Remove FGS 4(PVE): Gamebreaking

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Here is why – the power level is completely out of whack with anything else and the meta is now completely stale. Warrior for banners? Nah, take another ele. Guard for defensive utilities? Nah, take another ele. SE p1 and p3 would basically be 5-ele records if if weren’t for portal tricks. It’s like you enjoy the game being boring or something.

The meta … for dungeons!

Which are terrible. We all know that. You are trying to fix the symptoms, not the problem.

Dungeons are fine, just old. If people actually had to wake up and press dodge every now and then they might find dungeons more interesting than brain afk’ing with conjures.

Yeah true. I can’t deny that. But again, that’s the symptoms.

Without OP conjures we would simply get back to OP warriors, staff ele, etc … would it seriously be more intersting? Barely. Why? Because dungeons are not designed to be interesting combat.

Stop hanging onto remnants of the past, embrace what the future could be.

In fact I am not opposed to a nerf of FGS. But I want a sensible nerf. If we are to merely return to an older meta then nay. Shift the meta to fractals.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Looks underpowered.

/sarcasm

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This thread is a riot. Lets leave the broken mechanic in game because PVE is a joke. Lets leave it in play because it doesn’t hurt anyone.

Why don’t we remove it because it doesn’t hurt anyone? Why don’t we remove it because PvE is a joke?

I could understand the complaints about removing it (I can’t, but lets just pretend I could) if Elementalists would have their spot in a group jeopardized. But they don’t. They’d still be top DPS (or top 3 at worst). They still provide useful utility. They still have a reason to exist.

ANet should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this problem in the nearly 2 years it has been known. The only reason it was changed at all was due to the eSport impact of the change and people being 1 shot.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Why would you want to remove FGS 4?

Because not always is “more power” universally better?
Why would someone who specializes in PvE speedclears inherently wish for the balance to favour specific skills on specific classes? More so if it’s one skill on one class which is very much out of line, instead of at least the entire FGS (as an elite, it’d be ok if it’s powerful, only it’s not really, FGS#4 is).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think removing firey rush’s bug would help make PvE healthier again, but eles still ahve ice bow 4, so it wouldn’t be too huge of a change.

Honestly I’d rather see mesmer/ranger/necro be given more ways to do more damage/utility in PvE so people would actually want to take them over a 2nd ele.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The dungeons are terrible when you’ve played better dungeons. And I’ve played better dungeons in nearly every other RPG I’ve played. But it’s also a problem with the mobs, and the stale combat system (but that is an entirely different discussion).

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Ok so let me get this straight OP. Your signature says you’re from DnT, now I don’t know much about the “hardcore pve scene”, but I believe those guys are known for speedclearing stuff extremely efficiently and quick (correct me if I’m wrong).

Are other guilds catching up to your “records” by using this “cheese” perhaps?
Do you enjoy longer PvE fights?
Or maybe you guys never run elementalists, so you feel you’re at a disadvantage?

I honestly don’t understand why would you care.

I’m guessing that was aimed at me since the OP isn’t in that guild. Here’s the thing – yes we’re speed clearers, but we all have our own opinions on things, and sure, efficiency is great and I like maximising my DPS, but when it makes pve completely un fun and basic, I don’t think it’s strange that I would complain about it. For the record – I’m giving my own opinion, not a guild opinion.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

Ok so let me get this straight OP. Your signature says you’re from DnT, now I don’t know much about the “hardcore pve scene”, but I believe those guys are known for speedclearing stuff extremely efficiently and quick (correct me if I’m wrong).

Or maybe you guys never run elementalists, so you feel you’re at a disadvantage?

Take a look at gwscr.com

DnT holds quite a few records and they use fgs in their comps. I’m sure the reason colesy is trying to make is that fgs kinda gimps some things that people would otherwise find difficult. I as well as many others use fgs in order to make things efficient but I’m sure some encounters people would find long/tedious/difficult without it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Those dungeons arent any more interesting even without fgs.

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Those dungeons arent any more interesting even without fgs.

You mean they are bloody boring?

Nerfing FGS would only make the boring stuff take longer.

On the other hand, fractals are fun.

(see the pattern people already?)

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Fighting lupicus normally is far more interesting than throwing him in to a wall and pressing 4 to win.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It is quite simple to fix this, just nerf the amount of pulse and the damage at the same time. When used properly, no one would really cares about the damage from the trail. If some PvPer cares, Make it cause cripple or something.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

Fighting lupicus normally is far more interesting than throwing him in to a wall and pressing 4 to win.

I disagree. All those numbers ticking are quite satisfying for me personally. And lupi is boring in a group no matter how you fight him. Hes also boring to solo on a warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Hi, I’m Nike. I am the leader of DnT, I will answer you.

Personally, I find it warps the meta-game and limits build and comp diversity. While it makes “boring dungeons” faster I find it makes individual fights more boring. You might say “well a fight is already boring” and that may be true, but I would prefer to at least have to dodge or use some kind of tactical approach to a fight. It makes the game a bit less mindless.

No, we are doing a good job of using this “cheese” set records ourselves. When it comes to records we have a play to win attitude, whatever the best possible thing we can do within the rules is what we will do.

Yes. I do.

Nope, we have some of the best Elementalists in the game in our guild.

Because I don’t have a myopic view of the game. I understand the difference between what is good for me and what is good for the game overall. will nerfing FGS slow down our casual dungeon runs? Yes. Will it make the game better? Also yes.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

this looks so much more interesting

But then are you going to ask to nerf feeback? Are you going to ask to nerf anything that works against the boredom that are dungeons?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

You’re comparing one fight to a weapon used in every single dungeon. Yes, if you could make bosses in every single dungeon commit suicide with feedback I would want it nerfed, but that isn’t the case.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tripzter.8623

Tripzter.8623

this looks so much more interesting

But then are you going to ask to nerf feeback? Are you going to ask to nerf anything that works against the boredom that are dungeons?

I get that you don’t care about this but you are looking to win an argument that tbh is pretty much composed of personal opinions.. Why?

It’s normal that fractal oriented players do not mind either way since FGS is not that good in most of them, but for those not so fractal oriented, those who run dungeons everyday and try to have some fun in there this is actually a big deal…

It’s ridiculous the difference that FGS does in most bosses.. At first you see the bosses melt and you’re like “rofl the damage.. its very funny indeed to see bosses melt away” but after a while the funny feeling turns into something else.. Well.. Boring.. It’s no longer fun when you go at lupi with 5 eles and burn him in 15secs.. You don’t even need 5 eles but whatever..
It’s not fun when you go somewhere and you kill the bosses faster than you kill the few packs of trash you need to pull… I actually fell asleep in the middle of a boss once.. That’s how exciting FGS makes everything be..
But the meta turned into this.. Comps always bring Eles for their Fury/Might/FGS delivery system.. And even if some ppl don’t agree with it, if FGS#4 was gone, some fights would actually be much better than they are at the moment.. because you could actually see something coming and “AMG we need to dodge!”..
Well, this is just an opinion, as every other 100000000 opinions we got here.

Tripzter Element [QQ]
[QQ] is recruiting see our FAQ & thread

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Yeah but like I said, I’m not against FGS being nerfed, I’m against going back to an old meta, that I find much more boring.

You want interesting PvE? Then ask for it! Nerfing FGS would only fix the symptoms of the dungeons that are boring by nature.

If you really want FGS nerfed then fine, but if you stop at that PvE will be more boring than ever. Consider the implications of what you advocate carefully, and don’t confuse the symptoms with their causes.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

FGS rush is fine. Just fix boss AI so they don’t jump ontop of players who are humping a wall. Using rush properly takes some setup, carries some risk, and is pretty useless if not setup correctly.

If you remove FGS, everyone will “Have to” play Norn in PvE because bear form can do pretty much the same thing.

Also, ele elites are pretty bad (comparatively) to everyone else’s, with FGS really only being strong in PvE and as a really long CD mobility option in wvw/pvp.

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Consider those game changing tweaks instead:

• mobs can move and attack at the same time
  • mobs always move

Bam, there you go, new meta, much more interesting.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I can not state strongly enough how incredibly stupid is the fact that mobs don’t move in PvE while this is a bloody core feature of the whole game.

Fixing this would go a massively long way towards making PvE interesting.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Yeah but like I said, I’m not against FGS being nerfed, I’m against going back to an old meta, that I find much more boring.

You want interesting PvE? Then ask for it! Nerfing FGS would only fix the symptoms of the dungeons that are boring by nature.

If you really want FGS nerfed then fine, but if you stop at that PvE will be more boring than ever. Consider the implications of what you advocate carefully, and don’t confuse the symptoms with their causes.

Eles will still be in demand, you just won’t be vomiting conjures for every single fight, pressing 4 and going to sleep. The dungeons are not boring by nature, they’re actually quite interesting when you have to pay attention to choreographs and act accordingly – this is why soloing is so interesting, because you have to learn the mechanics or you just die. Pve will not be more boring than ever, you’ll actually be able to do more interesting comps than 4e/1m comps without compromising your own efficiency. I don’t want 4w/1g back but 4e/1m is no better.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Let me get this straight because I’m confused, you want to nerf FGS because is does a lot damage? now do you know FGS is an ELITE skill right? and to be honest from all the games I’ve play in 16 years, this is the first time I seen someone complaining about killing mobs too fast. Just hilarious!

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

• mobs always move

I can not state strongly enough how incredibly stupid is the fact that mobs don’t move in PvE while this is a bloody core feature of the whole game.

Fixing this would go a massively long way towards making PvE interesting.

Allow me to quote myself for emphasis just in case a dev would be reading this

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can’t fix it. It’s how their entire AI is designed. What do you think Rangers have been complaining about since day 1?

The fact that this is even being discussed as anything but an exploit is a giant neon sign highlighting ANets incompetence.

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Let me get this straight because I’m confused, you want to nerf FGS because is does a lot damage? now do you know FGS is an ELITE skill right? and to be honest from all the games I’ve play in 16 years, this is the first time I seen someone complaining about killing mobs too fast. Just hilarious!

What part of ‘this skill does quadruple the DPS of anything else’ sounds balanced? What elite in the game is even on a level close to that?

in Profession Balance

spoj.9672

I don’t want 4w/1g back but 4e/1m is no better.

Actually it is better as its a lot faster.

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

“No better” as in they’re equally as dull. Actually no, warriors actually had to interact with mechanics so I guess it was actually even better before.

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

What part of ‘this skill does quadruple the DPS of anything else’ sounds balanced? What elite in the game is even on a level close to that?

This is so funny… you know that everyone ckittene the FGS right? I’m still don’t get this post.
And;
your signature says “Boss solos and more” are you hurt because a Ele can solo a dungeon faster than you?

(edited by xbutcherx.3861)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

I agree it needs a change. Because it limits party comps and play styles. Given pretty much any organized group, or a competent pug, you can bring all kinds of party comps and do well. Only your approach to the fight changes. You swap Ranger for Engi and Thief for Ele and you’ll still do just fine.

But right now, with FGS, you get groups sitting, waiting, demanding another Ele for FGS spam. Groups sitting, waiting, doing nothing while they wait for FGS to come off cooldown when they could have killed the boss in less time. Some groups think it’s a necessity, instead of a luxury. It lowers the skill level of a lot of pugs, that could be learning actual rotations and dodging mechanics.

There seems to be a divide in the playerbase between people who want to play and people who just want rewards. I have nothing against optimization or speed running, but saying that four people standing in place and hitting 4, without the need for dodging or skill rotations is ‘playing the game’, or suggesting it takes any kind of skill is a bit of a stretch.

Bring FGS dps in line with other elites (lower damage coefficients, make it targeted only, just have it summon one, etc), then given Necros a cleave and some boon sharing, and watch group diversity skyrocket.

in Profession Balance

Tripzter.8623

Hilarious is the fact that you do not understand whats being said here.. Or worse, you do and you’re fine being carried by FGS..

This is so funny… you know that everyone ckittene the FGS right? I’m still don’t get this post.
And;
your signature says “Boss solos and more” are you hurt because a Ele can solo a dungeon faster than you?

That pretty much answers it.. you don’t get it.. The point is, this is where ppl are expressing their opinions about something that should be changed because it could change some of the “X dungeon is too boring” problems that exist at the moment.. FGS makes everything trivial.. As Zelyhn among some others posted before, there are some solutions to this problem, but I seriously doubt those will be approved and implemented.. It’s easier / faster for Anet to just change FGS.

And trying to insult others on something they do for fun / for the challenge is really not the way to go.. You sound bitter cuz maha can do something you can’t.. FGS carry too strong..

Tripzter Element [QQ]

in Profession Balance

xbutcherx.3861

Hilarious is the fact that you do not understand whats being said here.. Or worse, you do and you’re fine being carried by FGS..

And;

That pretty much answers it.. you don’t get it.. The point is, this is where ppl are expressing their opinions about something that should be changed because it could change some of the “X dungeon is too boring” problems that exist at the moment.. FGS makes everything trivial.. As Zelyhn among some others posted before, there are some solutions to this problem, but I seriously doubt those will be approved and implemented.. It’s easier / faster for Anet to just change FGS.

And trying to insult others on something they do for fun / for the challenge is really not the way to go.. You sound bitter cuz maha can do something you can’t.. FGS carry too strong..

LOL I don’t play ELE non I ever care of making one, I play warrior since BETA and I will keep playing warrior. I don’t have problems running dungeons at any pace, tho I like doing it fast because is to FARM GOLD (understand this concept?), my suggestion to all whiners on this post to make your own group and kick eles out of it.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks

btw I’m a PvPer not Pver so No i don’t solo Dungeons, Don’t need to.

(edited by xbutcherx.3861)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

Glad you asked. Let’s use the wiki and compare the base damage. Equal buffs (food, might) will multiply these values equally

The Fiery Rush line ticks 80 damage, lasts 3 seconds, and consists of 12 patches. Multiplying these numbers gives 2880 damage.

The Bear Form Charge hits multiple times for 609 damage, but the wiki doesn’t say how often it hits. If it hits at least 5 times, it actually outdamages Fiery Rush. Most movement skills hit bosses 4 times, but I personally haven’t tried Charge yet. I’d call that “close to” fgs.

Bonus: 100b+Whirlwind Attack deals 3066 damage on the same cooldown as Fiery Rush (these CDs can be reduced by traits). That’s also “close to” fgs.

As you see, all FGS really does is provide warrior-esque DPS for the ele and a second player (oh, now I see why FGS should be nerfed). So stop claiming that it does quadruple damage of anything else in the game.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I don’t pve much, bc quite honest everything in pve gives so little satisfaction, bc everything is so easy. I do pve when a guild mate need a 5th in dungeon or fractals, and when guild do guild missions.

I main ele and ranger for everything pve, pvp, wvw, ocationally guardian.

let’s say we do remove it in pve. as I don’t see the fgs a big deal in pvp, not like I die to those things. eles that uses fgs stupidly in pvp get themselves and their team mates killed , cos of reflect. what will be in its place ? what are you going to compensate for the mobility it gives in wvw and pvp?

in Profession Balance

Tripzter.8623

Glad you asked. Let’s use the wiki and compare the base damage. Equal buffs (food, might) will multiply these values equally

The Fiery Rush line ticks 80 damage, lasts 3 seconds, and consists of 12 patches. Multiplying these numbers gives 2880 damage.

The Bear Form Charge hits multiple times for 609 damage, but the wiki doesn’t say how often it hits. If it hits at least 5 times, it actually outdamages Fiery Rush. Most movement skills hit bosses 4 times, but I personally haven’t tried Charge yet. I’d call that “close to” fgs.

Bonus: 100b+Whirlwind Attack deals 3066 damage on the same cooldown as Fiery Rush (these CDs can be reduced by traits). That’s also “close to” fgs.

As you see, all FGS really does is provide warrior-esque DPS for the ele and a second player (oh, now I see why FGS should be nerfed). So stop claiming that it does quadruple damage of anything else in the game.

Too bad all that kitten math is wrong..
In case you didn’t know, Fiery Rush ticks 68 times in those 3 seconds.. according to your numbers Fiery Rush ticking 80 damage, does not 2880 damage, but 5440. Do the math you want but at least do it properly..
Have a good day.

Tripzter Element [QQ]

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Warrior-esque DPS ahahahaha.

Watch the rT 7.2s Lupicus kill, divide his hp (1,450,000) by the time spent, you’ll get 201,388.889. Divide by the number of party members and you get 40,277. So stick on max buffs and you can output a DPS of 40,277 with fiery greatsword on a heavy armour target. Now do it on medium and light armour targets – you’ll do like 60,000 DPS.

Compare this to a 30/25/0/0/15 warrior which has a DPS of 12,214.

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Watch the rT 7.2s Lupicus kill, divide his hp (1,450,000) by the time spent, you’ll get 201,388.889. Divide by the number of party members and you get 40,277. So stick on max buffs and you can output a DPS of 40,277 with fiery greatsword on a heavy armour target. Now do it on medium and light armour targets – you’ll do like 60,000 DPS.

What if I told you that:
1. Warriors can pick FGS too (yes!), so they have access to the same dps, only with more than twice the bloody passive survivability (and some of the strongest active survivability too, just in case; not even mentioning the mobility)
2. Fiery rush takes 2.3s , the fight was 7.2s long, you think we spent 4.9 seconds just looking at lupicus waiting for it to die?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

(edited by Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Oh god, my sides, my sides! Stop it, you’re killing me!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m so torn. On one hand I agree that FGS4 trivialises much PvE content to a ridiculous degree. But on the other hand, most PvE content in this game is trivial by design, so I usually just want to get through it as quickly as possible so I can return to WvW – and FGS4 certainly facilitates this.

Anyway, I do consider the OP’s plight honourable and it probably should be addressed.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

• mobs always move

I’d be happy with way more basic things, like mobs actively walking out of AEs and trying not to bunch up when faced with AEs (but otherwise bunching up and sharing b oons!).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

This.. cries ..is beautiful.
Excellent maths, I can die happy now.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

This.. cries ..is beautiful.
Excellent maths, I can die happy now.

I think it is the famous British humour we’ve been told about

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Colesy, you complain about ele, but you play warrior: no one is going to take it seriously

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

I have an ele, and was practicing around with it recently – craft leveled, did arah story, soloed p2 up to Brie like immediately afterwards, did some pugging with it. But of course, since nobody stalks what character I’m playing nobody notices when I’m on alts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Dis kitten srs?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

Too bad all that kitten math is wrong..
In case you didn’t know, Fiery Rush ticks 68 times in those 3 seconds.. according to your numbers Fiery Rush ticking 80 damage, does not 2880 damage, but 5440. Do the math you want but at least do it properly..
Have a good day.

I’m sorry I’m relying on the numbers from the wiki, but I’m sure you have a source for the 68 ticks and can update the wiki accordingly. Even if 5440 is the true base damage of fiery rush it is still less than the double damage of a GS warrior. Far away from the quadruple damage claims thrown around here. Btw: Is it really broken if a pure damage elite outdamages a normal weapon set by less than factor 2 under ideal conditions?

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Why would someone who specializes in PvE speedclears inherently wish for the balance to favour specific skills on specific classes?

Balance and GW2 should not be named within the same sentence.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

I’m guessing that was aimed at me since the OP isn’t in that guild. Here’s the thing – yes we’re speed clearers, but we all have our own opinions on things, and sure, efficiency is great and I like maximising my DPS, but when it makes pve completely un fun and basic, I don’t think it’s strange that I would complain about it. For the record – I’m giving my own opinion, not a guild opinion.

I would agree with you but I like fast gold. And since traiding post flippers make so much more gold than any dungeonrunner could do, I’m not in favor of that change. You want PvE balanced? Ok, I have nothing against that. But the gamemodes should be balanced first. And the gold one could get from the TP isn’t balanced compared to any other activity in this game, despite all that mighty traiders claiming otherwise.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

Can’t fix it. It’s how their entire AI is designed. What do you think Rangers have been complaining about since day 1?

The fact that this is even being discussed as anything but an exploit is a giant neon sign highlighting ANets inc….

Someone will get an infraction for saying that sooner or later.
That said, I hope I can disagree. Ofcourse, there is no saving grace for the current AI. That however doesn’t mean that all AIs have to be that bad.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Balance and GW2 should not be named within the same sentence.

By that logic, neither should 1v1 and GW2, but people basically fill this forum with tears about that. So yeah. :P