Finishing NPCs in PVE - Yes please!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

You could keep downing one and the ones with high health will keep ressing him as they die to your aoes, it would make the game easier

AmateurNet

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

No, just no.

Have you ever seen a NPC come back from the downed state? In PvP or WvW – where other players make the environment dynamic, downed-class abilities might mix up things, and Conditions applied before on the “attacker” might have a role – the downed state adds a bit of uncertainty.

But in PVE it is just a gimmick that slows the pace of the game.

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

The purpose of the downed state serves a function in PvP. And that function is keeping players in the game which is the carry over function from the purpose of giving players a downed state in PvE which was a necessity when they gave mobs ridiculous damage on unavoidable projectiles and one hit insta kills.

In other words, the downed state exists to keep PLAYERS in the game. Since mobs are clearly not players (especially since mobs already respawn within a few seconds of where they get killed anyways unlike players) then the downed state doesn’t serve any necessary function. And mobs don’t need a downed state as they already have a function to get back to the fight quickly and that function is called respawning.

So unless GW2 is going to allow players to insta kill bosses champions and elites, respawn right where they were killed without taking any equipment damage, allow players to go invulnerable because they jumped onto a rock or moved too far from their respawn point, to have their hp regenerate during combat because they moved too far from their respawn point, then the game shouldn’t be giving a function necessary to keep players in the game to mobs who already have their own functions to keep mobs in the game.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Let’s be honest here: the mobs have obscenely low HP to compensate for having the downed state given to them. It doesn’t really make them harder or take longer, and because of the option to stomp them, it gives the player some play/counterplay options against the mobs (ie. Do I AOE the downed mob when his buddies run over to res? Or do I stomp to simply get rid of it?). This also gives stealth added value in PvE beyond just for skipping because you can stealth stomp (which is rather fun, I’ll admit). This sort of mechanic would be cool in dungeons for some variety, though I definitely agree that not everything should be like that.

That all said, it does kind of suck for condition users because when they get downed they lose all of their conditions. Conditions need a lot of love in PvE, but that’s a battle for another thread I’d say.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Let’s be honest here: the mobs have obscenely low HP to compensate for having the downed state given to them. It doesn’t really make them harder or take longer, and because of the option to stomp them, it gives the player some play/counterplay options against the mobs (ie. Do I AOE the downed mob when his buddies run over to res? Or do I stomp to simply get rid of it?). This also gives stealth added value in PvE beyond just for skipping because you can stealth stomp (which is rather fun, I’ll admit). This sort of mechanic would be cool in dungeons for some variety, though I definitely agree that not everything should be like that.

That all said, it does kind of suck for condition users because when they get downed they lose all of their conditions. Conditions need a lot of love in PvE, but that’s a battle for another thread I’d say.

If you were being honest you would be pointing out that mobs which enter the downed state have the same hp as mobs which can’t enter the downed state and that it takes too long to finish the mob once it enters the downed state whether you use the finisher or attacks.

I think people are getting too excited over the novelty, and once that wears off they are going to realize what a bad idea this was.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

No, please. I found the finish thing in this PvE update entirely new, having not played PvP at all. At first I was like what the heck is this, I’ve never had to do this before on enemies, and then after having to do it 20 times, I was like enough already, get on with it, you’re wasting my time.

I say a big no. The only possibility I might be able to tolerate it is on the occasional champion or big enemy. Other than that, I feel it’s just slowing me down.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: xGreeD.6018

xGreeD.6018

When I entered the instance I first was pleased by the design.

But then I started truly feeling happy.
Stomping mobs in PvE!
Finally something making it harder to kill like thirty foes at the same time by kiting and spamming AoE! Both the main reason why I like this and other people not are the very same: It’s making it harder!

Just imagine how challenging (or for most people wiping) downstate in Fotm 80 Ascalon would be – especially with rallying mobs. Whenever a player or maybe even a NPC dies: rallying foes!

In the name of all people not challenged enough by current things: Please keep it up!

I want mobs to be stomped!
I want them to work together!
I want m o r e challenge!

“Take me to wonderland…”, she said,
as she finished beating me up a mole times.
Let’s try something you’re actually good at.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

Don’t over do it with every mob having a downstate, but please do. Let’s add more depth to pve combat.