[PvP] Mesmer Moa Skill = Death Sentence

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

You know, Moa isn’t an I win button, I have gotten away many times as one. Moa is more of a your an annoying theif and I am tired of you popping stealth every 3s seconds so I am going to make you actually fight.

+1

Especially when they “think” they are so good for constantly stealthing amidst the group of enemies and be like “muahahahahhaha nobody can catch me”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

did they make this MOA skill 5 shorten in spvp or something? i used to remember it doing like 2x longer distance way back.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

You know, Moa isn’t an I win button, I have gotten away many times as one. Moa is more of a your an annoying theif and I am tired of you popping stealth every 3s seconds so I am going to make you actually fight.

+1

Especially when they “think” they are so good for constantly stealthing amidst the group of enemies and be like “muahahahahhaha nobody can catch me”

every 4-7 secs. preferablly i like opponents going into stealth. easy to bunker dodge on 2.5 secs andhes screwed. if u think its a problem ur a bad player. this is spvp i talking about.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

In the end, the flaw of Moa is that it only targets a single person, on a very lengthy CD. Yes, it’s strong. It’s a 10s daze, in a way.

But it’s one target.

One target is a big difference in tPvP, this gives the opposing team a huge edge.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

In the end, the flaw of Moa is that it only targets a single person, on a very lengthy CD. Yes, it’s strong. It’s a 10s daze, in a way.

But it’s one target.

One target is a big difference in tPvP, this gives the opposing team a huge edge.

Isnt this basicly the point of every elite out there?

Warriors elite banner or rangers elite spirit are able to rezz their allies, the spirit can even rezz the ranger itself.
Plague form gives makes a necro a real pain in the kitten , especially when he is spaming blinds.
Engis suply crate is also usually rated as one of the best elites out there.
Within the CD of 1 moa skill, a thief is able to use basilisk venom 4 times. Applied at the right moment, it can also be very beneficial. Not to mention the synergy with lyssa runes or the fact that it is harder to evade than moa.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Please nerf this skill to the ground.

I was fighting a 1 v 1 when a glass mesmer came in and moa’d me straight away. Seriously, press to win button in this situation.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

one of the problems of the moa is that you never get to practice its skills. sure 5 is the run away option but what do the other skills do? HotM needs a npc who transforms me into a moa for a hour with a “change back to normal” button. and from my experience the skills need some improvements. it makes you more useless than a ranger’s pet (yeah its actually possible).

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Profession Balance

Menzies The Heretic.3415

one of the problems of the moa is that you never get to practice its skills. sure 5 is the run away option but what do the other skills do? HotM needs a npc who transforms me into a moa for a hour with a “change back to normal” button. and from my experience the skills need some improvements. it makes you more useless than a ranger’s pet (yeah its actually possible).

The actual problem is, you will never touch any player because you cannot escape cc as a moa chicken. Perhaps if you got stability, your chance of survival might increase about 4%

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I was fighting a 1 v 1 when a glass mesmer came in and moa’d me straight away. Seriously, press to win button in this situation.

Because your build is not supposed to lose to mesmers?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I don’t understand why people have to post hate posts and say people are bad at the game if they don’t have the same viewpoint as you. Forums really show who people really are which are just hateful disrespectful people. It doesn’t take much to respond with respectful criticism although I’m sure you don’t know what that is. =\ If you would like I could give you an example and turn amy if these hateful posts into one. You get angry when he asks you for a duel and post even more personal attacks at him when the reason he probably even posted that is because you put him into a position where he felt he needed to defend himself. I guess you got what you wanted.
Oh and when it comes to the moa, if you know how to use the skills it really isnt op and I’d much rather them use moa than passively kill me with their phantasms even more while stealthed. PU mesmers are so annoying.

in Profession Balance

EverythingEnds.4261

So you lost a 2 vs 1 in which at least 1 of your enemies used his elite?

Tell me more about this only happens against mesmers who use moa.

Every proper burst build might be able to destroy you when he attacks you in the right moment and you are already in a fight.

Dont you think, the outcome would have been the same if a engi would have come in and droped a supply crate on you?
Or a necro fearing you to death?
Or a thief attacking you? Maybe with basilisk venom or thieves guild?
Or just a warrior joining the fight?
etc.

Lets just make a little mind game:
If it is a 2 vs. 1 fight, where all players have the exact same level of “skill” and we ignore special “build vs. counterbuild”-situations.
It logically MUST be impossible for the 1 player to win against the 2 others.
Thus, “I lost a 2 vs 1” doesnt deliver any proper argument for or against anything.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I still want to be Moa’d mid-stomp so that I can moa-stomp someone. There should be an achievement.

When I get moa’d I usually just go HAM and start pecking the guy as hard as I can. There are some tactical uses (like previously breaking the impenetrable wall that was/is bunker guard), but moa isn’t any more of a death sentence than spamming out stuns/immobs are. However, I can see where casting it from stealth can feel imbalanced, but casting just about anything from stealth is pretty imbalanced.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

So you lost a 2 vs 1 in which at least 1 of your enemies used his elite?

Tell me more about this only happens against mesmers who use moa.

Every proper burst build might be able to destroy you when he attacks you in the right moment and you are already in a fight.

Dont you think, the outcome would have been the same if a engi would have come in and droped a supply crate on you?
Or a necro fearing you to death?
Or a thief attacking you? Maybe with basilisk venom or thieves guild?
Or just a warrior joining the fight?
etc.

Can you stun break out of a moa form?
Can you teleport away with moa form?
Can you use your invulnerability skills in moa form?
Can you gain stability in moa form?
Can you run away in moa form?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

But it’s one target.

It isn’t just a 10s daze. This is a 10s unremovable perfect daze. In a regular 3 second daze, you could use instant skills and stun break.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Because your build is not supposed to lose to mesmers?

Yes you are totally right, I guess you won the argument right there.

in Profession Balance

EverythingEnds.4261

If #1-3 would be possible, moa would be probably the most useless elite in the game
#4: nope, but it also doesnt remove the stability you already have

#5: Yes, you can.

Besides, if you are already fighting in a 1 vs 1, you might already have used stuff like stunbreaks, teleports, stability or invulnerability.

Moa is ment to shut down a target, so you shouldnt complain about moa shutting down a target.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Seriously…. is anyone still running with Moa????

after reading this, I want to.

Let’s compare moa morph to Shadow Refuge. Long cast time, easily noticed, easily countered, results in a hellavah long time of the enemy being unable to attack you, and you’re able to deal a kittenton of damage to your enemy. The difference is that Shadow Refuge can be used 3 times in the time moa morph can be used once.

in Profession Balance

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Let’s compare moa morph to Shadow Refuge. Long cast time, easily noticed, easily countered, results in a hellavah long time of the enemy being unable to attack you, and you’re able to deal a kittenton of damage to your enemy. The difference is that Shadow Refuge can be used 3 times in the time moa morph can be used once.

Let’s compare an avarage frying pan with 3 bottles of different liquids on top of a living parrot. Long pan, easily thrown against a brick wall, results in a hellavah lot of metal when melted down by heat and temperature. The difference is that the parrot can eat three huge clams in the time that a regular toaster downloads Breaking bad season 2.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Let’s compare an avarage frying pan with 3 bottles of different liquids on top of a living parrot. Long pan, easily thrown against a brick wall, results in a hellavah lot of metal when melted down by heat and temperature. The difference is that the parrot can eat three huge clams in the time that a regular toaster downloads Breaking bad season 2.

dude, you’re totally on to something there! plus, the parrot can be melted down to make up some of the frying pan, then cooled with the liquid. We do have to do something about those clams, though. Somehow need to upgrade it to 2 clams and 1 mussel. You’ll have to explain the toaster, however. How do you get season 2 on it? All I have is season 1 and I’m missing out.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

If #1-3 would be possible, moa would be probably the most useless elite in the game

Besides, if you are already fighting in a 1 vs 1, you might already have used stuff like stunbreaks, teleports, stability or invulnerability.

Moa is ment to shut down a target, so you shouldnt complain about moa shutting down a target.

Sooo…. Thief elite, basilisk poison, with a 2 second daze has to be nerfed, even though you can get out of it, but a 10 second daze is okay?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My point exactly. Fix tPvP team size, fix a host of currently bemoaned balance issues. 10v10 or so, that’d also allow teams to bring one of each class to at least have full coverage (should they want to). Also means we’re looking at a rebalance of damage-output in general so the assist-train power gets reduced.

Though it’s unlikely such a large rework would happen. But long-term, I think it’d be rather positive for the game.

Sooo…. Thief elite, basilisk poison, with a 2 second daze has to be nerfed, even though you can get out of it, but a 10 second daze is okay?

Basilisk Venom is not a daze.
Moa Morph is not a daze.

If you want to compare, at least actually compare the abilities and not what you dreamt up.

Basilisk Venom is a super-stun. That’s what petrify is in GW2, in the end. Also very short CD, can be shared to the group, and can be upgraded to an extra charge.
Moa is a selective Daze. It locks your own abilities, but it also gives you 5 new ones. Comparatively lengthy CD, no trait interaction.

The largest immediate difference is this:
In Moa Morph, you hit a button and jettison away from the enemy. When Basilisk’ed, you’re stuck and have to break it. They’re quite incomparable.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think Moa is underpowered… it could use a 5-target AoE of 600 radius at 1200 range. Now that would be worth talking about.

And yeah, this thread is just QQ from players too lazy to read the skill description on the wiki.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Moa never really concerns me. Actually, I can’t remember the last time I died after someone used that skill on me.

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

As mentioned before, it’s definetly an “I win” button. You can’t compare it to basilisk venom which can be broken out of easily. In Moa form you lose ALL SKILLS FOR 10 SECONDS. BOOM. DEAD.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Moa never really concerns me. Actually, I can’t remember the last time I died after someone used that skill on me.

Agreed. It’s only useful against certain types of players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

As mentioned before, it’s definetly an “I win” button. You can’t compare it to basilisk venom which can be broken out of easily. In Moa form you lose ALL SKILLS FOR 10 SECONDS. BOOM. DEAD.

Oh and what Jelzouki didn’t tell you:
You can still move, can still escape, and you actually get new skills to help you with that!

BOOM! ALIVE!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

As a necro i actually enjoy moa if i am not immobilized or interrupted, i actually get more movementspeed and a leap!

But considering the transformation blocks out your skills for 1 second upon transformation and skills and utilities for 1-2 seconds when coming out, it is still a death scentence.. not because of the transformation itself, but the mechanics and delays that come with it..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Lol love getting moa’d. Skill 5 away and laugh while imaging the Mesmers heartbroken face as he desperately tries to keep up <3. I kinda grown a sick obsession to get moa’d just to peck at other players

Lululululul op gets killed once, first reaction is to try to get the skill nerfed to the ground. Rather then to just respawn and rek the mesmers face while it waits another 160 secs. Take the game less cereal but I would like a more useful elite without dealing with the usual harsh self punishment

If you think Moa is too strong, then your worst nightmare is for me to get tuna’d. It’s go something like this

Attachments:

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

(edited by echo.2053)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Last time it was used on me was during WvW when I was trolling in the enemy controlled Hills. I was laughing so hard because they only gave me an extra speed burst to get away from them with, and I just stealthed again the second I got out of it. Took them 15 minutes to find me again, and the Mesmer didn’t try it again.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I’ve found, that in a WvW skirmish, Moa Morph can be used to guarantee a kill on almost any enemy. While Moa’d, you lose access all of your skills (takes away warrior healing signet). It’s even better than using immobilize on a pesky ele who’s keeping their team alive with water fields, as they rely solely on active defense. However, in situations where your enemy cannot follow up with extreme damage, this skill is relatively useless. there’s also the fact that the downed state gives the enemy an opportunity to be rezzed by a friend. Maybe moas shouldn’t have a downed state…

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

Oh and what Jelzouki didn’t tell you:
You can still move, can still escape, and you actually get new skills to help you with that!

BOOM! ALIVE!

The skills are all bad and broken.
BOOM! DEAD AGAIN!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Again, the #5 has been nerfed down to 3/4ths of a second of increased run speed.

It’s not the “get out of moa form free” skill that it was previously.

…Yet people keep referring to it as if it is.