Account bound legendaries? Please...?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

i would like if you could take a second to vote here on this poll about this topic: http://strawpoll.me/367799

So.. this has been discussed sooo many times! I think most people that OWN a legendary want it to be account bound and not soulbound.

I spent over 1k gold and 7 months on mine. But now… I can only use it on my necro and not thief. This limits my opportunities. I do realize i dont need my legendary, but i like it and i want to use it.

This is like you spent 7 months IRL working your kitten of to get alot of money, but everything you could spend the money on is clothes. Nothing else. Its stupid. Why limit the reward of hard work to one thing only?

Would it hurt if they became account bound? And now with the legendary rework, will they become account bound? Any Anet mod guy that can update me…?

(edited by ShadowMaster.5708)

Posted by: Zoh.5698

Zoh.5698

It would be nice if they made them account bound. Currently you can swap legendaries between characters by transmuting them with a white item to make them account bound and re-transmuting them with the desired stats, but there might be some issue with this after the patch given the new ability to change stats legendaries are going to get.

ShadowMaster.5708

It would be nice if they made them account bound. Currently you can swap legendaries between characters by transmuting them with a white item to make them account bound and re-transmuting them with the desired stats, but there might be some issue with this after the patch given the new ability to change stats legendaries are going to get.

Exactly… thats the problem. And the thing is.. Anet KNOWS that alot people do transmute their legendary (Well, i assume they do, since everyone keep saying they do so) so i dont see why they just make them account bound?

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Transmuting items makes them soulbound

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Not if you transmute to a white item. Then it becomes account bound.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Oh cool. Another totally not misleading tool tip.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

/signed
+fifteenchars

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Sooooo many thiefs transmuted their hoods to get it back after they accidently destroyed them :-D

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Sooooo many thiefs transmuted their hoods to get it back after they accidently destroyed them :-D

and rangers/engis stole thief hoods then mercilessly deleted the owner

… but +1 to this suggestion, id love to be able to use howler on my necro and ranger (when i get it of course >.> <.<)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Bump for great justice!

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Doubtful. People have already made 1000s of gold by selling them. They should have been account-bound from the beginning instead of sellable.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

It’s not going to happen, this game is not exactly alt friendly, so if this ever happens I will be shocked. Though I would like it to happen

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Doubtful. People have already made 1000s of gold by selling them. They should have been account-bound from the beginning instead of sellable.

I think the OP means the weapon should be “Account Bound once equipped” and not Soulbound when equipped.

This would still allow players to sell a legendary if they choose to do so.

Posted by: pepebart.5187

pepebart.5187

+1 to this.

i’ve got Bolt on my ranger but i want to use it on my new Thief

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I think the OP means the weapon should be “Account Bound once equipped” and not Soulbound when equipped.

This would still allow players to sell a legendary if they choose to do so.

That’s exactly what they meant, or maybe they meant simply accountbound period. They certainly stated they wished that their legendary could be used by more than just their necro

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

If the new ascended gear is account bound (ie. no profit from crafted gear), I don’t see why legendaries couldn’t/shouldn’t be as well.

That said, they (legendary weapons) should retain their account bound status even on use, just for convenience imo. After all equipping a legendary is worth (a useless) account medal too.

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

I think the mechanic to transmute onto a blue/white to make an item account bound was designed specifically for moving Legendaries between characters in a way profitable to Anet. I’m not sure this is something they would make “free.”

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I think the mechanic to transmute onto a blue/white to make an item account bound was designed specifically for moving Legendaries between characters in a way profitable to Anet. I’m not sure this is something they would make “free.”

Good point… It’d take 2 Fine Transmutation Stones to change a legendary’s owner. (one to get it “account bound” and then another to get it back to level 80 stats…)

However, this update does add a new screw into the mix: Presumably legendaries won’t be transmutable anymore. I mean, you can change the stat combo at will. Moreover, Ascended weapons won’t be able to do that. They’ll have a fixed stat combo.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Just make all stuff that are soul bound to account bound and stop the double farm on all the items FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Many people have expressed concern that transmuting a Legendary would put it in jeopardy of not being upgraded to best-in-slot whenever that vertically progresses (e.g. with Ascended weapons coming). So I’d be a bit wary of transmuting it before Ascended weapons actually appear in the game (and presumable your Legendaries are upgraded) or before a dev confirms you’ll be ok.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think they should be account-bound period.

Takes a casual player about 7 months to a year to make one (or, you don’t play the TP, you dont hardcore farm and you play a hour or 2 a day), so any arguments about how it would be unfair since lower tiered weapons aren’t account bound goes out of the window.

Why would a legendary weapon show up on the TP? Would you one day go to your local bazaar and then bam! Excalibur’s on sale at one of the stands?

Heck, just make a gemstore item which costs 100 gems and turns a Soulbound legendary or ascended weapon account bound. Anet gets their profit, players gets less frustration. Win-win

ShadowMaster.5708

I think they should be account-bound period.

Takes a casual player about 7 months to a year to make one (or, you don’t play the TP, you dont hardcore farm and you play a hour or 2 a day), so any arguments about how it would be unfair since lower tiered weapons aren’t account bound goes out of the window.

Why would a legendary weapon show up on the TP? Would you one day go to your local bazaar and then bam! Excalibur’s on sale at one of the stands?

Heck, just make a gemstore item which costs 100 gems and turns a Soulbound legendary or ascended weapon account bound. Anet gets their profit, players gets less frustration. Win-win

yea.. I used 7 months on mine and i have it on my necro.. but i would like to use it on my thief aswell….

Posted by: Ghanima.6503

Ghanima.6503

There should be nothing wrong with people swapping legendaries to different characters. Legendaries take are extremely long time to gather the materials, plus extreme luck to obtain the actual starter weapon (unless you somehow have 600g laying around).

So I think they should have legendaries as account wide. Although they certainly should still allow people to sell them on the Trading Post too, if they are not bound to the account. Because lets face it, some legendaries, people just don’t want, but would prefer another one.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I like to think of everything in game as mine, as the person who spent the time and money to do it in the real world. Not focus on the avatar or multiple avatars used during game play. Thus, everything should be account bound.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

I like to think of everything in game as mine, as the person who spent the time and money to do it in the real world. Not focus on the avatar or multiple avatars used during game play. Thus, everything should be account bound.

That certainly makes a lot of sense from a player’s point of view, but the reason it usually doesn’t work that way is because devs are trying to take items out of circulation as often as possible to prevent inflation. If everything was account bound you might have only a single item set at each tier and pass them around between characters as you level them, and at 80 you might have a few characters sharing the same sets. Now if you have 8 or more characters, that’s a lot of items you aren’t buying or making and those items and resources would just sit on the TP and become worthless (even more so than most of them already are).

That doesn’t really pertain to legendaries since they are so hard to get and there are so few of them in existence. Mechanically making them account bound would be fine. It’s just a matter of whether or not Anet wants to give up transmute sales for player convenience. The point was brought up before which I had forgotten about where they said you can click to change a legendary’s stats in the next patch, so they might not even be transmutable anymore and hopefully that means they will be account bound.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Signed for acc bound. It is a lot of effort just to be able to use it on a single character.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Came here to say they should make it account bound on use, but it’s already been said before

ShadowMaster.5708

What annoys me… Is that Anet wont talk about it. i have tried sending PM’s asking for a simple answer WHY it is soulbound to start with, and this has been discussed on the forums for a long time. Never ever seens an answer from Anet.

I simply reply on this topic would be so much appreciated. Every patch i have small hope they might have changed it, should i stop hoping?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Guilty.

Back at head start and before the introduction of the TP. I was getting all these super cool green items and thought I better save them due to not getting them often. Running out of bank space. Decided to delete my hood thinking there will be better or similar ones at higher levels. Biggest mistake ever.

Luckily there was this fall back.

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

All of my 80s can use my Sunrise, yes please.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Account bound, and non-tradable upon creation.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

account bound also please. i knew about transmuting them but i was scared that it will mess up the legendaries before so i didnt do it.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

ShadowMaster.5708

account bound also please. i knew about transmuting them but i was scared that it will mess up the legendaries before so i didnt do it.

Yea.. I will NEVER transmute my legendary. I wont take the risk. Even though some people say “It wont kitten it up bla bla!” and so on, i dont care… We don’t know 100% for sure, so it is a risk there

Posted by: Psycosi.4670

Psycosi.4670

Well with the new transmutation splitter that separates legendary’s from there transmuted item you will probably be able to use it on many chars.. no doubt for a cost.. i can see it now “Pack of 5 Transmutation Splitters: 250 gems”.

I would however like to see account bound legendary’s.. all legendary’s should always have been this due to the shear effort involved in making one.

ShadowMaster.5708

Well with the new transmutation splitter that separates legendary’s from there transmuted item you will probably be able to use it on many chars.. no doubt for a cost.. i can see it now “Pack of 5 Transmutation Splitters: 250 gems”.

I would however like to see account bound legendary’s.. all legendary’s should always have been this due to the shear effort involved in making one.

That would be 1 transmutation crystal and 1 splitter for each time you change it to another character. And with the current gem prices it will be many gold… And for someone who plays different characters each day its not an option…

Posted by: Psycosi.4670

Psycosi.4670

Yes it wouldn’t be a viable option due to costs, but it still wouldn’t surprise me to see them make an appearance on the TP.

I fully +1 Account Bound Legendary’s, however this would be a lvl80 account bound right.. youd still need to transmute if you wanted it on a <80 char

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

They should be “Account bound on use”. But players shouldn’t be allowed to sell legendary weapons anymore, legendary weapon crafting needs some effort. They buy gold from 3rd party sellers, then they get their legendary weapon in their hands instantly. What’s so legendary about it then ? Buying them with real money makes it so easy. If they don’t want to remove gold sellers from the game, at least they have to convert valued items to non-sellable items and make them require some gameplay effort for crafting process.

(edited by Umut.5471)

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

wtf is that poll? where’s the “they shouldn’t be bound” option? Biased much :/

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

They should be “Account bound on use”. But players shouldn’t be allowed to sell legendary weapons anymore, legendary weapon crafting needs some effort. They buy gold from 3rd party sellers, then they get their legendary weapon in their hands instantly. What’s so legendary about it then ? Buying them with real money makes it so easy. If they don’t want to remove gold sellers from the game, at least they have to convert valued items to non-sellable items and make them require some gameplay effort for crafting process.

People who buy gold will get banned, so they dont get to enjoy their instant-legendary much :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Honestly I don’t know why they don’t just make a wallet for legendaries.

Once you equip a legendary it enters the wallet. To be equipped on any character on the account. You can only play one character at a time, so there is no issue with 2 chars using it at the same time. They could even make this a nice little achievement type thing. Own all the legendaries! It would be very similar to how the skins are placed in the account box for the Achievement Chest. You just get a Legendary Account box, right click and equip.

It would also drive collectors to try to get them all as they would be presented in a nice little setup. It would also make it so that players know what’s out there and could preview them to see what they wanted. I think it would be a great way to showcase the legendary system. Especially when you get in new players going, oh that is so cool how do I get it! I would also totally be behind adding things like the magic clovers and such to the storage bank. There should be a nice little section for legendaries. Each spot holds exactly the amount of x needed for a legendary. It would be a great way marker for those working towards it.

(edited by zaxziakohl.5243)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Honestly I don’t know why they don’t just make a wallet for legendaries.

Once you equip a legendary it enters the wallet. To be equipped on any character on the account. You can only play one character at a time, so there is no issue with 2 chars using it at the same time. They could even make this a nice little achievement type thing. Own all the legendaries! It would be very similar to how the skins are placed in the account box for the Achievement Chest. You just get a Legendary Account box, right click and equip.

It would also drive collectors to try to get them all as they would be presented in a nice little setup. It would also make it so that players know what’s out there and could preview them to see what they wanted. I think it would be a great way to showcase the legendary system. Especially when you get in new players going, oh that is so cool how do I get it! I would also totally be behind adding things like the magic clovers and such to the storage bank. There should be a nice little section for legendaries. Each spot holds exactly the amount of x needed for a legendary. It would be a great way marker for those working towards it.

Now that’s a suggestion if I’ve ever read one. Has my full support.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I never really understood why they would make them soulbound. There are a lot of people that get a bit tired of playing the same class constantly and like to switch things up and yet due to legendary weapons being soulbound they cannot enjoy the legendary that took them a long time to make on another toon.
I play 3 types of classes constantly, my guard, my war, my mes. All 3 can use a greatsword (which is the legendary I made) but here’s the kicker, if they were made account bound what’s to stop me from making another? All 3 can use the sword, so why not make Bolt? 2 of them can use a mace so why not make The Moot if I wanted same 2 can use a shield or hammer. 2 of them use a focus and scepter why not enjoy those new stormy/puffy cloudy footprints with meteo? And the new legendary weapons will be coming out later this year why not try for one of those?

Honestly there’s just so much more incentive to make a legendary if they were account bound. So, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

People who buy gold will get banned, so they dont get to enjoy their instant-legendary much :P

Nope, they never get banned. I know so many ppl that buy high amount of gold (about 7-10k) from 3rd party sellers and they are still playing. They have 2-3 legendary weapons on their every new character.(they buy them straight from tp) And they are playing for 7 months or so. Just don’t convince yourself about this, anet doesn’t ban gold buyers. Gold sellers can easily transfer gold via guild bank deposit/withdraw system. I don’t want any player to be banned, but I just want them to prevent this cheating on legendaries.
Anet should take an action and delete gold buyers’ items. I just can’t understand why they still don’t take an action.
If a player wastes his 2-3 months to craft a single legendary, every player needs to do the same. If someone gets it instantly without any effort, we call this cheat.

ShadowMaster.5708

I never really understood why they would make them soulbound. There are a lot of people that get a bit tired of playing the same class constantly and like to switch things up and yet due to legendary weapons being soulbound they cannot enjoy the legendary that took them a long time to make on another toon.
I play 3 types of classes constantly, my guard, my war, my mes. All 3 can use a greatsword (which is the legendary I made) but here’s the kicker, if they were made account bound what’s to stop me from making another? All 3 can use the sword, so why not make Bolt? 2 of them can use a mace so why not make The Moot if I wanted same 2 can use a shield or hammer. 2 of them use a focus and scepter why not enjoy those new stormy/puffy cloudy footprints with meteo? And the new legendary weapons will be coming out later this year why not try for one of those?

Honestly there’s just so much more incentive to make a legendary if they were account bound. So, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t.

Exactly! I have that problem… But you know what kitten es me of? Anet NEVER.. EVER talks about this subject. It has been talked about SINCE RELEASE but still not a single response.. They are just ignore us. Why?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They weren’t tradeable at the start; I think it was a few months in that they became TPable, thus letting people grind out money instead of mats. Not that I ever understood why someone would make a legendary just to sell it, given the huge material and time investment. Still, every time I think about the grind to get all the Gifts, I shy away. While I have less than 100 gold, at least I can dream of buying one one day.

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Definitely agree with this. I want to make Eternity eventually, but I want to use it on both my Guardian and Warrior. I do not want to have to make 2 Eternitys for both of them. Would be really convenient if they could just become account bound after equip. ALL ascended gear in general should become account bound on equip and not soulbound on equip given the annoying time gating which forces you to take forever to get more of it.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think not. Pay2win anyone?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

I agree x 1000. I worked hard for my Twilight, and on top of that, I’m a major altoholic. It really sucks now because my Twilight is my mesmer, and it makes me feel like I should always be playing my mesmer now. I would much rather see this work like the achievement skins…I earned it and unlocked it, so I’d like to be able to use it on all of my characters and not feel penalized.

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

I think not. Pay2win anyone?

Where is there at all pay to win? -_-