Breakdown of GW2 balance

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

lol i almost don’t even want to bother

But this is from a necro stand point so be as critical of it as you want

Warriors btw should officially be renamed “Hambow” since thats all there is. (more on this below)

I don’t dislike the game just to be clear. I dislike the balancing that is done.

In broad perspective, a class that has one OP build will have a bunch of crappy others and a class that doesnt have an OP build will have a bunch of sub-par semi-viable builds. (not viable really but whatever)

The dev team seems to say one thing and then shift to another (i think this is well understood by the playerbase). It’s been said that they “like hard counters”. Fine, whatever if thats how it is thats just how it is. So hambows are the complete counter to every necromancer build. Whatever.

So, why is it then, that when the question of engineers lack of condition clearing was brought up to their attention, they immediately said they would “like to implement more condition defense for the engineers”…………………………….

So.. What the devs TRULY mean all around, is that they like hardcounters for Necromancers. Not for any other class. Just necromancers.

I was hoping they would at least come out and say it outright. But we just have to take their meaning from their actions.

Hambows have everything. Really everything they could possibly need to be in a fight. They can leave a fight and are rewarded for leaving a fight via healing sig. They can stay in a fight, and are rewarded for staing in a fight same as the other. They are no risk, high reward, high damage, high aoe, high armor/toughness, high attrition, high cc, high condition cleanse, high healing, high everything right?

Lets look at necros.. The worst attrition (LOL because thats the class design), the worst mobility, the worst sustain, the worst aoe, the worst access to boons, the worst at stacking bleeds (yup), the worst at probably just about everything.

So.. uhhh.. Yeah. I think we need to nerf necros more. IMO. I feel like other classes might have to work just a little too hard to get the better of us. We have nowhere to go, no way to sustain in our fights, and our aoe is bad. Actually its been said by the dev team we should have sub-par aoe. So… We’re the worst. I get it.

At least come out and say it. That’s all im asking. Just say. “hello guys. We just wanted to officially say that we dislike necromancers because we dont play them and hence do not like getting beat by them. Whenever we do get beat by them, we decide to nerf them more. We cant really nerf any other class cuz we generally play them at least once in a while. So, necromancers are going to be the worst profession in this game. I hope you all do not mind that. Thanks!”

At least we can just say “well okay then.”

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

Ya dont want to kitten with a terrormancer. Its not the necro being UP, its the warrior being over the top, currently. But hey, why am i even writing this – its not that they need to be nerfed down to where they came from. But currently they have much too much of everything. So, with that said, i understand your frustration.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Actually, no matter with what I play, the only thing that annoys me are Hambows. They are not necessarily overpowered. They simply are strong by design against everything. I met some very good hambows and some weaker ones. But I never met one, that I could run over, no matter if I go with necro, warrior myself, guardian or mesmer. Of all other professions I met players, who sucked. But hambow warriors seem to be strong by design or no hambow warrior I met sucked (latter I find unlikely, still possible).

From my experience they have virtually now weaknesses when it comes to the conquest game mode. Even if theoretically they have not that high of an armor and could, if played perfectly, outconditioned, in practice they are ridiculous.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Actually, no matter with what I play, the only thing that annoys me are Hambows. They are not necessarily overpowered. They simply are strong by design against everything. I met some very good hambows and some weaker ones. But I never met one, that I could run over, no matter if I go with necro, warrior myself, guardian or mesmer. Of all other professions I met players, who sucked. But hambow warriors seem to be strong by design or no hambow warrior I met sucked (latter I find unlikely, still possible).

From my experience they have virtually now weaknesses when it comes to the conquest game mode. Even if theoretically they have not that high of an armor and could, if played perfectly, outconditioned, in practice they are ridiculous.

Wanna destroy hambow?
Try running;
Trapper Ranger, BM condi bunker or glassbow Ranger
P/P Venom Thief (it just demolishes anything really)
Mediguard
S/F fresh air ele

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Breakdown of GW2 balance:

Necro: Scissors
Mesmer: Paper
Ranger/Engi: Rock

Thief/Ele/Guardian: Shotgun

Warrior: Bazooka

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’ve gotta see this.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

That would imply necros get beaten by engies/ranger, but arent condi necros a good counter to condi engies and condi ranger?

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

That would imply necros get beaten by engies/ranger, but arent condi necros a a good counter to condi engies and condi ranger?

I think you might have missed the point… ^^

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

That would imply necros get beaten by engies/ranger, but arent condi necros a a good counter to condi engies and condi ranger?

I think you might have missed the point… ^^

Ohhh that was on purpose…
Sorry i couldnt resist…

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

General breakdown of gw2 “balance” based off of past and current experiences..

Claim to have a really great and supermegaawesome profession and combat system.

Do nothing substantial to improve professions and combat for 2 years.

Make CDI threads and ready up videos as pr stunts to quell the masses carrying torches and pitchforks.

Slip in forum posts basically saying that the devs had/have a plan of action already in the works and are glad that some player ideas coincide with what little was going to happen regardless of feedback.

Send emails basically telling players to l2p the professions and combat because this is as good as things are going to get.

Keep pumping out living story while making lots of tool tip and minimal changes that won’t make much of a difference.

Intentionally squander a potentially very good profession and combat system because upper management only cares about maximizing profits by reinvesting very little. also, you can’t itemize and sell profession and combat improvements on the bltc so this area is at the bottom of the post it note pile.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Heres my breakdown of GW2 proffesion balance, as seen in the forums:

Warrior: OP
Guardian: OP
Necromancer (condi and terror): OP
Mesmer: OP
Elementalist: OP
Engineer (nades): OP
Ranger (condi): OP
Thief: OP

Am I missing anything?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Heres my breakdown of GW2 proffesion balance, as seen in the forums:

Warrior: OP
Guardian: OP
Necromancer (condi and terror): OP
Mesmer: OP
Elementalist: OP
Engineer (nades): OP
Ranger (condi): OP
Thief: OP

Am I missing anything?

Forgot turret engis.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheDevice.2751

necros cant possibly be op in any way… only infect was invited to gamescom (the only necro that is ever invited to anything just because they need a staple necro there somewhere).

Engi’s are kittened….

The thing is.. Every single class has a high skill cap or is overpowered, except for the necromancer and maybe ranger.

Necro has no skill cap whatsoever. Engis have like 5 weapons they can pull out of their kitten with like 8-12 second max cdr on each of their weapon skills. They can do so much. Stealth? Np. Load the floor with a million bombs after a 4 second immobilize on enemy? Np. Nades? Sure why the hell not. Invulnerable? Yeah.. oh and invuln rez/stomp of course.

How are necro’s overpowered? I’d reallly like to listen to it. I mean give it your best shot really I’d like to hear what you could come up with. Dat lich form 3k auto attack? on a 3 minute cooldown? so broke. Plus lich locks you out of any support from utilities and doesnt offer any armor.

But lets hear it if anyone can think of something.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Necro has no skill cap whatsoever. Engis have like 5 weapons they can pull out of their kitten with like 8-12 second max cdr on each of their weapon skills. They can do so much. Stealth? Np. Load the floor with a million bombs after a 4 second immobilize on enemy? Np. Nades? Sure why the hell not. Invulnerable? Yeah.. oh and invuln rez/stomp of course.

8-12 cd on each weapon skill? Did you ever play one? and they cant do that all in one spec…

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheDevice.2751

8-12 cd on each weapon skill? Did you ever play one? and they cant do that all in one spec…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpPr1XxELseRSbBFqYAyMMCRlxPvgAkUA-TpgTQA5yAg9HAA

sry

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

pdavis.8031

necros cant possibly be op in any way… only infect was invited to gamescom (the only necro that is ever invited to anything just because they need a staple necro there somewhere).

Engi’s are kittened….

The thing is.. Every single class has a high skill cap or is overpowered, except for the necromancer and maybe ranger.

How are necro’s overpowered? I’d reallly like to listen to it. I mean give it your best shot really I’d like to hear what you could come up with. Dat lich form 3k auto attack? on a 3 minute cooldown? so broke. Plus lich locks you out of any support from utilities and doesnt offer any armor.

While I dont agree with the OPness of any of the professions (except maybe theif) as far as necros, and the forums, death shroud makes a necro OP. Along with the amount of condition spamming, and fantasic condition cleansing. In fact theres a thread about it now.

Basically I was being sarcastic, because I see OP threads on every profession and how they need to be nerfed because someone cant kill them in PvP or WvW.

recognize my command!”

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheDevice.2751

Engi’s are kittened….

While I dont agree with the OPness of any of the professions (except maybe theif) as far as necros, and the forums, death shroud makes a necro OP. Along with the amount of condition spamming, and fantasic condition cleansing. In fact theres a thread about it now.

Basically I was being sarcastic, because I see OP threads on every profession and how they need to be nerfed because someone cant kill them in PvP or WvW.

I’m not sure if you typo’d or did not convey your intended message but what im getting thus far is you say necro is OP because of death shroud… and condition cleanse, and condition spams.

I’d like to know where you got this information from. So if you could provide a link to that thread on how those things make a necro OP I’d love to check it out.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

pdavis.8031

@the device

Just for kicks: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Are-necros-op-now/page/5#post2314579

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Fix-deathshroud-first/page/2#post4257900

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-op

Again your missing the point. At some point or another almost every profession has had the claim that it was OP and need of a nerf. While the percieved OP of any class is a matter of opinion, and in most, if not all, cases it was proven that it is not OP at all. I wasnt setting out to prove, or disprove, the OPness of any class, just to comment that the balance of the professions is generally a claim that some classes are more OP than others, and those classes should be fixed to bring it on the level of the others.

recognize my command!”

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Well, Hambow ushered in a new metagame by itself. Since then it has been toned down a bit, but it is still a huge deal that a single build on a single class changed everything.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

while i wouldnt say they are OP, as someone who mains a profession that doesnt get a lot of AOE or piercing attacks, an MM necro is annoying as all kitten to fight.

also the classy “terrormancer” isnt much fun to fight either with so little condition cleansing.

as for your other builds, yeah.. its fun being bottom of the barrel with only 1 or 2 builds that aren’t terribly effective…

at least you guys get to have “fun” in WvW zergs tho.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheDevice.2751

@the device

Just for kicks: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Are-necros-op-now/page/5#post2314579

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Fix-deathshroud-first/page/2#post4257900

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-op

Again your missing the point. At some point or another almost every profession has had the claim that it was OP and need of a nerf. While the percieved OP of any class is a matter of opinion, and in most, if not all, cases it was proven that it is not OP at all. I wasnt setting out to prove, or disprove, the OPness of any class, just to comment that the balance of the professions is generally a claim that some classes are more OP than others, and those classes should be fixed to bring it on the level of the others.

well im not sure if you read any of those threads or just found ones that mentioned deathshroud or something similar. The Necromancer is OP thread has been demolished by the necro community and was posted by a guy who didnt even know the difference between hotjoin and tourny. He hasn’t responded to his own thread for about 2 weeks since he claimed he would get a top spot on lb.

The first one you posted was about a year ago and would agree that the dhummfire patch made terrormancers overpowred… this was a year ago. Since then they do less damage that they did before that patch was introduced.

If you point, if im hearing this correctly, is that at one time or another a class has been overpowered or has be stated by the community kitten then i agree.

But that really doesn’t have anything to do with what I was talking about especially since im talking about present (live) balance issues pertaining to necromancers getting the short end of the stick. They had 1 overpowered patch which was followed by a series of nerfs that sent them back into an even worse state than they were before the dev’s thought they would “help”.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpPr1XxELseRSbBFqYAyMMCRlxPvgAkUA-TpgTQA5yAg9HAA

sry

No one plays that… and you completly ignore your wrong statement that you can get a 12cd on each weapon skill. You even post it with cleric amulett and vampiric runes, things that no one uses. Its some squishy VERY WEIRD power build that is not meta at all in sPvP. No speedy kits etc… very strange trait selection no engi would use, ever. Also stealth and stability is not something you can spam with that build. Please play a class for some month bevor you post some weird kitten build to proof your point.

You seem to spread alot of engi hate in every thread you post because of some unexplained personal problem against the class.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I’ve gotta see this.

In team fights they are absolutely ridiculous

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

I’ve gotta see this.

In team fights they are absolutely ridiculous

If you run Venomous Aura they get ridiculous, but on their own, their fairly good. just gotta manage the cooldowns and use them sequentially, not burst (unless paired with trap ranger or marks necro, then spamming all at once is good)

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

The issue atm really is two things. For one it is the old. PvP and PvE keeping each other chained down. Stuff can’t do ridiculous stuff in PvE because else it would break PvP. Certain stuff in PvP is totally stupid as it supposed to also work in a PvE environment. It is no surprise and has been called out on the release of the game and we see that it exactly is coming like it was expected. They need to pick a certain mode an favor it over the other. At the moment it seems to be PvP.
Now why is the Necro so hit by that. Several reasons. For one conditons are freaking strong in PvP . Good use of conditions ( poison to keep heals down, bleeds for constant pressure etc) and removing boons is really good in that mode. Guess which class does both very well?

The other thing is unlike all other classes the nerco has that very weird corruption system that punishes you a lot for doing stuff other classes can do for free making it simply harder to do anything as useful for a group because all your skills are self centered.

Blub.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheDevice.2751

sry

No one plays that… and you completly ignore your wrong statement that you can get a 12cd on each weapon skill. You even post it with cleric amulett and vampiric runes, things that no one uses. Its some squishy VERY WEIRD power build that is not meta at all in sPvP. No speedy kits etc… very strange trait selection no engi would use, ever. Also stealth and stability is not something you can spam with that build. Please play a class for some month bevor you post some weird kitten build to proof your point.

You seem to spread alot of engi hate in every thread you post because of some unexplained personal problem against the class.

I obviously exaggerated the cdr on most of their skills. But that was just to convey the idea that they are not that long.

You said that an engi could not do all the things I said in that post. I just made a very quick and silly build just to prove that you could do all those things , it wasn’t to create some viable build at all. I edited that build from a necro build I had used and didn’t even bother switching out the runes or amulet or attempt to create a viable trait setup. I was merely to prove that you can do all the things I said in that statement on one build.

Just because you can’t spam stealth doesn’t make much of a difference. You can do it during important situations like escaping. My point is that an engineer can do a very wide range of things when they feel the need to which is just unfair lol. They have a high skill cap for players to learn and allow far more avenues of winning fights than at the very least necros do.

I don’t like engineers so much be cause they are the obvious favorite class of the devs. They are never in need of any buffs but still are catered to whatever the engi community desires such as my example with condition cleansing. They have so little to complain about and even the small things that might make them weak the devs are in a hurry to fix.

Necromancers are the red headed step child of the game. There is no real doubt about that in my mind. Necro’s have been qqing for sustain for who knows how long and are never responded to. Take a look back at the gw2 livestream they did when they introduced the new heal skills… Since then it told me everything about how they view each class. They spent like 2 minutes bored to tears presenting the SoV, not much commentary, awkward silences, and pretty much showcasing how terrible it was. Then skip ahead to the engi portion of the segment… A complete turn-around in energy when showcasing the AED, going in-depth, giddily laughing and spending like 8 minutes hyping it up and showing off how amazing it was.

You don’t really have to look that far into the history of the game to see the difference on how each of the classes are handled. The necro has pretty much been on the short end of the stick since pre-launch.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If you run Venomous Aura they get ridiculous, but on their own, their fairly good. just gotta manage the cooldowns and use them sequentially, not burst (unless paired with trap ranger or marks necro, then spamming all at once is good)

How does it compare to PD Venomshare?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

How does it compare to PD Venomshare?

well, faster stacking ,but less damage i guess. havent tried PD too much. I just prefer having an interrupt + smoke field on hand rather then CnD and some bad dagger 4…

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Wanna destroy hambow?
Try running;
Trapper Ranger, BM condi bunker or glassbow Ranger
Mediguard
S/F fresh air ele

I hope you’re talking about wvw…. and not tpvp.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

lol i almost don’t even want to bother

Don’t. It is not like they ever listen or care about balance feedback anyway…

Whenever I look at my necromancer, I feel like someone is pointing middle fing to my face….

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Not that is OP but actually holds it´s own against warriors:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBIhZakjm+abrxrG2bTENUSHAHQBM5F8BQ2jDAA-TJxHwACOFAn2fYZZAAPBAA

Watch for defy pain and run away using dagger/warhorn
Kite using cripple, chill, keep fear for oh kitten moments
Run in circles around wurm , but at a distance that warrior attacks wont connect with your minion
Use your minion skills ( wurm to get space (oh kitten button), flesh golem knockback when receiving heavy dps, blind and immobilize as often as you can)
Keep death shroud for defensive purposes, to gain time for your healing to get out of cool down, to get an extra health bar.
If you try to push using death shroud at the beginning of the fight, a warrior simply swaps to hammer and it gains such a health advantage that puts you on the ropes.

Do this for the first part of the fight until you have an advantage then push and apply pressure with dagger/warhorn and then rotations to avoid his escape with CC from staff. At 25% health go full offensive with death shroud.
If the fight turns start playing defensively as seen above, it takes time but you will be able to hold your own.

Hope this helps

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

(edited by Talyn Sneider.1825)

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Problem: you’re relying on minions. You know, those things that never ever dodge and that the Hambow will just AoE down along with you? That are only reliable if you stay in the spot you summon them?

Yeah…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Talyn Sneider.1825

Problem: you’re relying on minions. You know, those things that never ever dodge and that the Hambow will just AoE down along with you? That are only reliable if you stay in the spot you summon them?

Yeah…

Actually you’re counting on your minion’s dying, use the poison cloud to your advantage, continue to play defensively and allow poison to decrease the gains of healing signet. Recreate minions as soon as you can.
Use your body as bait for the warrior, cast marks around your own body.
Always get out of warrior’s longbow F1 AOE as fast as possible, at a range excluding that aoe pulsating damage, you have the upper hand.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah…

Actually you’re counting on your minion’s dying, use the poison cloud to your advantage, continue to play defensively and allow poison to decrease the gains of healing signet. Recreate minions as soon as you can.

And then he drops Combustive Shot and the poison is meaningless. He has that available far more often than you have minions.

I’m a Geeleiver

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

So.. uhhh.. Yeah. I think we need to nerf necros more. IMO. I feel like other classes might have to work just a little too hard to get the better of us. We have nowhere to go, no way to sustain in our fights, and our aoe is bad. Actually its been said by the dev team we should have sub-par aoe. So… We’re the worst. I get it.

At least come out and say it. That’s all im asking. Just say. “hello guys. We just wanted to officially say that we dislike necromancers because we dont play them and hence do not like getting beat by them. Whenever we do get beat by them, we decide to nerf them more. We cant really nerf any other class cuz we generally play them at least once in a while. So, necromancers are going to be the worst profession in this game. I hope you all do not mind that. Thanks!”

At least we can just say “well okay then.”

I don’t see where you’re coming from. You can chain fear people into a dead-stop, you can pop your elite and nuke a whole team down by just spamming one button and whilst warriors ability to cleanse without having a target needs to be nerfed (Longbow Burst skill), I don’t think you can just truck up and say “Yea Warriors need to be nerfed because I can’t win every 1v1 I have with them!”

Seriously mate, if you really want to win, just play smart. Don’t spam dodge on useless skills, don’t try to fight them when they have berserker stance (just run and hide for 10s and come back) and don’t go into a fight you know you’re going to lose.

Finally, Anet never said “we’re fine with hardcounters” they said “we’re fine with non-permanent counters”. So things like Berserker stance, invulns and all that jazz.

You can beat Warriors, you just need to be smart about how you play.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Talyn Sneider.1825

Yeah…

And then he drops Combustive Shot and the poison is meaningless. He has that available far more often than you have minions.

Poison is never useless, u take 33% off from the healing signet passive heal, for a combustive shot to be that kind of a menace to a flesh golem or wurm the warrior has to be berserker, in that case -33% will severely handicap his health gain giving you the health advantage ( provided you dodge his aoe from longbow ).

Remember to play defensively the staff is your best friend. But granted this isn’t a easy matchup, but it can be won and I’ve done it before with this build. It’s not that I face roll hambows I hold my own for the following scenarios:

1-I keep the fight long enough so a team mate joins in and helps pressuring the hambow
2-I eventually die but keep the point long enough to give an advantage to my team
3-I show the warrior that there are easier preys to get on the battle field, so he decides to better invest the time needed to kill me.

Remember, based on my experience this game isn’t balanced on 1 vs 1 but rather 5 vs 5.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rasalhague.8270

Rasalhague.8270

Pet necro is OP.

5 Pets draining health for you + you draining health for you = invincibility

Oh and you can reset the fight in your favor by pressing your autowin button : F1

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The game is definitely balanced around higher numbers than 1v1’s. There is no question. And you don’t need to run MM to have a chance against Hambow, as regular condition builds do okay (due to scepter 1 providing poison that’s quickly re-applied after CI goes off). That said, during berserker’s stance, necros really can’t do squat to warriors, even the Power necros. Necros are extremely reliant on conditions, which is fine.

I’m a Geeleiver

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Guiss..Guiss..Necro no OP

Engi beat Necro hands Down

Engi has stability spam and max rifle damage
And condi damage all in 1 build.
Engi can stealth and throw nades
Then Knock back with turretz

Engi has 1500 max range and a daze all in 1 build.

Engi > Necro

P.S.
Engi has too much invul needs nerf. Cant beat on my Zerk necro

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Things that should have hard personal counters (meaning a player can counter it by himself)

1. Stealth

2. Invurnabilities (too many of these in the game, remove some and it wont need hard counter)

3. Evades (impossible to counter right now unless you spam)

Things that should have third party counters (meaning they have to work together with another player to counter. Example being a shout that removes conditions, however it does not remove conditions from the player using it. Promotes a teamwork set of mind instead of saving it for when he has conditions)

1. Conditions

2. CC

3. Super high burst – Such as the ability to apply a Aegis to a teammate or a shield that stuns players who attack him. Again this would not cause anything to happen to the player using it.

There’s too much selfish support in this game. The only time I ever see someone affected by a support skill is when another player uses it to do something for himself and his teammate getting support from it was just a bypass/something he didn’t think about.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

There’s too much selfish support in this game. The only time I ever see someone affected by a support skill is when another player uses it to do something for himself and his teammate getting support from it was just a bypass/something he didn’t think about.

Umm….You know this game was designed from Day 1 for every class to be self reliant right?

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Umm….You know this game was designed from Day 1 for every class to be self reliant right?

And the meta sure has flourished because of it, right? People consider PvE combat to be boring and zerker too strong. People complain about the meta for PvP being too “cheese”, boring, and none changing. There needs to be more teamwork or smaller numbers. 5 “self reliant” classes fighting isn’t entertaining at all to watch.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Solori.6025

And the meta sure has flourished because of it, right? People consider PvE combat to be boring and zerker too strong. People complain about the meta for PvP being too “cheese”, boring, and none changing. There needs to be more teamwork or smaller numbers. 5 “self reliant” classes fighting isn’t entertaining at all to watch.

I wouldn’t say its because of a classes self reliance that the game has gone stale.

It’s really-
Poor balance between classes and the lack of clutch play.
Uninteresting maps because of a predictable game mode.
Lack of game mode variety and
Strict meta builds.

The combat itself is fine.
But if only 4 classes have a real place in a team setting

and all four classes only have 1-2 good builds to choose from.

It gets boring.
It gets predictable

Solution-
Fix the ducking traits/weapon bugs and open up build variety to different classes.

A Condi ele would be awesome to play, same as a condi guard.

A mesmer needs a lot of work because its of the most under-represented classes in the running ToL.

Rangers are laughed at.

Guardians are tired of hearing " In a good place"

Warriors are too afraid of nerfs and changes

Thieves want variety instead of relying on stealth to even function

Engineers are utility backpacks

and necro’s are the attrition class…WITH NO ATTRITION

(edited by Solori.6025)

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Dirame.8521

Things that should have hard personal counters (meaning a player can counter it by himself)

They should really make immob block out skill based evades. All the classes who this will affect can and will teleport or cleanse it. But hey, let’s leave all this evade spam in there because it’s totally makes sense to dodge when you’re immobilized.

3. Super high burst – Such as the ability to apply a Aegis to a teammate or a shield that stuns players who attack him. Again this would not cause anything to happen to the player using it.

Well we’ve got, Fumigate, Plague Signet, that new trait for necros that kinda sucks because it’s passive (like they don’t already have Plague signet for that), Cleansing Flame….

Yea I think that all of the non-selfish cleansing skills/traits.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheBandicoot.5294

Dirame, i suggest you to have a look in the “Immobilization OP?” thread in this subforum. The last thing immobilization needs is an even more freezing behaviour with all it’s bugs and glitches causing instant skills to not work or activate later than needed.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Dirame.8521

Dirame, i suggest you to have a look in the “Immobilization OP?” thread in this subforum. The last thing immobilization needs is an even more freezing behaviour with all it’s bugs and glitches causing instant skills to not work or activate later than needed.

That’s bugs and glitches that may or may not occur in a fight. And those can be fixed.

Now I ask you, go search for all the “too much evade” threads that have popped up over the months and you tell me whether immob shouldn’t do this. Just fighting a thief on it’s own should tell you this. Landing an immob on a thief is hard as it is and he can just teleport out of it anyway so no, that little thread did nothing to sway my opinion.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Pet necro is OP.

5 Pets draining health for you + you draining health for you = invincibility

Oh and you can reset the fight in your favor by pressing your autowin button : F1

You wot mate?

Saying a Necro can reset a fight… wow, this is going straight to the wtf am I reading wall.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

They should really make immob block out skill based evades. All the classes who this will affect can and will teleport or cleanse it. But hey, let’s leave all this evade spam in there because it’s totally makes sense to dodge when you’re immobilized.

Well we’ve got, Fumigate, Plague Signet, that new trait for necros that kinda sucks because it’s passive (like they don’t already have Plague signet for that), Cleansing Flame….

Yea I think that all of the non-selfish cleansing skills/traits.

For traits, there are more that only help allies (or don’t function while alone):
Elementalist: Aquatic Benevolance, Powerful Aura.
Guardian: Communal Defenses, Battle Presence
Necromancer: Transfusion*, Unholy Martyr, Unyielding Blast

*: Under most circumstances, the necro gains no benefit. However, if he runs out of life force during the channel, any remaining ticks heal him.

I’m a Geeleiver

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

TheBandicoot.5294

That’s bugs and glitches that may or may not occur in a fight. And those can be fixed.

Now I ask you, go search for all the “too much evade” threads that have popped up over the months and you tell me whether immob shouldn’t do this. Just fighting a thief on it’s own should tell you this. Landing an immob on a thief is hard as it is and he can just teleport out of it anyway so no, that little thread did nothing to sway my opinion.

You generalize too much – first, those bugs and glitches happen 9 out of 10 times to me when immobilize successfully is applied. I´m playing S/D thief and it lands often enough when i play against opponents who know how to handle S/D thieves. Second, the existing casting delay caused by immobilize freezing any ongoing animation also causes teleports to not activate or activate with .5 to 1 second delay. Yes, those can be fixed – but as long as they are not fixed at least let me use SB #3 or S/D #3, although getting those to activate in time is based on the very same lottery. My suggestion wasn´t meant to sway your oppinion – it was just me expressing my oppinion why immobilize should be fixed before geting buff.

Now what about opponents who cannot evade and port like S/D thieves?

Breakdown of GW2 balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’m soley a pvper, i rarely pve except for living story once in 2 weeks.
i play my necro with a power setup focusing on huge crits, keeping deathshroud up as long as possible and causing lots of small life steal damage ticks.

i’ve gotta say its one of my favourite characters.
life blast hits like a truck and has 100% crit chance,
if i activate locust swarm, drop wells and hit deathshroud 5+4, everything dies
and while all of that is critting away i’m actually gaining life force instead of losing it, no matter how many of them are swinging away at me!

if the fight turned south i’d click my lovely lich form and spam everything to death with 7k+ crits.

again, i’d have to say my necro is one of my favourite characters, it feels godly sometimes.