Daily Reward for Canachs Lair

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I was wondering about this as well … looks like at first it was per character, but that appears to have changed now, but it’s a lil unclear whether it’s something that’s a 1 shot deal, or if it can be repeated once a day per account.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

Dear Anet,

Exploiting literally IS gaming. Anything you leave in the game for the playerbase to exploit to their advantage, we will, and no one should ever be banned for DEVELOPERS mistakes.

If you want to prevent these things from happening in the future, do what most major MMOs do and Create a Public Test Server.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Dear Anet,

Exploiting literally IS gaming. Anything you leave in the game for the playerbase to exploit to their advantage, we will, and no one should ever be banned for DEVELOPERS mistakes.

If you want to prevent these things from happening in the future, do what most major MMOs do and Create a Public Test Server.

Strongly disagree with this statement. There are always going to be unintended consequences of every action, it is nearly impossible to predict every possible outcome. If someone is knowingly abusing something which is clearly something unintended by game design which gives them an edge over the rest of the playerbase, that player deserves to be punished. Perhaps an immediate ban is too harsh, but a suspension maybe. Exploiting is cheating, and should not be tolerated. It ruins the game for others.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Players were exploiting it by deleting and remaking characters, so we made it based on your entire account.

Edit:
Due to the reward being so high, and the upscaling for the living world, this was seen as being bad.

How much exactly do we get now as opposed to “before”?

Posted by: Njordfinn.4921

Njordfinn.4921

Players were exploiting it by deleting and remaking characters, so we made it based on your entire account.

Edit:
Due to the reward being so high, and the upscaling for the living world, this was seen as being bad.

How much exactly do we get now as opposed to “before”?

You seem to be able to do it once, it doesn’t seem daily or if it is a daily it is on a 24h reset. You get 1 Gold 10 Karka Shells and 5000 Karma

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Edit:

I understand why it needed to be done, Robert, but I would ask that you also consider the disappointment changes like this bring to altoholic players like myself. Players constantly recycling character slots for the reward is bad, of course, but wouldn’t a better solution have been to scale the reward offered to the character’s TRUE level?

For instance, let’s say that the base reward starts at 1 silver and a Sip of Karma for a level 1. The reward then slowly scales up until it reaches 1 gold and a Keg of Karma for a level 80. This discourages people from recycling fresh characters constantly, because the effort to create a character, complete the Tutorial, and bring them over to Southsun to run the dungeon for a mere 2 or 3 silver and a Sip of Karma would not be worth it. (You’d get more just by joining the Instigator Farm for the same amount of time.) However, players who have a retinue of level 80’s could do the story mode once on each character for the full reward each time, recognition for the time and effort they spent in getting their characters there.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Actually if it’s the “alt” cycling thing that’s the issue then maybe they should only allow 1 character to be created per account every 24 hours/7 days/whatever time buffer.

Also thanks Njordfinn for the reply.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I just did it for the first time after reset and did not get any reward at all. It is either a one time deal or I’m bugged.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

By whom? The evil guy in the offices nerfing anything that allows players to make any sort of money?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

If there’s a limit of gold we can’t transcend per hour (or we get called on exploiting), may we please know it? We play the weaknesses of monsters and bosses and reap rewards I get it, I also get it that some players who rather play the Trading Post game do the same but in that interface. Yet it doesn’t seem that they have any limit of gold/hour.

It’s obvious CoF P1 will get overhauled, suprised it hasn’t happened yet. Maybe I ought to play less the normal game and go to finance/economy courses so I can play the TP game.

Those who play the TP does not introduce any new gold or materials into the game. In fact, I expect ArenaNet actually see them as beneficial since that every tp transactions remove some gold from the game.

ArenaNet is probably afraid that if players are able to get materials and gold too fast, they will be able to acquire everything they want in the game and lose interest. Thats why farming get nerf but tp trading will never be.

Note that tp trading is a zero sum game, if some tp players are earning huge profits, it means that resources are funneled from the rest of the players to them, making it harder and longer for the rest to get what they want.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Edit:

edit: Make it so characters under two days old can’t receive the reward.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

I just did it for the first time after reset and did not get any reward at all. It is either a one time deal or I’m bugged.

Same here.

Although reading over the exact wording of the second May 28th patch, it does say: "Fixed an issue where players who completed the Canach’s Lair instance before the release today can no longer receive rewards. All players will now be able claim the reward for completing this instance once more on any character. "

So apparently they do intend for it to be a one-time per account reward.

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Dear Anet,

You know how wrong you sound?

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Dear Anet,

You’re the kind of person that if you find a wallet full of money, with an ID, you’d just take the money and throw the wallet away, right?

It’s the duty of the dev to make sure everything works correctly.
But it’s also the duty of the player to report anything that doesn’t seem to work correctly.

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

You’re the kind of person that if you find a wallet full of money, with an ID, you’d just take the money and throw the wallet away, right?

It’s the duty of the dev to make sure everything works correctly.
But it’s also the duty of the player to report anything that doesn’t seem to work correctly.

Naaaaaaaah. He’ll take the money, throw the wallet away then use the ID to find his house and burgle it.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Nobody should ever be banned for doing something as allowed by the game. You guys need to check your envy at the login screen. Anet isn’t even consistent about whether recycling characters is exploitative or not (they never patched SAB). If they don’t want players to farm character-based rewards then they need to implement a cap, period, as that is fully within their power and their responsibility.

While I agree that people shouldn’t be banned for something like this (people who want to put forth the effort grinding something for a fairly marginal reward like this which is also quite tedious then more power to them)… But I just wanted to point out there is a huge difference between this and SAB since this gives a direct and garunteed monetary reward while SAB was fairly time consuming (about 15-20 mins a run) and 98% of what you got from that was account bound… and the reason it was profitable was kitten poor speculation on players part not because of a direct reward so the profitability factor here wasn’t introducing a ton of new money into the pool.

Personally I think what is considered (by anet, not me) an exploit in this nature is recreating characters to farm a direct monetary reward as opposed to recreating to get something specifically for yourself and not to cycle EVEN MORE money into the economy. But again, just my opinion.

(edited by Magnus Steelgrave.6580)

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Not daily anymore. 1 time per account – and not repeatable daily. Did it 2 days ago with my main. Yesterday with a 2nd char and wanted to do it today with a 3rd char but it is not possible anymore. If it was daily per account or per char it would still have been possible(never did it on 3rd char and never did it today – 2nd char was yesterday).

Posted by: Fuerte.4692

Fuerte.4692

This is not very good. There should be some reward still. It does not make much sense to do instance and not get any reward, because you are required to do the instance before you can get to the explorable version. Now what happens is that the guy dies and then starts talking and the player gets confused that was this it, is the instance finished? So there should be a reward of 10 silver or something still. And anyhow, it would have been better to have minimum character level requirement of 10, for example. Then it would not matter if you make new character.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They somehow need to make it possible for stuff like these to be “char slot bound”. So you could delete the char and make a new char but it still remembers you did it on this char slot – not letting you farm by deleting and remaking a char. (Of course you still could buy new char slots then but this is not unlimited and costs tons of gems … and ArenaNet is making money from gems).

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I thought they changed it do daily account reward, but they did not.. they just completely turn it off and switched it to one-time reward… great, so exploiters got their gold (again) and we got… oh sorry, we got nothing (again). I love your logic Anet, I really do, what shouldnt I love on constant farming nerfs and rng in all corners of the endgame? done with this…

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Legit players getting screwed over again, what a suprise. You know it could be fixed by just making it a reward once a day for one character, but no, you’re not doing that for reasons i can’t fathom. Thanks again for screwing over players that actually play and enjoy your game, to be honest this is the first ever time i’ve been dissapointed in you.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Funny story:

This happened when Nightfall was released. The introductory instance rewarded a few gold (the equivalent of today’s silver pieces). Anyway, players were creating toons, running the intro, banking the proceeds, deleting the toons, repeating.

It’s not like this is a new farming idea — there should be a checklist of “how can players abuse this system” that should be completed before ANet releases content. That would help maybe.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”