Tequatl is Elite Content

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

From all of us players who enjoy a good challenge, much praise goes to the Devs who reworked Teq. He went from a boring “spam 1” boss to a “zomg jump over the wave or you die” boss.

Now then. I think everyone understands this already, so I’ll just say it straight. Tequatl is now Elite content. There are no buffs or nerfs to be had. The amount of hair pulling moments, and Commanders screaming into voice comms makes this one of the best free content additions to the game.

While players with various skill levels are welcome to play it, in order to succeed, you need the following:

1) Full grasp of game mechanics
2) Ability to pay attention to map leadership. Joining squads helps a lot if not on voice comm like Vent or Team Speak.
3) Full Exotic gear. Masterwork and Rares are welcome, but not preferred.
4) Understanding that we will rez downed players, but not dead ones. If you are dead, WP quickly so you can rejoin the fight.
5) Ability to multitask in combat. You may go from attacking Tequatl, to defending turrets in the blink of an eye. Be prepared for anything.
6) Take your bathroom breaks BEFORE Teq lands. Leaving to go to the potty, while on a turret will make people upset.
7) Full agreement that failing the event isn’t the end of the world. Use the loss as a learning tool. Know your mistakes, and fix them.
8) If you win, you must mail Martin cookies. Double the order if your drop is an Ascended weapon or Precursor.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I don’t see what’s elite about being lucky to get on main server and not in an overflow.

What they did is good, i love it…but till they either fix/enlarge or remove the concept of overflows this is a failed attempt for me.

This event honestly entices me to get an autoclicker and afk on that map. Well thought out system der’

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ And yet as far as I know there is still only one “main server” that have complete it. So clearly the main issue is not overflows..

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

While players with various skill levels are welcome to play it, in order to succeed, you need the following:

2) Ability to pay attention to map leadership. Joining squads helps a lot if not on voice comm like Vent or Team Speak.
4) Understanding that we will rez downed players, but not dead ones. If you are dead, WP quickly so you can rejoin the fight.
5) Ability to multitask in combat. You may go from attacking Tequatl, to defending turrets in the blink of an eye. Be prepared for anything.
6) Take your bathroom breaks BEFORE Teq lands. Leaving to go to the potty, while on a turret will make people upset.
7) Full agreement that failing the event isn’t the end of the world. Use the loss as a learning tool. Know your mistakes, and fix them.
8) If you win, you must mail Martin cookies. Double the order if your drop is an Ascended weapon or Precursor.

9) Over a hundred players!
10) Not be in an overflow.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

None of that is even close to elite. If you can do all of that in wvw you just barely aren’t useless. The simple fact is that people can fail at things that take no skill just by being lazy.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I don’t see what’s elite about being lucky to get on main server and not in an overflow.

What they did is good, i love it…but till they either fix/enlarge or remove the concept of overflows this is a failed attempt for me.

This event honestly entices me to get an autoclicker and afk on that map. Well thought out system der’

The weak shall fall the strong will survive!

(read: eventually people will who have failed, ot too ‘casual’ will leave the event. After that the dediacated people will remain on your server and will succeed! Mark my words, they WILL succeed!)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I am all up for hard content etc. however this boss seems to require 50 ppl to sit on TS and run certain specs… by definition it is nothing else but pve guild

So in my opinion, current Teq is fine…as guild event but not as open world even where pugs could join.

I agree old Teq was too easy, but they could have buffed him in the way where he was still managable like other buffed bosses.

Why am i writing all this? Well, the issue is, that given how much it requires to kill Teq now i don’t see people running it anymore outside of maybe few guilds who are interested in that kind of thing. If i am correct, he will just end up like temple encounter that nobody really wanted to bother with before ascended came out. For rewards he gives, it is just too much of work and time invested for a pug person.

Either make him to guild even thing or he needs some changes so the rewards he gives and amount of effort you have to put to kill him are not disproportional.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s content that favours a specific strategy (it requires certain things) and it currently favours organising the masses. WvW servers will find this easier than others (they already organised themselves to transfer to BG in the first place) because they already have a heavy reliance on VOIP. If anything it’s which server/overflow can herd its people the best.

I think it’s far from elite (Liadri defeats were usually skill based and thus elite) but rather who can mimic the best strategy and which server has the least amount of dead weight. You as an individual (even your guild) can do all the right things and it won’t matter if the majority of people are doing it for the first time and not being particularly effective. At a certain point you’ve done all you can do, it comes down to whether or not the people around you can follow simple instructions.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Elite content is fine, as long as its in an instance for guilds to have at it…

Open world boss for everyone should be killable by everyone.. not just organized groups of 130+

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jazirian.9840

Jazirian.9840

(read: eventually people will who have failed, ot too ‘casual’ will leave the event. After that the dediacated people will remain on your server and will succeed! Mark my words, they WILL succeed!)

Maybe they’ll succeed once or twice. Most of the time they’re going to be trolled by a couple of people sitting in turrets.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Maybe… If they happen to be 130+ dedicated players that are all in the same map together. I don’t see the event lasting long with the current timer. People will try it for a week, and then realize that it’s a waste of their time, especially given the average rewards. You’re just not going to organize that many players every single time that Tequatl rears it’s ugly head. It’s too high a requirement, and too much effort, for such a poor reward.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ppl are coming to realize that. Back when i opened up a thread about “it’s all down to the loot, if ppl will continue wasting time on this or not” forumers started qqing.

The whole idea of raids even in wow was that u were 100% sure u will get top items at the end…they might of might not be for your class (in wow) but you were positive the loot at the end was well worth the effort invested and was guaranteed. If there’s no goal, why do it? At first the goal is to defeat him, i get that..let’s say that lasts 2 weeks and u manage to take him down each day. After that? What goal do u have.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Ppl are coming to realize that. Back when i opened up a thread about “it’s all down to the loot, if ppl will continue wasting time on this or not” forumers started qqing.

I think a boss fight can still be fun to do, even with bad loot, if the battle itself is fun. Tequatl certainly has some interesting and fun mechanics now. But bad rewards, combined with guaranteed failure if you don’t have a 130+ group of organized well equipped players, will just turn this event into a ghost town quickly (unless they tweak the battle soon).

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Enough with the overflow blaming.

Take some ownership for failures.

Once everyone is familiar with the sequence it won’t matter which server you’re on.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Elite content?

Tequatl is in a mid-level zone and the “first” dragon boss many new players encounter – a world boss version of the Claw Island mission. How exactly is he even supposed to be elite content to begin with!?! I understand if it would have been bloody Jormag, but not the noob dragon.

Next thing people are going to come with the same argument as AC… “Oh but you dont need to be 80 in exotic gear, you can beat him with level 55 characters in greens, us elite players do it all the time!”.

Can a boss be hard? Sure, we like difficult content. But Tequatl is too hard for the zone he is in. People that cant see that are completely blind. They could have made a new Zhaitan world boss in Cursed Shore like this and alot fewer would have complained!

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Elite content?

Tequatl is in a mid-level zone and the “first” dragon boss many new players encounter – a world boss version of the Claw Island mission. How exactly is he even supposed to be elite content to begin with!?! I understand if it would have been bloody Jormag, but not the noob dragon.

Next thing people are going to come with the same argument as AC… “Oh but you dont need to be 80 in exotic gear, you can beat him with level 55 characters in greens, us elite players do it all the time!”.

Can a boss be hard? Sure, we like difficult content. But Tequatl is too hard for the zone he is in. People that cant see that are completely blind. They could have made a new Zhaitan world boss in Cursed Shore like this and alot fewer would have complained!

This guys is quoted for truth. If they needed a boss of this difficulty (and the near 100% failure rate so far says it’s overdone) it should be a new boss, tucked away in some corner of one of the lvl 80 zones. Not the first dragon fight most people should be able to do. I say should because as it stands, it’s nearly impossible.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

11) Be melee, condition damage is discriminated by anet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

I do not disagree with any part of this list. Nevertheless, Teq is now raid-caliber content and it does not belong in the open world. Scale this as a 24 man instance and then I’ll congratulate Anet on a job well done. To require uber-gear and tactics for open world content in a level 58 zone is irresponsible. Sorry guys, but all of the QQ is completely justified in this case, and I don’t normally side with the complainers.

(edited by carabidus.6214)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’m really happy we have a metaevent that has a high chance of failure. If anyone wants easy content, there is well more than two dozen faceroll metaevents out there with appropriate rewards for effort.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

11) Be melee, condition damage is discriminated by anet.

How about making yourself useful by defending turrets instead of going for Teq?! There are lots of spawns constantly attacking and conditions will always help…especially blinds and vunerability. Or bring other skills to help the group that you normally dont bring like signets that group rez, or walls that block , or group buffs etc. It is not all about dps all the time.

Ex.) Ele’s with fiery greatsword or ice bows seems to work great due to large aoes, so if your a conditon ele, just change 2 skills…etc. They can hit all 3 Teq targets at once for extra damage.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Raid type content should be the same in any zone, regardless of the lv requirement of said zone. If the Shadow Behemoth was made similar to Teq, the people would still be complaining that low levels should be able to kill him. Remember downscaling. A fresh lv 10 player will always be inferior to a downscaled lv 80 → lv 10 with full Exotic/Ascended gear.

Tequatl isn’t for everyone. Sure they can participate all they want, but unless blob is organized and skilled, it’s a 100% failure. The same goes for any type of group content. If you have multiple players doing their own thing instead of working together, you can fail even CoF.

Now on to the complaint about rewards. For 15 minutes of content, you have a chance to get exclusive weapon skins and even a mini. How can anyone even make a complaint about this? If you fail to complete the objective, sure you won’t get your loot. If you could get an exclusive Ascended weapon each time to fought Teq, win or fail, then you defeat the whole purpose of this new challenging content. At that point, you might as well as Anet to give everyone a free Legendary in the mail.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

3) Ascended gear. get upgraded or go home, this is a DPS race not a walk.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Define Elite? Lucky enough to be on a server and/or instance with people who have all those qualities?

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET’s mistake here was in changing Tequatl. They should have left him alone and instead introduced a new dragon somewhere else in the world.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

3) Ascended gear. get upgraded or go home, this is a DPS race not a walk.

Yeah I know. But I was mainly saying that we can’t force you to gear up to play. Only if you actually want a better change to win.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Haven’t you been advocating (for some time) that exotic and ascended gears were only wants, that we didn’t need those?

If so can 100 players do this event in all masterwork gears (w/o voice coms ofc as it’s 3rd party)?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Haven’t you been advocating (for some time) that exotic and ascended gears were only wants, that we didn’t need those?

If so can 100 players do this event in all masterwork gears (w/o voice coms ofc as it’s 3rd party)?

You don’t need to have them, just as you don’t need to fight Tequatl. This is for the Elites who want to actually beat him. We choose to have the gear.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Just tried him/her/it on my server. What I noticed;
1. People didn’t know what they where suppose to be doing.
2. The amount of people needed is crazy. By the time we had inflicted about 5% damage the timer ran out.
3. It would also apear that this content has already be pleased in the too much effort category, on my server at any rate, judging by he 20-30 people who where attempting to take it down.
From what I’ve read on the forum, the amount of planning and specific gear/build requirements for the zone level is just silly. I’m all up for difficult content. But when this is an open world event where everyone and anyone can join something needs to give. Maybe the timer should only be a factor if there are a lot of people in the map. Or as people have said move the encounter to a level 80 zone. I really like Guild Wars 2, but it just seems like some updates are well planed and others are kitten.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Essence Snow.3194

You don’t need to have them, just as you don’t need to fight Tequatl. This is for the Elites who want to actually beat him. We choose to have the gear.

So it’s perfectly acceptable to have gear gated content now?

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Just tried him/her/it on my server. What I noticed;
1. People didn’t know what they where suppose to be doing.
2. The amount of people needed is crazy. By the time we had inflicted about 5% damage the timer ran out.
3. It would also apear that this content has already be pleased in the too much effort category, on my server at any rate, judging by he 20-30 people who where attempting to take it down.
From what I’ve read on the forum, the amount of planning and specific gear/build requirements for the zone level is just silly. I’m all up for difficult content. But when this is an open world event where everyone and anyone can join something needs to give. Maybe the timer should only be a factor if there are a lot of people in the map. Or as people have said move the encounter to a level 80 zone. I really like Guild Wars 2, but it just seems like some updates are well planed and others are kitten.

That just means your server isn’t ready for him. Remember – Elite Content. That means it’s not for everyone, or anyone just randomly strolling by the zone.

So it’s perfectly acceptable to have gear gated content now?

When was it ever not ok to have the best gear?

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Elite content should be instanced, not open world.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

World events = Open world.

Elite World events = still open world

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Elite content? are you joking? Watch bogotters video, its 100 people ZERGballed up, NOT bothering to dodge the waves, because of instant res, not using any strategy except skillspam in a zergball. If this is your idea of elite content, you need to look up the definition of elite

Teq is now the ultimate example of zerging down a boss, because its IMPOSSIBLE to beat without a massive bg/tc style zerg. other world bosses can actually be defeated by a small group of coordinated players, but this, not ever without a big mindless zerg spamming skills when they come off cd. not elite at all, just requires a larger zerg than other content

(edited by Shemsu.8721)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Elite content? are you joking? Watch bogotters video, its 100 people ZERGballed up, NOT bothering to dodge the waves, because of instant res, not using any strategy except skillspam in a zergball. If this is your idea of elite content, you need to look up the definition of elite

Teq is now the ultimate example of zerging down a boss, because its IMPOSSIBLE to beat without a massive bg/tc style zerg. other world bosses can actually be defeated by a small group of coordinated players, but this, not ever without a big mindless zerg spamming skills when they come off cd. not elite at all, just requires a larger zerg than other content

Unless you’ve beaten Tequatl, I don’t think you can make any claims that this isn’t Elite level. People are using mechanics of the game. If someone power rezzes the masses using a skill, then it’s working as intended. We’re used to this in WvW, because we’re organized.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Essence Snow.3194

When was it ever not ok to have the best gear?

I’m pretty sure you have said that it wasn’t needed for anything multiple times.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

TurtleDragon.3108

And im saying the 2nd one shouldn’t exist. Elite content belongs in an instance where you have control over who you bring and the content is not leechable, gated by overflows or having immense server lag with 100+ ppl.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Not to mention the use of certain exploits like fiery rush. Anet should ban everyone who abuse that skill.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Essence Snow.3194

Not to mention the use of certain exploits like fiery rush. Anet should ban everyone who abuse that skill.

Plz tell me that’s sarcasm!

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Unless you’ve beaten Tequatl, I don’t think you can make any claims that this isn’t Elite level. People are using mechanics of the game. If someone power rezzes the masses using a skill, then it’s working as intended. We’re used to this in WvW, because we’re organized.

Yet we have 30 or 40 people trying their kitten best to do this with the same strategy while the other 50 or more are running around like headless chickens. But yeah, we are just scrubs who don’t know how to abuse the mechanics of the game.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

ANET’s mistake here was in changing Tequatl. They should have left him alone and instead introduced a new dragon somewhere else in the world.

It is not a mistake. Many people specifically requested changes to the dragons. Me included. We thought they were too easy. I hope they revisit all the dragon fights and improve them in a similar manner.

I’ve run it 4 times now and the best we have managed so far is down to around 70% (the latest run that just finished). This is fine.

I can identify a few easy spots where things go wrong:
1. People who are defeated refuse to use the WP
2. People don’t defend turrets
3. Turrets don’t cleanse other turrets when they are hit by poison patch

There are also a few enemies that require immediate attention from turret defenders such as the champ grub. It does very nasty damage.

Finally once T gets hit by the megalazor it takes very significant amount of damage from all attacks. Basically the first phase is the most demoralizing one since all your attacks seem to do very little.

I recommend people analyzing the fight and their results a bit more and then figuring what they could do better.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You can be the best player in the game and this event will still fail because it demands large numbers and there aren’t any restrictions on who can participate. Not sure what is so elite about this content if it was instanced it would be easily done there are too many factors you can’t control in open world content

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

haviz.1340

Here, an elite pve guild explains that very clearly.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Essence Snow.3194

Here, an elite pve guild explains that very clearly.

Well okay, but you do realize that the lupi video in your signature fully takes advantage of it? Is it a “do as I say, not as I do” type of a deal?

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

haviz.1340

Well okay, but you do realize that the lupi video in your signature fully takes advantage of it? Is it do as I say, not as I do type of a deal?

I’m actually making fun of that guild. I was sarcastic at the beginning.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Essence Snow.3194

Well okay, but you do realize that the lupi video in your signature fully takes advantage of it? Is it do as I say, not as I do type of a deal?

I’m actually making fun of that guild. I was sarcastic at the beginning.

Right on…my apologies.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

I have no issues with banner res, but dont call zergball ‘elite’ content, and yes I understand that wvw has devolved into nothing more than mindless zergs and skill spam/skill lag.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

One question I’ve been having is why is this caliber of event, where you do need top-of-the-line equipment and skill, in a level 55-65 zone? I’d feel bad if any new player were to happen to be in the splintered coast as Tequatl spawned now.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

And im saying the 2nd one shouldn’t exist. Elite content belongs in an instance where you have control over who you bring and the content is not leechable, gated by overflows or having immense server lag with 100+ ppl.

And then GW2 will become like every other MMO with class/build/guild exclusion. I can just see it now, nothing but mesmers eles guards and wars in this instance all having to show their ascendeds at the door. I came to GW2 from other games SPECIFICALLY to avoid content exclusion. I’ve had enough of it. There is nothing in this game that is out of reach to me. I can join anything I want without being excluded. This is the game they presented and hope they continue to build toward.

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

(edited by Dextra.8162)

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

TurtleDragon.3108

And then GW2 will become like every other MMO with class/build/guild exclusion. I can just see it now, nothing but mesmers eles guards and wars in this instance all having to show their ascendeds at the door. I came to GW2 from other games SPECIFICALLY to avoid content exclusion. I’ve had enough of it. There is nothing in this game that is out of reach to me. I can join anything I want without being excluded. This is the game they presented and hope they continue to build toward.

There is already content exclusion in this game: FotM requring AR at higher levels. And the whole point of elite content is that not everyone can do it, if everyone could do it it wouldn’t be elite. Even if there wasn’t, people would make artificial gates to avoid running with new or inexperienced players anyways.

Tequatl is Elite Content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

Elite content?

Actually, first dragon boss is the Shatterer, which is still a spam #1 world boss at the moment and only thing patch ever did was triple his hp pool.

As for is Tequatl too hard for the zone he is in?

I think everyone should already know how to dodge by the time of AC(lv30ish) and everyone know how to read(lv???) by defult right? So the only problem is learn the fight and stop just lay there when you are fully dead.