Anet!! You have outdone yourselves!!!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Man In Zero G.8312

Man In Zero G.8312

I’ve loved it so far – the only complaint I have is NPCs referring to Divinity’s Reach as “DR” in dialogue…. that’s extremely immersion breaking, to be honest. Otherwise fantastic event!

Why? We use initials like that in real life e.g. LA and KL. I don’t see why Tyrians wouldn’t do the same.

Mostly because it’s all of the sudden. Never in the history of the game until now has an NPC referred to Lion’s Arch as LA, for example, (though players do) – or BC, or RS – it’s the same with Divinity’s Reach; never before now has it happened in game (or in the fiction as far as I’ve read). And it wasn’t just Scarlet, I’m pretty sure I heard Rox and/or our new asura sidekick do it too.
It just felt like poor editing on the scripts before they got to the voice actors is all. (i.e. it was meant to be Divinity’s Reach, but was shorthanded while writing, and never got changed in editing – pure conjecture, but that’s what it feels like.)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

For now, I really dislike this zergfest. From my point of view, Its considered laggy (15fps), disorientating, boring, 45min random spell spaming event, with a bit of running around.

Well maybe you should turn down the WvW Character Settings
They work for PvE now as well – dunno why they didn’t relabel them yet. Expecting > 200 People at once with full character details and high fps won’t go well together.

If you’d tuned it you are able to run it more smother then ever before. Constant 50 FPS and up is possible on almost High (I run it with PP and FXAA disabled because I’m a bummer for better graphics not per sheet but per eye and am using SMAA) if you’re running it on Medium/Medium or Low/Low. If you’d just expect everything to work faultlessly at high FPS with max settings that ’s what you get.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

I’ve loved it so far – the only complaint I have is NPCs referring to Divinity’s Reach as “DR” in dialogue…. that’s extremely immersion breaking, to be honest. Otherwise fantastic event!

Why? We use initials like that in real life e.g. LA and KL. I don’t see why Tyrians wouldn’t do the same.

Mostly because it’s all of the sudden. Never in the history of the game until now has an NPC referred to Lion’s Arch as LA, for example, (though players do) – or BC, or RS – it’s the same with Divinity’s Reach; never before now has it happened in game (or in the fiction as far as I’ve read). And it wasn’t just Scarlet, I’m pretty sure I heard Rox and/or our new asura sidekick do it too.
It just felt like poor editing on the scripts before they got to the voice actors is all. (i.e. it was meant to be Divinity’s Reach, but was shorthanded while writing, and never got changed in editing – pure conjecture, but that’s what it feels like.)

I’d have to check through old content, but I’m pretty sure we’ve had ambient NPCs referring to some cities with nicknames since launch. I understand why it might sound jarring to some, but we’re experimenting with dialog to make it sound a little more natural.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

Yeah, I too hated hearing it called DR. Didn’t sound natural at all, just grated.

in Clockwork Chaos

imaginary.6241

… but we’re experimenting with dialog to make it sound a little more natural.

Didn’t really notice it for myself. Hopefully the Roleplaying side doesn’t get lost in that process … that aside I really am impressed with the changes in this patch. Didn’t expect it, and do REALLY dig it as well.

Great stuff – neat work.

Thank you!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

For now, I really dislike this zergfest. From my point of view, Its considered laggy (15fps), disorientating, boring, 45min random spell spaming event, with a bit of running around.

wow that’s a lot of people. Do these invasions appear everywhere? or just on one map every 45mins? perhaps they need to spread out the attacks since so many people are doing them.

in Clockwork Chaos

imaginary.6241

wow that’s a lot of people. Do these invasions appear everywhere? or just on one map every 45mins? perhaps they need to spread out the attacks since so many people are doing them.

Nope. The settings to prevent that are already there and were stress tested before and work great. It ’s just the people ’s own fault for not using them correctly (or missing out on the informations).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CMEPTb.8091

CMEPTb.8091

I have to say, great job ANet in directing the whole community to play together by how these Living Story events function. Having everything spread around the map, and changing in stages is the direction I pictured the concept of " a Living World" fore GW2 before release.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Totally brainless zergs autoattacking.

So… Not really fun for me I must admit…

Yep, just sit at the edge and spam your longest range auto-attack.

When you see what certain other companies have done with similar concepts (multiple points to attack, defend, and additional objectives at the same time), this is in essence a loot pinata tsunami.

This even more by how there is no way to control the mobs targeting (aggro) or movement (crowd control), so there is no way to create a organized battlefield.

Btw, i’m starting to wonder if something is badly wrong with how mobs scale to meet multiple attackers. If i go it alone, even the lowly default takes ages to grind down. But if just one other character joins in, it melts in seconds. It is almost as if it starts to take more damage from all of us.

(edited by digiowl.9620)

in Clockwork Chaos

imaginary.6241

Totally brainless zergs autoattacking.

So… Not really fun for me I must admit…

Yep, just sit at the edge and spam your longest range auto-attack.

When you see what certain other companies have done with similar concepts (multiple points to attack, defend, and additional objectives at the same time), this is in essence a loot pinata tsunami.

This even more by how there is no way to control the mobs targeting (aggro) or movement (crowd control), so there is no way to create a organized battlefield.

Btw, i’m starting to wonder if something is badly wrong with how mobs scale to meet multiple attackers. If i go it alone, even the lowly default takes ages to grind down. But if just one other character joins in, it melts in seconds. It is almost as if it starts to take more damage from all of us.

So you ’ve had similiar games that had that much players in a map and still are forced to use highly organized strategics and execute them well? You mean like having 200 windows open, looking cool, shouting something in TS like kill A first, then B, now run to C. Well … you can have that here as well. It ’s called WvW. Difference? None. Strategic? None. If there are to many players almost any strategic becomes reduced to point zero. It ’s like war – killing to live. You might follow orders a little bit, but the adrenaline will get to their head and control becomes limited.

Events like that are not the content you expect it to be and will never be. If you like more challenging content, you must search elsewhere and limit the number and quality of participants significantly – shutting some people out. And that ’s not going to happen here.

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Yeah, I too hated hearing it called DR. Didn’t sound natural at all, just grated.

i think it works on a more informal situation (faren sounded fine when he said it last patch), but when anise said it, it came out off.

i personally only abbreviate DR and LA when referring to the cities, and while i don’t mind NPCs using those abbreviations, the writers have to keep in mind that even in real life, we don’t refer to cities by their abbreviations 100% of the time.

another nitpick: anise saying “all over the globe” instead of “all over tyria” really put me off.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I must conclude the OP is being sarcastic. This is just more zerg farming, it is not fun… at all. Lots of people does not automatically make it fun, unless you are new to this game you have been doing this sort of thing repeatedly (karka event, wvw, pavillion, orr zerging, group events like the dragons – pressing one for hours yay!). You just port around waypoints hoping to tag as many champs as possible, and these achievements are made mandatory in order to try other forms of the new content. Not only that, but tagging scarlet is hard due to her low health and gives little reward. Winning or losing certainly matters little with respect to rewards, and storywise not at all (not to mention an uninspiring story on the whole and a lame villian).

I refuse to believe this content is being made permanent as others have said, it is exactly the same as [insert zerg farm here] but the bosses are not even interesting as most are repeats of what we’ve seen before. The clockwork guys look kinda of cool, but I’d never know their mechanics from a zerg. Zerg farming is boring, repetitive and there are better farms strictly for money than this event. Giving good rewards wouldn’t even make up for it, as fun in an MMO must be a combination of getting things and doing things — and earning things by doing awesome things is the best combo. I was shocked to see the achievement requires 13 maps — 13 hours of farming this. Yikes. At least 6 to get access to the dungeon. The last patch was infinitely better, as at least the pavilion farm had different enemies and the gauntlet was fun and innovative.

Please… no more farm events that I have to do over and over to get achievements/rewards – and more outrageously – access to the rest of the content. Anet has repeatedly made content people can’t rush through, but the answer is not to punish us with purposely delayed content. Please just expand the regular world with more maps, weapons, skills and make wvw bigger and better – and new race maybe. Enough with this living story and its pressure to play boring content now, now, now before you miss it! Special skins before you miss it!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

For me? So far? Fantastic. Fun, epic feeling. Lots of people. Good grief it feels like a combination of a great BWE end event and my first try at “The Battle for Lion’s Arch” in GW1 War in Kryta.

Plus, for some odd reason, my framerate issues are fixed and I am not getting odd disconnects.

You make me want to give you more money.

Games should be challenging, fast and fun. This nails that, for sure.

Only bug for me is that for some reason all the “green names” of npc’s are showing. I have tried checking and unchecking the little box, but to no avail.

I don’t feel like I am working anymore! I feel like I am playing a game! Wheeeeeeeee

Now, about those bunny slippers…..

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

OH yeah lets all log in so we can wait 45 minutes. I didn’t think your design could get worse after the previous “content update” but good job.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I’d have to check through old content, but I’m pretty sure we’ve had ambient NPCs referring to some cities with nicknames since launch. I understand why it might sound jarring to some, but we’re experimenting with dialog to make it sound a little more natural.

That would be Lord Faren in a conversation with Lady Kasmeer . What he said was something like: “Back in old DR <something, something>”. I was during the Southsun Cove event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

It doesn’t sound natural at all.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Had lots of fun with my guild. Great event and interesting system for events going on in different zones. Thank you .

Also, Please tell the artists who worked on the new mobs, that they are amazing.

Cheers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Man In Zero G.8312

Man In Zero G.8312

I’d never heard anything remotely like that until today – though people keep saying Farren called it DR in the Southsun event, but I never saw it.
I’m all for more natural-sounding dialogue, I think it’s a good thing to do (and other than the “DR” bit, the dialogue in the cut scene was great) – but “DR” does not sound natural. It doesn’t flow vocally.
Plus, reading the subtitles – when my eyes see “DR”, my brain reads “doctor”. That definitely contributes to the issue

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

I’m almost positive there was never a single instance of Divinity’s Reach being referred to as “DR” until Faren called it that in the Southsun event. Since launch, every NPC that ever called it by any kind of shorthand simply called it “Divinity.” I may be wrong, though. I agree that it feels very, very jarring when referred to as “DR.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkshine.5493

Darkshine.5493

I’m loving it. The first time I got into an event out in the world I did have some graphic issues. After that I went back to DR (and I was referring to it as “DR” w/ friends even before Farren in Southsun) and played a bit w/ my settings. Next time it was great, no issues. I did have the issue that some others have mentioned w/ the voice and written script not lining up correctly in the cut scene, but otherwise it was fine for me. Loved the style of it, and Farren was perfectly done. Fit his character like a glove.

The events are intense, lots of people all working together. I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. Didn’t get all five that I needed tonight due to real life obligations, but I’ll catch up before the week is out I’m sure.

So from me, thank you ANet. I’m enjoying every minute of it, and I’m sure I’ll continue to do so as the story progresses.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

I’m almost positive there was never a single instance of Divinity’s Reach being referred to as “DR” until Faren called it that in the Southsun event. Since launch, every NPC that ever called it by any kind of shorthand simply called it “Divinity.” I may be wrong, though. I agree that it feels very, very jarring when referred to as “DR.”

Most characters speak a little more properly than others. Lord Faren and Scarlet are absolutely the sort to be completely irreverent when referring to things.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

lemme find one. hmmmm.
in this pic you can only see about 40 people, there are a lot more in front.

Big surprise, the flesh golem is in the back picking flowers lol

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Clockwork Chaos

Nay of the Ether.8913

Btw all the people boo hooing over havig to wait 45 mins to get in the next wave….seriously?!? Just wait it out, go do something else. Once you get back in the proper flow you won’t miss out on any more. if you do, it’s your own fault. All night I have been playing lazily and still only missed 1 and it was because of the patch (I think most people missed that one unless they landed in a home server). Right now I’m taking a break and guess what? I’ll prob miss the next one but I’m not gonna cry over it. I’ll just catch the next one. Grow up people!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I noticed the DR thing popping up in Southsun dialogues (with Kasmeer and Faren) and it really took me out of the world when I read it. I’m OK with it, but I don’t love it.

I run a low spec machine so I hate zerg events in general. For some reason these ones are worse than usual for me so I haven’t really enjoyed them so far. I’m really hoping the popularity dies down towards the end of the month and I can enjoy them without my game turning into a stop motion picture (even with the placeholder models etc the latest patch seems to have made this issue worse for me).

I like that open world events are being used for the story again, I don’t like that it’s using the zerg model. Clusters of particle effects and players mobbing together because zerg beats all (except for the timer) aren’t my idea of fun. I recognise that some people think the open world zerg events are the pinnacle of PvE in this game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Nay of the Ether.8913

I noticed the DR thing popping up in Southsun dialogues (with Kasmeer and Faren) and it really took me out of the world when I read it. I’m OK with it, but I don’t love it.

I run a low spec machine so I hate zerg events in general. For some reason these ones are worse than usual for me so I haven’t really enjoyed them so far. I’m really hoping the popularity dies down towards the end of the month and I can enjoy them without my game turning into a stop motion picture (even with the placeholder models etc the latest patch seems to have made this issue worse for me).

I like that open world events are being used for the story again, I don’t like that it’s using the zerg model. Clusters of particle effects and players mobbing together because zerg beats all (except for the timer) aren’t my idea of fun. I recognise that some people think the open world zerg events are the pinnacle of PvE in this game.

Make sure you have the new culling effects turned all the way down (they used to be labeled only for wvw but the last patch fixed it and now it just says character models and limits) it might help you out a lot. I know it made a massive difference for me. Also be sure to read over the tech forums and do the tips people posted there. Not all of them are beneficial, but a few of them made a big difference too. I run a mid-grade system so I know how taxing zergs can be, I used to adjust to bare minimum settings to do the most basic zerg events, but now all I have to do is adjust the character culling some and it runs so smooth.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sub par.5278

sub par.5278

I loved the new invasion events! I actually felt like I was doing something epic staying alive and trying to burn down seemingly endless waves of enemies. To those that say it is just another zerg, I would disagree—we had to actively spread out and coordinate to get the portals that needed more help to close or we wouldn’t have made it in time. As someone who often finds myself in T1 WVW I am no stranger to being unable to act due to lag but I found I was able to respond fine with the medium settings that relate to character quality/number and the setting that limits particle/spell effects. Kudos to Anet too for making it so that the overflow has a concurrent event so people aren’t left out. As far as the whole “DR” thing goes, I wonder if there are nicknames for other cities; would a Norn say “Back in ’Brack…”?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I am having fun with the new LS update. There are a lot of complainers but for every update there are always complainers and always people who like it. Most of forum is for people to gripe about it. But I really like it.

I feel like the LS is actually affecting the world now.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I must agree Invasion are great. There is simply something what makes that mindless champ farming actualy fun. I dont know what is it:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love this update.
It feels like an all out war broke out all over Tyria, the new kill-bots are awesome, Scarlet is a crazy lunatic troll and the removal of culling makes it really epic.
I am absolutely enjoying it
Thank you Anet- just for removing culling you guys deserve a medal.
Having such epic battles showcase it is really amazing

Gunnar’s Hold

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I think the invasions are what the Karka attack ought to be in November. It is actually fantastic AND do indeed give a sense of a massive battle with the removal of the culling the system. Timed invasions with support of the overflow systems are actually working well.

And the loot, my god. My inventory get full twice per invasion.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

The event is great fun.
The sense of scale is awesome and despite it being a big old zerg fest (which is not a bad thing) the fact that commanders need to split up across the map keeps a certain level of organization required.
Our guild had great fun last night, we got a couple of Scarlet kills and are all ready to to the next step for Vorrp tonight.
Thanks ANet

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

DR sounds a bit too modern for a fantasy setting; if anything I guess it could’ve been D’ Reach with the D’ sounding a bit like The, and eventually Divinity’s Reach being shorted in everyday speech to The Reach

At least, I wouldn’t mind just calling it The Reach

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Taking in consideration this is still a work in progress and a “learn from mistakes” thing, yes this event is really…just a lot of fun.

You guys really have to come up with something to avoid the overflow problem, it’s a bit annoying. It shouldn’t limit us to “first 10 minutes”. Apart from this…awesome event..brings ppl together, awesome creepy-scarry mobs..v good rewards..even the achievement rewards are very…well rewarding.

Keep improving on this new trend u have..u guys are very close to a bullseye

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Clarification: You need to get to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion starting or you will need to wait about 45 minutes for the next one to begin.

What about if your game crashes after 15-20mins? Yeah… You wait till next hour hits. GENIUS.
Im really disappointed with this as I dont have time all day long to do this for hours. I dont want to enter a zone with “hopfully my game wont crash”.

Bow before the Mighty Charr!
Rapti Bloodspill [PT] – Desolation[EU]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Finally, a Living Story that’s actually, you know, living and events that are happening in mid-lvl maps. It was tricky with so many overflows and connections eventually crashing, but it was fun. Thank you ANet!
You still need to work a lot on your storytelling skills though. (That’s Scarlet, srsly?!)

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

I’m rather surprised how smoothly everything goes for me. Almost no lag, with the stats still on the semi – highest settings. Character models might take some time to load, but that doesn’t bug me.

The invasions are great, although it will be more fun if it was a little less crowded. Last evening in Timberline Falls was nice, the groups were a bit smaller, a lot of communication in map chat and commanders who managed it quite well.

I like to see more of these updates, although I would like to see a switch from technology to magic. I love myself some good magic!

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sunshine.3415

Sunshine.3415

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Anet for this update, these new map-wide events are fantastic fun. The event scaling is impressive too, with a group of 5-15 people you feel like you are making a real difference killing enemies, in a zerg of 50+ not so much, but it sure is epic!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Anet for this update, these new map-wide events are fantastic fun. The event scaling is impressive too, with a group of 5-15 people you feel like you are making a real difference killing enemies, in a zerg of 50+ not so much, but it sure is epic!

This.

True “living world” content !

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sitrik.3150

Sitrik.3150

Clarification: You need to get to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion starting or you will need to wait about 45 minutes for the next one to begin.

pls make some timer for overflows or make the events on overflow so we dont have to wait for hour for nothing

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I have one complaint, which is that I was trying to play in a group with someone and we couldn’t get into the same overflow.

Aside from that we had a lot of fun with the new content. I like this patch!

Oh and being able to do Scarlet’s instance with just the 2 of us was awesome.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I’m really enjoying this event. It’s like the Crown Pavilion was a training event for large scale battles Serious too.

I was able to do 3 of these last night. I was going to attempt 4 but the morning comes quick. I loved the rewards, I loved seeing the large mass of people, I loved the enemies (although they are like Metal Karkas with guns), and I loved killing Scarlet.

Seriously love this game. 1 year after launch and I’m having a blast still. This game has kept evolving and growing and the best part, for free.

Keep up the good work ANET!

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MjSync.9865

MjSync.9865

So I guess this is the first big livng story patch we have seen. I just got back from the massive event in fireheart rise. We had about 8 commander pins on the map, each with about 30 peopel easily on them. I have a pic of what is undoubtedly 80 people, and it runs so smooth. We acc failed the event. We had 30 secs left on it and 5 percent on the last wave. It was fun though. Thanx Anet this is a hundred times better than last shores. Its seriously impressive in terms of capability. All the different factions, the massive amounts of DE’s. This is exactly what I wanted to see happen with DE’s and the Living Story.

Lets see if u still like it when ur stuck in overflow all day Its so fun look arround and enjoy the beautifull landscape ! after all who cares about loot right ?!

#Xhan Lei Ying [YaK] Warrior
#Chùn Ying [YaK] Guardian
Yakslappars!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

as for me that event is great.
with overflow issue, we used with our guild a method
make a party of 5 ppl.
everyone goes to the map of event
in that situation actually everyone is “by default” on other overflow.
just check who have an event and is on overflow (not home world) and don’t have full map.
everyone join that person

turning out culling in so “mass-PvE” content made it feels better, unfortunatelly in dungeons if makes only worse (after patch I don’t see my teammates and I’ve loose many fps’es there with that WvW system – and I’m already on lowest-lowest settings…)

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

This event, combined with the elimination of culling has been AMAZING. I read some posts about people having lag issues but i’ve been through three of the invasions, with zergs of well over 100 people (not including enemies) and have had beautiful performance. My machine is mid-grade at best, so from a technical standpoint ANET has nailed it. One thing to note is that turning off “show all player names” makes a big difference in both performance and the ability to actually see what’s going on.

But anyway, GREAT JOB ANET! I am having a blast with this event. Best LS update yet!
Thank you for turning off culling, It is so cool to run around LA and see all of the other players around, really makes the world feel alive. And the invasions are just an insane amount of fun. Bravo.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I was surprised by Scarlett referring to it as “DR”, but I think it fits with her comical, taunting personality. It sounded like a pet name for her latest target. Any other character calling it that would have been jarring.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Btw all the people boo hooing over havig to wait 45 mins to get in the next wave….seriously?!? Just wait it out, go do something else. Once you get back in the proper flow you won’t miss out on any more. if you do, it’s your own fault. All night I have been playing lazily and still only missed 1 and it was because of the patch (I think most people missed that one unless they landed in a home server). Right now I’m taking a break and guess what? I’ll prob miss the next one but I’m not gonna cry over it. I’ll just catch the next one. Grow up people!

Chances are the people who are “crying” are already grown up. When you have a job, a family, children, home care — things that grown-ups have — getting more than an hour of play in a night can be very difficult.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

The event is great fun.
The sense of scale is awesome and despite it being a big old zerg fest (which is not a bad thing) the fact that commanders need to split up across the map keeps a certain level of organization required.
Our guild had great fun last night, we got a couple of Scarlet kills and are all ready to to the next step for Vorrp tonight.
Thanks ANet

I couldn’t even keep a party of 3 people in the same overflow. How were you able to get guildmates into the same invasion content?

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Chances are the people who are “crying” are already grown up. When you have a job, a family, children, home care — things that grown-ups have — getting more than an hour of play in a night can be very difficult.

Yes, most definitely an issue. Though let’s be fair – there are plenty of “grown ups” who don’t have some of that to worry about. (Specifically family and/or children.) There are also some who rather tightly budget their time so they can get good amounts of play. Or those who get a big lump of time cleared on the first couple days of an ongoing event just so they can have the uninterrupted time rather than “an hour here, an hour there…”.

All sorts of people really do play this game. I understand there are some who even hate quaggans.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Scott McGough

Previous

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

Next

There actually is a precedent here: Lord Faren referred to Divinity’s Reach as “ol’ DR” several times while he was on Southsun Cove.

And as everyone knows, he’s a trend-setter.

—Scott McG

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There actually is a precedent here: Lord Faren referred to Divinity’s Reach as “ol’ DR” several times while he was on Southsun Cove.

And as everyone knows, he’s a trend-setter.

He’s also a master fencer. He bought that title so there! Truly, he is a heroic figure.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.