How low has your server gotten Tequatl?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

The major problem the EU has is the language barrier. There are a lot of non-english speakers on EU servers and attempting to co-ordinated when people dont even understand basics like the language your typing in or speaking defeats the purpose.

The problem is excaserbated by the fact that people whos second or third language is english/german/french play on english/german/french speaking servers. Meaning we cant even gaurantee that our home servers have people who cant talk to one another and communicate properly.

Its going to take one of the big guilds to knuckle down and essentially force out players from the server who dont speak the same language well enough, AND those who are AFK etc before its done this side of the pond.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Ive actually never seen people this angry at Anet. I mean I thought AR dungeon release brought out ragers but this patch has got everyone in a knot.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

What did you get as a reward?

A rare and 100 Dragonite Ore.

Is that really all?

You get:
– the chest for killing him (character bound)
– the bonus chest for killing him (account bound)
– four Dragon Chests (one for getting him to 75%, 50%, 25%, and 0% health)

All told, I got an exotic, three rares, a handful of blues and greens, some ascended crafting mats, and a bit north of 10k karma.

Edit: I also got three Gilded Coffers from the Dragon Chests, for what it’s worth.

100 Dragonite Ore is pretty kittening nice, in addition to all those bonus chests you mentioned…Definitely worth it to get it dead.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’d tell you how low my server got it, but so far I haven’t been able to get on anything but overflow servers.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

The major problem the EU has is the language barrier. There are a lot of non-english speakers on EU servers and attempting to co-ordinated when people dont even understand basics like the language your typing in or speaking defeats the purpose.

The problem is excaserbated by the fact that people whos second or third language is english play on english speaking servers. Meaning we cant even gaurantee that our home servers have people who cant talk to one another and communicate properly.

Its going to take one of the big guilds to knuckle down and essentially force out players from the server who dont speak the same language well enough, AND those who are AFK etc before its done this side of the pond.

This has proven a major problem in WvW aswell. When it’s on a smaller scale, language specific guilds are a solution. Just look at the top 10 in WvW in Europe. 7/10 of the top servers are language specific servers while only 50% of the total servers are actually language specific.

I remember before I quit for 8 months, we started an alliance of great guilds on our server. When on teamspeak I couldn’t understand half of the other guild leaders

in Tequatl Rising

Arrow.3856

Is that really all?

You get:

All told, I got an exotic, three rares, a handful of blues and greens, some ascended crafting mats, and a bit north of 10k karma.

Edit: I also got three Gilded Coffers from the Dragon Chests, for what it’s worth.

100 Dragonite Ore is pretty kittening nice, in addition to all those bonus chests you mentioned…Definitely worth it to get it dead.

100 dragonite ore is pretty sweet, its about 1-2 weeks of guild missions. Everything else is worth 10s

Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Ive actually never seen people this angry at Anet. I mean I thought AR dungeon release brought out ragers but this patch has got everyone in a knot.

AR required a bit of effort for some achievements. But I could setup a team, find 4 decent people to run with, tune our strategy and then enter and execute it in an instance which was our and our only. Same as high level fractals. Now compare that with trying to organize 100+ zerg of random people (some of which wont even care or stay AFK) without any synergy of skill, builds and gear. Its doable as BG shown. But running 100 metres in 9.5 sec is also doable as Usain Bolt shown. Now where is the treshold? I shall wait with my judgement some more days or weeks to see how new Tequatl win ratios around the world will evolve. But for now I am concerned.

in Tequatl Rising

Arrow.3856

AR required a bit of effort for some achievements. But I could setup a team, find 4 decent people to run with, tune our strategy and then enter and execute it in an instance which was our and our only. Same as high level fractals. Now compare that with trying to organize 100+ zerg of random people (some of which wont even care or stay AFK) without any synergy of skill, builds and gear. Its doable as BG shown. But running 100 metres in 9.5 sec is also doable as Usain Bolt shown. Now where is the treshold? I shall wait with my judgement some more days or weeks to see how new Tequatl win ratios around the world will evolve. But for now I am concerned.

Yeah I know where you stand man. Same boat as you Im just not sure where I stand because it is the first day. Great example there. I will also keep seeing how this fight goes.

Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Is that really all?

You get:

100 dragonite ore is pretty sweet, its about 1-2 weeks of guild missions. Everything else is worth 10s

100 dragonite ore is terrible. I’d rather go do 4 temples that have a 90-100% success rate then do Teq. His loot is terrible and anyone saying that a chance at ascended weapons is worth it is crazy because every world boss and every champ chest has a chance to give you one. The only thing worth while is the mini pet that probably has an even lower chance to drop than a precursor if such a thing existed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AbeLincoln.3091

AbeLincoln.3091

Knowing that we came together and beat him is all the reward I require.

Blackgate, Rafen Sanguinis

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Is that really all?

You get:

100 dragonite ore is terrible. I’d rather go do 4 temples that have a 90-100% success rate then do Teq. His loot is terrible and anyone saying that a chance at ascended weapons is worth it is crazy because every world boss and every champ chest has a chance to give you one. The only thing worth while is the mini pet that probably has an even lower chance to drop than a precursor if such a thing existed.

He drops exclusive ascended weapons btw, and supposedly he has the highest chance of dropping an ascended weapon… Don’t have the source for that last bit, but maybe someone else does.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Azoqu.8917

Congrats for not being stuck in overflow for over 6 hours trying to get into your home server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AbeLincoln.3091

AbeLincoln.3091

Congrats for not being stuck in overflow for over 6 hours trying to get into your home server.

I was not trying to be condescending. I was simply saying that you dont have to quantify the boss by what he gives you… but take pride in being able to say that you did it.

Blackgate, Rafen Sanguinis

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I have no idea why so many players and ArenaNet seem to think Dragonite Ore is lucrative. I do two or three temple bosses a day, which takes 30 to 45 minutes, and I get way more Dragonite Ore than I can do anything with.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in Tequatl Rising

Azoqu.8917

I have no idea why so many players and ArenaNet seem to think Dragonite Ore is lucrative. I do two or three temple bosses a day, which takes 30 to 45 minutes, and I get way more Dragonite Ore than I can do anything with.

If it was 100 of each material, or even better a fully made star, ingot and brick, then it would seem worth it. Least then it would save you a bit of gold and obsidian.

I am just really sick of the kittenty rewards vs. time/difficulty ratio in this game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Relying on ascended materials to incentivize boss fights seems like a bad idea because many of the top players are going to quickly get ascended items and stop overlooking the disproportional challenge and time investment required by these engagements. In that context, rewarding tons of gold and champion bags seems much more sustainable.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Very impressive. Well done.

Gone to Reddit.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

If it was 100 of each material, or even better a fully made star, ingot and brick, then it would seem worth it. Least then it would save you a bit of gold and obsidian.

I am just really sick of the kittenty rewards vs. time/difficulty ratio in this game.

QFT.

I’ve got stacks on stacks of this crap. I’m going to have to buy a bank expansion or start destroying it, because I get tons of Ascended mats and NOTHING I need to actually level crafting to a point where I can use the Ascended mats. Which is OK, since I’ll also need huge quantities of the things I can’t get now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I shall wait with my judgement some more days or weeks to see how new Tequatl win ratios around the world will evolve. But for now I am concerned.

Yeah I know where you stand man. Same boat as you Im just not sure where I stand because it is the first day. Great example there. I will also keep seeing how this fight goes.

I agree that it’s still too early to know for sure. But I don’t have much hope considering how much of the time limit BG used up with the extreme effort put in.

If that level of coordination remains the standard required to beat Teq, I don’t see many bothering to try after they’ve done it a couple times, or failed over and over for a week.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Tequatl Rising

Arrow.3856

Get ready for the upcoming nerf to champ loot, only way to get people to focus on other content. Nerf the content players like to do.

Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

Get ready for the upcoming nerf to champ loot, only way to get people to focus on other content. Nerf the content players like to do.

Nobody likes to do champ farming. They do it because ANet decided that the best possible path for the game was to introduce vast amounts of grinding that requires you to salvage dozens of thousands of items, and the most efficient way to grind salvageable items is to farm champs.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zero.5034

Zero.5034

Everyone seems to have misunderstood my post. I’m not angry or anything that BG beat Teq. I’m disappointed that they had to use outside resources to do it. Regardless of that resource being available to everyone, the other servers weren’t using them. To expect the entire map community to hop on TS every time a world event pops up is ridiculous and it’s not something that can be sustained. Without TS BG never would have beat Teq, that’s the point i’m making. I’m not calling them cheaters or anything like that, and i’m not angry at them. I’m just disappointed that they couldn’t do it without the help of an outside resource. Grats to BG for beating it, but in all reality any server that was using TS to coordinate could do it just as easily. That’s why i’m disappointed about it.

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

…I’m disappointed that they had to use outside resources to do it…

Not only that, someone is paying cash for that resource. Are they going to come buy every other server a massive TS host? Is ANet going to be paying for it?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I also don’t like that Blackgate beat it because that just makes everyone go “Well, Blackgate beat it, it’s doable” and this event won’t get the rework it deserves.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I also don’t like that Blackgate beat it because that just makes everyone go “Well, Blackgate beat it, it’s doable” and this event won’t get the rework it deserves.

That’s kind of a strange thing to say given that they did it, with massive teamwork, on the very first day it came out. While I understand it’s frustrating, I think people are overstating the difficulty.

Please give more players time to learn the event before anyone screams, “Nerf!”

It’s only been a day.

On the opposite side, remember the recent Queen event in Southsun? Everyone was underwhelmed with that and complained too. Again, just give the player-base at least a week to attempt this fully before you throw in the towel.

I don’t believe that’s too much to ask.

Gone to Reddit.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: OverblownEgo.8594

OverblownEgo.8594

I was not trying to be condescending. I was simply saying that you dont have to quantify the boss by what he gives you… but take pride in being able to say that you did it.

You didn’t beat him by yourself though, individually there’s very little to be proud of. You just happened to be on a server with 499 other people who were competent and organized (I’m assuming that’s the map limit). In a 25 person raid there’s still some pride to be had because you were good enough to be in the group and chosen for the purpose, in a world event it’s largely just up to luck.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Is that really all?

You get:

Dwayna, Lyssa, Grenth, Mel = about 120 Dragonite if you do them all

Just letting you guys know there are alternatives out there if you can’t get in a winning Teq server.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ayusaki.6739

Ayusaki.6739

…I’m disappointed that they had to use outside resources to do it…

Not only that, someone is paying cash for that resource. Are they going to come buy every other server a massive TS host? Is ANet going to be paying for it?

The resource is available to everyone, free. You can host it on your home computer if you so choose to. We decided it’d be best to host ours on a VPS, and yes, that does mean we had to pay for it. This was one of the options open to us. The fact remains, the option is there for someone willing to set it up for others to use, free of cost. I do not think this is a valid excuse at all.

http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php

“Non-Profit License registration is for NON-PROFIT entities who wish to increase their TeamSpeak 3 Server’s capacity to allow a maximum of 10 virtual servers and 512 slots. Non-profit entities include but are not limited to organizations such as online gaming clans, guilds, or friends and family who utilize TeamSpeak software in a manner in which profit or gain of any kind is NOT intended. "

[KnT] Kuliya/Kessumi/Kiyuu/Hit My Zerg Not Me

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I didn’t and still don’t care about the dragonite or other drops really. I knew I wouldn’t get an ascended or a mini really. It was trying to do it and see if I could. It took about 5 tries but it got done.
I agree that the fight does need tweaking tho, albeit minor. Needing vent and a massive massive amount of coordination goes against the principle of a pve meta really.
Maybe people will get used to the mechanics and it will be ok? Maybe the event will become a wasteland?
I really hope it doesn’t become a wasteland tho because it is the single challenge that gw 2 currently has to offer that is difficult.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Compared to the effort, coordination and timing (and luck for that matter) it takes to beat him. The rewards are a joke. I’ll try to beat him at least once, but depending on how it progresses from there, I will most likely never go there again afterwards.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

My server is “The Overflow”. Takes about 2 % off him.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hydrii.5136

Hydrii.5136

Hey Overflow is a legit server it outperformed my attempts on my main server by actually finishing stage 1 and firing a laser.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Hey Overflow is a legit server it outperformed my attempts on my main server by actually finishing stage 1 and firing a laser.

Seems legit! Maybe I should transfer there?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Valierie.8912

Valierie.8912

Hey guys! I was one of the turret operators for the successful Beastgate first world takedown of Taco, so I have some helpful hints.

1. If you are not on a turret, defend a turret.

2. Turret is the only thing that matters. (yeah ok maybe I’m kidding. A bit.)

If you are on a turret, you have five skills available to you.

#1, your standard turret attack. Use ONLY in the sixty-second stun period that tequatl goes into after getting fired at with the megalazer. When he is stunned, you are doing almost 10k damage every two seconds, otherwise it’s not worth it. (Keep an eye on your clenses during this period.)
#2, the debuff. Very important. Always keep on a cooldown just to be safe. When Blackgate managed to beat him we did lose a turret or two that made the wall go up very early. We recovered immediately, but I don’t recommend it.
#3, Cleanse. CLEANSE CLEANSE CLEANSE. Very important. Target the green cloudy stuff. That cloudy stuff can wipe your raid in the right place in four seconds. (Also, raids, please be sure you are close enough to both the east AND west turrets, half the time the west turrets cannot reach you with cleanse and buffs if you are too far on Tequatl’s right).

#4, Damage buff. Important, try and use this buff and target large numbers of grouped dps.
#5, Protection buff. Essentially the same as #4. Target large groups as often as the skill lets you.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s kind of a strange thing to say given that they did it, with massive teamwork, on the very first day it came out. While I understand it’s frustrating, I think people are overstating the difficulty.

Quite the opposite. This required an amount of effort that is only possible when the event is hot. It’s quite unlikely that several hours of organizing people can be duplicated more than few times. Especially since the reward doesn’t seem to be worth it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

I feel like if there was one more set of 3 turrets we’d be in a lot better position. Especially considering some people hop in and then by the time the even starts they’re afk ~_~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Quite the opposite. This required an amount of effort that is only possible when the event is hot. It’s quite unlikely that several hours of organizing people can be duplicated more than few times. Especially since the reward doesn’t seem to be worth it.

Exactly, Day One sees the highest population rush of the entire release. Ever single release is a massive laging, overflow, DCing mess. Day two is slightly better as player time is more spread out, and from there player participation falls like a stone.

Even the massive farmfest of the scarlet invasion, by day four maybe? No more overflows unless you showed up near the end.

Today, and possibly tomorrow, and unlikely the next day, was the highest level of player participation and drive to complete the content that will be seen for this event. If only one server managed it by now…

Frankly I’ll be impressed if even blackgate manages it three more times for the remainder of the event. I’d eat my hat if every server manages to without a nerf.

And if the content is really intended for only the best servers to win?
That’s likely a final nail in the LS coffin for a LOT of players.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: synchroscheme.6195

synchroscheme.6195

Last 3 attempts on Crystal Desert.

Attachments:

Conquest | Crystal Desert

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

TC 25%. Timer continued to run through him being stunned, tho

Attachments:

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

TC 25%. Timer continued to run through him being stunned, tho

DAMMIT, Doesn’t show the percent. That’s the third battery phase.

kitten Event Auto-Hide.

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

I’ma be honest. Probably the most fun I’ve had in GW2 so far.

TC’ll take it tomorrow!

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

TC’ll take it tomorrow!

Lead us to victory, Trax!

ends up in overflow

:(

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

TC’ll take it tomorrow!

ends up in overflow

But
he’s so bad, he rallied pve mobs.
jk

I agree, that was really fun. I think GW2 needed a PvE event like this, “let’s press 1” was getting very boring.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sylar.6827

Sylar.6827

I can already see this event nearly impossible or exactly impossible(hoping not that) on ferguson’s crossing… Lower populated servers need a 5 – 10 minute boost in time. otherwise this event on my server will be ghost town in a month or less. But i wonder who will be the first high populated server to get this event done.

that won’t work
we’ll just guest to that server in that case

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

TC’ll take it tomorrow!

ends up in overflow

But
he’s so bad, he rallied pve mobs.
jk

I agree, that was really fun. I think GW2 needed a PvE event like this, “let’s press 1” was getting very boring.

Yea I agree. About GW2 needing events like this, and Trax being so bad. Ok, let’s forget that I ever said the second thing…

It’s not even been 24hours since the event has been revamped and a server has already beaten it. Heck, Fire elemental used to be dead difficult when the game launched, and before this patch, for one whole year a lot of people couldn’t do Jormag properly. Sure it was beatable but half the people would die and many wouldn’t care about the golems.

Eventually everyone will beat Teq. Will take time and understanding of mechanics at player level to get used to it. The only thing that is temporary is Boss Week meta. Actual Tequatl achievements are permanent. Folks need to give it some time to get them. There’s no rush here.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shawker.9587

Shawker.9587

Inb4 Teq is nerfed and BG goes from “first” to “only server to beat Teq when it was actually hard”.

Beautiful.

Server: Blackgate
Profession: Dolyak Ass Kicker

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

This is great news, Blackgate is my home server.

Unfortunately I got put in the overflow during that event like quite a few others. This needs to be addressed, home players should be given priority of their servers.

But the boss fights are an interesting change!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Has he been killed on any other servers yet?

Or again on bg?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Unfortunately I got put in the overflow during that event like quite a few others. This needs to be addressed, home players should be given priority of their servers.

They are.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Or do what I’m doing. Guest on Black gate, stay in Sparkfly and wait for travel

Please don’t, it makes it impossible for players in Blackgate (you know, people actually from that server) to get into the main instance.

Being on biggest servers you expect to kicked to overflow a lot but the fact that i am now losing to a biggion guests sucks. I would love if they disabled guesting but i know that is not going to happen so there should at least be like 9 to 1 ratio so that native Bgers have the best shot of getting in.