Warrior Greatsword Needs Buff

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

Why is it that people feel warriors are so kitten OP. Warrior greatsword was fine before the condition meta..

First, quickness got nerfed. This nerfed all heavy crit/burst builds not just warrior.

Then Warrior Greatsword was nerfed on top of that due to the changes in the first tree, and the move from Empowered trait.

I don’t want any trolls in this thread but I would welcome any honest discussion regarding Warriors. This is in terms of PVP (WvW or Arena). I actually think that despite popular opionion, the warrior skills are actually pretty good. The damage on the other hand is another story.

Warrior 1 needs buff.
Warrior F1 Burst needs to be a freakin burst ability.. how in the hell does the burst ability hit for about the same as Warrior 1 skill.. which is terrible.

I want your opinions and your aguements, if warrior greatsword should be buffed or why not.

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I’d be all for making GS more worth using in combat, at the cost of reducing its mobility.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GhostDonkeys.4032

GhostDonkeys.4032

I’d be all for making GS more worth using in combat, at the cost of reducing its mobility.

I mean maybe this but..

I don’t see why it should be buffed with its mobility being so good.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The GS’s F1 is useless. Otherwise, it can do anything you want. Do you want to stand and deliver good cleave? Yep. Do you want mobility? Yep. Do you want evasion frames? Yep. Do you want the chance at ranged cripple? Yep. I understand Blade Trail can be unpredictable when fighting an opponent who knows to run perpendicular to the direction you’re facing, but the GS can basically do all of the aggressive-style things you want already.

So no. GS doesn’t need a buff. I used it for 6+ months when Warriors were considered trash. The F1 could probably be re-designed, but even if it isn’t, that just means that you can save your adrenaline for your other weapon set and not worry at all about “missing out”. It’s a phenomenal weapon. I love it, and I miss it since I main a Necro but have 2H swords close to my heart (I own one, it hangs on my wall). I think it’s well-designed, and would be very surprised if they buffed it in any way.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

This is a Warrior we are talking about… warriors need mobility. Otherwise they could just be kited into oblivion. That was part of the class design. Greatsword warriors have nothing but mobility, but mobility counts for exactly what in pvp? Sword + warhorn is the most mobile spec warriors have, except that they can kitten near immune to conditions. So at the cost of damage they have much better sustain.

But why should a Greatsword warrior be forced to use axe or hammer for damage. Greatsword has no sustain, horrible damage, at the cost of mobility thats part of the class design?

Greatsword received way to many nerfs, and no compensation before the condition meta.

Should thief or mesmer have their damaged nerfed to kitten as well?.. Mesmers have clones, stealth and mobility. How is a greatsword warrior supposed to compete?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

This is a Warrior we are talking about… warriors need mobility. Otherwise they could just be kited into oblivion. That was part of the class design. Greatsword warriors have nothing but mobility, but mobility counts for exactly what in pvp? Sword + warhorn is the most mobile spec warriors have, except that they can kitten near immune to conditions. So at the cost of damage they have much better sustain.

But why should a Greatsword warrior be forced to use axe or hammer for damage. Greatsword has no sustain, horrible damage, at the cost of mobility thats part of the class design?

Greatsword received way to many nerfs, and no compensation before the condition meta.

Should thief or mesmer have their damaged nerfed to kitten as well?.. Mesmers have clones, stealth and mobility. How is a greatsword warrior supposed to compete?

Everyone’s favorite phrase:
L2Pn00b
But seriously, it’s a utility weapon in PvP, not a damage one. It’s got tons of mobility, an evade, a ranged cripple and a zoning tool (that’s all hundred blades is good for in pvp). Use it for what it’s great at, don’t try to make it better at things you have other weapons for. It certainly doesn’t need any buffs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Swap Rush and Arcing Slice. Rework Rush into a long-range ground targeted mobility leap with a pbaoe fire field at the end, that consumes adrenaline. Make Arcing Slice a blast finisher. There, GS fixed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

I think you failed to realize the great sword is a cleaving weapon and not really meant to do 1v1 with it, its more along the lines of group combat. should only be using it if you can hit multiple targets and not to try to burst down one target.

also if you think the 1 on warrior GS is bad, play ranger where the 1 on GS does less damage than a picked up warrior banner skill 1.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

GS is a supreme PvE weapon based on it’s very high per-attack damage and per-time damage.

It does bring those same strengths + very good mobility in WvW, so what is the problem exactly? Yes, you need someone else to hold the target in place. Granted. So? Team up, make someone else do that, burn them down.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I mean maybe this but..

I don’t see why it should be buffed with its mobility being so good.

Also burst damage, “if well placed and timed” will almost down any other classes and instantly down most light gear zerkers, i cant find any problem with warrior greatsword.

Let me give you an example: when playing my high hp and armor Guard, when i find myself rooted a well placed 100b heat up 70-80% of my health with protection boon on, so it means its burst its fully working with excelent mobility.

I would dare to say 2h sword have to much damage for its mobility, but i imagine ferocity will balance more this weapon in terms of damage vs mobility reward.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Do you ever heard about weapon swap? GS: go closeer, burst, evaid away while hit an extra 5k, than change to other set. Burst and block/evaid again and repeat.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Make 100b as F1 skill like the 100b in gw1 make every attack double damage while using GS and make #2 skill Gash inflict 5 stacks of vulnerability for 10 seconds and deal 1.5k damage (insert animation here)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

One of my guildmates complained to me about his warrior recently. He said that if he wants to work get any PvE kills with any weapon (for the Weapon Master achievements), he frequently has to abort his Hundred Blades mid-animation, in order to make the killing blow with his other weapon.

Basically, warrior greatsword skills are arguably overpowered, at least in PvE against monsters that can’t move and attack at the same time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I think right now we should be focusing on how to nerf the warrior.
GS is certainly not underpowered.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Warriors are horrendously overpowered, but that doesn’t mean they also don’t have room for improvement.

I say either make 100b or Rush the burst skill for the weapon.

Doing this has the advantage of both nerfing the class and buffing the weapon.

Moving Rush (300/600/900 range) to burst would remove some of the mobility the class has which is absolutely needed as there’s no excuse for the Warrior to be the fastest class in the game. The reduced range would be needed due to the lower cooldown of a burst skill vs. Rush.

Moving 100b to burst would remove some of the viability of stunning the target, swapping to GS, and 100b.

On the flip side, these skills could be made much more valuable to the class as a whole if made into burst skills.

100b could do more damage or allow the Warrior to move at 50% speed while using it. Rush could do high damage to everyone it passes through and have a 100% chance to critical the target that’s selected.

Those are just examples, but you get the idea. It would go a long way in bringing the Warrior class down in overall power while still having the desired effect of making the weapon more interesting to use.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

If you’re interested a few days ago I posted a suggestion for a rework of Arcing Slice here.

Besides the weak burst skill, the weapon is fine. The whole point of 100b is that you use it in combination with other weapons. Bladetrail is good if you set it up correctly and Whirlwind is an evade with good damage. Recently I’ve noticed that even Rush has been landing more and hits for around 4k with Berserker gear. I don’t want the mobility touched it is not hard to catch a Warrior with just a GS. Only GS+Sword has near uncatchable mobility but sacrifices a helluva lot of attack power and utility in the process. In WvW the Norn racial elites and Ele’s FGS are much faster. While you can do it more frequently with War GS if you have to run from fights that frequently then you’re probably not contributing much.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

It’s all irrelevant anyway the building momentum nerf will make zerker unviable.

There’s no point discussing this IMO

Phaatonn, London UK

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

It’s all irrelevant anyway the building momentum nerf will make zerker unviable.

There’s no point discussing this IMO

I honestly don’t think it’s going to hit THAT hard. I’ve been having a surprisingly good time with just pure zerk 30/25/0/0/15 GS + Axe. It has much more sustain now just from Zerker Stance and a healing skill that isn’t terrible. It even works in PvP and if traited right you’ll have around 23k HP. Take a shield with your axe and you should have enough to jump in, burst someone down, and get out. It’s a shame we’re losing something that pretty much NO ONE was complaining about and most didn’t even know it was bugged but I doubt it’s going to kill zerk.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

GS is a supreme PvE weapon based on it’s very high per-attack damage and per-time damage.

It does bring those same strengths + very good mobility in WvW, so what is the problem exactly? Yes, you need someone else to hold the target in place. Granted. So? Team up, make someone else do that, burn them down.

no, GS is only a mediocre weapon in PVE. the only reasons to use it in good parties are for mobility (OOC), evades and WWA into wall. pure axe does more for damage.

it’s really overrated, at least in PVE. I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to some buffs since the highest DPS warrior “rotation” is 111111 with some 2/4/5 in axe/mace. actually having a rotation would be nice.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Depends on the situation. With sub par might and vuln, camping gs is far superior to using axe mace.

I dont really feel gs needs a buff. Arcing slice could do with a rework though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I wouldn’t be against this, as long as its done in increments and not full blown kitty litter (like HS was before and after).

The few I see using Gs on warrior still are new (I can tell because they don’t turn in combat real well) and it doesn’t even do much damage because you can just hop on out of it. Even my zerker thief I only got hit for maybe 7k by 100b and I was there for the majority of the channel. Imho, 100b and F1 are what makes this weapon useless in a pvp environment. The mobility is just for a good engagement and chasing if used right.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I don’t mind them being able to move INTO combat. It’s being able to get AWAY from combat so easily that’s the problem.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Why is it that people feel warriors are so kitten OP.

Because they are.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Rush is garbage. It should never be made the “burst” skill. 100b would make more sense but I feel that the reason is since 100b is a high damage skill, the F1 supplements it. Does nobody realize that GS F1 gives you fury?

15 sec of fury (with full adrenaline) on a 10 sec recharge (base) = perma fury considering how fast you can build adrenaline especially with a GS.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

Rush is garbage. It should never be made the “burst” skill. 100b would make more sense but I feel that the reason is since 100b is a high damage skill, the F1 supplements it. Does nobody realize that GS F1 gives you fury?

15 sec of fury (with full adrenaline) on a 10 sec recharge (base) = perma fury considering how fast you can build adrenaline especially with a GS.

In PvP, using a bar of Adrenaline simply for Fury, instead of a 4+ second immob, or AoE stun, or AoE damage/guaranteed condi cleanse, or huge burst damage, just seems like a waste. The only reason I can see using it is to try to do a quick cleanse of condis while your GS is out, but even then.

In PvE, I think you can maintain perma-Fury easily without using it, leaving Adren for other uses (such as doing nothing for the damage gains, or blowing it on a high-damage ability).

It just seems so out of place considering the other options.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The only thing that needs to be changed on the GS is the F1 ability, and perhaps fix Rush so it actually is more reliable.

Other than that the weapon is fine.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

If GS needed a buff I wouldn’t see that many in WvW.

Heiann – NSP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I have to laugh at this. When guardians complain we can’t stay on a target we are told to suck it up. But warriors who have no trouble due to large amounts of charges and cripples, on most of their weapons, and stuns as well are still complaining about be kited?

All is vain

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

I have to laugh at this. When guardians complain we can’t stay on a target we are told to suck it up. But warriors who have no trouble due to large amounts of charges and cripples, on most of their weapons, and stuns as well are still complaining about be kited?

All is vain

That doesnt really bring much to discuss with this topic. Try to post responses in regards to the issues being discussed. We are not here to discuss guardians issues in this thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Although the GS’s burst is less than spectacular, I’m not sure many (if any) warriors use it. The amount of adrenaline, with certain traits not only allows your healing to be increased, but also your damage. That said, if you would be willing to give my necro the cleave ability of the GS (on ANY of our weapons) or any of it’s mobility, I would be more than happy to see GS get buffed.

in Profession Balance

Talyn.3295

All is vain

That doesnt really bring much to discuss with this topic. Try to post responses in regards to the issues being discussed. We are not here to discuss guardians issues in this thread.

I think my post said as much as it needed too. You complain that you will be kited. However regardless of if you feel this way or not you do not realize how silly you sound when you say it. You put it out that as a melee class you would be kited if you didn’t have great mobility. The only thing I see greatsword warriors use it for is to turn and run away.

I also mentioned that Warriors have a tremendous amount of CC abilities, both Hard and soft. It doesn’t mean they will have access to everyone of these on every weapon. That would be bad class design.

You mention warriors and melee and forget there is another melee job in this game. And that it has far less in the way of mobility or crowd control. My points are valid.

(edited by Talyn.3295)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Forget Greatsword man, they are nerfing building momentum too, they just want us to use Hammer, and CC people brainlessly to death.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

When they buff a lot of other weapons on all the professions (including warrior), then maybe they should consider buffing greatsword. As it is now a weapon with this much utility, and usage shouldn’t be buffed when there are many weapons that are rarely used. For instance, I never see mace main-hand warriors, so why should they buff greatsword before mace? If arenanet wants to promote build diversity as they say they should buff the weapons that are never used first, and then maybe think about the ones seen everywhere.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Apparition.1576

All is vain

I think my post said as much as it needed too. You complain that you will be kited. However regardless of if you feel this way or not you do not realize how silly you sound when you say it. You put it out that as a melee class you would be kited if you didn’t have great mobility. The only thing I see greatsword warriors use it for is to turn and run away.

I also mentioned that Warriors have a tremendous amount of CC abilities, both Hard and soft. It doesn’t mean they will have access to everyone of these on every weapon. That would be bad class design.

You mention warriors and melee and forget there is another melee job in this game. And that it has far less in the way of mobility or crowd control. My points are valid.

What kind of sense would that make.. Necromancers.. masters of cleave and conditions? Stay on topic and stop trolling my thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The only GS skill that needs a buff IMO is the burst. It is useless.

Rush needs a fix. You don’t hit a moving target with a brain, ever.

Bladetrail needs an increase in projectile speed.

Done.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Heh, do you guys remember all those threads early on saying that they had to allow you to move during hundred blades or the greatsword would simply disappear from all forms of competitive play?

Yeah.

in Profession Balance

Cogbyrn.7283

Heh, do you guys remember all those threads early on saying that they had to allow you to move during hundred blades or the greatsword would simply disappear from all forms of competitive play?

Yeah.

Loved those threads. Hammer was a trashcan weapon back then too, now apparently it’s OP.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

All is vain

What kind of sense would that make.. Necromancers.. masters of cleave and conditions? Stay on topic and stop trolling my thread.

Careful now, you don’t wanna upset him, he’s gonna spout WvW nonsense :’)

Greatsword is fine. So is guardian.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Great Sword SKills need changes.
Thats how I’d liek to see them together with the Burst Skil lworking:

Burst Skill: Raging Upslicer
You rush forward with a range of 600, tackling all foes in a line of sight away that stand in your way and at the end you perform a whirling uppercut attack out of a swift 360° turning, that launches a foe away, giving you also fury.

1) Greatsword Swing/ Slice/ Brutal Strike
Should get changed in its mechanic to.

Wide Swing > Brutal Slice > Knee Cutter
Hits All Targets > Stronger Hit/ Causes Vulnerability > Hits all Targets/Causes Torment

2) Hundred Blades > Animation Time reduced from 3 1/2 s to 2 1/2s, Deals now 6 instead of 8 Hits max, Damage per Hit slightly increased. Cooldown increased to 10s

3) Whirlwind Slice > Cooldown increased from 10s to 12s
Added effect, that it reflects now projectiles, while the Skill animation is performed.

4) Bladetrail
Animation changed from a horizontal whirling throw to a vertical rotatign throw.
Hits now as a linear skill all targets in line multiple times, removed cripple.
Deals now Vulnerability and Bleeding Stacks per Hit. Rotation Animation will be faster now and the projectile will be thrown a bit faster now.

5) Rush gets compeltely replaced with a new Skill
Purgatory Slash
A powerful strike into the ground, that causes the ground to erupt cause of a fiery shockwave. When being hit by that eruptive shockwave, it will cause Weakness and Burning, that will be longer lasting, so nearer the target stood to you.
Deals double as much damage as normal to non player characters, like Minions, Pets , Phantasms, Turrets or Elementals and causes instead of Weakness the condition Torment to those targets.
—-

So what have I done here with my suggestions?

1) Reduced the Mobility of GS, made the Burst Skill basically a better Rush Skill, with decreased ranged, but able to deal Damage, while keeping also the original self buff effect.

2) Filled the gap from the removal of Rush with a new Counter Skill Skill, that will spice Warriors a bit up against all those Builds of other Classes, that use NPC Units to let them fight for them mainly, while being against players weaker. A Skill, that should be designed to be of the spirit of balthazar basically

3) Renamed a few Skills slightly to let them sound better

4) Improved the Auto Attack with an added Effect of Torment, so that GS becomes also a bit more interesting for Condition Builds and not only as a pure Power Build Weapon

5) Improved the Whirlwind with a Projectile Reflect Effect for the increase of the Cooldown Time to 12s

6) Made Hundred Blades basically a faster skill for a slightly increased Cooldown.
Hundred Blades with the 20% GS Cooldown Decrease with its 8s basic cooldown is just too op. 10s with the 20% trait is balanced. Therefore, that it can’t be used so fast anymore, the burst damage will be more on the point in a shorter time with a few lesser hits.

7) Made Bladetrail a better damage skill thats able to deal now damage to more targets with more hits, therefore that it doesn’t cripple anymore.

With these changes I’d like GS Warriors alot more in both cases.. playing as them as like also fightign against them when playing an other class, like Thief as the Mobility of Warriors would be reduced, making Thiefs again the fastest class, what they should be due to the quick dash having only half the range and having some seconds to wait longe,r until Whirlwind can be used again after its initial use while Bladetrail wouldn’t be able to cripple foes from wide afar to stop foes from chasing foes efficiently without sacrificing essentical self heal skills for that.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

GS is fine, it only needs a better Burst skill. A good suggestion on how make it great is here .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I see a lot of suggestions that aim to make one of the existing GS skills the F1 skill.
That’s not a good idea in my opinion. Why?

100B – which is most commonly suggested as the primary burst F1 contender is simply a good skill where it is. It works for what it’s meant to work and with a bit of patience and good plays it can work in PvP as well.

The real issues that have to be changed are :

F1 skill – no – we don’t need to take one of the existing skills and replace the current F1 skill with them. That would NERF the weapon not improve it. It would take a reasonably useful skill off your bar and put it on your F1 slot ( a nerf since it now has an adren requirement) and make one of your 5 skills next to useless with the current F1 in its place.

We need a new F1 skill – redesigned from the ground up to deliver some form of good burst or some CC onto a target.

Rush – a must have fix for the GS is the rush fix. This skill needs to be fixed so that it actually HITS. I wouldn’t mind it not hitting 10% of times but I feel it ONLY hits 10% of times.

Apart from that GS is a pretty solid weapon – i don’t really think other aspects could be improved.
Maybe more skill 1 damage but I think that would be overkill.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The damage per skill on the warrior great sword is entirely to much damage to justify any kind of buff. Not to mention the low cool down movement skill + cripples.

You have to give up a few things to even come close to logical justification of a buff of any kind.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

F1 need a rework at least think literally no warrior ever use it …

in Profession Balance

Talyn.3295

All is vain

Believe me if I wanted to troll this thread I could. Nothing exist in a vacuum when it comes to balance. I realize that so far warriors have gotten so many buffs its almost like some players take for granted they should get more with no draw backs. That isn’t balance at all.

Do I need to use simple warrior terms for this to sink in. Ok.. here you go

Warriors already have great ways to stay on their target. They can cripple with many weapons and they have several charge attacks both on their weapons and through utility. So if you can’t stick to your target that is a L2P issue.

Right now Greatsword has great mobility. Its attack is decent. Your complaint is that you can’t just camp it, and that more attack power comes from other weapons like ax? That is the trade off. You can’t have everything on one weapon or no one would ever use another weapon.

If you want Greatsword to have more attack power it has to lose some mobility. That is the trade off.

Greatsword is fine. So is guardian.

Hey there buddy, I missed you so. Glad to see you remember me <3

(edited by Talyn.3295)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Guys… Did you ever used GS? I made my first 30k+ dmg in cof (thats not a lvl80 area) with a not full zerker warrior with GS. Only the aa is kitten, but just because every other skills are pwning!
Change weapon and rotate skills. Gs/axe+mace in dungeons are the basic. 30/25/0/0/15 + full zerk and magic happens.
In wvw we not realy use gs because it dont have team support, but i tryed it in the last few nights and it was fun. Rusha+whirl and i put the half zerg in combat, changed to hammer #4 +hammerstun and win

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I agree 100%. It used to be a fantastic weapon, now its of limited use in WvW, mainly for the mobility and that’s it!

No one uses it in spvp and never has because its useless.

In PvE all the clever warriors have moved to different weapons which do far more damage.

Honestly, I think the only reason you see warriors with greatsword now are those with legendarys and just showing them off!

Really, it needs buffing, with the view to making it effective in sPvP mainly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

GS buff is ok as long healing signet gets a decent nerf

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Overall gs doesnt need a buff. The f1 needs changing though. If it had a shorter cast time without a root then it would be ok for getting fury.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I agree 100%. It used to be a fantastic weapon, now its of limited use in WvW, mainly for the mobility and that’s it!

So what changed that broke it so that it needs a buff. Because logic+high damage+high mobility= needs nerf.

All they ever did to change it really was to change it to movement cancels 100b.

BTW I love when posters claim no one ever uses something when everyone sees it in use al over the place.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

despite the all nerfs, GS is almost still fine .

if there is a buff coming, then please buff 100b.

100b is already a hard skill to setup, but nowadays there is little incentive to even bother to setup it due to its weak damage.

i mean come on, Axe auto attack does more damage than 100b and you don’t need to root yourself for it.