SPOILER: The Big Hero

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

You know what really makes me feel heroic? Helping people rob small, terrified, crippled children.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

At first I thought about flagging this, and then realized you were talking about Taimi.

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

We’re not just helping “people” rob a small, terrified, crippled child, we’re helping the most unlikable person in all of Tyria rob a small, terrified, crippled child…a guy who makes Big Nose Ted seem affable by comparison. Where was the "[bleep] off, you’re not touching her stuff.] dialogue option?

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

We’re not just helping “people” rob a small, terrified, crippled child, we’re helping the most unlikable person in all of Tyria rob a small, terrified, crippled child…a guy who makes Big Nose Ted seem affable by comparison. Where was the "[bleep] off, you’re not touching her stuff.] dialogue option?

The entire time I did that mission I was like “This guy could really use a fireball to the crotch”

in Living World

Posted by: Puddingskins.8412

Puddingskins.8412

I have to wonder if I wouldn’t act the same way Phlunt does if I had to deal with young Asura on a daily basis.

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

The entire time I did that mission I was like “This guy could really use a fireball to the crotch”

I wanted a ferocity response along the lines of “Your HEAD will be attending the summit. If you want it to still be attached to the rest of you, I suggest you start walking it over there right NOW.”

in Living World

Posted by: Jagerstripe.6142

Jagerstripe.6142

played everything as a brute, why are we now forced to play a alignment that does not fit how I became pact commander?

all the new content makes you change your views just to move on, it’s all crap

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

She’s terrified because someone (read: you and the biconics) brought her into hostile territory when she should be in the safety of Rata Sum like other asuran children. She’s terrified because in her immaturity and selfishness she ran off on her own in hostile territory without any thought to her own safety or the inconvenience chasing after her would cause important people with better things to do who now have to do the same. Seriously, people are dieing, Mordremoth is destroying forts and threatening the whole world. We just did a field trip through the desert – risking out lives – because Taimi doesn’t want to hand over her device?

If someone like Taimi, with no background on waypoint knowledge was able to identify a solution to the problem the moment she was made aware of the problem, I’m sure the asura that created the waypoints, that maintain them every day, that construct them or find ways to make them more efficient, I’m sure they could have solved this problem. Taimi might be a genius, but so is her entire race.

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

She’s terrified because in her immaturity and selfishness she ran off on her own in hostile territory without any thought to her own safety or the inconvenience chasing after her would cause important people with better things to do who now have to do the same.

She ran off because the people who promised to protector her, for some inexplicable reason, were suddenly siding with the people she needed to be protected from.

Seriously, people are dieing, Mordremoth is destroying forts and threatening the whole world. We just did a field trip through the desert – risking out lives – because Taimi doesn’t want to hand over her device?

So we try to convince her to turn the device over voluntarily. But we also make it clear that until she does, anyone who thinks they can take it by force will have to go through us first.

I’m sure the asura that created the waypoints, that maintain them every day, that construct them or find ways to make them more efficient, I’m sure they could have solved this problem.

You’d think they could. But none of them did, so either they couldn’t or they wouldn’t. So whether it is actually ability or just vision and will that allowed Taimi to do so, she has something no other Asura appears to have.

in Living World

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

I wanted a ferocity response along the lines of “Your HEAD will be attending the summit. If you want it to still be attached to the rest of you, I suggest you start walking it over there right NOW.”

+10 to this. Totally wanted to kill them over helping them

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

I kind of hoped that Phlunt the Thieving kitten would die in the assault… Alas…no such luck.

At times like these I really hate not having the option to say whatever I want. Hell even a Ferocious response would be fine …and my norn is full NOBLE !

Just wanted to kick that guys head in or let him get eaten by Mordremoth.

(edited by Wowlock.8176)

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I know I say this often, but.
This is why we can’t have nice things.
And this is why Anet keeps butchering the writting quality over and over.

Dah poor guuuurl! She doesn’t want to give her discovery away so we can save the world! Why can’t we murder political relationships with Rata Sum to please the unsupervised child that almost got kitten murdered for being too moronic to realize running into inquest territory on her own may cause damage?!

And that’s exactly why none of you get choices.

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

She’s terrified because in her immaturity and selfishness she ran off on her own in hostile territory without any thought to her own safety or the inconvenience chasing after her would cause important people with better things to do who now have to do the same.

She ran off because the people who promised to protector her, for some inexplicable reason, were suddenly siding with the people she needed to be protected from.

Seriously, people are dieing, Mordremoth is destroying forts and threatening the whole world. We just did a field trip through the desert – risking out lives – because Taimi doesn’t want to hand over her device?

So we try to convince her to turn the device over voluntarily. But we also make it clear that until she does, anyone who thinks they can take it by force will have to go through us first.

I’m sure the asura that created the waypoints, that maintain them every day, that construct them or find ways to make them more efficient, I’m sure they could have solved this problem.

You’d think they could. But none of them did, so either they couldn’t or they wouldn’t. So whether it is actually ability or just vision and will that allowed Taimi to do so, she has something no other Asura appears to have.

1) I don’t recall anyone in our group promising to protect her (possibly Braham, but I don’t remember him ever saying that), She may have been being taken advantage of but she wasn’t in physical danger until she put herself in that situation (running away alone in dangerous mostly uncharted wilderness, which has an army of dragon minons wandering through it, and regular sandstorms was a rash decision). She is taken on as a member of the group, not as extra baggage that we must defend…

2) I don’t know about this, she is Jory’s friend and she met Belinda, so she knew the effect of her actions, the deaths caused by mordremoth couldn’t be so impersonal to her. She may be very intelligent but her actions in this case seemed to show a lack of maturity (not for her age, but in comparison to her peers), and a bit of selfishness.

3) Since this device took her about 4 weeks(?) to get up and running, since anet has said that tyrian time moves at the same speed as our world. That is an pretty impressive feat to fix a major issue with the fastest means of transportation on the continent.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Children that are building machinery that’s capable of affecting global security should definitely never be supervised and taking their doomsday devices away is just mean.

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

Children that are building machinery that’s capable of affecting global security should definitely never be supervised and taking their doomsday devices away is just mean.

And the old thieving asura who after seeing all the threat that Mordrem presents , still acting as a moron and keep trying to back out of his promise until you have to remind him that his race almost got wiped out because of the same attitude. All the while trying to steal the credit of Taimi who actually do something about the threat.

Guess who I am gonna trust with that device ? Certain not selfish morons like Phlunt.

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

No, immature brats are indeed always the best choice, there can be no question. I’ll take a good tantrum over some baddy bad authority any day.

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

She doesn’t want to give her discovery away so we can save the world!

How was taking Taimi’s invention away necessary to save the world?

in Living World

Anmida.4058

She doesn’t want to give her discovery away so we can save the world!

How was taking Taimi’s invention away necessary to save the world?

I take it you are the kind that doesn’t read any of the comments whatsoever?
Denying Rata Sum’s councillor a claim of ownership over a Rata Sum progeny’s project is like going to a foreign country’s local authorities and slapping a minister from taking a random kid with no legal claim’s discovery for the betterment of their nation.

It doesn’t matter if it is immoral of him. Rata Sum’s legal cooperation runs through the support of the council; Denying the council Taimi’s discovery would literally make them not only remove their presence from negotiations, but pretty much shut down everything, even endagering asura gate functionality.

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Dah poor guuuurl! She doesn’t want to give her discovery away so we can save the world! Why can’t we murder political relationships with Rata Sum to please the unsupervised child that almost got kitten murdered for being too moronic to realize running into inquest territory on her own may cause damage?!

Stealing is wrong. Stealing from a child more so. There’s no right reason for doing the wrong thing. Ever.

in Living World

Anmida.4058

Stealing is wrong. Stealing from a child more so. There’s no right reason for doing the wrong thing. Ever.

These new influx of oddly behaved people into the forums make it hard for me to discern if you are actually being serious, but I am hoping you are just joking along.
Really am.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

100% Ferocity character. I was ready to bite Taimi’s head off for almost getting herself, and ME, killed. Phlunt said he’d give the device back after she graduated, I just wanted the option to ask Phlunt’s absolute assurance that the device is her invention and would stay that way.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

> possible Personal Story SPOILER below <

See also: Ceera.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

You know what really makes me feel heroic? Helping people rob small, terrified, crippled children.

FOR GREATER GOOD! (Sarcasm)

in Living World

Posted by: Brannidus.4175

Brannidus.4175

Yeah I hated this. My character, being a 12 foot tall norn and weighing in at probably half a ton should have had an intimidate option. Something along the lines of “I am not an asura and do not have to follow your laws. I am taking the device. You can negotiate with Taimi for it after the summit.”

Then, I would hope he would refuse so I could literally stomp him into the ground.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I must agree. I wanted to hit him with my great sword followed by my axe, and every other weapon I was carrying at the time. Maybe we can kill him later? I wanted to kill him or at least hurt him a lot. My ideal happy ending would be him pinned to a wall by my great sword throught his face. But that’s just me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I have to wonder if I wouldn’t act the same way Phlunt does if I had to deal with young Asura on a daily basis.

I know I would. Even if I had to deal with adult asura on a daily basis. Why do you think they’re so cranky all the time? And why do you think Oola ran away from it all and trapped the bejeesus out of her labs?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

What if stealing from a child ensures you have quite possibly saved the lives of thousands of others, thousands of children? Therefore, if you don’t, you potentially condemn a great many of children to death. That would be the wrong thing, wouldn’kitten

Bigger picture. I don’t know about you, but I’d readily steal the candy from a little kid if it meant saving just one kid’s life. Or a device. She’ll make many more, and as far as Phlunt goes? He doesn’t seem all that sharp for an asura. I imagine it wouldn’t be that difficult to ruin him much later down the line when his support is no longer necessary.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

It’s a shame you can’t choose what to do here. Should’ve been all like “I can’t see any difference between you and the Inquest” and go ahead and splatter them on the walls.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

This is what’s called, “the lesser of two evils.” I too would love to show Phlunt the business end of my greatsword, however, he was the only member of the Asuran council willing to go to the summit. If we don’t play ball with him, we don’t get any Asuran support.

I don’t believe for second that he will give Taimi her device back. In fact, I’m quite sure he’ll even go as far as taking credit for creating it. Even with that bitter thought rattling around in my head, his involvement means we get to most technologically advanced race in our corner when we face off against the next elder dragon. Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices for the greater good. Taimi, as young as she is, came to understand that. Why do you guys have such a hard time grasping it?

I will say this though. If I had my way, I would stand exactly 1200 units away when Phlunt tells the council about the device. If he even tried so little as to claim he influenced Taimi to create her little toy, I’d shove a Spatial Surge down his throat so hard, he’d be farting ethereal butterflies for weeks!

On a more realistic side, I actually applaud Anet for putting this situation in the game instead of giving it a more rosy conclusion. It’s more realistic and fits with what we know about the Asura. It also shows that we can’t win every battle, some things can’t be solved by force and player characters aren’t god-like. Even we will enter realistic situations where the right choice isn’t the most glamorous one and we have to live with that.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This is what’s called, “the lesser of two evils.” I too would love to show Phlunt the business end of my greatsword, however, he was the only member of the Asuran council willing to go to the summit. If we don’t play ball with him, we don’t get any Asuran support.

I don’t believe for second that he will give Taimi her device back. In fact, I’m quite sure he’ll even go as far as taking credit for creating it. Even with that bitter thought rattling around in my head, his involvement means we get to most technologically advanced race in our corner when we face off against the next elder dragon. Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices for the greater good. Taimi, as young as she is, came to understand that. Why do you guys have such a hard time grasping it?

I will say this though. If I had my way, I would stand exactly 1200 units away when Phlunt tells the council about the device. If he even tried so little as to claim he influenced Taimi to create her little toy, I’d shove a Spatial Surge down his throat so hard, he’d be farting ethereal butterflies for weeks!

On a more realistic side, I actually applaud Anet for putting this situation in the game instead of giving it a more rosy conclusion. It’s more realistic and fits with what we know about the Asura. It also shows that we can’t win every battle, some things can’t be solved by force and player characters aren’t god-like. Even we will enter realistic situations where the right choice isn’t the most glamorous one and we have to live with that.

No one has a hard time grasping it. It just would have been nice to give him some attitude as an option. As it stands we just roll over and take it. We know it’s for the greater good, but it by no means, do we have to like it. The same resin we back up friends even when we know they are in the wrong or not 100% sure they are right. We are ment to be Timis friends. I just hope down the line we have a choice of saving him or someone else. I’ll so be saving he other person.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I would expect such behavior of discretely taking the credit from someone of the Inquest, although Asurans in general have this natural knack of being devious (probably comes along with the territory of being intelligent).

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

+10 to this. Totally wanted to kill them over helping them

More agency! But yeah giving us the option to either stand with Taimi and fight against Phlunt and his lackeys (and as such force them to go to the summit) or stand with Phlunt and then have things play out as they do now would have been a better.

Different strokes for different folks. That’s not the issue, the issue is the lack of choice and agency, even superficial choice such as a couple of different dialog options.

100% Ferocity character. I was ready to bite Taimi’s head off for almost getting herself, and ME, killed. Phlunt said he’d give the device back after she graduated, I just wanted the option to ask Phlunt’s absolute assurance that the device is her invention and would stay that way.

See we don’t necessarily need complicated branching missions, simply more dialog options would be sufficient in most of these sorts of cases.

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

Different strokes for different folks. That’s not the issue, the issue is the lack of choice and agency, even superficial choice such as a couple of different dialog options.

I’m completely over the lack of options in the PS/LS. Having no options has been a given for years, I’m not expecting much of that at all anymore. If they’d given options earlier, I wouldn’t have had the obnoxious brat around at all.

in Living World

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

100% this, minus the harshness on Taimi. I get where you’re coming from, but still. I sympathize with Taimi. I really do.

It’s her work. Not Phlunt’s. Asura society sucks like that.

Even though Taimi will one day get her device back when she graduates, Phlunt will get the accolades for being such a great teacher.

Even though he had zilch to do with her work on the WP normalizer she made. Taimi is the genius of this work. Not Phlunt.

That said it was necessary for her to give up this work for the greater good, and we absolutely cannot go spartan and kill the asuran ambassador.

That’s, for lack of a better term, madness. (Okay I could have said insanity, but, pun)

We’d completely destroy any hope of a united front against Mordremoth not to mention possibly incite a war against our PC’s race.

(Or a call for our death in kind, but that can’t happen for obvious reasons)

That would further weaken Tyria as a whole, or else the asura would almost certainly go xenophobe given that such a prolific hero deems asura as dispensable.

If nothing else, the asura care deeply about their people and they don’t take the loss lightly.

In general, you don’t murder a nations ambassador without severe repercussions. Not to mention (if you don’t care about anything else), we’d lose Taimi.

Phlunt is a necessary evil. He’s doing according to his peoples ways. He’s quite simply a traditional asura.

So the fact that he’s a jerky, snarky, opportunistic old foogie shouldn’t surprise anyone.

He’s a sleaze, but it’s not up to us to deal with his bad karma. And you never know. Today’s sleaze might be tomorrows repentant hero.

Or he’ll get eaten by Mordremoth or something. I dunno. I don’t wish that on him.

He’s certainly not a bad guy at present for the reasons you’ve mentioned. He’s just an unlikeable sort. Unlikeable people don’t deserve to die for that reason alone.
_

ETA: The writing in this story was great.

It was awesome IMO, I’m just elaborating on your thought with regards to peoples kneejerk reactions and adding some of my own thoughts.

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Phlunt did the smart thing. The wise thing. Taimi may be brilliant, but she’s still a progeny, and she’s still an asura, and that’s a potentially lethal combination if there ever was one. On more than one occasion she’s exhibited a disturbing tendency for impulsive behavior. We’ve all seen it. Letting her continue to tinker with that device – and you know she would – while completely unsupervised by anyone with any scientific knowledge whatsoever, would be irresponsible. Maybe even criminally negligent.

Phlunt may have just saved her – and us – heck, all of Tyria – from a death worse than fate.

/e salute Phlunt

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

I was spamming renegade but there was no renegade option.

Where’s shepard when you need her.

in Living World

Posted by: fantasy.8395

fantasy.8395

Some of you people in this topic make me very sick, not only do you justify phlunt’s actions you go as far to cheer him on as the hero.

While I agree children should be supervised within reason in the real world as most know no better, I can not for the life of me see how some of you are acting, my only conclusion is that some of you have jaded feelings against children in real world.

In no situation would I feel good allowing some old cruel npc like phlunt to steal and take credit for one of my npc friends just because they are considered too to young.

While taimi’s action were the actions of a child very much smart enough to know she was being taken advantage of never once did I feel what phlunt was doing was right.

Perhap’s you others have had children of your own or family that have children that been rude and spoiled, but in taimi case phlunt not only down talked her as if she was stupid but the moment he realized she had created something no one asura had created he was quick to claim owbnership of this creation of hers.

I can’t blame her for wanting to take what she created with her two hands and run. While rash to run out into unknown territory she didn’t want such a devious and cruel lying mistrustful asura like phlunt to have her device so he could take credit for it himself.

IT was only because of the GREATER good that she was forced in the end to give in, had there been a alternative option I would of taken it. Not once during the entire story dealing with phlunt and taimi did i feel heroic.

If anything phlunt reminded me of so many bullies and peers in my own life and I can say without a doubt that set my emotions aflame. I hope that the people in here that had jaded views never end up supervising my children nor do I think they realize how jaded they sound. I suppose some forget how piers and adults treated them at that age, mind you phlunt is not even taimi’s father, just a man of authority that is using his power on the council to his own advantages like so many politicians do in the real world. /sigh

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

Where does this idea that Phlunt is stealing and taking credit for anything come from? All I’m seeing is a responsible person (one of the very few in the entire game!) taking a very dangerous device from an irresponsible unsupervised minor. He’s not doing anything that anyone in his right mind wouldn’t do.

If anything, I’m sorry he didn’t take Taimi out of my hair and put her under someone’s guardianship, where she belongs, until she comes of age.

in Living World

fantasy.8395

Manasa Devil I am sorry you see it that way, while phlunt might give her device back at a later date, he already made quite clear how excited he was once he realized that the device work so much so he was quick to change his stipulations for joining the summit. Not only is that underhandedly devious, he also broke his original promise he made in part one so that he could claim credit for taimi’s invention.

People like him imagined or real life are the lowest of low in my book, I have had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting people just like him in real life and I can say as far as I am concerned that was he was doing was down right wrong and in my book stealing.

If you think that taimi is so dangerous than perhaps we should not have had her invent a device to save the waypoints, I mean I am certain you wouldn’t mind hufffing it from one end of the world to the other.

For me and other’s I saw great purpose in what she was doing and while annoying child like her insight and genius level knowledge helped a great deal in helping at lease from my perspective many of the interesting facts about Scarlet and Mordremoth during the second living story.

While you might not like her as I get the impression she is getting on your nerves, I however find her comforting she reminds me somewhat of some of my childhood memories and at the same time how cruel life can be when authority takes advantage of people both young and old.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

It just would have been nice to give him some attitude as an option.

Phlunt: “I’m demanding another stipulation.”

in Living World

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Welcome to Tyrian politics. Some days you kiss babies, others you have to steal their lollypops.

in Living World

Posted by: babislovesnatch.8706

babislovesnatch.8706

So much hostility for Taimi and most of it seems to stem from the fact of her age.
I want to remind you all that Taimi is an integral part of the team. Without her we never would have found the leyline hub, let alone survived getting inside of it with all the Inquest roaming about. The waypoints would have continued to draw the dragon and the system would have been compromised. Taimi was the one to offer a solution to the problem and her solutions worked. Throughout she was working for the greater good.
Taimi has had to make adult decisions in adult situations and from what I have seen she handles herself with an amount of maturity that I doubt any of us managed at the same age. That alone should qualify her as an adult. Not to mention her achievements that have had a worldwide effect, for the better
I fail to see why Taimi should not have been allowed to continue to work on and operate her device. I would have been okay with the Asuras wanting to supervise her, even assist. I was not okay with completely taking it away from an accomplished genius with the only knowledge of how exactly the machine works.
While I agree that running out was an extremely immature move I don’t think we should fault Taimi for her response. After all, as you all mentioned, she is still a child. She tried the adult way. She tried to talk to Phlunt, convince him to let her keep her machine. It was only when the mature avenues failed that she resorted to acting like a child. Yet, even after her outburst of emotion, in the end she still made the mature decision for the greater good instead of for her own good.

Besides, nothing makes an evil genius faster then a child genius who goes unrecognized for their accomplishments and belittled throughout their childhood simply because they are a child.

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

Taimi is only a part of the team because the story never gave me the chance to act like a normal person and keep children away from extremely violent enterprises.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

So much hostility for Taimi and most of it seems to stem from the fact of her age.
I want to remind you all that Taimi is an integral part of the team. Without her we never would have found the leyline hub, let alone survived getting inside of it…

She almost killed us to get inside her idol’s lab.

Rephrased: Our sister almost got us hit by a train for five non-front row seats to Justin Bieber’s concert.

in Living World

fantasy.8395

So much hate for taimi, seems clear some of the posters here hate children and have no respect for them even if they accomplish great things.

Shame that some people look down on others because of age, race, sex, or so forth, I personally think all the team I have work with in the story have their faults just not taimi, and for a child she sure acts more mature then some adults I know in real life.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Taimi is only a part of the team because the story never gave me the chance to act like a normal person and keep children away from extremely violent enterprises.

My understanding was that it would take time away from the Marionette. Arguing with her wouldn’t work and she’s inside a golem that could “disagree” with you.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Yes, exactly.

I do not hate or blame Taimi. After all, she is just a child and acts like one. A Genious child, but a child.

And I would definitely not let her play unsupervised with potential weapons of mass destruction.

The proper supervision of Taimi has to be from other Asura (even if I do not like Phlunt) that can understand what she is doing.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If it weren’t for her, you’d likely be walking everywhere right about now for lack of a WP system.

Several times (at least once or twice anyway) when Taimi first got introduced, your character did try to do the sensible thing and get her home. She interjected herself.

She escaped into the mists after the aetherblades. Think Braham took her on after Logan tried to get her home.

It can’t be helped. She’s not your average kid. And she’s incredibly helpful to boot. She’s in good company.

We do a pretty decent job of keeping her. Even Phlunt admits as much! I think Taimi’s a charming, fun character to share company with.

We’re not stupid. She came up with her brilliant device while with us; not at Rata Sum. That counts for something. And she’s not dead. In good health even!

Heroes 1, Rata Sum Killjoys 0 (+1 theft).

Rephrased: Our sister almost got us hit by a train for five non-front row seats to Justin Bieber’s concert.

Oh, come on. That’s not fair to Scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

ah don’t be so down. It is just Anet showing one of the down sides of real life.

If a person create some kind of advance technology that can threaten national security the government has all rights to take that technology away from that person.

Taimi is lucky her government doesn’t lock her up somewhere so they can use her to create more advance technology Asura around her age couldn’t create consider the Asura NPCs have talked about that back in Part 1.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sometimes you have to pay a price. I prefer robbing a rat than failing and getting nothing at all. World is cruel, sweet bear.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144