Community Damaging Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

1) RNG comes from randomly getting an organized server, or a crappy overflow/server.
2) But if you are not apart of a large guild, then it is RNG because finding one of those organized groups, or a server capable of it, is luck based.
3) All players need to perform basic roles. Turrets are BY FAR the most important per player.
4) Failing should reward us with something, because this game is all about time investment. Even a little Karma would be great.
5) That is your opinion. I enjoy a challenge, I don’t enjoy relying on hundreds of other players to be as prepared as I am, or be as good at jumping over waves as me.
6) Living World content isn’t for everyone? Since when? Surely that is not their intention.

1) RNG doesn’t apply. People organizing and planning strategy does. If you need help finding a group or guild to help, the forums have some wonderful people trying to organize the masses.
2) See #1
3) True, Turrets are important, so is defending them, and killing tentacles, etc.
4) You are rewarded with minor chests. True rewards are for winning.
5) Well, different content appeals to different people. I’m sorry you don’t like Teq.
6) Living World is content made for anyone to enjoy. THAT is Anet’s intention. But it’s also optional. None of my guildies who WvW 24/7 are being forced to do any of the newer content. Yet they’re still having fun in this game.

My server had between 80-100 people on TS today for multiple attempts in a row (I was there for 6 hours, not sure how long that many people were around total), We had 4 commanders per run, each commander with assigned tasks, people were stacked up with their commanders before each spawn. We were ready, we were organized, we had planned and strategized. We failed, consistently. Why? trolls on the turrets. They were reported by many many people each and every single spawn. What happened? Nothing. we continued to fail as they would not get off turrets and wouldnt activate skills.

We tried training mobs into them, and it worked sorta, but also cost us valuable time and destroyed turrets during the fight. Since you say its not based on chance at all, and ALL it takes is organization and planning, clearly you must know a way to gain control of the turrets that nobody on 60 some other servers has figured out yet. Enlighten us with your anti-troll techniques. Or shut the hell up and admit the the design is flawed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

I’ll teach you how to be rid of those trolls. Get six people who are on mumble ready to take turrets. Get them killed, take over the turrets. If you fail that attempt, that sucks, but then the next attempt you have 6 of your own people on them. Everyone deals with trolls or just plain up bad players now and then, but that doesn’t make it impossible.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

I’ll teach you how to be rid of those trolls. Get six people who are on mumble ready to take turrets. Get them killed, take over the turrets. If you fail that attempt, that sucks, but then the next attempt you have 6 of your own people on them. Everyone deals with trolls or just plain up bad players now and then, but that doesn’t make it impossible.

If you would have read the post, we did that. So what your saying is, that its good design to require people to wait 6+ hours to get into a map, then wait 2 hours for a spawn that is a guarantee fail due to trolls, so they can get the players killed, gain control of the most important mechanic of the fight, then wait another 2 hours for another spawn so they have a single bloody CHANCE to actually try the fight?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Blablabla

Neither of which would be an issue with a raid instance…

Oh look! I can be clever too!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Right now, I, as a solo player leveling in Sparkfly Fen, can come across an organized group staging for this encounter. I can decide to hang around and take part in the encounter too by manning one of the turrets. I will spam 1 at mobs for the entire fight because that makes me feel bad-kitten and I don’t know any better, and effectively cut down everybody’s chance of success by a good 1/6th. A few more people like me on the turrets and we’ll have bone walls popping up every few seconds! And that is GOOD.

?

Notsureifserious.gif

Obviously that wouldnt be good. I would hope it could be solved by communication but I also know there are people that thrive on grief.

If you read around you’ll see its among the main criticisms, my personal suggestion is adding (not replacing cannons) a bazooka dispenser with 5 shots of the cannon abilities. Another decent change that doesnt change the encounter itself is adding a pre-event. I would support a triggerable pre-event like fire elemental, because right now it starts very quick and unless you camp it you probably lose too much of the time.

Thing is the solution of moving it into an instance is the easy way out and really not what I want from this game. Obviously this is opinion, but Anet focused on providing open world gameplay for all kinds of player types and that is what I expect from the game. I bought that game for open world gameplay, and really it has delivered ok in this regard (not awesome but which MMO is). I would hate them going the easy way out and instancing encounters like this. I also wasnt a fan of all the instanced mini games they made during the last few months.

So assuming there are no changes I honestly would accept the odds that someone takes over a turret and doesnt use to best effect. Given my assumption that in a few weeks this encounter is a pre-planned event, that is sorta unlikely but of course it could happen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

But any reasonable person should want everyone who likes this type of content to be able to participate in it and enjoy it as is, and everyone who does not like it and does not want to be in it to be able to freely do their own thing (consider Sparkfly Fen is part of the open world, and people have every right to be there to level or do map completion, too) and it’s not what’s happening.

Instancing it gets rid of all the benefit to the community. It also brings up the probable necessity to reduce the amount of people required.

As for people doing their own thing… Of course they are able to. They can do zone completion in an overflow just as well as the main, and they can do what they need to in the main if they get in there as well. What does that even have to do with this?

And that is why on the same post I offered a solution that isn’t instancing (although I disagree it rids it of all the benefit or that the cap would need to be lower). Open world, just separate from the rest of the map, so that people doing their own thing in the map don’t inadvertently take up spots that could go toward people who are trying to do the event.

Maps have a population cap. People doing their own thing count toward the population cap. Someone across the map from Tequatl gathering herbs is taking up a spot that someone in an overflow could be trying to get.

That’s what that has to do with this.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Maps have a population cap. People doing their own thing count toward the population cap. Someone across the map from Tequatl gathering herbs is taking up a spot that someone in an overflow could be trying to get.

That isn’t even the worst of it. Apparently squatters have taken up residence on several of the high population servers and sell slots to players wanting to participate. This update has brought out the very worst in the community.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

My opinion on Taco is this. It needs to be instanced, like a dungeon. Only then can you feel like you make a difference and organize it with your guild. Personally as soon as they called World events “raids” I got very disappointed. I wanted instanced raids and instead they give us world bosses which have been in the game since launch. Very disappointing.

Challenging content also does not mean instant death, that is a cheap way of making it hard.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

in Tequatl Rising

neon.4863

That isn’t even the worst of it. Apparently squatters have taken up residence on several of the high population servers and sell slots to players wanting to participate. This update has brought out the very worst in the community.

…I hadn’t heard about this. I can’t think of a way to mitigate this, though, other than have in-game GM assistance that can ban these guys. :\ Obviously scammy, since you can’t guarantee someone will get a spot…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Most of the damage done is to people’s entitlement, which is fine by me.

People claim that the game can have content for every kind of player, and now that the content addition this week is for a different player then they themselves are they pout and whine.

I dont enjoy SAB, so I just dont do it. I didnt complain that the update two weeks ago didnt bring anything for me. If you dont enjoy this version of Tequatl then just accept that and leave it to those that enjoy it.

In a way this is true. In a way it’s not. See we DID kill Tequatl before this update. So they are taking content away from us. It would be a WHOLE different ballpark if they added in a new boss, or instance like this. I would have NO ISSUE if they made a large scale instance where people who liked this stuff could go, but don’t take away our existing content to do it!

It would be like if you played SAB and you could do Infintile and Normal, then on the next release they REMOVE Infintile and Normal and say that Tribulation mode is the only way you can play SAB. What about all those people who enjoyed it before? What do they get? The short end of the stick….

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

…I hadn’t heard about this. I can’t think of a way to mitigate this, though, other than have in-game GM assistance that can ban these guys. :\ Obviously scammy, since you can’t guarantee someone will get a spot…

They just party up with the other player and have him spam join until he gets in for a small fee. As things work right now join overrides the normal queue. This is why it’s impossible to get into the main instance normally. But yeah, it’s pretty scummy since these individuals prevent legitimate players from ever getting in.

in Tequatl Rising

neon.4863

They just party up with the other player and have him spam join until he gets in for a small fee. As things work right now join overrides the normal queue. This is why it’s impossible to get into the main instance normally. But yeah, it’s pretty scummy since these individuals prevent legitimate players from ever getting in.

I figured this may be it, but even then, spamming join isn’t 100% guaranteed… so scummy and potential scam. Gross no matter how you look at it. Maybe this hasn’t brought out the worst in the community as a whole, but we’re sure seeing the rotten apples come up. :\

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Challenging content also does not mean instant death, that is a cheap way of making it hard.

Teq has no instakill mechanics, PVT gear lets you take waves and many poison ticks if necessary but on top of that its avoidable. Before you say “I don’t have PTV gear!” then you either need to learn to avoid the wave stomps or do something else. They aren’t OHKO mechanics you’re choosing to make them so with a build that isnt suited to it.

But the point is about community, I found a great deal of pulling together was needed for this fight. I’m from Gandara and we struggled with this all week, finally managed to get him down with real dedication (one guy whispered every AFK person until they moved for about 30mins) and stepping up to the challenge (we had volunteers coordinating turrets, not just letting commanders do it). The fail attempts all involved ppl standing around waiting to be told what to do and asking “why arent there ppl in turrets?!” to win YOU need to do something YOU need to get a group together and clear out the turret section.

This content will force you to take a bit of responsibility for the win, not just stand in a zerg and complain.

The problem is people not the content.

What causes most problems in this encounter? AFK selfish ppl, they stop ppl who really want the content getting in and hurt the ppl trying (we had quite a few good ppl trying to get in who had been doing wipes with us all week and couldn’t). I do agree that this would be super good instanced, but i think there is a real sense of everyone coming together from a server which you dont get in a raid environment that is nice. I personally would like both types of content available.

The most important thing we must let ANet know is that we are DELIGHTED with challenging content. Yes fractals at high end are challenging but by the time they get hard you’ve done each of them 30 times?

Keep going with the epic encounters and try to work some of the mechanics we saw in the Queen’s Guantlet in there, good stuff there. But maybe make instances an option too.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: A Beastly Stein Shimmy.6179

A Beastly Stein Shimmy.6179

Aren’t the other 2 dragons, wurm, behemoth, 15 or so meta champions enough of a “infintile” or “normal” mode comparison to SAB? You have 20+ world events you can farm by just “casually” putting your “1” skill on auto cast and go afk. I have the Sunbringer title, yet I do not have:

-a high spvp rank
-a legendary
-an ascended weapon
-a high fractal level
-dungeon master title
list goes on.

The important part here is that I CAN participate with all those things. I can try to get a high spvp rank, get a legendary or do more dungeons, but I decide not to because it is not what I am good at/want to do. I am not unique in this matter. Big kittening whoop that you can’t kill Tequatl. You blame it on other people who suck, but if you were serious about this at all you would JOIN (not even do it yourself, kitten it) a guild that does Tequatl and does all the organising for you. (Hint, there are 2 publicly advertising guilds that are farming Tequatl most of the day). All you have to do is ask for an invite, show up, follow the tactics, not suck and be done with it. Takes what, an hour of your time at the worst? Or let me guess, your life is so crowded that you only have 30 minutes to do something? Well, tough luck. This boss is not for you. Just like SAB isn’t for me. I could gather people to help me with a high spvp rank, I could get a dungeon group going, I could – I could – I could, but I do not. Neither do you do your best to kill Tequatl. THerefore, you are not entitled to having him nerfed so you can beat him. Waiting for your server to pop up in an overflow is not putting effort in when you know that 50% of the people in the game act as you describe them.

It is kittening disgusting that people have to fear that content gets nerfed when it qualified as hard, but not impossible. Impossible kitten could get nerfed. Tequatl is NOT impossible. You must organise. Deal with it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

The hardcore/elite players want this to remain thee same.
The casual payers feel that this is too much to go up against.
Why cant a solution be worked out that works for both groups?

Change the mechanics of the fight to where its just easier. This would upset the hardcores and make the casuals happy. So, not an option.

Increase the timer to 30 min. But if you do this, the hardcores are going to feel that it is too easy while making the casuals. So lets not do this one.

Add a new mechanic. Once Teq’s life bar hits 75%, a bonus 5 minutes is granted. And again, once his life hits 50% and 25%, another 5 minutes can be added to the timer. This method would give a little bit of hope to the casuals whilst retaining the difficulty that the hardcores desire. If you are so elite and hardcore, you wont even need the extra times and will burn him down in 15 minutes anyways right? If you are a casual player, just work your butt off to get him down to the reward tiers and you will also get rewarded with a few more minutes to finish him off.

Is this really such a difficult solution to provide that would keep everyone happy?

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Is this really such a difficult solution to provide that would keep everyone happy?

Obviously since it would make the self-professed hardcores feel less special to see a bunch of plebs walking around with the title.

On a serious note though, I like your suggestions. Getting done with the first phase can be a huge challenge for an overflow as is so it’s not as if would render the fight a cakewalk. It would also make players motivated to keep on fighting to the bitter end instead of giving up after the first five minutes. Plus, failing on the batteries would still result in a failure.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

snip

+1 to you.

Increase the timer to 30 min. But if you do this, the hardcores are going to feel that it is too easy while making the casuals. So lets not do this one.

Add a new mechanic. Once Teq’s life bar hits 75%, a bonus 5 minutes is granted. And again, once his life hits 50% and 25%, another 5 minutes can be added to the timer. This method would give a little bit of hope to the casuals whilst retaining the difficulty that the hardcores desire. If you are so elite and hardcore, you wont even need the extra times and will burn him down in 15 minutes anyways right? If you are a casual player, just work your butt off to get him down to the reward tiers and you will also get rewarded with a few more minutes to finish him off.

You… just said increasing the timer to 30 minutes is a bad idea, then go on to suggest it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’d suggest either making the timer 20 minutes, or freezing the timer if Tequatl is below 5% health when the timer runs out. That way people still feel they barely made it, without being robbed of an obvious victory.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jabronius.8674

Jabronius.8674

You… just said increasing the timer to 30 minutes is a bad idea, then go on to suggest it.

I think what he meant was to add 5 minutes to the timer for every 25% of Tequatl’s health depleted. The timer would still start at 15 minutes, but you could get bonus time for beating up the dragon.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fancia.3746

Fancia.3746

The hardcore/elite players want this to remain thee same.
The casual payers feel that this is too much to go up against.
Why cant a solution be worked out that works for both groups?

Change the mechanics of the fight to where its just easier. This would upset the hardcores and make the casuals happy. So, not an option.

That would seriously trivialize the content you know, and had you known the fight after 75%, you wouldnt be advocating this because you would know it would trivialize it. You can spend 10 mins to 75%, after that, the 75%-0% is still very much possible… Each 25% after 75% takes only a little more than a min…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

I was super excited when we passed it on Dragonbrand but it was actually just a driveby guild. The same guild just passed it on Devonas. We were just a low pop, easy to get into instance. So technically we haven’t passed it at all.