Convince me to make an asura

in Asura

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Anybody who needs convincing to make an Asura is not Asura material.
We are the master race. All will serve us. It is inevitable.

PS : We will roll over the Charr legions with endless Golem armies.

in Asura

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They remind me of a cross between Yoda and Stitch… Sold?

My engineer was totally modeled on Stitch.

And he’s scared/horrified several other Asura players, so I’m satisfied .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Asura

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

It’s much more cliché to have the small, kawaii race.

You say it like it’s a bad thing.

It is a bad thing that races have to follow clichés

Almost every race in every game has a whole bunch of clichés. Gw2 is no exception.
There is nothing wrong with Asura being cute.

Well, they have been advertised as being designed to be cute only at a first glance, but having traits similar to reptiles. That was nice.

And I fear GW2, who hyped itself as the grand savior, the MMORPG who would have changed everything and overthrown all we knew about other MMORPGs, can’t afford to have the same cliché races.

Cute is subjective. I personally find the skritt adorable and can’t stand the quaggan, but a lot of people would disagree with me.

in Asura

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

And only 60% of them will turn against you!

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Asura

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Nice. Clearly there have been major breakthroughs in Golemetic Subservience Protocol since I last canvased the subject.

I was fully prepared to have to subdue 90% of them after Operation: Catnap…

Wait. What security level is this channel?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Asura

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Nice. Clearly there have been major breakthroughs in Golemetic Subservience Protocol since I last canvased the subject.

So you just hope they’ll just stand and watch while you subdue 90% of your army gone haywire and trying to kill you?XD

However, that’s why I think Asurans are better off not being cute. They are cooler when they talk about the superiority of their race.XD

(and humans should have more inquisition.XD)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Asura

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So you just hope they’ll just stand and watch while you subdue 90% of your army gone haywire and trying to kill you?XD

However, that’s why I think Asurans are better off not being cute. They are cooler when they talk about the superiority of their race.XD

(and humans should have more inquisition.XD)

Well it’s not like the golems swap sides, they just start attacking everything. You just need the golems on the field, have them kill the charr, and then mop up the golems.

in Asura

Posted by: Vasticon.7238

Vasticon.7238

Don’t do it. Their intelligence is all they have going for them in a generalized way. It’s entirely possible for any other race to be as smart as an Asuran, it’s just not as common. They’re ugly little ankle-biter rats. Aesthetic appeal is what this game was built on (see dye system/wardrobe) and they’re freakin’ atrocious-lookin’. I personally don’t find them cute, but even if you made that argument, cuteness has no place in a world of constant danger and battle. Asuran master race was a term coined by people who made a mistake in creating one — it’s a defense mechanism created solely for the purpose of staving off depression and guilt.

in Asura

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Don’t do it. Their intelligence is all they have going for them in a generalized way. It’s entirely possible for any other race to be as smart as an Asuran, it’s just not as common. They’re ugly little ankle-biter rats. Aesthetic appeal is what this game was built on (see dye system/wardrobe) and they’re freakin’ atrocious-lookin’. I personally don’t find them cute, but even if you made that argument, cuteness has no place in a world of constant danger and battle. Asuran master race was a term coined by people who made a mistake in creating one — it’s a defense mechanism created solely for the purpose of staving off depression and guilt.

Bookahs……such envy……why can’t they just accept our absolute superiority……..

in Asura

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I have always enjoyed my asura…but when they gave me the chance to buy the Winter Outfit and I stuck it on one of my female asura, that’s when I knew I couldn’t play another race. That outfit is so stinking cute on them it’s not funny. Though, I will admit, the female charr I saw running around in a dress made me giggle and consider making one but I can’t stand charr voices.

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

oh the ignorance…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors