Please don't redo anymore bosses

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kulle.6542

kulle.6542

Teq is just extremely frustrating. I’m sure you guys are looking at data and seeing it fail 99% of the time. Only a few hundred people downed him on specific servers and mostly on main servers, not overflows.

I’ve enjoyed all the previous living world updates except this months. Trib mode/ World 2 was extremely long, and painful… and now this.

I can’t believe you would put 2 updates this frustrating in the same month. I’ll wait for octobers updates to play again and I’m sure many others will also.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

2 Days after a patch and new content isn’t farmable???? Better nerf it to hell!!! The game suffers from people like you, I hope they redo all the dragons to have similiar difficulties if not harder.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

2 Days after a patch and new content isn’t farmable???? Better nerf it to hell!!! The game suffers from people like you, I hope they redo all the dragons to have similiar difficulties if not harder.

If the game suffers or not, its a matter of perspective. One will say the game is bad becouse its too hard, someone will say its bad becouse its too easy. The same debate goes since years in WoW. Some people say WoW is loosing people becouse its too easy now, others claim that it would loose much more if it would not go easier over the years. Where is the truth? The fact is, we dont know. Perhaps Arena or Blizzard gets enough metrics to suspect it. But none of our random garbage talk on forum can pose as a verdict.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

And here they were hoping they could farm some easy acsended weapons. Im begining to like Tequatl revamp more and more, wouldnt mind if i never defeat him myself ill be happy camper just seeing all tears flowing on forums!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Tribulation mode was designed to be painful. It’s called TRIBULATION MODE and you access it by talking to an Angry rain cloud and choosing “Yea I’m into that kind of thing. Don’t judge me!”

If you thought it was going to be anything but painful then you need to re-evaluate your reading comprehension.

If people fail 99% in the beginning of content release that is called normal. Especially when people go into it blind, not knowing the mechanics at all. Look at how many servers have completed it now compared to the first day. It’s up to what, 7? 8? Some of those completing it multiple times?

Should wait at least 30 days before you begin to cry. Give people a chance to learn it and such. It’s exactly like SAB Trib. Day ONE: OMG ITS SO HARD I HATE THIS WTF ANET!!! Day TEN: TRIB MODE IS AWESOME ITS FINALLY HARD CONTENT AND I LOVE IT!!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

Should wait at least 30 days before you begin to cry. Give people a chance to learn it and such. It’s exactly like SAB Trib. Day ONE: OMG ITS SO HARD I HATE THIS WTF ANET!!! Day TEN: TRIB MODE IS AWESOME ITS FINALLY HARD CONTENT AND I LOVE IT!!

Except those two quotes would not be said by same person. Its called opinions. Which side is more represented? I dont know. You dont know. Ask Arena.net.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Tribulation Mode also has a guaranteed reward not obtainable in any other content, though. Unlike Tequatl – whose unique rewards have just a rare chance to drop.
And you can do Tribulation Mode in solo – you don’t need to depend on anyone else. Oh, sure, you can do it in 5 people…but then you spend quite more time than doing it alone, cause being more people also increase the chance someone will do something wrong.
And with Tequatl you have over one hundred people, with a large part of those that should do anything right, especially the ones on the turrets. And if they aren’t able to do it right, the other people are screwed even if they play perfectly…

in Tequatl Rising

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Except those two quotes would not be said by same person. Its called opinions. Which side is more represented? I dont know. You dont know. Ask Arena.net.

Wrong again, I was one of those people who hated Tribulation mode at first. Now I love it. Your opinion fails quite hard in retrospect.

~De Oppresso Libre~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope they rework all bosses.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

Wrong again, I was one of those people who hated Tribulation mode at first. Now I love it. Your opinion fails quite hard in retrospect.

In this case you a kind of peculiar person. If I hate something, I wont suddenly start to love it. If I love something, I wont suddenly start to hate it. Unless something changes it and SAB didnt changed. So yeah, a bit strange. And also seeing as you already brand me a failure, I suspect there might be something into this. Perhaps I should stay away. You forgot to add that I am an idiot, but I get it that you dont want to get reported, so uhm, thanks, I guess

(edited by Awe.1096)

in Tequatl Rising

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

In this case you a kind of peculiar person. If I hate something, I wont suddenly start to love it. If I love something, I wont suddenly start to hate it. Unless something changes it and SAB didnt changed. So yeah, a bit strange. And also seeing as you already brand me a failure, I suspect there might be something into this. Perhaps I should stay away. You forgot to add that I am an idiot, but I get it that you dont want to get reported, so uhm, thanks, I guess

It’s odd you think I’m insulting you, I simply stated your opinion is very close-minded to what you think is ‘normal’. The fact you think I wanted to call you an idiot proves your close-minded attitude of “I’m right your wrong”.

Ever heard of Dark Souls? Probably the most punishing game on the planet. And I can almost gaurantee the people who play it have a love/hate relationship with it. One in which they HATE how hard it is but LOVE playing it and progressing/learning from their mistakes and suddenly what seemed stupid hard at first is now a push over.

~De Oppresso Libre~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Erichermit.6018

Erichermit.6018

I’m pretty much fine with most of the ordinary bosses after the new rework, but I really would like to see all the Dragon Champions have the same power as teq.

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

Ever heard of Dark Souls? Probably the most punishing game on the planet. And I can almost gaurantee the people who play it have a love/hate relationship with it. One in which they HATE how hard it is but LOVE playing it and progressing/learning from their mistakes and suddenly what seemed stupid hard at first is now a push over.

Well another strange thing. I completed Dark Souls. And I liked it. The difference is, it was advertised as a challenge game. Buy it, play it, struggle, complete, be done with it. WoW is pretty much advertised as a raiding platform. Someone likes it? Go ahead. Diablo III is advertised as a loot grinder. Someone likes it? Go ahead. How was GW2 advertised? Why I bought it? Why I spent 2000$ on a new PC just to play it comfortably? Becouse of the way it was advertised and based on what I remember from GW1. Why Arena now decides to change it? Why adding ascended grind? Why keep adding content which “no of our testers was able to beat”? Is this still true to their manifest from 2012?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

They BETTER rework ALL the bosses to be this challenging. At least ALL the Dragons. It’s a bit strange now how Claw is much, much, much easier than Teq. This will once again be a farmable event, it just takes more than having one hand on our 1 key and the other around your… well.. I won’t go further.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They BETTER rework ALL the bosses to be this challenging. At least ALL the Dragons.

Oh, i hope they will rework claw to the same level and requirements. I will be then sitting comfortably, eating popcorn and watching all the rage of “elites” aimed at the FG champion farm train taking half the map slots.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Honestly I think the new mechanics of the Teq fight are fine it’s just a matter of it being way to over the top as far as manpower requirements go. It’s designed for 80+ people atm, well in a few months when Teq isn’t all the rage anymore it’s going to be kitten near impossible to round up 80+ people to even attempt to fight him.

If they intend on making other dragon bosses as tough as Teqautl is now they had better make it so it at least scales down so groups of 40 or so can reasonably have a shot at it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Its not designed for 80 people, it takes 150ish or more.

The fact is, it is a world boss… that cannot be defeated unless over a hundred people organize on voice chat.

The point of a world boss is that anyone can join in, so this defeats the purpose. If this were a raid, it would be great.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Its not designed for 80 people, it takes 150ish or more.

The fact is, it is a world boss… that cannot be defeated unless over a hundred people organize on voice chat.

The point of a world boss is that anyone can join in, so this defeats the purpose. If this were a raid, it would be great.

Agreed 100%.

This content is not at all drop-in/drop-out open world event content. It’s much more keyed to large guilds and organized VOIP communication which is the complete opposite of public drop-in / drop-out open world events.

It has no place being there in the first place, and it should have been put in a raid dungeon or a guild mission. It’s as simple as that and I don’t have any idea why ANET did this. It makes me mad because this was an obvious mistake that shouldn’t have happened. They need to fix this mess asap, and not do this again.

Now you have people leaving their own servers to go into the ones that have beat them, making the whole thing even more of a cluster mess disaster.

You have people staying for the fight and disconnecting because there are too many people in an area as well, or its so laggy that they cannot avoid the things they should be avoiding during this fight, resulting in too many deaths and failing the boss.

I am so mad and disappointed right now.

There are so many things working against this new update that if they did it a 2nd time or didn’t nerf this, I would question the people in charge. This makes no sense at all and it’s just not enjoyable content at all. It’s a frustrating mess that wasn’t needed.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Trafficone.5301

Trafficone.5301

I haven’t beaten Tequatl yet, but I love this update, and I want more like it. I’m so happy that there’s finally some seriously challenging open world content that takes skill and coordination and not just mindless zerging. If The Shatterer gets a similar update, I would be one happy camper. Please don’t nerf Tequatl!

Boughmaster – Necromousy – Furfriend – Sapterfuge
The Rescuer – Smoke And Flowers – Nectar Protector – Dhuumwind –
Specter Protector – Pushed Daisies – Imprinted – Die Groundlings

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

You arenanet apologists are so annoying. Did the OP say anything about farming? No s/he didn’t. Has sab world 2 had issues that even the dev mentioned? Yes it has. Does the OP find the new taquito fight fun? No s/he doesn’t.

The OP has valid complaints about the content and has every right to air them without some anet wannabe lackey posting superfluous claptrap to try and derail things.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

They’re dragons. I think they ought to be pretty close to impossible to beat.

I welcome the challenge, and I look forward to when they upgrade Shatterer and Claw of Jormag, too.

Also, why are people who like the challenge automatically ‘arenanet apologists’? That makes no sense. ‘I like a challenge, so I must be kissing backside’?

Can we think before we speak, please?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

The game suffers from people like you.

oh the irony, it will literally slap anyone in the face that reads your comment.

you know they made challenging content like this before, it was called the karka queen, now go to southsun and tell me what its like today? tell me if its thriving because they made content geared towards you and not the people who’s making the game suffer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I love the challenge they represent, however the medium for that challenge is inappropriate. This fight would have made an absolutely amazing 25m-raid. I would have enjoyed it weekly for months on end as a raid with a chance to get awesome exclusive loot.

As it is presented now it is frustrating, annoying, and nearly impossible unless you manage to take the open world out of the open world and get only your guild and friends in.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

I welcome the challenge, and I look forward to when they upgrade Shatterer and Claw of Jormag, too.

Also, why are people who like the challenge automatically ‘arenanet apologists’? That makes no sense. ‘I like a challenge, so I must be kissing backside’?

Then how is it that 1 charr, a norn and her wolf, 2 asuras, a human and a sylvari are able kill dragon champions by themselves?

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cheerful.2583

Cheerful.2583

You arenanet apologists are so annoying. Did the OP say anything about farming? No s/he didn’t. Has sab world 2 had issues that even the dev mentioned? Yes it has. Does the OP find the new taquito fight fun? No s/he doesn’t.

The OP has valid complaints about the content and has every right to air them without some anet wannabe lackey posting superfluous claptrap to try and derail things.

Thats exactly what i try to say too. Many players like it harder. no one wants to farm the boss. Couldnt do that anyway. but there is a RARE chance for a good loot.
put that to the 0,5% chance to kill him. only large zergs – well organized can do this – with only a few leechers. so most of the servers/players wont be able to even see any chest from teq. i am not talking about brainkitten ssfarming. but events should scale accordingly to the players – wich seem not the case.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: PlayerX.5307

PlayerX.5307

Well another strange thing. I completed Dark Souls. And I liked it. The difference is, it was advertised as a challenge game. Buy it, play it, struggle, complete, be done with it. WoW is pretty much advertised as a raiding platform. Someone likes it? Go ahead. Diablo III is advertised as a loot grinder. Someone likes it? Go ahead. How was GW2 advertised? Why I bought it? Why I spent 2000$ on a new PC just to play it comfortably? Becouse of the way it was advertised and based on what I remember from GW1. Why Arena now decides to change it? Why adding ascended grind? Why keep adding content which “no of our testers was able to beat”? Is this still true to their manifest from 2012?

What? You are basing a game off a older version of a game that isn’t even remotely the same? Aka GW1 is NOTHING like GW2. You were even told this before release. And you are asking why Anet is adding difficult content? Seriously? This is a MMO. Go do something in the game that is easier. It is your choice. Everything won’t be easy for you to obtain. “No of our testers was able to beat” WHAT?! what is this?! WHHHATTTTT? People are already beating the dragon.

Ugh…. people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I disagree with the OP.

ANET, keep changing content. Keep making some things harder. Keep doing what you’re doing. I love this game and I love where it’s gone and where it’s going.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: PlayerX.5307

PlayerX.5307

Then how is it that 1 charr, a norn and her wolf, 2 asuras, a human and a sylvari are able kill dragon champions by themselves?

Because you are not as cool as Trahearne or any of the other cool “cats”. See what I did there?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Ignore this thread. Please redo the rest of them. AFK auto attacking dragons isn’t my idea of fun.

The only thing that needs to be addressed it difficulty. Teq is doable, but it is very unlikely that an overflow will get it done.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

Don’t redo any more world events… add content like the new Tequatl but in instances or something like that… I like the challenge, hate it in the open world.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Ignore this thread. Please redo the rest of them.

Why not add NEW encounters ? When the shiny wears off teq it is going to be completely abandoned. Or non prime time players, they will NEVER be able to accomplish it.

They have basically REMOVED a dragon encounter.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Enought with people wanting raids already. Only a handful of people actually wan that content. There is already a 100 different games out there that have raids so go play those. GW2 was suppose to be a different game. You add raids and it will finally be the death of the game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

IMO, they’re welcome to re-do events for more spectacle. They’re welcome to add more varied mechanics, that force players to move around and actually feel some sense of danger.

What they’re not welcome to do is require a full map performing at optimum efficiency, just to get anywhere in an event. We’re players, not drones.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

IMO, they’re welcome to re-do events for more spectacle. They’re welcome to add more varied mechanics, that force players to move around and actually feel some sense of danger.

What they’re not welcome to do is require a full map performing at optimum efficiency, just to get anywhere in an event. We’re players, not drones.

Exactly

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

What this game needs is more “Organisation tools”. The LFG tool will be a good start. But they should expand on the commander stuff. The only problem with this fight is getting everyone organised. Atm it’s unthinkable doing it without TS.

Organisation tools will need to be implemented ingame if they plan on adding more and more challenging content. WvW needed these tools at release.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Drones do things because that is what they are told to do and do it mindlessly….

You have the freedom not to do this one event. Just saying…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

See you at Tequatl one month from now. I look forward to beating him with you. ^.^

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

What this game needs is more “Organisation tools”. The LFG tool will be a good start. But they should expand on the commander stuff. The only problem with this fight is getting everyone organised. Atm it’s unthinkable doing it without TS.

Organisation tools will need to be implemented ingame if they plan on adding more and more challenging content. WvW needed these tools at release.

I agree 100%.
There really is 0 way that you can do it in an unorganized overflow where people are popping in and out of the zone, being afk or trolling the turrets just for fun.
This should either be in an instanced raid or allow us to have the ability to organize better.
You do need TS or a similar program to do him which is kinda against the open world policy of dragon metas.
That being said, I love the encounter and when we beat him on BG for the world 1st it was the best feeling that I have had in the game. That feeling where you really tried hard to complete a task and finally accomplish it. There was nothing in the game that could really provide that before.
I think the encounter should stay the same but either implement a means of coordination, toss it into an instance, or something similar that I cannot think of.

To the OP. I want them to redo the bosses with the caveat that we also have the tools to organize ourselves to do the content.
I for one will not even attempt to do it unless I am in the main server and we are all on TS etc.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

they are supposed to be World Bosses not loot pinatas.
I can’t wait for, at the very least, the Dragons to be redone.
The are Dragons! they should be fearsome beasts.
I would be ecstatic if the redid the other lesser world bosses too.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I would like a rework of all bosses , and have mechanics similar to Tequatl’s , but the timers need to be extended or taken away.

Instead of failure being because a timer goes down , why not failure be because the players didn’t defend a structure or escort something?

A good example would be the batteries for the megalazer. If one battery goes down then Tequatl uses that insta-kill tidal wave and the event fails.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

After everybody has their achievements/get their loot it’ll be a ghost town event like the Karka Queen lol. I’m not a Betting man, but I’ll wager on it. Well, I do like to gamble some….

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.