The Shatterer is too easy to kill

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

People are still standing on the same spot and killing him… Nobody is moving. His attacks are weak. Nobody is dying…
Can you upgrade him, so he can become stronger, just like you did with tequatl dragon

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zetazmanian.1478

zetazmanian.1478

Don’t worry, eventually he’ll get revamped as well.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

If you make every dragon like sunless you won’t be seeing anyone but guildies doing this event and that is not something Anet wants, and honestly if they did GW2 will just die even more. GW2 is a casual game, not a raid game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well casuals can kill boars and stuff. Dragons are probably kind or badkittens irl too so you need real army if you wanna kill one.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well casuals can kill boars and stuff. Dragons are probably kind or badkittens irl too so you need real army if you wanna kill one.

Dragons aren’t real at all. This is a game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

Don’t worry, eventually he’ll be forgotten by the player base as well.

fixed it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

People are still standing on the same spot and killing him… Nobody is moving. His attacks are weak. Nobody is dying…
Can you upgrade him, so he can become stronger, just like you did with tequatl dragon

old news from 2012

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Dragons aren’t real at all. This is a game.

It is a game, but immersion and challenge is something some players like in their games. Taking out a dragon with people sitting there auto attacking and absorbing the dragon’s huge attacks isn’t very immersive or challenging. There are plenty of non-challenging bosses in the game still. If five of the bosses that give bonus chests are revamped that still leaves plenty of options:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest#Bonus_chest

That said, I do think there is an alternative that could be implemented to help players still get the satisfaction of killing the dragon champions at lower difficulties. Basically, Arena Net can implement a scaling system that is based on number of players AND how successful the server has been in the past at the encounter. If the server succeeds at the world boss, it is harder and more rewarding the next time around. If they fail, it gets easier and less rewarding.

Guesting will still cause problems with this, as those who are loot driven instead of challenge driven will still try and piggy back on the best servers. That is a separate problem I have no good solutions for, but should probably be addressed as it affects more than just Tequatl.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Shatterer does still need help. As well as Maw/SB. I still don’t think SB’s buffs were added in.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you make every dragon like sunless you won’t be seeing anyone but guildies doing this event and that is not something Anet wants, and honestly if they did GW2 will just die even more. GW2 is a casual game, not a raid game.

I’m a casual (I’ve played 4 hours this week, might make it to 8 with the weekend) and I’d rather see the dragons be threatening and wreck kitten than being a loot Piñata, and there’s nothing stopping you from tagging along with those guilds to complete the event.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Almost, without exception, Dragons in fantasy games, books, movies are portrayed as ‘THE ULIMATE’ creature.
I hated that GW2 had this massive, beautiful, and visually stunning Dragons, but that their mechanics are so awful.
Sure I did the same thing as everyone else and stood in the ‘safe spots’, DSP’ed, and collected my reward. I was happy with that for about a month, then it got to be a boring AFK event for me. Shortly after, when my guild announced a dragon, or my timer went off, I would more often than not ignore it. Crafting gave me more of a thrill.
Dragons were not fun, or interesting, or a challenge anymore (if they ever were).
Battles with these creatures certainly wasn’t EPIC. I got more thrill out of Covington or Ulgoth than I did from Dragon Champions (both very good event chains btw)
Now the new Re-vamped Tequatl is what a dragon fight should be. It’s Dangerous, Massive, and Fun (if you can get in on your home server and don’t get DC’ed)

I am one of those that sincerely hope that they take my favorite dragon (Shatterer) and rework it to give this beast some teeth.
Of Course Claw needs work as well, as it is more annoying than fun.
Zhiatan … just needs a 100% overhaul for the actual battle itself (everything leading up to it is fine).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

So casual means newbie….. great.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: PlayerX.5307

PlayerX.5307

What? Please tell you are kidding. You actually like simple, ridiculously easy world boss fights?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

jk just failed to kill him because he kept going invulnerable for 30 sec straight after we killed crystals…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

What? Please tell you are kidding. You actually like simple, ridiculously easy world boss fights?

I do…I was killing these bosses regularly when they only gave greens and blues because they were fun. New Teq is not fun.

Hardcores can play the already unfun dungeon encounters and leave the world bosses to us ‘casuals’.

Good for goose, good for gander.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

only teq waas revamped, the rest of the bosses were only given timers, more health, and aoe skills to drop on the currently abused “safe spots” where people 1,1,1,1,11, and walk away from the cpu.

Each dragon will be revamped and hard as teq, but only teq has been completely updated.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

He should stomp that corner imo.