Remove stealth downing!!

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Why is this still a thing, it’s freaking unbalance and it’s amazing that this is still not fix!

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

You mean when somebody is stealthed while downed? They’re pretty easy to find…unless you mean being stomped while the opponent is stealthed, which is a different problem altogether.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You mean when somebody is stealthed while downed? They’re pretty easy to find…unless you mean being stomped while the opponent is stealthed, which is a different problem altogether.

Not easy to find when they stealth and die to bleeds or similar.

Not saying I agree it’s a problem, just saying it can be exceedingly difficult sometimes to find them.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Not saying I agree it’s a problem, just saying it can be exceedingly difficult sometimes to find them.

It’s easy for classes with chains on skill 1. Classes like the elementalist, engi, and ranged weapons make it hard.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

It’s easy for classes with chains on skill 1. Classes like the elementalist, engi, and ranged weapons make it hard.

I find on my engi it’s pretty easy to kill a downed thief, stealth or not. You can just paint the general area where the thief downed at with aoes and keep damage ticking on him until he reveals or dies from the condi damage.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

But if they die to bleeds, then where’s the problem?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Valid post Op.

I had a interesting experience in wvw yesterday, here goes…

I didn’t know i was being chased by an enemy thief until i was 2 shotted down by 13k heartseeker+13k backstab.

As always, i surrendered my body: without putting up a fight and waited for my death: seriously, what’s the point of trying once they go into stealth?

Than the enemy female thief proceeded to stand on top of my body and laughed, mocked me.

10 seconds remaining seconds left before the the shadows of death embrace me; the enemy thief chatted with me and told me how i was brave and humble. She permitted me to regain my health, so i did with caution.

Once i regain health: i hid my pet: in sign of non-aggressiveness and was left in shock.

I thanked the enemy female thief for giving me a 2nd chance, she smiled and teleported away.

We continued to chat and discussed how ridiculous stealth and the stealth downing system is, including many other things.

She than encourage me to join her server and her guild with one exception; “delete ranger class (laughs) and play thief class” .

She said if i consider, she and her guild of 2,000 members, will train me to be a Killer Assassin thief.

So there..

Even an enemy thief player sees something wrong with this ub-fair, un-just and un-balanced mechanic and class (why not?).

How is this called “Balance”?

How is this not a Problem?

It give UnFair advantage to Stealth class/s while Punishing Non-Stealth Classes ,

Eliminated this mechanic once and for the sake of the Gods: rework/redesign the broken thief class

" It’s a new day, Yesterday’s failure is redeemed at the sunrise

Redeem The Thief Class!!

once and for all!

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

2000 members? lol.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Valid post Op.

I didn’t know i was being chased by an enemy thief until i was 2 shotted down by 13k heartseeker+13k backstab.

As always, i surrendered my body: without putting up a fight and waited for my death: seriously, what’s the point of trying once they go into stealth?

Than the enemy female thief proceeded to stand on top of my body and laughed, mocked me.

10 seconds remaining seconds left before the the shadows of death embrace me; the enemy thief chatted with me and told me how i was brave and humble. She permitted me to regain my health, so i did with caution.

Once i regain health: i hid my pet: in sign of non-aggressiveness and was left in shock.

I thanked the enemy female thief for giving me a 2nd chance, she smiled and teleported away.

We continued to chat and discussed how ridiculous stealth and the stealth downing system is, including many other things.

She than encourage me to join her server and her guild with one exception; “delete ranger class (laughs) and play thief class” .

She said if i consider, she and her guild of 2,000 members, will train me to be a Killer Assassin thief.

So there..

Even an enemy thief player sees something wrong with this ub-fair, un-just and un-balanced mechanic and class (why not?).

It give UnFair advantage to Stealth class/s while Punishing Non-Stealth Classes ,

Eliminated this mechanic once and for the sake of the Gods: rework/redesign the broken thief class

Redeem The Thief Class!!

once and for all!

Burnfall !!!

That was a wonderful piece of fiction!

Of course I know its loosely based on the truth, especially the part when you get downed easily and die. But the rest was superb. The brave soldier not putting up a fight to prove a point, loved that part. And the self-effacing Thief damsel that saves you and agrees with your code and suggested you should delete your Ranger, that part brought a tear to my eye. Overall a wonderful piece of tragic-fiction; I mean it was outstanding, really.

Bravo sir !

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Valid post Op.

So there..

Redeem The Thief Class!!

once and for all!

Burnfall !!!

That was a wonderful piece of fiction!

Of course I know its loosely based on the truth, especially the part when you get downed easily and die.

HAHAHAHA This has made my day.
thank you sir

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Because they aren’t actually dead, they’re downed. And you have no clue where they are downed, or even if they are. Don’t forget that going down is a total condition-wipe, so you can’t even hope for those bleeds to buy time to find them.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Came for the Burnfall post, wasn’t disappointed.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Because they aren’t actually dead, they’re downed. And you have no clue where they are downed, or even if they are. Don’t forget that going down is a total condition-wipe, so you can’t even hope for those bleeds to buy time to find them.

This is happening with increasing frequency as of late. The Thief will be low on health and will go down in a place that is impossible for you to know. They could be in front of you, they could be behind you, you could have just stepped on them.

Twice today I’ve had situations where I’m fairly sure I have downed the Thief but considering time in money in PvP I can’t just spend a good 10+ seconds running around spamming attacks hoping I hit them. No other class has such an easy out for getting downed. If it was a rare occurrence it wouldn’t be terrible but if I’m seeing it multiple times in 5 games there’s a problem.

You should be revealed when you are downed. In fact, there are many problems with the downed state mechanic right now. Being able to stomp while stealthed means that half of the classes can do NOTHING because the downed skill requires a target. Same with any sort of blind field. Classes that have downed abilities that either stealth, teleport, or allow them to move are not affected and can still delay the stomp. Meanwhile, classes that lack that are helpless.

Using Stability to stomp is fine, it is possible for a well organized team to strip the Stability and interrupt the stomp. Where things get fuzzy is when vulnerabilities are involved. While they do generally have a long CD there is pretty much no way to counterplay them outside of stealthing the downed player or reviving them before the stomp finishes.

Either the downed states of half the classes need to be improved so they aren’t so easily countered, or the classes with the more useful downed states need to be brought down. Personally, I would rather every class has a unblockable/unblindable AoE interrupt. Like the Guardian has a knockback, Warrior could have a knockdown (delays for the same amount as the push), Ele could have something that depends on the element they are attuned to, Mesmer could Daze, Thief could petrify like Baski Venom. Basically, they would all do the same thing but in different ways. I think it sounds more fair to make stomping while Invulnerable impossible because like I said there’s no counterplay. The only way to stomp would be by using stability, or just canceling the stomp and evading. To compensate the time it takes teammates to revive would have to be increased.

I know this will probably never happen, but right now the downed state is a cool but imperfect system. The battle isn’t over until the stomp so it seems imbalanced for some classes to have an easier time than others.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I freaking live for Burnfall’s posts , like this one could’ve been a love story I actually would’ve read. Idcrievrytiem

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Stomping someone is a attack it should not be allowed in stealth,Anet need to fix this bug …

Remove stealth downing!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

(edited by Erebos.6741)