Warrior's Mobility as heavy armor class....

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Warrior’s Mobility should get nerfed..

seriously why does heavy armor class can outrun every class while having everything?

I wouldnt complain about warrior having high hp/high tough and high power but they have some crazy burst mobility that other classess hardly chase down..

such unfair..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Without GS mobility is decent, GS with the trait is what makes them have ridiculous mobility because Rush and Whirling Attack.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nope. warrior’s optional mobility is fine and balanced.
further adjustments no necessary.

seriously why does heavy armor class can outrun every class while having everything?

incorrect. they can only outrun every other professions provided if they have equipped:
- sword as main weapon: savage leap (600 forward leap)
- great sword: whirlwind attack (450 forward whirl) and rush (1200 forward run)
- both of the above
- hammer: earthshaker (600 ground targeted aoe leap, requires level 1 adrenaline)

all of the above movement skills can be easily stopped with easily applied movement impairing conditions such as:
- crippled
- chilled
- immobilize

various control effects will stop the warrior’s weapon movement skills:
- fear
- knock back
- pull
- knock down
- daze
- stun
- petrified

your statement about “warriors having everything” is false and incorrect, because warriors equipping the following weapons do not have good movement skills:
- rifle
- long bow
- axe as main weapon (only 300 leap with eviscerate, requires adrenaline)
- mace as main weapon

please stop spreading false and incorrect information.

I wouldnt complain about warrior having high hp/high tough and high power but they have some crazy burst mobility that other classess hardly chase down..

incorrect. warriors only have decent movement skills if they equip themselves with the right weapons.

such unfair..

it is fair, please do not make such unfair statements about the warrior profession.

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/MidoriMarch8067

also, since you do not play enough team arena games to have your records show up in the leader board, it can be safely assumed that you only play in hotjoin or WvW.

for your information, profession skill balances are made for 5 vs 5 team arena conquest mode and not hotjoin, certainly not WvW.

in sPvP conquest mode, if the warrior escapes, the capture point is lost.

WvW is open world PvP and is never intended to be balanced to due many factors such as stats enhancing food, extremely large open world map, 3 different home worlds fighting each other, imbalanced number of players, etc.

WvW is never balanced, please deal with it, kindly get over it already.

hotjoin is very casual play, never balanced due to spectator mode and auto-balance constantly in action.

go back and play at least 100 games of team arena, as a warrior, and see for yourself how your warrior will be ripped apart by experienced team arena players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Warriors can have good escaping mobility if they choose to prioritize that.

However, most Warrior weapons are very lacking in mobility. Axe MH without a Warhorn, Mace MH without a Warhorn, Hammer, Rifle, Longbow. That leaves you with 8 combinations that have some kind of mobility. Out of those 8, 2 only have “mobility” in the sense of having access to permanent Swiftness. Out of the last 6, 4 have just 4 mobility skill in the form of Savage Leap.

Are you seriously complaining about two weapon sets on a Warrior having good mobility when there’s 11 that have none whatsoever?

It really puzzles me why these people seem to think that a character being able to run away from them instead of dying is somehow a bad thing. Them running away is basically them admitting that they lost to you. Heck, running away in WvW makes plenty of sense because if you get stomped it can mean a very long trip to get back to where you were.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

It seems reasonable for rush to receive the same treatment as RTL.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nope. not reasonable at all.
not even close.

Rush
- runs 1200 forward physically
- runs to target within 1200 range
- slowed by crippled, chilled
- stopped by immobilize and various control effects

Ride the Lightning
- 2 seconds of ride the lightning transform effect
- move 600 units per second
- effect only ends if knocked down / burst down or reached target early

rush can be very easily countered while ride the lightning is not.

in Profession Balance

Khalic.3561

nope. not reasonable at all.
not even close.

Rush
- runs 1200 forward physically
- runs to target within 1200 range
- slowed by crippled, chilled
- stopped by immobilize and various control effects

Ride the Lightning
- 2 seconds of ride the lightning transform effect
- move 600 units per second
- effect only ends if knocked down / burst down or reached target early

rush can be very easily countered while ride the lightning is not.

Rush is effected by swiftness, meaning that it can travel further than 1200. Warriors also have considerable access to passive reduction to soft CC.

RTL is stopped by immoblize, in addition to hard CC, in which case it becomes a 2s self stun. Aside from cripple and chill, during the animation the ele has to suffer any negative effects already applied to them with no access to their skills or any way to cancel the ability. Something no warrior has to deal with for the duration of rush. The “transform” aspect of the skill is a negative is most situations, rather than a positive.

/s

What’s the issue? Surely if warriors are using the skill to engage targets and not to flee then there will be no problems what so ever! It will be the same as before!

/s

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ride_the_Lightning
are you sure that ride the lightning is stopped by immobilize?
i do not know as i do not use elementalist often.

“The effect ends early if you are knocked down, die, enter underwater mode, or reach your target.

the wiki only states that the effect ends early if knocked down or dead. or enter water or hits target.

based on the wiki, ride the lightning can be activated while in the air.
rush can only be activated when the warrior is on the ground.

and ride the lightning is often over before i can even land a pin down on them.

yes, it is an issue for me because it is a totally unjustified unreasonable adjustment to an already weak weapon skill.

furthermore, these 2 skills are vastly different from one another.

rush can hardly hit anything while ride the lightning easily hits something due to its aoe nature.

in Profession Balance

Khalic.3561

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ride_the_Lightning
are you sure that ride the lightning is stopped by immobilize?
i do not know as i do not use elementalist often.

“The effect ends early if you are knocked down, die, enter underwater mode, or reach your target.

the wiki only states that the effect ends early if knocked down or dead. or enter water or hits target.

based on the wiki, ride the lightning can be activated while in the air.
rush can only be activated when the warrior is on the ground.

and ride the lightning is often over before i can even land a pin down on them.

yes, it is an issue for me because it is a totally unjustified unreasonable adjustment to an already weak weapon skill.

furthermore, these 2 skills are vastly different from one another.

rush can hardly hit anything while ride the lightning easily hits something due to its aoe nature.

If you are immobilized before or during the animation it will stop you, yes. I guarantee it.

Yes, it can be activated in the air. It has a rather steep arc if you do this now, not as much horizontal movement as it originally had.

There is an issue with its AoE nature. If you do not hit your actual target, or have no target, it won’t hit anything. If they move beyond your reach during those two seconds, or block/evade/invuln/miss the attack, no damage is done to any targets in the vicinity and the skill goes on double CD. It still suffers from many of the pathing issues of similar skills, so trying to hit a target toward the end of its range is often pointless, especially if they are moving away from you. Most players wait until they are within a 900-1000 range before hitting it.

EDIT: The point is that both skills were frequently used to both engage and disengage by classes/builds that were deemed highly survivable. It was then decided that RTL should be primarily used just to engage, leaving the ele committed to combat for a significant period of time. Rush maintains the ability to engage and disengage in quick succession with relatively little commitment.

I’m not say that it’s necessarily over the top. But is it justified by the same logic that they used to nerf RTL? Should a highly survivable class be able to enter and leave combat at their leisure?

(edited by Khalic.3561)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I crit hit a necro tonight for 3.8K. rangers and thieves I could crit for 9K..heavies for 6K.

Light armor professions shouldn’t be allowed to stack such toughness.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I agree with OP.

Also, cloth armor should give 0 armor so I can one-shot everything.

And rifle should have ammo.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Agreed. If we’re going to nerf things based on arbitrary names let’s have cloth armor wearing targets die in 1 shot from basically anything.

Greatsword hits? should be an instsakill.
Rifle shots? Instakill.

And so on.

Let’s have medium armor targets take 2 maybe 3 hits.

Fair and balanced right?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

If someone out runs you then you dont need to bother. If they run they pretty much have admitted to losing and running in defeat.

Why do these threads exist. I mean unless you are running away constantly from every fight and the warriors catch up to you and do you dirty well that just means you should improve on actually fighting instead of running.

Those mobility warriors with GS/s/h usually don’t do any damage or pose a serious threat unless you surprise afk. I’ve never really cared about mobility.

If someone runs off then let em run go do something else and if you run and get killed you can go work on the actual fight. There is no real reason for these threads to exist unless you’re a pve mob that’s getting farmed by warriors or someone who plays tpvp. In tpvp mobility will only take you so far.

in Profession Balance

Khalic.3561

If someone out runs you then you dont need to bother. If they run they pretty much have admitted to losing and running in defeat.

You don’t seem to understand why the ability to disengage is important.

No, they haven’t been defeated. Being able to get beyond your reach allows them to reset a fight at their leisure. During the time that you can’t hit them, healing signet is ticking away and whatever CDs they may have burned are coming back up. Yes, your CDs are doing the same. The main strength here is the ability to regen quickly while out of reach. It’s the same reason that many people have issues with thieves running heavy stealth and shadow’s rejuvenation.

People complain because there is a very small window of time during which these sort of builds are truly committed to an engagement. And if any mistakes are made, they have ample opportunity to simply slip away and try again. Hopefully you can see how that could make even something like GS and Sword/Warhorn, no serious threat, potentially problematic.

Again, I’m not necessarily saying that this is completely broken, or that’s it’s rush or healing signet in particular. But it’s still worth questioning whether or not you want to force players to commit to fights or not. Especially since that decision has been made in the past.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

The thing is, Warrior’s have high survivability, high hp, high damage, high passive regeneration (This is huge because other classes have to attack and STILL get much less healing than this) high mobility, high support (If they choose). Something has to go. Warrior is way too forgiving. I’ve played warrior in pvp. I main a thief and at times I can’t even catch up to warrior if I use all my teleports.

Warriors are already much too forgiving. My suggestion is to bring rush’s range down to 900 and maybe increase its damage, maybe make it like RTL.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

What is your reasoning behind your statement?

This is not the situation in which it becomes an issue. When a player tries to cut a warrior off from getting to a capture point that is unattended or in order to aid a team mate, and they abandon the fight when cut off using their OP mobility, then it is a balance issue.

As well, when your making all of your statements about other professions based on the wiki and not of personal experience, it makes it very clear that you are not familiar with the subject matter, yet you expect your statements to hold weight anyway.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

The developer disagree with you there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD9Tvfk1pjk&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA
1:12 ish for the exact “little too much mobility now”

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

The developer disagree with you there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD9Tvfk1pjk&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA
1:12 ish for the exact “little too much mobility now”

This is an example of taking things out of context. The devs are saying players think warrior have too much mobility.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

What is your reasoning behind your statement?

This is not the situation in which it becomes an issue. When a player tries to cut a warrior off from getting to a capture point that is unattended or in order to aid a team mate, and they abandon the fight when cut off using their OP mobility, then it is a balance issue.

As well, when your making all of your statements about other professions based on the wiki and not of personal experience, it makes it very clear that you are not familiar with the subject matter, yet you expect your statements to hold weight anyway.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Rifle shots? Instakill.

snip…

Just going to go ahead and leave this image here, rifle can already instakill.

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

i’ll be fine with rush getting the same treatment as RTL. as long as they fix the kittening bugs associated with rush.

50% of the time rush simply doesn’t hit anything.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Rifle shots? Instakill.

snip…

575 damage is hardly an instakill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s only really an issue in WvW and unfortunately there’s no such thing as class balance in that game mode. That makes me sad

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

all of the above movement skills can be easily stopped with easily applied movement impairing conditions such as:
- crippled
- chilled
- immobilize

Rofl. Stopping a mobility warrior with movement impairing conditions. That’s hilarious.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Warrior is perfectly fine and balanced. See current warrior concept art for details.

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

for your information, profession skill balances are made for 5 vs 5 team arena conquest mode and not hotjoin, certainly not WvW.

This should pop-up in big letters when you enter WvW. Or it could just say “Arenanet hates WvW”, but the truth would probably be too harsh.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

i’ll be fine with rush getting the same treatment as RTL.

as long as they fix the kittening bugs associated with rush.

50% of the time rush simply doesn’t hit anything.

That is the same treatment as RTL. It doesn’t hit anything just as often as rush doesn’t. Yet RTL gets punished for it right now, and rush does not.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

such unfair..

Sorry if this has been said.. but, the assumption that ‘heavy armor’ has any relationship with top land speed is just silly.

Also, greatsword Warriors do not ‘have it all’. They pay a hefty price for equipping that mobility. Considering 3 popular Warrior weapons across all game modes, Longbow, Hammer, and Greatsword, it’s like this:

PICK TWO: A.) Your condition removal/damage, or B.) Your control, or C.) Your mobility.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

So we give up on complaining on Thief’s mobility?

The truth is Thief has the most mobility by far. The spam-able dagger 2 alone out run warriors except maybe GS + SW warriors. Your average GS warrior is more mobile than some other classes, but they are quiet kite-able. And your SW warrior is only about average. Everything else basically has no mobility.

Heavy armor or not makes no difference. Or should I be complain about how could people shoot fire and lighting out of their hands? Or people create minions out of thin air?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

^thieves should be fast right? Mobile i mean. How can you steal if youre slow? Useless comparison bro. Warriors be mad.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

Ok then why shouldn’t warrior be faster than other classes? Warrior is by default athletic and used to the heavy armor.

I bet the army guys can out run me with all their gears on even if I just wear cloth and carry nothing.

And this is only if you argue in terms of reality.

In terms of game balance:

Why can’t warrior run faster if the opponent can shoot fireballs out of their hands?

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

My military service experience disagrees with you completely. But I was Air force Para rescue/Combat Control and not in the Army. Perhaps you should watch “Lone Survivor”. Armor/Gear compared to cloth wearer is actually a oft mentioned factor in that movie in a very relevant fashion, compared to how you mention it.

But do you really feel making a real world comparison of the military then turn around and go completely fictional to the fireball comment does much for your argument? Should a heavy armor wearer(in this context it seems to me to be a suit of metal armor) should outrun an engineer wearing rocket boots, a mesmer who can teleport, a ele that can turn to lightening, or a thief that can teleport with its arrow?

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

My military service experience disagrees with you completely. But I was Air force Para rescue/Combat Control and not in the Army. Perhaps you should watch “Lone Survivor”. Armor/Gear compared to cloth wearer is actually a oft mentioned factor in that movie in a very relevant fashion, compared to how you mention it.

But do you really feel making a real world comparison of the military then turn around and go completely fictional to the fireball comment does much for your argument? Should a heavy armor wearer(in this context it seems to me to be a suit of metal armor) should outrun an engineer wearing rocket boots, a mesmer who can teleport, a ele that can turn to lightening, or a thief that can teleport with its arrow?

What exactly are you disagreeing on. My statement is: “a army guy can out run me”. How well do you know me to disagree on that? Sure an athletic guy wears nothing can out run an athletic guys that wears a lot, but what about an non-athletic guy? Are you assuming the mages, and the mesmers are athletic enough to out run a very athletic guy wearing a lot?

And what kind of argument are you trying to make? I did mention balance wise right? A primarily melee character needs to be able to out run a primarily ranged character. Its not that hard to figure out.

Also you are assuming that engineer wearing rocket boots, a mesmer who can teleport, and ele that can turn to lightening make sense. Fictional is by default not real. You can argue however you want. I can just as easy to say a rocket boot gets over heated with prolong use thus requires cooling. or teleportation requires huge amount of strain on ones psyche that only limit distance or frequency can be used….. with these limitation its not hard to argue that warrior can run faster as he is just stronger than the rest.

in Profession Balance

MidoriMarch.8067

I cant believe there are people who are actually saying warriors are balanced..

my warrior has
-24k hp
-2.9k armor
-2.3k power
-44% crit chance
-crazy mobility
-many -condi durations along with condi clears
-some crazy cc’s with variety weapon choices
-8 second condi immune / 4 seconds invincible mode + more if traited
-free 25% movement speed without traveler or speed runes that makes me use more powerful runes without sacrificing any movement speed that are essential for wvw

and all those stats are without any kind of food buffs and all my items are full zerker.

still not op? show me which classess can have those stats + mobility and condi clears invicible and with FULL ZERKER GEAR????

I wouldnt cry about warrior having high hp/tough and attack but with crazy burst mobile too.. really? Warrior doesnt lack of anything they dont need sacrifice anything to have both offensive and defensive stats and they are easy to play as well lol still not op? at least warrior’s mobile should get nerfed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

So we give up on complaining on Thief’s mobility?

The truth is Thief has the most mobility by far. The spam-able dagger 2 alone out run warriors except maybe GS + SW warriors. Your average GS warrior is more mobile than some other classes, but they are quiet kite-able. And your SW warrior is only about average. Everything else basically has no mobility.

Heavy armor or not makes no difference. Or should I be complain about how could people shoot fire and lighting out of their hands? Or people create minions out of thin air?

To match a GS SW warrior’s mobility, a thief has to sacrifice much muchh more. we need to use runes or a utility to get the 25% movement speed, burn through all our initiative and utilities to catch up (literally 0 skills left even if we catch up) and will still eventually get left behind (main hand dagger thieves are only more mobile than GS SW warriors if we burn through our utilities & steal. after that a warrior is much faster). Thief mobility OP! nerf! i thought this was a warrior thread? x3

btw, a GS only warrior cannot outrun a mainhand dagger thief but they have more than enough mobility to get away (and tanky enough to take the few hits a thief might be able to throw at them while chasing)

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

my warrior has
-24k hp
-2.9k armor
-2.3k power
-44% crit chance
-crazy mobility
-free 25% movement speed without traveler or speed runes that makes me use more powerful runes without sacrificing any movement speed that are essential for wvw

and all those stats are without any kind of food buffs and all my items are full zerker.

still not op? show me which classess can have those stats + mobility and condi clears invicible and with FULL ZERKER GEAR????

I wouldnt cry about warrior having high hp/tough and attack but with crazy burst mobile too.. really? Warrior doesnt lack of anything they dont need sacrifice anything to have both offensive and defensive stats and they are easy to play as well lol still not op? at least warrior’s mobile should get nerfed

the game is balanced around sPvP 5 vs 5 conquest mode team arena, not PvE or WvW.

please go play at least 100 team arena games before you come back make any further comments.
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/MidoriMarch8067

PvE and WvW does not matter one bit regarding profession skill balances, only 5 vs 5 team arena conquest mode does.

all complains about warrior mobility is invalid because warrior is balanced in sPVP team arena, and that is all that matters, the rest PvE WvW do not matter.

please remember that well.

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

I play a thief as well, I know full well their mobility. And yes I can catch up to a warior with dagger 2, and yes you need to use up initiative, and possibly utility. But warrior need to used up cooldowns, and traits as well.

Also there are quiet a few ways for a theft to gain perma swiftness (centaur for example), and lets not forget “Fleet Shadow” and “expeditious dodger”.

All these are not even talking about stealth.

I hope you are not trying to argue warrior can get away better than thief.

But you guys have to remember, without active heal, the only option is for the warrior to run. This is probably why you see a warrior running so often. 5 sec into fight I got nuked with 1/3 health left, of course I will pop my stance and run, it is not like I can hit a button and heal back up.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I play a thief as well, I know full well their mobility. And yes I can catch up to a warior with dagger 2, and yes you need to use up initiative, and possibly utility. But warrior need to used up cooldowns, and traits as well.

Also there are quiet a few ways for a theft to gain perma swiftness (centaur for example), and lets not forget “Fleet Shadow” and “expeditious dodger”.

All these are not even talking about stealth.

I hope you are not trying to argue warrior can get away better than thief.

But you guys have to remember, without active heal, the only option is for the warrior to run. This is probably why you see a warrior running so often. 5 sec into fight I got nuked with 1/3 health left, of course I will pop my stance and run, it is not like I can hit a button and heal back up.

About the Thief escape capability, it boggles the mind that people are complaining about Warrior’s escape capability when Thief can do it so much better. When a Warrior disengages you see where they are going. You have the option to turn and go the other way and if they try to reengage it’s like the fight never happened. When a Thief wants to disengage they chain stealth. While stealthed they can heal up and prepare while other classes don’t have that luxury. A well-played Axe Warrior can beat most Thief builds but when it comes to the ability to disengage there’s no competition, Thief is better.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

You don’t seem to understand why the ability to disengage is important.

No, they haven’t been defeated. Being able to get beyond your reach allows them to reset a fight at their leisure. During the time that you can’t hit them, healing signet is ticking away and whatever CDs they may have burned are coming back up. Yes, your CDs are doing the same. The main strength here is the ability to regen quickly while out of reach. It’s the same reason that many people have issues with thieves running heavy stealth and shadow’s rejuvenation.

People complain because there is a very small window of time during which these sort of builds are truly committed to an engagement. And if any mistakes are made, they have ample opportunity to simply slip away and try again. Hopefully you can see how that could make even something like GS and Sword/Warhorn, no serious threat, potentially problematic.

Again, I’m not necessarily saying that this is completely broken, or that’s it’s rush or healing signet in particular. But it’s still worth questioning whether or not you want to force players to commit to fights or not. Especially since that decision has been made in the past.

That goes both ways. If the other person breaks combat then you have the same opportunity. Most people complain and keep chasing and keep them selves in combat while the other person runs off and they come back and beat the complainer. If those people just learned to keep their cool and also reset the fight they are on fair footing but instead we get these threads.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

my warrior has
-24k hp (Using WvW buff + Great Fortitude which make 7% power into Vitality)
-2.9k armor (Probably has Doly signet with 6 in defense)
-2.3k power (Using Signet of Might? or using WvW Stack buff)
-44% crit chance
-crazy mobility (GS with Bull Charge or GS with Sword + Warhorn anything else isn’t crazy mobility)
-many -condi durations along with condi clears (Guessing probably has at least 4+ points in defense for cleansing ire and Dogged March)
-some crazy cc’s with variety weapon choices (Mace or Hammer, shield or slotted Bulls Charge so -1 Utility slot if shield 1 second stun is not really crazy)
-8 second condi immune / 4 seconds invincible mode + more if traited (Has at least 4 points in Defense for 2 more seconds on Zerker Stance and 1 more second of Endure Pain if using both -used up 1-2 utility slots since Defy Pain might be here )
-free 25% movement speed without traveler or speed runes that makes me use more powerful runes without sacrificing any movement speed that are essential for wvw (At least 2 points in Discipline)

So with all you’ve listed you used the following and your build has the cons of:
-All three of your utility slots(Four because you idk how you could have Bulls Charge, EP, Doly Signet Zerker stance unless you’re Taking Defy Pain Grandmaster)
-Used about 10(2 Strength, 6 Defense, 2 Discipline) points already out of 14. I can estimate the last four points are in Arms because of the crit chance being about 44%
-Sure Footed and Dogged March are conflicting for the spot so you can’t have both.
-No fast hands so you’ll have standard 9s weapon swap recharge
-No Vigor access
-No % damage amplifiers

In all honesty against someone who’s actually decent this build isn’t going to last in any sort of sustained fight. Unless you’re packing Longbow(Then you lose 25% movement speed because it’s not a melee weapon) the Condition removal is entirely based on hitting Arcing Strike GS burst or your secondary set which would probably be sword(Flurry) or mace(Skullcrack) or hammer(Earthshaker) meaning you’ll probably eat those conditions if you miss. Chill will ruin your running mobility as well as cripple if you can’t clear them.

Condition builds and the player if they are aware of zerker stance will kite and keep away from you until the stance wears off and then bomb you with conditions. You’ll most likely be dead or running away with your tail between your legs. So i don’t think it’s OP at all it looks kind of trashy. Those stats you posted are worthless.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

incorrect. they can only outrun every other professions provided if they have equipped:
- sword as main weapon: savage leap (600 forward leap)
- great sword: whirlwind attack (450 forward whirl) and rush (1200 forward run)
- both of the above
- hammer: earthshaker (600 ground targeted aoe leap, requires level 1 adrenaline)

- crippled
- chilled
- immobilize

various control effects will stop the warrior’s weapon movement skills:
- fear
- knock back
- pull
- knock down
- daze
- stun
- petrified

your statement about “warriors having everything” is false and incorrect, because warriors equipping the following weapons do not have good movement skills:
- rifle
- long bow
- axe as main weapon (only 300 leap with eviscerate, requires adrenaline)
- mace as main weapon

please stop spreading false and incorrect information.

incorrect. warriors only have decent movement skills if they equip themselves with the right weapons.

such unfair..

it is fair, please do not make such unfair statements about the warrior profession.

Stability/stunbreak, completely invalidates your argument.

Now I suppose if a warrior has none of those utility skills at their disposal, then that’s their own fault. We both know however, nearly every single warrior is running both, + there is no guarantee the opposing class is running the required thing to stop them in the rare event they don’t have those utilities equipped.

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

my warrior has
-24k hp
-2.9k armor
-2.3k power
-44% crit chance
-crazy mobility

Then why is that my similarly geared Guardian (zerker mix) can tank much better than my warrior, despite with only 2.6k armor and 16k health? Or have you met with a Ele that you just can’t kill even though he/she got the lowest armor + health in the game.

If you really want to talk about stats here is my stats on my thief (with no food):

3k armor
1.8k health
1562 condi
Cleanse 2 conditions every 3 sec.
Go into stealth every 4 sec, and stay in there for 4 sec (perma stealth).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Remove mobility then warriors will be kited to death. Perhaps additional CC can be an offset. 1sec KD at hammer and GS #1 attack and cripple on all other weapons. Increased damage reduction and duration against range and condition.

Stay away then we both live. Close in then we fight to the death.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

What exactly are you disagreeing on. My statement is: “a army guy can out run me”. How well do you know me to disagree on that? Sure an athletic guy wears nothing can out run an athletic guys that wears a lot, but what about an non-athletic guy? Are you assuming the mages, and the mesmers are athletic enough to out run a very athletic guy wearing a lot?

Your argument is BS because

A: you try to justify the current state of Warrior with fluff

B: you assume that every class other than Warrior is an untrained internet-user with no relevant skills whatsoever.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

If you really want to talk about stats here is my stats on my thief (with no food):

3k armor
1.8k health
1562 condi
Cleanse 2 conditions every 3 sec.
Go into stealth every 4 sec, and stay in there for 4 sec (perma stealth).

And the next piece of BS. Yes, condi bunkers are OP, we had this established. But here’s the deal: Warrs can also join the condi crowd. I’m also interested in how you go perma stealth with your p/d thief. With well timed tickling with CnD that does nothing?

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Profession Balance

MidoriMarch.8067

my warrior has
-24k hp (Using WvW buff + Great Fortitude which make 7% power into Vitality)
-2.9k armor (Probably has Doly signet with 6 in defense)
-2.3k power (Using Signet of Might? or using WvW Stack buff)
-44% crit chance
-crazy mobility (GS with Bull Charge or GS with Sword + Warhorn anything else isn’t crazy mobility)
-many -condi durations along with condi clears (Guessing probably has at least 4+ points in defense for cleansing ire and Dogged March)
-some crazy cc’s with variety weapon choices (Mace or Hammer, shield or slotted Bulls Charge so -1 Utility slot if shield 1 second stun is not really crazy)
-8 second condi immune / 4 seconds invincible mode + more if traited (Has at least 4 points in Defense for 2 more seconds on Zerker Stance and 1 more second of Endure Pain if using both -used up 1-2 utility slots since Defy Pain might be here )
-free 25% movement speed without traveler or speed runes that makes me use more powerful runes without sacrificing any movement speed that are essential for wvw (At least 2 points in Discipline)

So with all you’ve listed you used the following and your build has the cons of:
-All three of your utility slots(Four because you idk how you could have Bulls Charge, EP, Doly Signet Zerker stance unless you’re Taking Defy Pain Grandmaster)
-Used about 10(2 Strength, 6 Defense, 2 Discipline) points already out of 14. I can estimate the last four points are in Arms because of the crit chance being about 44%
-Sure Footed and Dogged March are conflicting for the spot so you can’t have both.
-No fast hands so you’ll have standard 9s weapon swap recharge
-No Vigor access
-No % damage amplifiers

In all honesty against someone who’s actually decent this build isn’t going to last in any sort of sustained fight. Unless you’re packing Longbow(Then you lose 25% movement speed because it’s not a melee weapon) the Condition removal is entirely based on hitting Arcing Strike GS burst or your secondary set which would probably be sword(Flurry) or mace(Skullcrack) or hammer(Earthshaker) meaning you’ll probably eat those conditions if you miss. Chill will ruin your running mobility as well as cripple if you can’t clear them.

Condition builds and the player if they are aware of zerker stance will kite and keep away from you until the stance wears off and then bomb you with conditions. You’ll most likely be dead or running away with your tail between your legs. So i don’t think it’s OP at all it looks kind of trashy. Those stats you posted are worthless.

what u are talking is bs none of those statement about traits and estimation are correct. if u are saying warrior has problem with condi, every class does and those stats are impossible for other classess to reach without any food buffs or wvw buffs with full zerk gear and it is op if u know how to play and what to do with warrior more like i dont have any problems vsing condi classess except maybe some lame playing p/d thief which cant even kill me if i decide to not to fight.

in Profession Balance

dancingmonkey.4902

Remove mobility then warriors will be kited to death. Perhaps additional CC can be an offset. 1sec KD at hammer and GS #1 attack and cripple on all other weapons. Increased damage reduction and duration against range and condition.

Stay away then we both live. Close in then we fight to the death.

That is completely untrue. No one is asking to remove their skills as gap closers. People are simply asking to remove the ability to use them as escapes and and for general traversal mobility. Mostly all players are asking for, is that they require a target in range of the skill, on weapons skills only. Reasonable people are not asking for any changes in utility skills. For example, rush can be used to run away or traverse the field and occupies no utility slot. An engineer is required to utilize a utility slot for the same effect, on the same cool down, with a shorter range. Mesmers blink is on a longer cool down, utilizes a utility slot, and has a shorter range. RTL gets punished for using the skill without a target.

A simple change to requiring a target in range, will allow it to retain its current gap closer value. If you want movement without any actual target system required, you can use bulls rush.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Rifle shots? Instakill.

snip…

575 damage is hardly an instakill.

You might want to go ahead and relook at that image, the damage i was showing was 17.2k. which is an instakill on most classes.

in Profession Balance

bigmonto.4215

Your argument is BS because

A: you try to justify the current state of Warrior with fluff

B: you assume that every class other than Warrior is an untrained internet-user with no relevant skills whatsoever.

Actually that’s exactly my point.

Since you cannot assuming anything relating to the state of people of classes in game., you cannot assume warrior should or should not run faster based on you experience in reality. Heck we don’t even know if physics works the same way in game vs real world or if heavy armor is as heavy as it is in the real world.

But I will say a person train in heavy weight can perform better than many not-so-athletic person. Of course this is not a justification that warrior automatically should be faster, but you cannot say warrior shouldn’t be either.