2/26 Elementalist Changes: discussion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Frost Aura: Incoming damage is reduced by 10% while under the effects of this aura. Enemies are only able to be chilled by this aura once per second. This affects all frost auras.

very nice

Flame Aura: In addition to the burning condition, this aura now grants 10 seconds of might each time the player is struck. This aura can activate only once per second. This change affects all flame auras.

ehhh… suppose its nice; still wont convince me to use focus (except for projectile control)

Comet: This ability’s strike now occurs faster upon casting.

nice

Evasive Arcana: The spell cast while in water attunement has been split between PvE and PvP. This spell’s effectiveness with the healing attribute has been reduced by 50% while in PvP.

honestly dont care; dont sPvP on my ele… the split is nice

Flame Shield: This skill now lasts 5 seconds instead of 3.

i find it funny they misspelled the name… still wont convince me to routinely use the focus

Flame Wall: The combat region for combo interactions has been increased.

same as above

Glyph of Elemental Harmony: This healing skill now grants three stacks of might when used in fire attunement instead of one.

very nice… fire was very much lacking

Ride the Lightning: This ability’s recharge has been increased to 20 seconds.

ehh… not happy about it; but can see why it was needed

Shocking Aura: Updated this ability to indicate its cooldown on stunning enemies.

so… no change there?

Stoning: This ability’s projectile speed has been increased by 22%.

nice… but still only use it for single target damage (when i need to pull something seperately; or damage one thing and nothing around it); which is nearly never

Static Field: This field will now properly stun enemies that cross it rather than merely dazing them.

i was under the impression it already stunned enemies – atleast it seemed to for mobs in PvE?

-air elemental change-
like… ish… im going to miss have two floating orbs shooting lightning at stuff… but it is a really cool redesign

-zephyrs boon double proc fix-
dont really like it… but can see why

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

The issue I am seeing is that nothing has really changed.. People were complaining about the super hard to kill FOTM 0 10 0 30 30 build, and after these changes it is still very viable and it is STILL about the ONLY viable build for us. So we will still have the FOTMs, we will still get the complaints, and we will just be slightly less mobile now.

Exactly.

RtL nerfs affect every x/D spec, but screws over the glassy ones more than the bunker ones, because they actually needed the mobility to make up for their low survivability.

While bunker builds can just laugh it off while enjoying their mindless op spec.

Trash balance ftw.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Bleh, would’ve liked to see more changes to staff. Stoning is just as fast as our other slow auto attacks now.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

So I finally got patched up and in game… Really annoyed they changed renewing stamina. I see WHY they did it, but it’s kinda brutal for non-bunker D/D.

EDIT: You can now only receive vigor every 5s.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

So I finally got patched up and in game… Really annoyed they changed renewing stamina. I see WHY they did it, but it’s kinda brutal for non-bunker D/D.

They have made similar changes to mesmer’s /guardian’s (?) traits a few months ago, and I was honestly expecting it for renewing stamina sooner or later.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Burst eles have effectively gone from a C+ build to an F in one patch.

Bunkers went from A+ to A-.

Good work ANet. You’ve really done a lot for balance and build diversity.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: daphoenix.4283

daphoenix.4283

just fyi they also changed soothing disruptions and renewing stamina traits. You can’t stack vigor as heavily now, and there is also less regeneration as well.

flame well pre update iirc could not let you combo?

Frost aura was rather broken against flamethrower engineers and unload thieves, thats why the 1 second interval was necessary.

I was actually expecting a 22 or 25second CD on RtL based on what is fair imo

Didn’t check anything else yet, just the ele changes.

Excala, Expert Elementalist
Fort Aspenwood [EXC]
http://www.youtube.com/user/daphoenix555?feature=mhee

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Burst eles have effectively gone from a C+ build to an F in one patch.

Bunkers went from A+ to A-.

Good work ANet. You’ve really done a lot for balance and build diversity.

If I could give you +2 instead of +1 I would.

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

WHAT THE kitten

LOL wow, that change once again addresses DPS elementalists because they are the ones constantly proc’ing vigor with a very high crit chance.

Obviously glass ele’s are so OP bro! kittening useless monkeys balancing this game.

I srsly can’t believe this trash. Like caffynated said, they managed to destroy the viability of other non-bunker builds, while barely touching bunkers at all. ALL in one patch.

I cannot comprehend such incompetence. I really can’t.

Level 60 pvp

(edited by Razor.6392)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Heh, burst eles will automatically get 5s of vigor (or more with some boon duration) with a single critical hit. It gives vigor 100% of the time now. So as long as you keep dealing damage – as you should – you’ll keep vigor on yourself. It does not allows you to stack anything more than that, though, but ultimately, that will only negatively affect sustained defense, and the only elementalists who can sustain themselves are very defensive in the first place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

technically a 33% nerf to RTL :P Good patch for me though, funny I keep switching back to air with 4 seconds left on my rtl cd, going to take a little getting used to.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

The aura buffs are real nice! One small (planned) step in the right direction. Now if only the staff skills were buffed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

I can deal as long as all the other classes can shut up with the “OP FOTM” when i kick their kittens.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I can deal as long as all the other classes can shut up with the “OP FOTM” when i kick their kittens.

With the list of nerfs targetted for 0/10/0/30/30 d/d spec, I think the bandwagoners will subside.

But people still qq on eles being OP in the new PVP map. Haven’t tried playing there yet. But oh well.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Shame, I wanted to try something different with my ele too esp in pvp. Now I just won’t pvp and stick even more to my bunker aura build. Facerolling on my mesmer is much easier and gives me better results. http://i.imgur.com/Q6YQNxk.jpg on the SECOND DAY i started pvping with mesmer.
listen to me everyone. just roll a mesmer. It’s so easy and you feel completely op.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

(edited by Raptured.9307)

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

actually the fotm build barely suffered any nerfs ;D

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Madeon Kills.3158

Madeon Kills.3158

Anyone notice a reduction in Lightning Whip and a lot of other D/D abilities? Or am I dumb

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

actually the fotm build barely suffered any nerfs ;D

Less mobility from RTL nerf

Less survivability due to less regen/vigor from cantrips, less vigor from renewed stamina trait.

Less damage due to less fury from shocking aura.

Staying perma swift during serious combat situations is a little tighter due to some swiftness lost from shocking aura. Maybe not a big deal but it’s another thing.

Then there’s the sPVP specific nerf to the evasive arcana water roll.

The frost aura change is at best a wash imo. 10% reduced damage is nice, offset by the fact it doesn’t chill as much on multiple quick hits. I’d call it another (minor) nerf honestly. I’d prefer the better chill.

Not that d/d bunkers are going to just roll over and die now, but all this combined is certainly a meaningful nerf, especially considering the first three points above.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Good thing I already rolled a Guardian. With the exception of mobility, that guy did everything better than my Elementalist anyways. Now with the Ele mobility getting roflstomped (33% nerf on RTL, 50% nerf on Zephyr’s Boon/Shocking Aura combo, lolwut) I don’t really see a reason to not take my Guardian exclusively . No more need to split up playtime between different characters, isn’t that actually good in some super weird way? Thx ANet!

I’m also starting to see a pattern in those ninja’d nerf… errm… “changes” that regularly do not go into the patch notes. Some pathetic attempt to prevent major kittenstorms in your forums the second you release your patch notes? Way to got ANet, way to go…

Meanwhile, my brother is still one-hitting green-arrowed (and quite a good amount of 80s) guys in WvWvW on his thief without even being visible to them, enjoying his perma-stealth. /shrug

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I found a stealth nerf to Elementalist last night in WvW. It was not in the patch notes:

If you’ve just used Mist form and then get downed, you can’t use Vapour Form (F2). I was fighting a guardian and got jumped by a thief who started to kill me very fast. I hit Vapour form but since that has already been nerfed into the ground was still taking huge condition damage while supposedly invulnerable. Entered Downed state. F2 had 12 sec cooldown ticking away. Died. I had not been in a Downed state since entering WVW so there was no possible cooldown from any previous fight.

Extremely annoyed. I don’t run a flavour of the month build and just spec and run as support generally. My escape spells are crucial for those times I get jumped. ArenaNet have really messed up this patch.

I understand the need to nerf D/D Elementalists but I disagree strongly with screwing over everything else while desperately trying to balance them.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

Well on the upside, thieves have been completely destroyed in dungeons since their stealth doesnt drop aggro anymore. Also mobs now chase thieves as they destealth in PVE. Funny, because thieves were already bad in PVE. Seems like devs are doing the exact opposite of what they intended. Nerf thieves in WvW, not PVE pls

in Elementalist

Posted by: Medio.4821

Medio.4821

As i see it. Elementalist in PvE keeps being a poor man´s Guardian if you play Support. Low damage and not that high survability even in “tanky” gear/spec. Staff needs a DPS buff so it can work better as a “more DPS; less tank-support” version of a guardian.

PvP-wise, there is only just one option to take, and this hasn´t changed even if the build got some nerfs and small buffs.

This, while mesmers/thieves/warriors keep all their strong points up.

The class needs a total revamp, including changing skills from some weapons/attunements. Both in PvE and PvP; yet the cries of the forum posters will make probably more damage to the class, while the mesmers/thieves/warriors keep untouched. Oh well, luckly i play some of those (or was forced to).

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Congratilations with once more Elem buff.

What is more overpowered class in the game now? Elem or Guard - not sure...

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

What is more overpowered class in the game now? Elem or Guard – not sure…

i suggest you:

-Check updates
-check wiki (possibly the only think you saw about elementalists)
-try to understand…..if possible
-comes here again and delete your wrong comment…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

What is more overpowered class in the game now? Elem or Guard – not sure…

Definitely Engineers. Those turrets…way too powerful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: freaktong.8169

freaktong.8169

My biggest joy was seeing that 50 percent healing reduction…. then I realized it’s just for spvp.

RTL cd increase is a step in the right direction. This skill is way too powerful even for it’s current cd.

(edited by freaktong.8169)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

wvw is supposed to be unbalanced, it’s not serious pvp :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I am mildly satisfied by the humble boost on our defensive abilities, but the nerf on RTL is too heavy. Now I finish my basic rotation and still have 4 (FOUR!!!) seconds of RTL cooldown.
I could’ve accepted – reluctanctly – one or two seconds nerf, which already compromises our key strategy for survival – which, given our super low hp and paper armor is, guess what, mobility – but not to the point to force you into changing gear or utilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

0/20/0/20/30 or 0/20/0/30/20 builds are looking more suitable now.

I have gone 10/10/0/30/20 from the usual builds as well.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

freaktong.8169

I am mildly satisfied by the humble boost on our defensive abilities, but the nerf on RTL is too heavy. Now I finish my basic rotation and still have 4 (FOUR!!!) seconds of RTL cooldown.
I could’ve accepted – reluctanctly – one or two seconds nerf, which already compromises our key strategy for survival – which, given our super low hp and paper armor is, guess what, mobility – but not to the point to force you into changing gear or utilities.

I agree to disagree. RTL was way too powerful before (it still is now). The short cd made eles almost unbeatable for many professions as it allowed eles to easily reset fights when things aren’t going their way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

They pretty much did what I expected them to with evasive arcana (pvp only) and ride the lightning (longer cooldown).

No nerfs as far as I’m concerned. Nothing that impacts my performance in the slightest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

I believed that the 50% healing reduction in EA is also affecting WvW.

It says that the EA cast spell has been split between PvP and PvE. Does ‘PvP’ includes both sPvP and WvW?

I just tested EA in WvW and I pretty sure that my heals have been halved. Can someone confirm this? %#@!#! Anet

(edited by Mil.3562)

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

allowed eles to easily reset fights when things aren’t going their way.

it’s exactly what’s supposed to happen with a class with zero HP and 0 armor.
What about Thief and their nearly endless stealth/teleport then? Stealth can’t even be countered!

underlining my previous statement: this nerf is not welcome.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

I agree to disagree. RTL was way too powerful before (it still is now). The short cd made eles almost unbeatable for many professions as it allowed eles to easily reset fights when things aren’t going their way.

RTL is the only movement ability on the offhand dagger. What differentiates eles getting away with Rtl than a thief stealthing away or a warrior using GS? Rtl isn’t as immortal as people claim it to be. It can be countered just like everything else.

The Rtl nerf in addition to all the other nerfs (soothing disruption, renewing stamina, boon duration, healing) was unnecessary.

in Elementalist

freaktong.8169

allowed eles to easily reset fights when things aren’t going their way.

it’s exactly what’s supposed to happen with a class with zero HP and 0 armor.
What about Thief and their nearly endless stealth/teleport then? Stealth can’t even be countered!

underlining my previous statement: this nerf is not welcome.

With vast access to boons such as healing, vigor and protection, elementalists are far from squishy.
Most d/d elementalists are bunker builds anyways. They’re very capable of taking hits while generating high damage due to sustained 15+ stacks of might.

in Elementalist

Posted by: golantrevize.2394

golantrevize.2394

@freaktong
The problem is that not everybody runs d/d defensively, and this patch hurts this minority even more.

Varda Elentàri || D/D DPS ele || Baruch Bay [SoC]

in Elementalist

freaktong.8169

RTL is the only movement ability on the offhand dagger. What differentiates eles getting away with Rtl than a thief stealthing away or a warrior using GS? Rtl isn’t as immortal as people claim it to be. It can be countered just like everything else.

The Rtl nerf in addition to all the other nerfs (soothing disruption, renewing stamina, boon duration, healing) was unnecessary.

RTL isn’t an elementalist’s only escape. When chained with mist form, lightning flash and dagger abilities (fire atonement), the elementalist have almost unprecedented escape.

in Elementalist

freaktong.8169

@freaktong
The problem is that not everybody runs d/d defensively, and this patch hurts this minority even more.

I do feel concern for those who don’t play d/d bunker build (aka daphoenix build). Though the problem is that most eles I’ve encountered are indeed d/d bunkers and they’re almost impossible for my warrior, engineer and necro.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

@freaktong

I do feel concern for those who don’t play d/d bunker build (aka daphoenix build). Though the problem is that most eles I’ve encountered are indeed d/d bunkers and they’re almost impossible for my warrior, engineer and necro.

Necro and Engi both have strong counters to the D/D bunker build.

Warriors lose to anything that can spam conditions (especially cripple and chill) and avoid their burst. It has nothing to do with ele.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

RTL isn’t an elementalist’s only escape. When chained with mist form, lightning flash and dagger abilities (fire atonement), the elementalist have almost unprecedented escape.

Not every elementalist uses d/d, and not every elementalist use both cantrips. In addition, utility cantrips have a high cd – chain them together for an escape, and any other profession with weapon movement abilities will catch up to you. and now you have 2 important cantrips on cd.

If a bunker d/d ele gets away with all those skills, fine. If im playing the running game, I’ll go on my alt warrior and use 2 repeatable weapon skills on gs, or even easier, press one button on my thief and disappear… while actually downing enemy players at the same time.

Rtl nerf changes a lot more in game than it seems on paper. Anet mentioned bunkering would be addressed, but many other builds were unnecessarily affected as well.

(edited by Cirax.9231)

in Elementalist

freaktong.8169

@freaktong

Necro and Engi both have strong counters to the D/D bunker build.

Warriors lose to anything that can spam conditions (especially cripple and chill) and avoid their burst. It has nothing to do with ele.

Many counters sounds good in theory but in practice does not work. For example with the necromancer, it can never generate enough condition damage to be a serious threat (at elementalist’s rate of removal) and it’s few decent counters such as “corrupt boon” have insane cooldowns.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

If updates continue to look like this recent one, the problem will only get worse.

I don’t run a full bunker build, but I am primarily defensive. This update doesn’t really hurt me that much. 5 second longer wait for rtl? I have 3 stunbreakers, mist form, lightning flash and cleansing fire, in the event that I am caught. Plus, I use the reduced cantrip cooldown trait, so I don’t have to be quite as judicious in their use. I can instantly remove up to 5 snaring conditions my pursuers apply by attuning to water and using cleansing fire.

I’m less likely to have vigor up when I re-engage, but I have so many defensive options to fall back on that it doesn’t really matter. The reduced boon duration from zephyr’s boon can be mitigated with some food, which I fully intend to do now. Less fury is annoying, but damage isn’t the true strength of my build.

No traits that you will only see a bunker use were touched, it was all stuff that any ele would find useful. Actually, soothing disruption got hit, but every bunker can just use cantrip mastery if they find disruption lackluster now. Cantrips are less powerful but can be used more frequently, so it isn’t a true nerf by any means. And I promise you that reduced cooldown makes me harder to kill than disruption does.

Many counters sounds good in theory but in practice does not work. For example with the necromancer, it can never generate enough condition damage to be a serious threat (at elementalist’s rate of removal) and it’s few decent counters such as “corrupt boon” have insane cooldowns.

The issue is that most players don’t use their conditions intelligently. A good rabid necro is a tough fight for any ele unless that doesn’t go absolutely balls deep into condition removal. First, don’t stack too many conditions until you’re certain the ele has used up the removing skills. Second, chill after they leave or attune to water. If you increase the cooldown on water by just a few seconds before the ele removes chilled, that can win a fight for you. Third, turn their skills against them. All eles apply damaging conditions and necros can transfer them. Is the ele bunker with abysmal damage? If he is, you might want to get hit by churning earth on purpose and transfer the bleeds right back.

If an ele removes two conditions when attuning to water, has ether renewal, EA, cleansing fire and potentially more, you’re screwed. I do believe that the ability to use all the condition removal traits with ether renewal is way too powerful, but anything short of that can be countered with skill.

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

With vast access to boons such as healing, vigor and protection, elementalists are far from squishy.
Most d/d elementalists are bunker builds anyways. They’re very capable of taking hits while generating high damage due to sustained 15+ stacks of might.

I have 15k hp, and the recent nerf to vigor doesn’t help me, for what concerns protection… lol it lasts 3 secs, not much against zergs or complex boss fights. RTL is what keeps me alive most of times, and I think is fair ‘cause I traded everything else for mobility and damage.
Now I have been weakened only ’cause devs are unable to figure out more efficient mechanics to counter ONE single build (the bunker one).
I will surely manage to overcome all this as I did in the past and will do in the future, but this doesn’t change the fact that this nerf was uncalled, unnedeed and unwelcome.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I found a stealth nerf to Elementalist last night in WvW. It was not in the patch notes:

If you’ve just used Mist form and then get downed, you can’t use Vapour Form (F2). I was fighting a guardian and got jumped by a thief who started to kill me very fast. I hit Vapour form but since that has already been nerfed into the ground was still taking huge condition damage while supposedly invulnerable. Entered Downed state. F2 had 12 sec cooldown ticking away. Died. I had not been in a Downed state since entering WVW so there was no possible cooldown from any previous fight.

Extremely annoyed. I don’t run a flavour of the month build and just spec and run as support generally. My escape spells are crucial for those times I get jumped. ArenaNet have really messed up this patch.

I understand the need to nerf D/D Elementalists but I disagree strongly with screwing over everything else while desperately trying to balance them.

I laughed. You ALWAYS take condition damage while invulnerable, it’s one of the only things (ironically) that can bypass invulnerable (other than fall damage).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

This is gonna make signets build more than viable compared to cantrips.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

still waiting for the ability to move while doing meteor -.- 4,5sec casting time is MORE then enough of a handicap for the effect it does. 4,5sec is kittening insane as cast time for something which can be easily evaded :/

besides that i like the change to meteor, don’t really care much about the rest since it touch stuff which i don’t really do.
(would like to see some more buff/changes to the staff skills)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

still waiting for the ability to move while doing meteor -.- 4,5sec casting time is MORE then enough of a handicap for the effect it does. 4,5sec is kittening insane as cast time for something which can be easily evaded :/

besides that i like the change to meteor, don’t really care much about the rest since it touch stuff which i don’t really do.
(would like to see some more buff/changes to the staff skills)

Well, you can always Lightning Flash in the middle of the channel… It’s kinda like being able to move.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Resetting fights was a trait ONLY unique to eles..rolls eyes

in Elementalist

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

I’ve never seen it happen. I’ve hit them with knockback during it, does nothing. Hit them with immobilize, does nothing. Tried to slow them down with chill and cripple, does nothing. If it’s supposed to stop them in their tracks, I’m not seeing it.

Then you’re doing it wrong. Immobilize is the bane of my RTL. Chill and cripple aren’t effective though as you said until after RTL is over, knockback’s do in fact knock you as well, assuming you actually hit me though.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yggdrasil.7940

Yggdrasil.7940

“Elems: we are fine, leave us alone !

DevTeam : Come get some !"

[img]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4773/nerfhammer.png[/img]

Thief/Elementalist – Vizunah Square
What I mean by L2P