Sclerite Karka & Fervid Censer Outfit Thread

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

For anyone who took the time to try to find something that fits with this new Backpieces.

Whats worse then meeting an assassin unexpectedly? When the assassin also has tentacles growing out of their back, meaning you won’t die pleasantly by any imagination. Still trying to decide on the colors, and wondering if I should change it so that it matches the shell more (Such as the metal parts of the pants and boots, for an illusion of it all being made of the same material).

For the Fervid Censer? It matches the standard outfit I’ve already been using, so its just added. Sadly, I can’t find a good match to the Fervid Censer’s bright glowing yellow to dye the flower on the T2 Racial to match. Not to mention a bit of clipping issues, but that was expected and ignorable for the most part.

Attachments:

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Sclerite Karka = Tyrian Starspawn.

That is all

P.S. I don’t care what goes with them. I’m still going to get the full Dwayna Arcon Heavy Armor set.

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

For the Fervid Censer? It matches the standard outfit I’ve already been using, so its just added. Sadly, I can’t find a good match to the Fervid Censer’s bright glowing yellow to dye the flower on the T2 Racial to match. Not to mention a bit of clipping issues, but that was expected and ignorable for the most part.

I found that with the Fervid Censer it is best to not try and match but go for very high contrast! I found full scarlet works great for my Sylvari Ranger. The contrast brings out the flower while trying to match the colours I found washes out the flower as it is such a pale yellow.

Attachments:

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I really love the Scarlet red contrast. I agree that contrasting seems to be the best way to go rather then trying to match it completely. Because unless you build an entirely new character (or buy some dyes) the chance is pretty slim.

I really like the default white/yellowish flower though.

I think it goes pretty decent with my default color scheme (grass and fern color mostly). Its not amazingly compatible but it kinda feels like a new bud/flower that has grown out of an old plant or something. My Sylvari kind of went for the full on green look (cause green is amazing) so luckily it seems to work quite easily with it by default since there is no serious contrasting petal/leaf color. The default green, on the stem, is still obviously brighter then the tier 3 will allow you to dye though.

Odd can’t attach more then one screenshot at a time. O.o Added another in an edit. It’ll show up eventually.

I’ve seen a lot of great Necros with the Sclerite though. It doesn’t really go with my Necro whos got the whole dead bird theme going on from halloween still.

Attachments:

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

i hope they bring out race changes soon, having a small asura is awesome, i love them but i cant show anything off

love #1 MLieBennett

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Those “contrast outfits” look pretty amazing.

I love both back pieces, unfortunately neither of them are anything any of my characters would want to wear, but I know I’ll keep them in my bank forever – maybe a future character of mine will be more the style.

Anyway, well done ANet, love the effects on them very much, too.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I got the Flower for my Ranger but since she is not 80 yet I can only preview it.
It actually goes really well with the armour and colours she has now- at least I think so

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I combined the Fervid Censer with a full set of T2 Cultural Sylvari gear. I went for a ‘blend in with nature’ and I’m pretty happy with the results.

(If only there was a hair color option similar to the flower)

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Morrigan.2809

I combined the Fervid Censer with a full set of T2 Cultural Sylvari gear. I went for a ‘blend in with nature’ and I’m pretty happy with the results.

what bow is that? it looks amazing!

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

what bow is that? it looks amazing!

It’s a skin you can get from the Hall of Monuments for playing the original Guild Wars.

http://hom.guildwars2.com

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Morrigan.2809

awww thanks anyway- I have GW but I never played it
It seems all the good skins I run into are HoM

Oh well the GW veteran players deserve it

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would like to see some screenshots of characters that aren’t Sylvari and are using the fervid censer.

Posted by: Shadow.5694

Shadow.5694

I think, I’ve found an outfit, that looks good with the Sclerite Karka Shell

Attachments:

Posted by: Nevermore.3820

Nevermore.3820

I got the Flower for my Ranger but since she is not 80 yet I can only preview it.
It actually goes really well with the armour and colours she has now- at least I think so

You can wear it now or at any level so long as you don’e care about the stats. Using a level 80 Transmutation Stone (you only need level 80 stones twice once to bring it down and once to make it 80 once again) transmute it with a piece of armor you can wear, you can take it or any level 80 armor down as low as level 2 white, even soul bound armor becomes account bound.
My ranger has been wearing human T3 armor and level 80 Vigil armor since level 4. Now every time I need new armor as she levels I just transmute what shes wearing into the new armor using the basic transmutation stones.

Since this is a Spineguard the lowest most common item you can use to transmute it with is your personal story back piece at something like 30 however there is two ways I know of to get it lower. The first is a level 15 Holiday gift back item that given out late last year if you happen to still have that sitting in your bank or if you buy Rox’s quiver it comes with a cosmetic (no stats) spineguard that you can use to transmute it with.

When you buy rox’s Quiver and double click it it brakes into two items a skin that can be used on any spineguard and the above mentioned white level cosmetic spineguard.

(edited by Nevermore.3820)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Oh yeah, thats pretty great. xD Arah dungeon set really offers some interesting pieces.

Morrigan.2809

You can wear it now or at any level so long as you don’e care about the stats. Using a level 80 Transmutation Stone (you only need level 80 stones twice once to bring it down and once to make it 80 once again) transmute it with a piece of armor you can wear, you can take it or any level 80 armor down as low as level 2 white, even soul bound armor becomes account bound.
My ranger has been wearing human T3 armor and level 80 Vigil armor since level 4. Now every time I need new armor as she levels I just transmute what shes wearing into the new armor using the basic transmutation stones.

Since this is a Spineguard the lowest most common item you can use to transmute it with is your personal story back piece at something like 30 however there is two ways I know of to get it lower. The first is a level 15 Holiday gift back item that given out late last year if you happen to still have that sitting in your bank or if you buy Rox’s quiver it comes with a cosmetic (no stats) spineguard that you can use to transmute it with.

When you buy rox’s Quiver and double click it it brakes into two items a skin that can be used on any spineguard and the above mentioned white level cosmetic spineguard.

Thanks Nevermore that was really helpful information for everyone to have

I have indeed been doing that kind of thing with my Sylvaris since early levels but I did not know about the spine transmute trick.

She is 60 now and she levels really fast so I might just keep it as an 80 item since I lack fine trans-stones atm to transmute it back to 80

But I love it and I am really glad I got it- I like it more than any other back item in the game for this character So nice to see items that go well with Sylvari

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Shaez.5762

Shaez.5762

I’ve actually did something with my beautiful warrior. She looks hot ;-)

Attachments:

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I am just loving both these skins. Top notch.

The goings on in Southsun cove are much easier to digest since it’s all in one map.
I also appreciate not being required to do skipping stones to get the censer, even though plenty of people offer portals (which I took advantage of.)

I tipped 5 silver for a portal. I dunno if that’s too much or if it’s insultingly low. I have no basis for comparison.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

I tipped 5 silver for a portal. I dunno if that’s too much or if it’s insultingly low. I have no basis for comparison.

In my experience, as a mesmer who offers portals quite often, every bit is appreciated. Most of the time, people don’t pay you anything. At the same time, it’s not necessarily high- I’ve gotten about an average of 10-15s from people who actually did tip, with a personal record of 10 gold from a single tip.

Long story short- a bit less than my personal average, but no amount is too little to be insultingly low

Also, my sylvari- tried to match the colors of the flower itself as best I could, while going for a sort of “nobilty” look. The colors themselves could probably be better, but regardless….

Attachments:

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You can also get a Quaggan Backpack. There are 2 versions of each type in the Trading Post. One of them is the skin, the other is the skin AND a level 0 account bound backpack. Or, if you don’t want to risk buying the wrong one, you can just buy a Quaggan/Charr backpack from the Gem Store.

Simply don’t use the Quaggan Backpack on the level 0 account bound backpack and transmute the -insert backpack here- onto it.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Hey, you have something growing out of your ba-OH GOD!

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

In my experience, as a mesmer who offers portals quite often, every bit is appreciated. Most of the time, people don’t pay you anything. At the same time, it’s not necessarily high- I’ve gotten about an average of 10-15s from people who actually did tip, with a personal record of 10 gold from a single tip.

Long story short- a bit less than my personal average, but no amount is too little to be insultingly low

Also, my sylvari- tried to match the colors of the flower itself as best I could, while going for a sort of “nobilty” look. The colors themselves could probably be better, but regardless….

Ahhh good. I didn’t want to leave anyone grumbling about it. I guess the difficulty of the puzzle is a factor too, but I have no basis for that since I never do the puzzles myself.

Also, armor is looking good with the flower. ;D

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

@Shadow
Down right creepy and fits extremely well, nice match with the Arah armor on that.

@Tinni
High Contrast, huh? I’ll have to try that myself, using dark Blues then and see how it turns out. I’ve also heard that Pastel Lemon can kinda match the color (but not glow) of it, as well today.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

It goes very nicely with Kudzu. :P

Attachments:

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist