Antitoxic Fashion - Gas Mask Question

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Q:

Antitoxic Fashion

Devs, underwater headgear is considered “Head Armor” and it even states this in the tool-tip of every underwater headgear item.

Q.
Can this gas mask meta skin also be applied to underwater headgear as the description states? Or is this description on the release page just poorly worded?

If it is just poorly worded, will you please correct it so it is no longer stating something that is not true.

Thank you.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Tower of Nightmares

StinVec.3621

Has anyone else seen a response on this matter from ArenaNet someplace else? (here, twitter, reddit, etc. I don’t go to those other sites)

Release page still states “any piece of head armor” and would just like to know if “any head armor” also includes aquatic head armor.

Explicitly stating “any head armor” would logically mean “any head armor”, thus aquatic head armor would be included in this statement.

If it does not include aquatic head armor, then it should be reworded to specify “any dry land head armor”.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

headgear and aquatic headgear fall into different categories and don’t share any skins with eachother so I doubt you can have an underwater gas mask. The land air filtration mask is apparently the same appearance as the starter rebreather so that one wouldn’t matter much.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Tower of Nightmares

StinVec.3621

headgear and aquatic headgear fall into different categories and don’t share any skins with eachother so I doubt you can have an underwater gas mask. The land air filtration mask is apparently the same appearance as the starter rebreather so that one wouldn’t matter much.

Dry Land Head Armor and Aquatic Head Armor are all called “Head Armor” in their descriptions. There being a difference between dry land and aquatic head armor, despite what they are referred to in their descriptions, is exactly my point and why I am asking for clarification.

Due to the nature of there being a difference between dry land and aquatic head armor, this specification should be mentioned on the release page if it can, in fact, only be applied to dry land head armor and not aquatic head armor.

Simply stating “any head armor” means it can go on any head armor…which includes aquatic head armor. I’m asking for clarification on if it is correctly written and can be applied to any head armor, which logically includes aquatic head armor, or if it is just poorly written and “any head armor” does not actually include aquatic head armor. If that is the case, it should be re-written to specify only being applicable to dry land head armor as it is wholly incorrect and misleading in its current form.

It also would make sense that this gas mask skin could be used on aquatic head armor due to their also introducing a dry land version of the starter aquatic head armor skin.
As it reads now it is a sort of “Here’s a dry land version of the aquatic head armor, and a new dry land head armor that can be used on your aquatic head armor” type of release.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

And if it does, I would love it even more. BUT WE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE!

Why!? Why must you do this!

Throw the skin into the achievement skins! I want to use 9 of them! I want 18 of them, if we can use them under water too!

Give us some mean of acquiring more gasmasks or duplicating the skin somehow!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Yes it ‘s and crazy piece that feels a bit weird but I’d also like more then one ^^

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It is rather saddening to have to put it on a low level white item just so it can be swapped around. I am sure many people would like to wear it as a combat helm but not at the cost of binding it to one alt forever (or doing a cumbersome transmute swap and thus losing the combat stats).

in Tower of Nightmares

StinVec.3621

And if it does, I would love it even more. BUT WE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE!

Why!? Why must you do this!

Throw the skin into the achievement skins! I want to use 9 of them! I want 18 of them, if we can use them under water too!

Give us some mean of acquiring more gasmasks or duplicating the skin somehow!

This is another area of concern for me regarding the wording used on the release page.

“Complete the meta achievement for The Nightmares Within to unlock a special Gasmask Skin!”

As it specifically states the skin is unlocked, this would imply that it would be made available to the entire account and would be unlimited use, just as the other “unlocked” skins/items have been. By using the word “unlock” in the description, this leads me to believe that it will, indeed, be an account unlock skin with unlimited uses. If it turns out that it is not “unlocked” and is actually a single use skin, then the wording should not have included “unlock” within the description of the meta reward.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Bump! Please make it an account wide unlock that can be used unlimited amount of times please.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

I agree, I would really like to have this helmet on easily half of my characters. I love it.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kiroth.4579

Kiroth.4579

I just got the Gas Mask Skin .. it looks incredible!! AND THEN when I tried to apply it to my aquatic helm I realize that it can’t be applied to it… seriously this Gas Mask Skin which looks like the best mask for underwater use since GW2 started.. is only for dry land helmets? Which I wouldn’t use as a land helmet unless my medieval/fantasy heavy armour looked like a mech suit instead, which it doesn’t… unfortunately.

Seriously this must be a mistake.. how could it be intentionally implemented for dry land use only? Its crazy… my goodness if this was intentional, it boggles the mind.

Please ArenaNet, this obviously needs to be rectified to allow under water usage.. I’d hope at least in the not too distant future it may become available to the aquatic helms.

(edited by Kiroth.4579)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I’ll toss my vote into the hat as well. I was hoping to use this as my underwater skin only to be pretty disappointed that you couldn’t.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Most headgear pieces could work as a breathing apparatus skin, they just won’t, because the game isn’t prepared for that.

There’s actually several breathing apparatuses that have headgear skins, and a headgear skin with a breathing apparatus skin.

They made a change so a skin applied would work with heavy, medium and light, but not for a skin to work for both headgear and breathing apparatus, or for a transmutation crystal to work accross types.

They should definitely do that. At least for any headgear that covers and seals the mouth, like Sorrow’s Embrace armor, or the hellfire warhelm, which would work great as breathing apparatuses.

In fact, they should have a list of cross-type skins. There’s a few torches that would work great as scepter and vice-versa, many staves that could be used for triden skins and vice-versa, some rifles that could work as harpoon guns, and harpoon guns that could work as rifles, several helms, shoulders and gloves that could work for different armors types (e.g.: Light gloves in medium armor), and so on.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)