Bored of Hairstyles.

Bored of Hairstyles.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spiritface.5089

Spiritface.5089

I always wanted grassy Sylvari. Tigerfeet made this art of a Birch/Plains Sylvari back before the designs were revealed that I loved.

http://secretagentcat.com/2010/09/09/way-cooler-than-killeen/

Also a tumbleweed afro.

Spiritface | Relics of Orr [RO] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Cactus Needles might look interesting.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Verano.1482

Verano.1482

Cut the Line between the Hairstyles form Men and Women. A Man can wear Women Hair styles too and a Woman can wear Men Hairstyles. sry for my bad English, i hope you understand me. :-) ps: Im from swiss ^^

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Willow branches! Please make it happen!

It could be designed to look like dreadlocks.

Yeah, long dreadlock willow branches and/or ropey vines would be great.

I would think other “long hair” Sylivari option could be thinner vines, a tangled brush… maybe moss (I remember the old, pre-redesign model of Caithe having short, mossy hair, why not bring it and a longer version back? trees have moss :p) or a thick carpet of clovers and/or wildflowers growing down thier back (at least conceptually, in practice it would be over, or maybe growing out of, the armor they are wearing)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: overlow.2980

overlow.2980

Personally I want to create a spring themed sylvari and what would fit that better than cherry blossom hair? So that please, also some long hair resembling vines would be very good

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Sneaky Saza.7608

Sneaky Saza.7608

I would most like to see the existing hairstyles become available for either gender (I have my eye on you, mohawk). I am a big fan of the leafy hairs for my characters and feel like male or female Sylvari would look great with all of the currently implemented hairstyles.

Thank you for taking the time to explain more about your design decisions for what is personally my favorite race in any game ever and to ask us what we would like to see if there are ever any more hairs added.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

There have been trends and themes, but one question makes me curious. I see a lot of folks mentioning what they’d like to see on sylvari, but that’s a different question than what they’d personally like for their own character.

Major disclaimer: no promises, no schedule, etc… But if you were daydreaming about what you personally want for your sylvari, what would it be? :} What would its presence feel like? What style? What materials?

Hi Kristen,

Please let me start by saying your artwork and designs for the Sylvari are fantastic. They are the most beautiful, inspiring race I’ve had the privilege of playing so far in an MMO.

As far as more options for my characters, I would definitely like longer hairstyles indeed. Elegant hairstyles perhaps with flowers peeking out here and there. I think a very fun idea would be to implement hair decorations (as currently none of the Sylvari styles has any that I can recall) in the form of natural pieces. For example, a headband or ponytail holder or barrette (sp?) holding up part of the long hair could be made of (color interchangeable at creation perhaps) ornately, delicately woven branches or vines, even perhaps with tiny glowing berries or gems or pearls accenting it.

Flowers could also be both small, woven in parts of a hairstyle or even a large centerpiece on the side of the head, etc. I think I just want more flowers in general! My two current Sylvari are both female. One is a guardian and has the short leafy hairstyle. It fits her perfectly. My elementalist, though, I find I’m wishing for something more elegant, delicate, long. Something exotic with branches, even perhaps done up in a mock bun of sorts, the leaves of her hair twisted up and held or supported by something, perhaps even a ‘half branch’ type head, with the bottom being branches and the top being leaves held up by it or spilling over.

I apologize if I’m being too specific now. The race is so lovely that I couldn’t help but generate my own ideas as well. TL;DR: More long hair, please!

Also, please forgive me as I was pressed for time and it’s been quite a while since I’ve drawn anything, but here are some doodles from me of female (or unisex) hairstyles I would love to see.

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I’m happy enough with the way I look, but for what it’s worth, I wanted my head to look more like a plant and less like human head built out of leaves. That didn’t leave me with much choice.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Branskins.9752

Branskins.9752

I want some kind of fern style hair

Wrecking Krew [Krew] – Borlis Pass

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Just to clarify, the sylvari (and specifically the Pale Tree Avatar) is not directly of Egyptian culture for design as a race. Her headdress answered a good problem: how do you get the feeling of regal in a blossom shape? If I looked at more western designs, they’re typically crown rings or half-moon crescents (Queen Elizabeth style) for silhouette. While those are beautiful, I was hoping for more flower and less peakitten (<— What, seriously this gets censored? It’s a bird.) plumage.

Although, if I think more about it, Egyptian art and architecture has a lovely foundation with plant shapes and the lotus is one of my favorite flowers. However, though it’s not intended as a direct relationship for the sylvari, it does make sense. I just mention the design distinction so it doesn’t get spread into lore bits. (hehe)

As for why there were so many leafy styles at ship, that’s more of a question of schedule. Before ship, we needed to optimize whatever assets we could. Many of the more leaf styles were created from the previous race design and were retrofitted for the new concept. As a race, they are not relegated to a specific plant type. But bear in mind that whatever plants could be used need to look good with both the leaf and bark body skin types. It’s potentially awkward to get seaweed to look right on that, for example, but the concept might allow more brook and stream water plants in theory.

I’ve had many designs in my head and in sketches since even before ship, and have been keeping an eye on the forum posts since then. Players have asked for long hair, for more bark hair, for flower hair (for both genders) that mixes with leaves… I’ve even seen a comment about getting the mohawk ported on the female. There have been trends and themes, but one question makes me curious. I see a lot of folks mentioning what they’d like to see on sylvari, but that’s a different question than what they’d personally like for their own character.

Major disclaimer: no promises, no schedule, etc… But if you were daydreaming about what you personally want for your sylvari, what would it be? :} What would its presence feel like? What style? What materials?

well personally, i’ve already achieved my perfect sylvari with my ranger (attached pics are just her color scheme based on her sword, front and back), i’m so proud of her that i like to joke that she’s the one on the game’s launcher (it helps that they kinda look alike :P)

but i’ve been working on another sylvari (elementalist this time) that i wanted to give less of an adventurous plant-girl look, and more of a wise tree spirit vibe. so basically a dryad.

problem is, i feel there aren’t any hairstyles that would fit that look. i was hoping for some really long hair (picture the ponytail untied) to go with it, but there aren’t any choices right now that feel “wild”.

i hope that made sense attached a picture of the ele’s final clothes for reference.

Attachments:

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

There have been trends and themes, but one question makes me curious. I see a lot of folks mentioning what they’d like to see on sylvari, but that’s a different question than what they’d personally like for their own character.

Hi Kristen,

Please let me start by saying your artwork and designs for the Sylvari are fantastic. They are the most beautiful, inspiring race I’ve had the privilege of playing so far in an MMO.

As far as more options for my characters, I would definitely like longer hairstyles indeed. Elegant hairstyles perhaps with flowers peeking out here and there. I think a very fun idea would be to implement hair decorations (as currently none of the Sylvari styles has any that I can recall) in the form of natural pieces. For example, a headband or ponytail holder or barrette (sp?) holding up part of the long hair could be made of (color interchangeable at creation perhaps) ornately, delicately woven branches or vines, even perhaps with tiny glowing berries or gems or pearls accenting it.

Flowers could also be both small, woven in parts of a hairstyle or even a large centerpiece on the side of the head, etc. I think I just want more flowers in general! My two current Sylvari are both female. One is a guardian and has the short leafy hairstyle. It fits her perfectly. My elementalist, though, I find I’m wishing for something more elegant, delicate, long. Something exotic with branches, even perhaps done up in a mock bun of sorts, the leaves of her hair twisted up and held or supported by something, perhaps even a ‘half branch’ type head, with the bottom being branches and the top being leaves held up by it or spilling over.

I apologize if I’m being too specific now. The race is so lovely that I couldn’t help but generate my own ideas as well. TL;DR: More long hair, please!

Also, please forgive me as I was pressed for time and it’s been quite a while since I’ve drawn anything, but here are some doodles from me of female (or unisex) hairstyles I would love to see.

i want all of them. now.

but especially the green one (mid left) and the purple (bottom right) ones.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Galdr Stormsinger.1368

Galdr Stormsinger.1368

I’d like something in the line of the wavy hair options for male humans, but made with layers of pine needles. That’d be cool, and it’d go well with the pinecone-esque ears.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’d like more sylvari racial armors. Unfortunately, most of the recently introduced armors are very human centric and I feel my sylvari is lacking in well-fitting options outside cultural and TA armor.

The same could be said for my male norn.

More racial armors would be great.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I’d say that some of the hair will need better bio-luminescence effects. A good percentage of all Sylvari I see use the same hairstyle as it has better a better glow than the others. I actually used that one as the hair I really wanted had a much worse glow effect.

And definitely more aquatic hairstyles. Kelp/seaweed fronds and or coral branches would be incredible. Maybe even aquatic-looking drawn-back dreadlocks that look made from bull kelp stalks.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

Hi Kristen,

I would love it if those hairstyles were unisex, as in males can wear them as well. Especially the first one, and the purple colored one. The reason why I say this, is because Sylvari in general lack long hairstyles, and males tend to end up with short layered hairstyles that look generally the same. I’d love it if males were given longer hairstyles like the two, even if it gives off a ‘feminine’ appearance. The sylvari story wise dont seem to pay attention to gender, or gender roles, so I dont see a problem with a lot of the hairstyles to be unisex. I believe the Sylvari already have a few hairstyles that are unisex. Cant remember which ones off the top of my head. I personally would want the 1st one for my male Sylvari, the orange colored one. Also if the choice of the skin color didn’t bleed so much into the hair color, which I feel like that hinders on some of the choices of colors for hair when part of it is going to steal colors from your skin.

(edited by Valentine.6529)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I guess headgear made ??of ivy, clematis, wisteria, leaves saul-weeping. Jasmin cascade foliage and formwork …

Me, I would see a hairstyle like that!

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I would most like to see the existing hairstyles become available for either gender (I have my eye on you, mohawk).

Agreed!

I’m also in the ‘more long hair’ boat, but I’d love to see more branch styles, too. Vine dreads would also be awesome <3 Honestly, there are so many possibilities for the sylvari. Ever since the reveal of their new designs, I’ve had a massive art crush on them. They’re aesthetically fantastic.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

GIVE ME MY DANG SWORD BACK! I want my Caladbolg, plz! (And let me beat up Saladhead while at it…)

As for styles I do believe more “humanly” faces are in order. Most of the time I just see people using the same face and hair combination as “good” Canach:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/archive/f/f4/20130530155530%21Canach.jpg

For a start, I would recommend Trahaerne’s face for males, and Caithe’s face for females. I understand ANET wishes to make them unique, but quite frankly most players simply do not care how “unique” they look, and it serves no purpose anyways when many Nightmare Court enemies recycle Trahaerne’s face.

NPCs always get the cool faces… T_T

I would also recommend more racial armors, especially for Heavy. It’s very hard to get a desired look because the “shading” (for the lack of better words) on Sylvari armors are inconsistent with other Sylvari sets, and they suffer from horrible clipping and stretching issues. Have you seen what Heavy T2 pants look like when wielding a GS? Even on the thinnest body type, it stretches to oblivion… Not to mention the front side clips the leg when using staff. Speaking of which, Heavy TA armor also clips with staff…

Actually I designed the Pale Tree’s avatar loosely after the Nefertiti bust than anything, as it’s a great silhouette for Important PersonTM.

MORDREMOTH!!!!

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I really love your drawings summourn. I’d also like more elegant, long and flowery hairstyles for the sylvari. By the way, I have 2 female sylvari characters too, a guardian and an elementalist

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Murke.7193

Murke.7193

Daydreaming you say? About what we want for our characters?
I can do that.

For my mesmer I’d love something feminine that implied dreadlocks. Using maybe vines twisted together and for the glow I was thinking could look like beads on the vines.
The pony tail we currently have is nice but I don’t think it glows enough and a dreadlock pony tail similar in style to the female norn hairstyle would be awesome.

Also I thought the mossy hair style Summourn sketched was pretty much the best idea ever. It just really feels like a hair style well suited for a necromancer which I don’t think the current styles cover very well. >.> Which is the only reason I don’t have one right now.

For my elementalist I wish there was a simple but long leaf style with tiny flowers peeking out. I picked lily of the valley for the flowers because I love their shape especially if they were the glowing part. They’d be like tiny glowing lanterns and for some reason it’s adorable to me.

The only other thing I could possibly want for any of my characters in Meridan’s hair from Brave but in wisteria.

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

@Murke

Okay, those ALL need to happen! LOL omg, those are so pretty!!!! Kristen, please please do hairstyles like what this guy posted!!! reposting the image because it’s pretty.

Also, some pigtail options would be nice..

Attachments:

(edited by Shanna.4762)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Gwylen.3462

Gwylen.3462

I love some of the moss ideas here also the cactus idea sounds pretty fun c:
I’d love some more bark-like hairstyles, similar to the what Faolain has but with tangles of branches sweeping back over the head (possibly even like a plait). I also really like the idea of using plants like ivy, with more interesting shaped leaves, to create thick, but short hairstyles on Sylvari

…I’m just afraid, if more hairstyles were ever added, I’d need to make more alts xD

Gwylen (Aurora Glade [EU])

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharGwyl

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

wow the hairs from summourns and Murkes post are amazing Oo
PLS do them!

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

PLS do them!

Yes! I want them all but oh boy I would need a permanent hair kit.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Murke.7193

So I forgot what I really wanted for my ele. I still like the long style I had, but with this my Mab can really feel in bloom and I can’t believe I forgot it in my last post. Also I don’t have a turn around for this one cause it’s just Canach’s flower on her head, with leaves and vines coming down.

@ iriyabran I’m gonna need one too!

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I’d like more faces that actually look menacing or alien-ish (like the bark face from the male Sylvaris). For both sexes. I don’t make female Sylvari because they all look too cute or nice, I’d love something more like the bark face. When it comes to chara design females in MMORPGs, I always have the feeling that the designers want to make them look pretty at all costs, and it bores me : Yes, yes, it’s cool to have cute women and most people are going to choose those faces, but please, add some variety, and give the players the choice to also play some scary, menacing looking female characters !

Also, can you please add Trahearne’s face to the character creation ? Pretty please ? :‘p It’s not like he’s unique anyway, a lot of Nightmare courtiers have the same face.

Also… for the hair, I’d love some dreadlock-looking vines/lianas (or even long reed plants ?) for male and females, AND longer hairstyles for males.

My dream Sylvari would be kind of like an hermit, “roots” kind of guy, with dreadlock vines and clothes made of torn leaves. Yeah, torn up leaves, because I think it’s a bit restrictive to only have perfect looking clothing. The Asuras have a torn ear choice at character creation while ears are supposed to be something really appealing for them, lore-wise, why couldn’t I play a Sylvari with torn up leaves ? Plus, I think a mohawk would be awesome with torn up leaves, the actual one there’s for the males looks too clean for me. :’p

So yeah, to makes things short, what I’d like is :
-More alien-ish, menacing faces (like the bark face)
-Torn up leaves for hair and clothes
-Dreadlocks and long hair choices for males
-Add the NPCs faces to the character creation (Trahearne, etc)

As for my dream Sylvari, I made this picture.
Long reed dreadlocks + torn up leaves ! :’p

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: vgomes.7380

vgomes.7380

So i managed to come up with some more concepts, some based on requests i’v seen around, some just came out of my mind :P hope you guys like em, if u wanna check those in detail go to my deviantart page

As i said be4, i’m not rlly great at digital painting, so ya it’s rlly sketchy, still u get the idea :P

I rlly wanted my character to have an hairstyle like the jasmine braid on the atachment (last drawing)…she would look rlly nice with that

Attachments:

DA page

Sylvari…everywhere :3

(edited by vgomes.7380)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Sneaky Saza.7608

Sneaky Saza.7608

PLS do them!

I agree with this. I didn’t think I would care about seeing any new styles, since I like the one I use and the mohawk so much. However I want to use all the hairs that summourns and Murkes posted now so badly. Absolutely beautiful you two, thank you for sharing images of your ideas.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Shanna.4762

@vgomes those are fantastic, as well!!! between those and @murkes posts…Yup…there would be a lot of very happy sylvari players.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Kooki.6074

Kooki.6074

Love the work vgomes, summourn, and Murke have done! I agree with everyone else asking for more long hair. I’d also like to see more curly hair options, plants can be curly right?

I don’t have the artist skills to transform these into leafy/planty ideas but the following examples are the kind of thing I’d like to see Sylvari’d. Rufiooooooooo!

(would love to see more Asura hair options in the future as well)

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

Thank you for the comments, everyone! I just doodled out some ideas that I thought would be fun. I wish I’d had more time or I would have put more detail into them or added more. Perhaps I’ll make another set of styles when I have more time. I’m glad you enjoy them!

Also, Murke, your drawings are lovely, and the rendition of the mossy hair is amazing. I’m honored that I was able to give you inspiration!

All the new ideas and drawings posted are gorgeous as well. The Sylvari race has so many possibilities since they’re so unique and exotic. I love seeing what everyone thinks up.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

I’d like to see more pretty faces for females and more manly not-so-creepy- male faces pls.
Also more homegrown Armor, maybe like the pale tree such a petal-style for light or something really cool for medium armor.
And for the hair, something face-flattering and long.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m pretty happy with my Sylvari’s face and hair, but I agree that more hair and face options are always welcome.

What I’d really like though are more “plant”-like armors. There’s only so far the 3 Cultural armors and TA armor can take you!

Bored of Hairstyles.

Shanna.4762

yeah more plant armor would be really cool, too.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Ravij.9856

Ravij.9856

In the Sylvari intro CS there are a few artworks with unique hairstyles. This scene depicts two. The male on the far right and the female on the far left whose back is turned to us. I’d at least like to see the male one put in.

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Mystique.6793

Mystique.6793

Hi Kristen,

I absolutely love the 2 styles on the right. o: Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Mystique.6793

Mystique.6793

So I forgot what I really wanted for my ele. I still like the long style I had, but with this my Mab can really feel in bloom and I can’t believe I forgot it in my last post. Also I don’t have a turn around for this one cause it’s just Canach’s flower on her head, with leaves and vines coming down.

@ iriyabran I’m gonna need one too!

Murke! Heya. Love the pic, I agree for that style. First time I’ve bumped into an in game friend on here. :P I would love that kind of style on one of my characters. <3

Bored of Hairstyles.

Murke.7193

Summourn, for the moss I just used a photoshop brush. Cause I got alllll the texture brushes. So it’s way less impressive that you think, but thanks anyways!

Thanks Mystique, I’m glad you like it! And it does makes sense that we’d bump into each other on the sylvari forums…

Also am I the only one who looks at Vgomes’ awesome cotton afro and sees http://static.bbc.co.uk/history/img/ic/640/images/resources/people/elizabeth_i.jpg ?

Bored of Hairstyles.

vgomes.7380

Also am I the only one who looks at Vgomes’ awesome cotton afro and sees http://static.bbc.co.uk/history/img/ic/640/images/resources/people/elizabeth_i.jpg ?

Now that you mention it…I actually never thought of that as an inspiration, but it can aswell be interpreted that way, since the cotton has that brown kind of leaves that on the hairs i drew looks like a crown or something xD

DA page

Bored of Hairstyles.

Shanna.4762

good ole queen elizabeth. I love the cotton afro :P

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Reivaxe.1358

Reivaxe.1358

Thanks for the shout out Vgomes! Awesome designs!
Read the other page and saw this …

I see a lot of folks mentioning what they’d like to see on sylvari, but that’s a different question than what they’d personally like for their own character.

So instead of doing a spread sheet of styles I would likely never use but think are awesome I decided to pick out the ones I WOULD use for my 2 Sylvari and I would have to really think about for abit before deciding to pick one …

So here they are!

Attachments:

(edited by Reivaxe.1358)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I have a character named Weepingllow, and if they added in a weeping willow hairstyle I would buy a remake kit just to get it. I was more than a little disappointed when I discovered that a weeping willow aesthetic wasn’t even touched on at all in character creation. And maybe I’m missing it but I STILL don’t see one in this thread.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Murke.7193

Conncept, I think I’ve guessed why we haven’t seen any weeping willow styled hair. That large space between the curtain of leaves and trunk is one of the things that makes people recognize weeping willows and unfortunately putting that shape on a sylvari head just looks really weird.

However, I too am sad for their lack. So if you’ll put up a couple hairstyle pictures like Kooki did, I’ll throw the pictures and a willow tree in my Idea Masher 9000 and we’ll see what pops out. (aka: I’ll do a couple sketches)

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Conncept, I think I’ve guessed why we haven’t seen any weeping willow styled hair. That large space between the curtain of leaves and trunk is one of the things that makes people recognize weeping willows and unfortunately putting that shape on a sylvari head just looks really weird.

However, I too am sad for their lack. So if you’ll put up a couple hairstyle pictures like Kooki did, I’ll throw the pictures and a willow tree in my Idea Masher 9000 and we’ll see what pops out. (aka: I’ll do a couple sketches)

I’m actually an art student myself and have done more than a few sketches, but I don’t have any way of digitizing my work. And admittedly, it is a difficult sell, still haven’t come up with a concept I particularly like myself.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve already said that I’d love some cactus-based hairstyles, but I’ve just thought up another one that I’d really love to see…

A hairstyle based on a pine tree complete with pinecones. Could be as simple as a few pinetree style branches draping down (the kind with the really long needles), or it could even go so far as to basically just looking like a whole mini pinetree stuck to the head, cone shape and all.

Might be a bit complicated, but I think it’d look really nice.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

oh guys your ideas are so awesome!
I am very happy with my current two Sylvari’s but I really miss long flowing hair.

I would also very much like to see hair that combines different plants like you would see in a window box.
As well as a combination foliage and flowers that are more finely textured than the current leafy hair

Since I can’t draw to save my life I will just repost a link that has some great ideas made up of real plants here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stonefacecreations.com%2FHEADGALLERY.html

A few examples that I really like:

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Bored of Hairstyles.

Shanna.4762

^ Lol I like the 1st one.

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

I was in the Fields of Ruin today and couldn’t help but notice this really awesome hairstyle! It’s my first time seeing it. It’s so elegant >w<. I would love to use it on my sylvari mesmer ^^.

Attachments:

Bored of Hairstyles.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

^ that is great but I suspect it may be a helm that we have not seen^
The armor is awesome too, I would love something like that.
I have seen so many npc’s with great outfits- I would do anything to have them in game

Gunnar’s Hold

Bored of Hairstyles.

vgomes.7380

I was in the Fields of Ruin today and couldn’t help but notice this really awesome hairstyle! It’s my first time seeing it. It’s so elegant >w<. I would love to use it on my sylvari mesmer ^^.

I see these piece more of an armor set, some other Sylvari around tyria have it and it always shows up with the same bark like armor, wich i believe is a set, as said in the reply above, we haven’t seen yet…Although i’m starving to have it, cuse it sure looks awesome, elegant and at the same time, as it’s made of wood, it looks strong/resistant.

Love it…and well that’s not the only Sylvari armor around tyria we don’t have access to as players…there are tons of character on the Grove wearing pieces of armor that look really nice and we can’t use them, although i understand why, for some models look like a specific prototype for future improvements :P

DA page