind, that would not mean I could understand his thoughts or that he could understand mine. Now if there race turn out to be minions of Mordi then fair play it would make sence for him to be able to read there thoughts.

But again the attack on Concordia makes no sence since they go past every Order HQ on the way.

We already have precedent for dragons communicating telepathically. Glint was a dragon, perhaps not exactly like the Elder Dragons, but a dragon none the less. She communicated mind to mind with the dwarves…. which were not dragons. It’s likely she communicated that way with the first Zephyrites, which again, were not dragons. The game references that Zaihtan knew everything his minions knew once he seized them at death, and the majority of those aren’t dragons. Based upon that, the fact that he’s in their heads tends to lend to the belief that it wasn’t completely one sided. In some of the scenes with Scarlet talking to herself, it did sound like she was having an an actual conversation with someone we could not see.

Scarlet Briar: Ever since I came out of Omadd’s machine, you’ve been taking credit for my ideas. They are mine! Not yours.
Scarlet Briar: Let me be clear. I’m not doing this for you; I’m doing it for me. Nobody tells me what to do. Not ever.
Scarlet Briar: It’s not true. None of it. I don’t have to listen to you. Get out of my head!

I’m on the fence about the attack on Concordia. Timberline Falls seems a ways out there. However, those vines are going somewhere. We’ll just have to keep following their path of waypoints.

Edit: Dogs don’t speak the same language we do either. In the game, we all speak the same tongue, the language barrier doesn’t necessarily exist.

in Living World

Posted by: Avaruu.5408

Avaruu.5408

In regards to Mordremoth knowing that Zhaitan is dead, even if he didn’t discern that info from Scarlet’s mind (or someone else’s), I have a hard time imagining that one of the most ancient, primal forces of the planet working in tandem with the others (obviously the dragons don’t like each other, but it seems like they’d rather eat magic and go back to sleep) wouldn’t notice it when one of those forces is completely destroyed.

I think Aerin (whatever that sylvari guy’s name was in the Dry Top story) also was ‘talking’ with Mordremoth. I figure it’s not a real conversation so much as the dragon’s influence hitting them, their commands hitting the sylvaris’ minds, like Old Gods I guess. If Zhaitan can see through his corrupted servants, Mord probably can too.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

We already have precedent for dragons communicating telepathically. Glint was a dragon, perhaps not exactly like the Elder Dragons, but a dragon none the less. She communicated mind to mind with the dwarves…. which were not dragons. It’s likely she communicated that way with the first Zephyrites, which again, were not dragons. The game references that Zaihtan knew everything his minions knew once he seized them at death, and the majority of those aren’t dragons. Based upon that, the fact that he’s in their heads tends to lend to the belief that it wasn’t completely one sided. In some of the scenes with Scarlet talking to herself, it did sound like she was having an an actual conversation with someone we could not see.

Scarlet Briar: Ever since I came out of Omadd’s machine, you’ve been taking credit for my ideas. They are mine! Not yours.
Scarlet Briar: Let me be clear. I’m not doing this for you; I’m doing it for me. Nobody tells me what to do. Not ever.
Scarlet Briar: It’s not true. None of it. I don’t have to listen to you. Get out of my head!

I’m on the fence about the attack on Concordia. Timberline Falls seems a ways out there. However, those vines are going somewhere. We’ll just have to keep following their path of waypoints.

Edit: Dogs don’t speak the same language we do either. In the game, we all speak the same tongue, the language barrier doesn’t necessarily exist.

But glint had been around the young races for a long time. And we don’t know how if glint learned how to communicate with us or if she just could. Also I said it would make sence for a thrall or minion of the dragon to have a link as they are no longer who they where. It is also said ingame that the risen retain no knowledge of who they where.

As for who scarlet was talking to we do not know. She may have just been mad as a bag of spiders, or it could have been The Nightmare, another Tree, the Muerrsat or indeed Modri. There is no proof that it is Modri 100%. People are just claiming it is to fit there theories. Until it is stated in game that it is Mordi, I’m not going to assume anything.

My problem with Concordia is where it is. There are a load of Zones on the way that are not under attack from dragon forces. The only forces now that are active for a story point of view are Jormags in the Northern Shiver Peaks and The Crytal Dragon in Ascalon(I forget how to spell his name). The nearest front is far away and with the pact forces there Mordi could have just rolled everything from Drytop to LA. It just don’t make any sence unless he wats to outflank the pact, but then it makes no sence dew to the HQ’s remaining intact.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. Yes, he’s been asleep, but he seems to have been at least semi-coherent recently. It is plausible that he could have gained this information from Scarlet’s mind. What she knows, he now knows sort of thing. We don’t know if the communication went both ways, or if she could only hear him.

That left me wondering why you were discussing something with your husband when he’s been asleep and semi-coherent, and how he could’ve gained that information from Scarlet’s mind in the first place…

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. Yes, he’s been asleep, but he seems to have been at least semi-coherent recently. It is plausible that he could have gained this information from Scarlet’s mind. What she knows, he now knows sort of thing. We don’t know if the communication went both ways, or if she could only hear him.

That left me wondering why you were discussing something with your husband when he’s been asleep and semi-coherent, and how he could’ve gained that information from Scarlet’s mind in the first place…

“he’s been asleep”, referring to Mordremoth, not her husband.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

But glint had been around the young races for a long time. And we don’t know how if glint learned how to communicate with us or if she just could. Also I said it would make sence for a thrall or minion of the dragon to have a link as they are no longer who they where. It is also said ingame that the risen retain no knowledge of who they where.

Admittedly there is a lot we don’t know, but obviously he can communicate enough to make these characters do what he desires them to do. That implies a relative level of understanding on his part.

As for who scarlet was talking to we do not know. She may have just been mad as a bag of spiders, or it could have been The Nightmare, another Tree, the Muerrsat or indeed Modri. There is no proof that it is Modri 100%. People are just claiming it is to fit there theories. Until it is stated in game that it is Mordi, I’m not going to assume anything.

You’re right we don’t know. As someone threw out in another thread it could Menzies or even Kanaxai. However, then you wonder, what entity, and for what reason, would desire the awakening of an Elder Dragon?

Considering the human gods can’t touch the world, I think we can rule them out. I can’t come up with any logical reason any of the other options would desire the outcome Scarlet gave us.

If it’s another tree talking to her, or even Nightmare, and it shoved her into taking the steps to awake Mordi, wouldn’t that imply that they are in fact wayward minions?

Mordi being the one in their heads makes sense logically, but I guess we wait and see on that front.

It could be she was simply as mad as a bag of spiders as you put it. And apparently it was contagious, because Aerin seems to have caught it too.

My problem with Concordia is where it is. There are a load of Zones on the way that are not under attack from dragon forces. The only forces now that are active for a story point of view are Jormags in the Northern Shiver Peaks and The Crytal Dragon in Ascalon(I forget how to spell his name). The nearest front is far away and with the pact forces there Mordi could have just rolled everything from Drytop to LA. It just don’t make any sence unless he wats to outflank the pact, but then it makes no sence dew to the HQ’s remaining intact.

Yes the HQs are still there (although they took a beating in the personal story), but how much of their force remains there? With the creation of the pact, how relevant are the HQs at the present time? The general consensus is under the impression that he’s lashing out at the pact as a preemptive measure. He perceives it as a threat and he’s neutralizing it (or attempting to). That implies a level of intelligence on his part. The thorns have been seemingly crawling their way across the map for days now (currently eastern side of Kessex), so it seems like they are headed that way.

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“he’s been asleep”, referring to Mordremoth, not her husband.

I went back and fixed. That’s what I get for trying to get all thought’s out of my head before they go poof, haha.

Thanks for the chuckle guys.

Edit: Admittedly, I do try talking to my husband when he’s not completely coherent either. Get’s me equally as far lol…

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Mordy also knows of the pale tree or scarlet wouldnt of had the vision of the pale tree being choked by mordys vines but ik ik he was asleep theres no way he knows of the syvari either!!!!!!! Gasp!! gasp!! of course the elder dragons know whats going on in their world they are basically gods, even in slumber nothings gonna happen without them knowing about it, they have lived for so long for a reason

in Living World

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Admittedly there is a lot we don’t know, but obviously he can communicate enough to make these characters do what he desires them to do. That implies a relative level of understanding on his part.

You’re right we don’t know. As someone threw out in another thread it could Menzies or even Kanaxai. However, then you wonder, what entity, and for what reason, would desire the awakening of an Elder Dragon?

Considering the human gods can’t touch the world, I think we can rule them out. I can’t come up with any logical reason any of the other options would desire the outcome Scarlet gave us.

If it’s another tree talking to her, or even Nightmare, and it shoved her into taking the steps to awake Mordi, wouldn’t that imply that they are in fact wayward minions?

Mordi being the one in their heads makes sense logically, but I guess we wait and see on that front.

It could be she was simply as mad as a bag of spiders as you put it. And apparently it was contagious, because Aerin seems to have caught it too.

Yes the HQs are still there (although they took a beating in the personal story), but how much of their force remains there? With the creation of the pact, how relevant are the HQs at the present time? The general consensus is under the impression that he’s lashing out at the pact as a preemptive measure. He perceives it as a threat and he’s neutralizing it (or attempting to). That implies a level of intelligence on his part. The thorns have been seemingly crawling their way across the map for days now (currently eastern side of Kessex), so it seems like they are headed that way.

I’m beginning to think that Mordi’s influence on Sylvari and the Nightmare are the same thing. If that were the case, it would mean that he would know what the nightmare court knows.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

The three Ordes have not stopped being what they where. There HQ’s are still very important as places of knowledge, to train new members. Some where to plan battles. The pact formed to take down Zhitan. Out side of Orr, it’s safe to say they still so there own thing as shown with the fall of LA.

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m beginning to think that Mordi’s influence on Sylvari and the Nightmare are the same thing. If that were the case, it would mean that he would know what the nightmare court knows.

Had that thought too. wasn’t going to suggest it though. Getting tired of being told that Mordi and the Sylvari are not connected. In any way, shape, or form. for x, y, and z reasons. (Can you tell I’ve had that discussion a few times?)

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The three Ordes have not stopped being what they where. There HQ’s are still very important as places of knowledge, to train new members. Some where to plan battles. The pact formed to take down Zhitan. Out side of Orr, it’s safe to say they still so there own thing as shown with the fall of LA.

The HQs are places of knowledge, and a place to train recruits, true. Where do those recruits go when they are done? The Pact has not dissolved just because it slew Zhaitan. It’s bases are places where those combined forces can gather, and likely do.

I’m not arguing that striking at the HQs would not be a sound decision; however, it is equally sound to strike at the body rather than at the multiple heads if one can only afford a single strike. Different generals have different tactics. Obviously this one seems to think the Pact as a whole is more dangerous than the individual leaders of the orders (considering the “whole” took out his kin, not any one individually). We can only speculate.

Besides, it gives them a means of bringing the pact, and as such your order, back into the story.

in Living World

munkiman.3068

I’m pretty much of the mind that Mordy is the only ED that can corrupt Sylvari. It’d be a tough sell to tell all the players that their PC is an elder dragon minion.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

The HQs are places of knowledge, and a place to train recruits, true. Where do those recruits go when they are done? The Pact has not dissolved just because it slew Zhaitan. It’s bases are places where those combined forces can gather, and likely do.

I’m not arguing that striking at the HQs would not be a sound decision; however, it is equally sound to strike at the body rather than at the multiple heads if one can only afford a single strike. Different generals have different tactics. Obviously this one seems to think the Pact as a whole is more dangerous than the individual leaders of the orders (considering the “whole” took out his kin, not any one individually). We can only speculate.

Besides, it gives them a means of bringing the pact, and as such your order, back into the story.

I understand the attack on Concordia from a story telling point as it was the birthplace of the Pact. But it’s a base nowhere near a frontline. So it’s probably just got a token troop compliment. With the gates at fort trinity to the HQ’s there is little need for the forts in uncontested areas. If Mordi wanted to do damage he’d be better off attacking Trinity. That it the pact HQ after all.

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I understand the attack on Concordia from a story telling point as it was the birthplace of the Pact. But it’s a base nowhere near a frontline. So it’s probably just got a token troop compliment. With the gates at fort trinity to the HQ’s there is little need for the forts in uncontested areas. If Mordi wanted to do damage he’d be better off attacking Trinity. That it the pact HQ after all.

Don’t know. Until they give us some story behind it, can only speculate. Maybe he can’t reach all the way into Straights for some reason.

shrug

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Don’t know. Until they give us some story behind it, can only speculate. Maybe he can’t reach all the way into Straights for some reason.

shrug

But he can reach under 2 mountain ranges of the Shiver Peaks no less. But yeah I just hope there is a really good resin.

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

There is this http://abload.de/img/worldmap070914foeer.jpg from reddit.

As is said in the other post, the flickering ones aren’t flickering anymore.

So that makes me think the Tengu to the west of Lion’s Arch are about to get drawn into the Season – assuming they have WP’s in there, I can see the vines spread to them next.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’ve got another idea.

We know that Scarlet used the Breachmaker to direct a surge of energy from the ley-line to Mordremoths sleeping place. I am wondering if redirecting the flow of magic in the ley-line did not cause it to become permanently connected to Mordremoth. This could potentially allow him to feed on a much more rapid rate than he did.

My guess is that Mordremoth has not awakended yet, he is in a sort of pre-awakening state, and needs more magic to do so. As a dragon connected with plants, he might be using the vines as a root system to suck on magic from every major source (much like Mouths of Zhaitan). Or this might be a sign that a major branch of the ley-line became somewhat corrupted by Mordremoth linked to it.

don’t see this being it either, it goes against scarlets vision/her motive of doing everything she did, if she wanted the pale tree choked by vines she wouldnt prolong mordys awakening, plus the vines isnt just sucking up random magical energy, they ATTACK the pact directly knowing what happened to zhaiten, mordy didnt take any chances of getting pewed pewed, ur theory would hold if it wasnt for the strategized attack against the pact

And how do you propose Mordi knows what happened to Zhitan? Did he leave Mordi a voice mail? As far as we know Mordi has been asleep till scarlet woke him up.

Mord has been in Scarlet’s mind, it’s pretty safe to assume she knows about Zhaitan’s death unless you’re seriously gonna tell me news like that doesn’t spread fast. Anything Scarlet knew, so did Mord.

in Living World

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

It would be hilarious if they truly did that.

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

My son threw this one at me related to that map above:

The bottom path of the vines head to Thaumanova Reactor whose magical energy is fueling the top path’s trek across Tyria.

in Living World

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Had that thought too. wasn’t going to suggest it though. Getting tired of being told that Mordi and the Sylvari are not connected. In any way, shape, or form. for x, y, and z reasons. (Can you tell I’ve had that discussion a few times?)

Heh sounds like it. Perhaps there are solid reasons why it isn’t possible, but it would still make sense and be interesting to me if the nightmare was Mord’s influence and the dream was Melandru’s.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I’ve got another idea.

We know that Scarlet used the Breachmaker to direct a surge of energy from the ley-line to Mordremoths sleeping place. I am wondering if redirecting the flow of magic in the ley-line did not cause it to become permanently connected to Mordremoth. This could potentially allow him to feed on a much more rapid rate than he did.

My guess is that Mordremoth has not awakended yet, he is in a sort of pre-awakening state, and needs more magic to do so. As a dragon connected with plants, he might be using the vines as a root system to suck on magic from every major source (much like Mouths of Zhaitan). Or this might be a sign that a major branch of the ley-line became somewhat corrupted by Mordremoth linked to it.

don’t see this being it either, it goes against scarlets vision/her motive of doing everything she did, if she wanted the pale tree choked by vines she wouldnt prolong mordys awakening, plus the vines isnt just sucking up random magical energy, they ATTACK the pact directly knowing what happened to zhaiten, mordy didnt take any chances of getting pewed pewed, ur theory would hold if it wasnt for the strategized attack against the pact

And how do you propose Mordi knows what happened to Zhitan? Did he leave Mordi a voice mail? As far as we know Mordi has been asleep till scarlet woke him up.

Mord has been in Scarlet’s mind, it’s pretty safe to assume she knows about Zhaitan’s death unless you’re seriously gonna tell me news like that doesn’t spread fast. Anything Scarlet knew, so did Mord.

That and it was described in the story as being the case for Zhaitan. All of the dragons minions and champions act as conduits for reconnaissance. Not only in assimilating the individual does a dragon learn who they are but also what they know. We also don’t know how long Mord has been active while asleep, as he was only awoken recently but clearly Scarlet had been under his influence (whether sylvari are minions or not) for some time prior.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve got another idea.

That and it was described in the story as being the case for Zhaitan. All of the dragons minions and champions act as conduits for reconnaissance. Not only in assimilating the individual does a dragon learn who they are but also what they know. We also don’t know how long Mord has been active while asleep, as he was only awoken recently but clearly Scarlet had been under his influence (whether sylvari are minions or not) for some time prior.

We do not know if it was Mordi. People keep moaning this with zero evidance to back it up. It’s best guess work. As I said in an earlier post, the voices could be anything. From her just being nuts. To it acutely being Mordi. We do not know. So just saying yeah it’s because he can read her mind is not an answer it’s a guess.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We do not know if it was Mordi. People keep moaning this with zero evidance to back it up. It’s best guess work. As I said in an earlier post, the voices could be anything. From her just being nuts. To it acutely being Mordi. We do not know. So just saying yeah it’s because he can read her mind is not an answer it’s a guess.

How likely is it that two completely unrelated Sylvari would turn up with more or less the exact same symptoms just from “being nuts”?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

How likely is it that two completely unrelated Sylvari would turn up with more or less the exact same symptoms just from “being nuts”?

And what else could be causing “Jungle corruption” meaning widespread, dangerous vines and ‘overgrown’ plant creatures. CERTAINLY NOT THE JUNGLE DRAGON I suppose.

At this point, the MOST LIKELY source is Mordi. What else could be causing widespread vines? Aerin’s fights involve plant creatures and vines popping up to hinder the players as he flees.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I’ve got another idea.

Then why was the breach maker only able to address the jungle dragon when it was only a rumor to exist?

And when she says she sees the pale tree being strangled by a vine, isn’t it odd that vines are appearing in droves in Tangle Root. You’re telling me they have no correlation.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve got another idea.

Then why was the breach maker only able to address the jungle dragon when it was only a rumor to exist?

And when she says she sees the pale tree being strangled by a vine, isn’t it odd that vines are appearing in droves in Tangle Root. You’re telling me they have no correlation.

The Breach Maker cut off Mordi’s food supply. Surly he would not want his food cut off. So it could be someone who wants to stop Mordi. Even all the dragons. Just has another way to go about it. Now the vines are spreading out to keep feeding Mordi. Scarlet seems to hate the tree, so she could have done it knowing during the fall out Mordi would kill the tree.

Nothing scarlet did aided Mordi in anyway. So if it was him in her head I’m sure he would have done something far more beneficial like have her army take out the pact. Look at the story of guild wars. We thought the big bad where the Murssat. It turns out the big bad where the Titans. And we where the ones having our strings pulled. What if there is something out there worse than the dragons and where pulling scarlets strings.

Just think about it instead of blindly saying it’s Mordi.

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This is highly unlikely, but something that just came to mind when reading this article and them calling the device a coffin.
I know that Anet has said that Scarlet is dead, but what if the coffin or whatever that device is (I’ve seen it called a coffin a few times now) is really a cloning chamber? That way Scarlet/Caera(pretty sure thats not the right spelling) could come back, but would not really be “Scarlet”.

(And no, I don’t really want Scarlet to come back)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Ronin.7381

-snip-

You’re dodging the the issue I brought up:

Ronin

What information do you have that suggests your claim, otherwise I could just as easily excuse your skepticism for blindness.

The Breach Maker cut off Mordi’s food supply.

Oh, so is he a herbivore or carnivorous? Maybe he’s going to decide to go on a diet. I’m curious, did you ask him?

Surly he would not want his food cut off. So it could be someone who wants to stop Mordi

Well Caera started out determined to meet the threat that haunted her dreams, strangling the Pale Tree with vines. There’s no question that at some point she may have sought to fight the battle herself and save her people from this threat as it was quite clear that it was targeting the Pale Tree. Much how, despite being corrupted, Kellach wanted to protect Kryta above all else. It was her Wyld Hunt just as Traehern saw his purpose in Orr, Scarlet wanted to pursue knowledge to scrounge up anything she could against this veiled threat – which ultimately lead to her insanity.

And yet in the end, in the aftermath of that same Breach Maker that she constructed – Mordremoth awakens.

Scarlet seems to hate the tree, so she could have done it knowing during the fall out Mordi would kill the tree.

Where do you draw this conclusion that she harbors any hatred towards the Pale Tree? She was, prior to going insane, in the pursuit of knowledge in all things. Ignoring the Pale Tree’s plea to cease and desist doesn’t equate to despising the tree, all she wanted was to forge her own path and not at the expense of the Pale Tree. Based on the research of Season 1 she started out hopeful and that’s where the whole discarding her name, Caera, and being known as Scarlet comes into play. After she entered that machine, she became insane and in doing so donned a new persona.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The Breach Maker cut off Mordi’s food supply. Surly he would not want his food cut off. So it could be someone who wants to stop Mordi. Even all the dragons. Just has another way to go about it. Now the vines are spreading out to keep feeding Mordi. Scarlet seems to hate the tree, so she could have done it knowing during the fall out Mordi would kill the tree.

Just think about it instead of blindly saying it’s Mordi.

Yes, because cutting off the ley-line to him is what caused the thing to GLOW BRIGHT BLUE, so bright it’s visible through the EARTH, and surge at him.

No, What the breachmaker did was either block it so it ONLY flowed to Mordi, or blocked it briefly causing it to surge outside, like plugging a river and then having the kitten break (Like LOTr two towers the ents breaking the dam in the movie :P)

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t we know two things about dragons so far:

1- They absorbed magic up until there was no more and went to slumber

2- Their champions/lieutenants (wtv u wanna call em) supposedly gather magic to help them awaken.

If those two are correct (and from what I’ve known before they are but I could be mistaken), then it would make sense that what Scarlet did was create a surge of magic from the ley lines towards Mordy to awaken him earlier than what was supposed to happen. Basically she did what a dragon champion was supposed to do which is feed the Elder Dragon magic in order to awaken him.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Invidia.9074

Invidia.9074

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

SO ITS GODZILLA!!!!!!’ GASPS

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Probably one of those creatures that_shaman uncovered. Cool!

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Looks like mordy to me

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

What creatures might you be talking about?

in Living World

munkiman.3068

What creatures might you be talking about?

He said he’s saving that one for last. Last time i posted a link to a spoiler i got a slap. Google that_shaman and look for his posts on reddit. He’s done 3 renders of the new models he found in the dat file.

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

How do u know they’re in tact? Just b/c they didn’t show it in the trailer, it don’t mean they’ve not been hit.

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

It is near fresh water though, as is a good portion of the path chosen by the vines.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Assuming its the same villain behind Scarlet and Aerin, Mordremoth is hardly the only explanation. Others I have heard proposed as the entity include Menzies the Mad, Lazarus the Dire, a Steam Brain, and even Abaddon.