(WvW) Warriors and thieves are crazy op

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

I dont care about pve and i have not problems with thieves and warriors in spvp, but thieves and warriors are crazy overpowered in wvw now and its killing all fun there.It will be soon only thieves vs warriors wars supported by guardians.Numbers of warriors and thieves are really crazy in wvw and dont tell me its only bcs they are favorite proffesions in every similar game.Thieves and warriors have nice survavility,damage,mobility,self healing,condi cleanse,all in one build + thief has stealth stomp and warrior banner ress.I think its very bad for wvw balance if some proffesions can do all these things in one build without reall weaknesses.I dont want some nerf from ground for thieves and warriors,i dont want some proffesion unplayable but i think this is really madness.Im playing wvw from GW2 beginning and im really shocked how bad situation is there now.Is it really impossible make some proffesion balance for wvw only, different from pve?

(edited by Jimmy.1476)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

How are thieves OP in WvW?

Do they have high ranged AoE?
- Staff ele says hi.
Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.
Stomps in zerg fights?
- Often the thief is AoE’d down in split seconds resulting in a rally for the target for stomp.
Are they tanky?
- Guardian and Warrior says hi.
Do they have any AoE crowd control?
- Almost non-existent, tripwire if multiple opponents step on it at once or infiltrators strike for a 1s immobilize.
Do they have high range on ranged attacks?
- Necro, Ranger, Engineer and Staff ele says hi.
Can they support with condition removal, heals, might and other boons?
- Guardian and staff ele says hi.
Can they stealth zergs?
- Mesmer says hi.
Are they most often able to escape?
- Yes.
Are they unbeatable 1v1?
- No.
Can they fight solo against multiple opponents?
- Yes, but due to self-preserving stealth and mobility and lack of hard-counters and sloppy play from the opponents. People often rush when they outnumber someone resulting in the most dangerous attacks from multiple opponents mitigated in a single dodge. If someone properly times and chains CC with good synergy that thief is dead.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yeah, thieves are only OP at solo roaming in 1v1 situation. One small role (generally a useless one that contributes little to nothing to the server) in one aspect of the game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

This thread again! Yay!

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

Wot? Shadow refuge is the best skill in the game for getting downed allies up. Stability stomp, invulnerability stomp, stealth stomp, blind stomp, block stomp… doesn’t matter because you can’t stomp invisible people.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

WTB a thumb down button.

in Profession Balance

godz raiden.2631

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

Wot? Shadow refuge is the best skill in the game for getting downed allies up. Stability stomp, invulnerability stomp, stealth stomp, blind stomp, block stomp… doesn’t matter because you can’t stomp invisible people.

Technically Warbanner is the best skill in the game for getting up downed allies… but… I mean… yeah SR is alright at it too… even if it does put the thief at risk if he’s playing against you know… players and not bots.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Ghostwolf.9863

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

Putting a Shadow Refuge on someone who’s downed wont ress him, and often people aren’t prepared to receive a shadow refuge, some even have severe brain lag and still tries to attack seconds after the refuge has landed resulting in them getting destealthed.

I did the mistake of trying to ress someone in front of a tower once, I received 2 hits from a meteor shower and some other generic AoE and got downed almost immediately, and seconds later I was killed as well while downed inside my own shadow refuge. I had a bit around 17k hp with my zerg build and 2.2k armor.

10.8k base hp and 1980 base armor isn’t that much you know when you don’t have any ranged options above 900 range.

in Profession Balance

Waffler.1257

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

Technically Warbanner is the best skill in the game for getting up downed allies… but… I mean… yeah SR is alright at it too… even if it does put the thief at risk if he’s playing against you know… players and not bots.

Warbanner is easy to see and easy to interrupt with a 2 second cast time, SR is 0.25s cast time so it will almost never be interrupted. Not to mention finishing takes 3 seconds, so you need to warbanner within 1 second of the ally going down or the ally dies, you have over 2 seconds to SR after an ally goes down to save them from a stomp. I would take a thief running SR in my party over a warrior running Warbanner any day.

in Profession Balance

Waffler.1257

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

Putting a Shadow Refuge on someone who’s downed wont ress him, and often people aren’t prepared to receive a shadow refuge, some even have severe brain lag and still tries to attack seconds after the refuge has landed resulting in them getting destealthed.

I did the mistake of trying to ress someone in front of a tower once, I received 2 hits from a meteor shower and some other generic AoE and got downed almost immediately, and seconds later I was killed as well while downed inside my own shadow refuge. I had a bit around 17k hp with my zerg build and 2.2k armor.

10.8k base hp and 1980 base armor isn’t that much you know when you don’t have any ranged options above 900 range.

Yes, bad players who don’t communicate tend to die in this game. That is irrelevant to how good SR is in group play.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Warriors Yes

Thieves No

in Profession Balance

Posted by: girien.1209

girien.1209

Read daily thief QQ: Check!

Main: Thief
Alter: Thief, Thief, Thief, Thief, and… Wait for it… Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Read daily thief QQ: Check!

should be a new category to get the dailies done

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

What is “thiefs”? I can’t find it in the dictionary.

Thx,its repaired

in Profession Balance

Ghostwolf.9863

Yes, bad players who don’t communicate tend to die in this game. That is irrelevant to how good SR is in group play.

Yes, SR is good in smaller organized group play, so are many other things every other class can bring. And this is also where thieves are strongest in WvW, while they are horrible everywhere else except for scouting.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Thieves yes, warriors no.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I don’t think either class is crazy OP. You just have to try to improve against them.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: You really must not play much WvW. In this game mode, balance is centered on group play. The most important classes are in this order:

1. Guardian
2. Ele
3. Warrior
4. Necro
5. Thief for tapping gates
6. Mesmers for veils and pulls

Engis and rangers aren’t needed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: andy.7813

andy.7813

People who claim that war/thief is not op simply cling to I win button Anets favorite classes. If you don’t consider those classes op than yeah try play ranger for egz.
Thief does have perma stealth, farts blindness all the time , burst damage no Cds on weapon skills more free teleports than in any given star trek episode. Steal is on low cd and does have 1500 range hehhe no its not op class at all. One thief can easy go vs 8 players and get kills or troll and run away , that’s not op at all. ( try and do it with ur ranger) There is also this stupid notion that people who play thief class are pros and the rest of us is just a group of mindless morons who don’t know how to play gw2. Claiming that in www thief does have only limited uses is also false, and it probably comes from people who love easy kills and don’t bother with group effort.
Warrior is basically best class at everything in game.

Those two classes are Anet baby pets that will never get balanced. This game was advertised as a skill based game, what it looks like that skill starts and ends at character creation screen. Its been already almost 2 years of this unbalance garbage, one can only hope that new mmos will deliver better www experience , sadly Black desert Online is still years away.

in Profession Balance

godz raiden.2631

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

Warbanner is easy to see and easy to interrupt with a 2 second cast time, SR is 0.25s cast time so it will almost never be interrupted. Not to mention finishing takes 3 seconds, so you need to warbanner within 1 second of the ally going down or the ally dies, you have over 2 seconds to SR after an ally goes down to save them from a stomp. I would take a thief running SR in my party over a warrior running Warbanner any day.

TIL warriors have no access to stability to prevent them from being interrupted while using warbanner. The fact that you think SR is somehow better than a skill that can instant res more than one downed ally is laughable. You know when SR is better than warbanner? Against morons I guess. Here’s a hint: If you see a SR suddenly appear on top of someone you’re staking, stop staking. Start cleaving and AoEing. Congrats, as long as you don’t hit like a wet noodle, you should at least kill the guy downed in the SR. If the thief is bad, you get two kills.

Idk how players like you think when you see SR go down, but I imagine it being something along the lines of, “Well crap! The guy I just downed disappeared! He could be anywhere! Definitely not where he just was less than a second ago. kitten … thiefs (intentional misspelling because this how all thief whiners spell the plural, don’t ask me why, sorry going on tangent now…) are broken!”

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Another Warrior Thief thread? aren’t there enough already?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You don’t even need to cleave/AoE if someone pops SR on a downed enemy. Just attack with anything that can hit a stealthed target (not ranged), for I sincerely doubt the downed person is moving, and you can still execute him or just kill the thief trying to res him while standing still in doing so.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Hitting two birds with one stone huh?

How amusing. The only thing missing is the complaints about Immortal Condi-Thief and Kill-shot warriors.

Good effort though.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Profession Balance

Waffler.1257

Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.

TIL warriors have no access to stability to prevent them from being interrupted while using warbanner. The fact that you think SR is somehow better than a skill that can instant res more than one downed ally is laughable. You know when SR is better than warbanner? Against morons I guess. Here’s a hint: If you see a SR suddenly appear on top of someone you’re staking, stop staking. Start cleaving and AoEing. Congrats, as long as you don’t hit like a wet noodle, you should at least kill the guy downed in the SR. If the thief is bad, you get two kills.

Idk how players like you think when you see SR go down, but I imagine it being something along the lines of, “Well crap! The guy I just downed disappeared! He could be anywhere! Definitely not where he just was less than a second ago. kitten … thiefs (intentional misspelling because this how all thief whiners spell the plural, don’t ask me why, sorry going on tangent now…) are broken!”

A competent team in an even fight will always out rez cleave damage on a SR, but bads often don’t know how to rez each other so maybe that’s new information to you. If a warrior tries to stability warbanner, I will just corrupt boon/path of corruption/spinal shivers and interrupt regardless. Guess you didn’t think about that, but from your idiotic post it seems you don’t do very much thinking period. Lastly, I never said thieves were broken, I responded to a post of a person saying they weren’t good at reviving allies because I regularly play in a small group as a thief or with a thief ally so I know how good they are at preventing downed players from becoming defeated players. Overzealous kitten thief posts attacking anyone who suggests that the thief class is good at anything are just as stupid as the ignorant posts about thieves being OP at everything.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kirby.9138

Kirby.9138

Thieves only seem OP because they can pick their battles. They dont really bring too much to the table in zergs.

Warriors only seem OP because theyre so painfully vanilla in what they do. They bring high numbers and natural high HP. Theyre hard to kite but it can be done. Theyre overplayed because its an easy class to learn. Yes, a great warrior has a higher skillcap but for the most part its a push button do big numbers class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Yeah, thieves are only OP at solo roaming in 1v1 situation. One small role (generally a useless one that contributes little to nothing to the server) in one aspect of the game.

The small role is just Half of WWW stuff.
A stealth thief/immortal war can:

Capture camps
Harass spawn points
Contest WPs
Kill or slow down the tail of a zerg
Kill casters or any player out of the zerg
Scout
Enter a keep with sieges without risk
Fight in the ruins

And much more.
That means a single player influences the game more than its supposed to.
Not that i expect anet to deal with something people complain of since release…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Profession Balance

Ghostwolf.9863

A competent team in an even fight will always out rez cleave damage on a SR, but bads often don’t know how to rez each other so maybe that’s new information to you. If a warrior tries to stability warbanner, I will just corrupt boon/path of corruption/spinal shivers and interrupt regardless. Guess you didn’t think about that, but from your idiotic post it seems you don’t do very much thinking period. Lastly, I never said thieves were broken, I responded to a post of a person saying they weren’t good at reviving allies because I regularly play in a small group as a thief or with a thief ally so I know how good they are at preventing downed players from becoming defeated players. Overzealous kitten thief posts attacking anyone who suggests that the thief class is good at anything are just as stupid as the ignorant posts about thieves being OP at everything.

A competent team in an even fight will always prevent rez inside a SR, but badz often don’t know how to use knockbacks, poison, AoE damage and stuns, maybe that’s new information to you. If a thief tries SR ress, I will just magnetic shield>magnetic inversion, throw poison grenades on the refuge and drop a fire bomb and prevent the ress regardless. Lastly, I never said thieves are weak, I responded to a post claiming thieves are are OP and will take over WvW along with Warriors, I play thief regularly in all game modes and I know many situations where I have dropped shadow refuge on an ally and been standing and watching hoping that my teammates will ress him because the first I see when I drop the shadow refuge is Wells, Marks, Putrid Explosions, Bombs, Grenades, iWave, Hundred Blades, Earthshaker, Staggering Blow, Flurry, Meteor Shower, along with many other things that alone has to be avoided at all cost as a thief.

Like warbanner has counterplay if someone brings interrupts and boonremoval if needed, shadow refuge is countered by all forms of AoE; knockbacks, stuns, burn +poison for great effect, and other sources of high AoE damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Capture camps
Harass spawn points
Contest WPs
Scout
Fight in the ruins

And much more.

You just described what several classes can do roaming not just warrior and theif.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

People who claim that war/thief is not op simply cling to I win button Anets favorite classes. If you don’t consider those classes op than yeah try play ranger for egz.
Thief does have perma stealth, farts blindness all the time , burst damage no Cds on weapon skills more free teleports than in any given star trek episode. Steal is on low cd and does have 1500 range hehhe no its not op class at all. One thief can easy go vs 8 players and get kills or troll and run away , that’s not op at all. ( try and do it with ur ranger) There is also this stupid notion that people who play thief class are pros and the rest of us is just a group of mindless morons who don’t know how to play gw2. Claiming that in www thief does have only limited uses is also false, and it probably comes from people who love easy kills and don’t bother with group effort.
Warrior is basically best class at everything in game.

Those two classes are Anet baby pets that will never get balanced. This game was advertised as a skill based game, what it looks like that skill starts and ends at character creation screen. Its been already almost 2 years of this unbalance garbage, one can only hope that new mmos will deliver better www experience , sadly Black desert Online is still years away.

I’m pretty sure you will find things to complain about in other games as well. A thief going up against 8 players and managing to troll them or even kill a player says mostly something about the ability of those people involved. I’m saying this because I went roaming with a party of 4 the other day and groups of thieves were getting wrecked so fast it was funny. It almost made me feel bad for them.

If some people would invest even half the time they spend complaining on the forums into making a thief/warrior and learning their mechanics and weaknesses they would do a lot better. But yeah, big effort. People assume x or y class takes no skill to play, yet don’t realize it’s a simple matter of them getting outplayed and it’s up to them to step up their game. It’s funny you mention rangers as well because there’s a ranger build out there that’s an absolute menace to thieves, just saying.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I haven’t played this game for about 2 months, just came back to WvW and this is what I found:

I get spammed with conditions by pistol/dagger thieves, unable to hit them for the slightest number of damage. Uber trolling by anyone capable of facerolling the keyboard with the right equipment. Outhealing any damage I try to inflict.

• This is the point where you will tell me to get more vitality, more condition cleansing or even food. L2P, dodge the right skills.

I try to damage a hammer / x warrior. It gets healed up within seconds. (I’ve been fighting this bugger for minutes) Not because I can’t outplay him. But just because even when I would hit him while he’s afk, would take hours to get his health down to zero.

• And here you will probably tell me its all a matter of learning the key mechanics of the Warrior, and my build sucks because I can’t outdamage him. All L2P right? Poison him to decrease his healing effectiveness.

(fyi: I’m playing a Sword/Pistol thief since beta)
(tl:dr: OP might be correct)

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Profession Balance

Sigmoid.7082

@menzies
You seem to know the solutions you need to fight
A) a condition heavy build.
B) a tanky build with high health regen.

So if you know their weaknesses and how to counter play them why are they op?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Warbanner is easy to see and easy to interrupt with a 2 second cast time, SR is 0.25s cast time so it will almost never be interrupted.

SR displays a big floating house in a red circle and it usually take more then 2 seconds to rezz a downed player.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I haven’t played this game for about 2 months, just came back to WvW and this is what I found:

I get spammed with conditions by pistol/dagger thieves, unable to hit them for the slightest number of damage. Uber trolling by anyone capable of facerolling the keyboard with the right equipment. Outhealing any damage I try to inflict.

• This is the point where you will tell me to get more vitality, more condition cleansing or even food. L2P, dodge the right skills.

I try to damage a hammer / x warrior. It gets healed up within seconds. (I’ve been fighting this bugger for minutes) Not because I can’t outplay him. But just because even when I would hit him while he’s afk, would take hours to get his health down to zero.

• And here you will probably tell me its all a matter of learning the key mechanics of the Warrior, and my build sucks because I can’t outdamage him. All L2P right? Poison him to decrease his healing effectiveness.

That is a problem actually.

If you were playing S/D nothing would be able to touch you because of perma evades.

If you were playing D/P, nothing would be able to touch you because you would perma stealth.

But you decided to play sword/pistol..

I actually wonder how well you do, because if hammer wars give you issues I cant imagine how hard rangers are for you to fight.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Thieves, only seem OP, because they hit you for anywhere from 5000 to 9000 damage in a single hit, while invisible, and while keeping your character blinded.

I mean… if you could fight back…. they would die so easily. It would break the class. You just need to learn how to play.

And just the other day, the zerg I was in, couldn’t catch a thief in gari, and after 10 minutes of chasing him around, we just gave up, because the thirty of us clearly didn’t have the skill to catch him….

…and sure enough, after we left gari, it flipped, clearly showing that people who play thieves are just really highly skilled. So much so, that solo capping garrison is nothing to them.

Could you solo flip garrison? No, because unlike the people that play thieves, you are an unskilled noob.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

I main ranger since launch with over 3000 hours played and i play all game modes on a daily basis. I almost never play my warrior and i dont even have a thief.
And surprise surprise, i consider neither thief nor warrior op in any game mode at all

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Profession Balance

godz raiden.2631

Just because YOU can corrupt boon stability on a warrior doesn’t mean EVERYBODY can. I love how it’s alright for you to make assumptions and counter them with very specific situations, but when someone else does it makes them somehow more idiotic than you. Get this trash off the forums. All it takes to stop a SR revive is CC and AoE bombing/cleave. Yeah, SR works well against bads, but what doesn’t in this game? You play necro, you should know that against a bad player you can practically bang your head against your keyboard and win, especially since it sounds like you run a condi build. I’m not saying the thief class isn’t good at anything, but to suggest that SR is somehow on par with abilities that can instantly res a group of downed players is just plain ridiculous. Granted warbanner is an elite and should be better at that than SR, and it is, yet you seem to think otherwise. You can say you play thief all you want, but if you fight one organized group equal to yours in size and they don’t bomb the hell out of your SR when you’re trying to ress an ally, then you’re lucky, or they aren’t running a diverse class composition.

Oh btw, to anyone wanting to learn better ways to handle SR ressing, if you see a SR go out and you have anybody in your party with AoE poison, throw that stuff on top of the refuge as you bomb it. Slow the healing down first, then bomb them with damage = dead players if they stay in refuge.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

godz raiden.2631

Capture camps
Harass spawn points
Contest WPs
Scout
Fight in the ruins

And much more.

Engineers and Mesmers can do all of these things as well… where are the complaints about them?

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Menzies The Heretic.3415

If you were playing S/D nothing would be able to touch you because of perma evades.

If you were playing D/P, nothing would be able to touch you because you would perma stealth.

I actually wonder how well you do, because if hammer wars give you issues I cant imagine how hard rangers are for you to fight.

The exact answer I would expect.

But wasn’t GW2: “play the way you want to play”? As I for one really like sword pistol.

And if warriors are so easy to kill, especially hammer wars. Wasn’t that the reason I gave that as a perfect example? I particulary put the outplayed blabla in my statement. Because that was NOT the problem. Its the fact that my damage can’t keep up with healing signet.

Now if I were only a little mainstream I would’ve picked sword/d or p/d or even warrior. But thats not the point being made here if you read the title of this thread.

in Profession Balance

Sigmoid.7082

The exact answer I would expect.

But wasn’t GW2: “play the way you want to play”? As I for one really like sword pistol.

And if warriors are so easy to kill, especially hammer wars. Wasn’t that the reason I gave that as a perfect example? I particulary put the outplayed blabla in my statement. Because that was NOT the problem. Its the fact that my damage can’t keep up with healing signet.

Now if I were only a little mainstream I would’ve picked sword/d or p/d or even warrior. But thats not the point being made here if you read the title of this thread.

I don’t understand how you have access to pistol whip and the strong sword auto and can’t out damage healing signet. The power coefficients on your skills are high!

I play ranger mostly and I have terrible damage coefficients but even without poison I can take a warrior down. Heck on my guardian which has similar damage coefficients I can do it so I don’t see why you are having such an issue with healing signet.

in Profession Balance

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I have no clue, I had this against several other warriors later in spvp.

It may be a combination of runes/traits the warriors are using. As some focus on condition damage aswell. (Longbow, sword)

EDIT: I have killed loads of warriors in between, but some of them were impossible to kill. While others were finished in a minute.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

And just the other day, the zerg I was in, couldn’t catch a thief in gari, and after 10 minutes of chasing him around, we just gave up, because the thirty of us clearly didn’t have the skill to catch him….

I’m inclined to agree that your zerg was unskilled, if thirty people couldn’t catch a single thief in ten minutes.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Profession Balance

Sigmoid.7082

I’m inclined to agree that your zerg was unskilled, if thirty people couldn’t catch a single thief in ten minutes.

A single ranger woukd have solved this issue.

in Profession Balance

Ghostwolf.9863

A single ranger woukd have solved this issue.

Or an engineer.

This is what I have on mind when I go to solve thief problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1-YPLp3KqA

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

This thread again! Yay!

I know. You’d think Anet would’ve gotten the message by now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

This thread again! Yay!

I think they favor allowing most topics in forum posts, without ‘censoring’ anything except personal attacks, hate, trolling, and similar. Regular QQ shouldn’t be banned, no matter how annoying.

in Profession Balance

godz raiden.2631

This thread again! Yay!

I think they have gotten the message. And their interpretation of it is probably something along the lines of, “Wow! The majority of our players are really really bad! It’s amazing that only a select few of them bother learning to play against thieves/warriores/[insert OP class here]! Even worse is how other players have offered advice on fighting these classes, only to be told by the complainers that they are wrong and there is no way to fight them!” And then the game devs go back to eating their popcorn while reading these posts.

Seriously though, the message isn’t thieves and warriors are OP. It’s that people aren’t willing to learn what it takes to fight them. It’s not like every thief and warrior build shines against every build that every other class has. They have their counters like anybody else. You have to be willing to learn them though, and if you aren’t, well you’re SoL.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tusk.3846

Tusk.3846

xmaybex xthatx xshouldx xtellx xyoux xsomethingx

WPS!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

- Staff ele says hi.
Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.
Stomps in zerg fights?
- Often the thief is AoE’d down in split seconds resulting in a rally for the target for stomp.
Are they tanky?
- Almost non-existent, tripwire if multiple opponents step on it at once or infiltrators strike for a 1s immobilize.
Can they stealth zergs?
- Mesmer says hi.
- Yes.
Are they unbeatable 1v1?
- No.
- Yes, but due to self-preserving stealth and mobility and lack of hard-counters and sloppy play from the opponents. People often rush when they outnumber someone resulting in the most dangerous attacks from multiple opponents mitigated in a single dodge. If someone properly times and chains CC with good synergy that thief is dead.

I know, right? Thieves need a massive boost for sure….. = player protecting his class against further needed nerfs says hi

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

xmaybex xthatx xshouldx xtellx xyoux xsomethingx

Yep, tells me a lot.

Let’s talk thief first, the profession by definition is supposed to be nimble, tricky and able to sneak up on you far more than other professions. All those characteristics are amazing to have playing the thief, but gives their prey a sense of helplessness and frustration over the lovely insta-ganks. Although there are plenty of cases where the thief can be outplayed when attacking their prey, and much more where thieves lack the necessary capabilities to be viable in some areas, the profession as a whole is designed to be annoying to fight, that’s what thieves do.

People complaining about thieves need to address both sides, there are blatant flaws in each thief build yet most people seem to gripe only about their strengths. And the worst part is, just from observing most of the “Thief GG” threads, is that people just don’t know or want to improve their play against them.

Warriors, as I have said before, are I admit, part of the easiest professions to play side. However in a way, that is a limitation as well since Warriors have remarkable power in very obvious skills. They must go into defense, they must pick up CI, they must have some mobility and sustain to be viable. Despite what you all claim, the only things holding Warrior up from their horrendous unviable incarnation at launch are Healing Signet, Cleansing Ire, and their Good damage across the board (both condi and power).

I would be more than happy to see some power moved around if we had other trait options or skills that mattered more, but Warriors only have diversity in their weapons, their traits in any PvP scenario are almost always going Defense and Discipline. We have false power. Don’t mistake us for being OP when there are still huge issues with us.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Profession Balance

godz raiden.2631

- Staff ele says hi.
Can they ress anyone?
- Not likely.
Stomps in zerg fights?
Are they tanky?
Can they stealth zergs?
- Mesmer says hi.
- Yes.
Are they unbeatable 1v1?
- No.

I know, right? Thieves need a massive boost for sure….. = player protecting his class against further needed nerfs says hi

Nowhere in the post you quoted did Ghostwolf say thieves need a buff, let a lone a “massive boost.” Stop reading between lines that don’t exist. If anything, Ghostwolf’s post suggests that thieves has strengths, and other classes have others.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma