ambrite weapons

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

So i finally made the 1h sword and shield, but i was looking through the wiki and cant find any underwater amber weapons- are these weapon types just not available? and if not will they be added later?

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

So i finally made the 1h sword and shield, but i was looking through the wiki and cant find any underwater amber weapons- are these weapon types just not available? and if not will they be added later?

Some weapon skins don’t have underwater variants, possibly because they’re not very popular, and thus aren’t worth the resources to make. I THINK all the bltc weapon skins have underwater variants, but the “free” ones don’t, but I’d have to check to be sure.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Jade dragon skins have no underwater weapons either.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

The large majority of new weapon sets over the last year (and some even before that) have lacked underwater weapons. I actually thought they’d stopped all together over the last year, except for the aetherized nightmare set, which was a reskin anyway, but it looks like there have been a couple other exceptions—tormented a handful of months ago and dreamthistle several months before that.

I’ve always assumed that they just gave up on underwater content, at least for the time being. They’ve worked to remove it/minimize its importance in pvp and wvw, and it hardly shows up at all in new pve stuff. I think it’s a shame, but I might be biased: I made Kamohoali’i Kotaki. (I don’t regret it! I just wish I got to use it more.)

Without looking too hard to make sure I’m checking every set, here are some post-release sets that don’t have underwater weapons but are otherwise complete:

• ambrite
  • dragon’s jade
  • fused
  • super/king toad/storm wizard
  • ley line
  • lovestruck
  • phoenix
  • sclerite
  • sovereign
  • zodiac

Sets with underwater weapons:

• aetherized
  • aetherized nightmare
  • dreamthistle
  • fractal
  • tormented
  • zenith
Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Some weapon skins don’t have underwater variants, possibly because they’re not very popular, and thus aren’t worth the resources to make. I THINK all the bltc weapon skins have underwater variants, but the “free” ones don’t, but I’d have to check to be sure.

The only Black Lion weapon with underwater skins is Tormented.
Oh, apparently Dreamthistle, too.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

I hadn’t even thought to check the other sets for completion, I just assumed every set contained every weapon type- that’s interesting.
I hope they do in fact decide to add underwater amber weapons since the content is still relevent, and the skins are interesting enough to be creative with the design of them

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

but I might be biased: I made Kamohoali’i Kotaki. (I don’t regret it! I just wish I got to use it more.)

Frenzy High-Five

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

Ah, I was wrong about which ones had the underwater weapons, but I don’t think I’m wrong about the reasons.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Ah, I was wrong about which ones had the underwater weapons, but I don’t think I’m wrong about the reasons.

It would seem so, as I’ve heard in the past. Although I am seeing quite a number of underwater-related threads being created recently.
It’s the one part of the game I’ve very passionate about, so I have to remain level-headed.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Pretty sure the Tormented gear only got underwater weapons because it’s a set from GW1 that also featured a spear.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they tracked TP and vendor data and found that a very small group of people used tickets or bought water weps and decided it was enough to bother with the time it takes to design and model the gear.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

ambrite weapons

in Living World

One Note Chord.5031

but I might be biased: I made Kamohoali’i Kotaki. (I don’t regret it! I just wish I got to use it more.)

Frenzy High-Five

Woo! High-five!

Pretty sure the Tormented gear only got underwater weapons because it’s a set from GW1 that also featured a spear.

Yeah, that’s my guess about tormented weapons, too. For dreamthistle I dunno. Maybe because it was added with tower of nightmares, which had a little underwater stuff? Or someone just felt like it? shrug

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

I wouldn’t be surprised if they tracked TP and vendor data and found that a very small group of people used tickets or bought water weps and decided it was enough to bother with the time it takes to design and model the gear.

There is no Dreamthistle Spear on the Trading Post.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

There is a spear, and a harpoon gun in the wardrobe for Dreamthistle.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

One Note Chord.5031

I think that Boneheart just meant that the spear seemed to be in high enough demand to exhaust the supply on the tp. (But that by itself doesn’t tell us much about how much demand there is for underwater skins, unfortunately.)

ambrite weapons

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

I think that Boneheart just meant that the spear seemed to be in high enough demand to exhaust the supply on the tp. (But that by itself doesn’t tell us much about how much demand there is for underwater skins, unfortunately.)

Maybe it was my pessimism, but I implied the demand was absent. Thus agreeing with the notion of ArenaNet not spending effort to construct future underwater weapons for Evon to sell.

ambrite weapons

in Living World

One Note Chord.5031

Maybe it was my pessimism, but I implied the demand was absent. Thus agreeing with the notion of ArenaNet not spending effort to construct future underwater weapons for Evon to sell.

Ah, my bad, I just thought you were being optimistic. I agree with the pessimistic view, sadly! (And I think the gw2spidy chart bears that pessimism out.)

(I do also think it’s within Anet’s power to increase demand. They just need to make more underwater content and make it consistently fun for every profession. But that’s a separate issue.)