After 4/15 , Does work with two energies?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaurdian.4285

Gaurdian.4285

At 4 /15 update, all sigil recharges will be separate.
But the information showed a example.
(https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/runes-sigils-and-balance-updates/)
" A character with two Sigils of Blood (minor, major, or superior) who activates one will set both sigils on recharge."
Whether is the same effort on swapping type sigil, or not?

By the way, why does elementalist have sigil sockets lesser two than other classes. QQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

It was one of those things where anet Didn’t think an idea through

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pteor.6421

Pteor.6421

All sigil recharges are seperated assuming the sigils are different types. You can’t stack two of the same sigils for double the benefit.
So no, two Sigils of Energy will be wasting a slot.

Elementalist has two less sigil sockets because they have twice as many weapon skills. More than a fair trade.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

All sigil recharges are seperated assuming the sigils are different types. You can’t stack two of the same sigils for double the benefit.
So no, two Sigils of Energy will be wasting a slot.

Elementalist has two less sigil sockets because they have twice as many weapon skills. More than a fair trade.

Aye, sigils of the same family won’t stack (so no dual Energy, and you can’t cheat by using Major and Superior Energy together) but all other cooldown sharing is getting removed – so you can use a bunch of on-swap or on-hit sigils and they’ll all proc independently.

That we lack sockets due to having more skills is arguable – since our skills should be balanced against other folks’ skills, rather than the gear we can use – but another possible reason for the lack of sigil slots is that Eles and Engis are expected to swap attunements or kits very regularly, so on-swap sigils are going to proc close enough to on-cooldown.
Or, of course, it could be an oversight based around the single-weapon setup of these classes, that has been quietly ignored!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It is far from a fair trade when you actually look at them. Most have insane Cool downs and are sub par as well. Others are easily dodged and no threat at all. That is Anets problem. They think because ele have more skills that they are fine. They dont however take into account that most of the skills even though they are subpar compared to other classes they are also given an insane cool down as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Other classes are fully capable of, and in many cases even encouraged, to swap weapons whenever they’re off CD. That’s particularly true for warriors with 5s swaps. So eles and engis swapping more frequently isn’t much of a reason.

Our greater number of skills is balanced by their higher CDs and the smaller number of effects most cases.

Having less sigil slots after this update is absolutely an indirect nerf to eles and engis. And a fairly significant one at that.

EDIT: I would really like to see a red comment on whether this was considering at some point.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

EDIT: I would really like to see a red comment on whether this was considering at some point.

Don’t hold your breathe i have a thread i made in the general balance forum. Has to be several weeks old now and not a single red message.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Sigils-Ele-and-Engineer-punished/page/2#post3816911

Though seeing as how it has conveniently bugged out and not showing (for me at least) any of the posts in it. I wouldnt be shocked if Anet broke it on purpose.

in Elementalist

Khalic.3561

Though seeing as how it has conveniently bugged out and not showing (for me at least) any of the posts in it. I wouldnt be shocked if Anet broke it on purpose.

Huh. I can’t see anything either, even though if I manually look up the thread it says it has nearly 50 posts and isn’t locked. Never seen anything like that before.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Ash, your link was wrong - the thread might’ve hit the full page of posts, and be directing you to page #2 when you try to open it because it thinks you’ve read all of page 1.

Anyway, this link should work if you want to read it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Sigils-Ele-and-Engineer-punished/page/1

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Huh. I can’t see anything either, even though if I manually look up the thread it says it has nearly 50 posts and isn’t locked. Never seen anything like that before.

I personally wouldn’t be shocked if the Mods messed it up on purpose. Pretty much nothing bad was being said in it just wondering why that Ele and Engineer only get 2 slots No idea on how to fix it either.

in Elementalist

Khalic.3561

Ash, your link was wrong – the thread might’ve hit the full page of posts, and be directing you to page #2 when you try to open it because it thinks you’ve read all of page 1.

Anyway, this link should work if you want to read it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Sigils-Ele-and-Engineer-punished/page/1

And that link works… But went I was in the profession balance forums a bit ago, and went a couple pages back to find the thread itself, it still came up blank. IDK.

Regardless, it still seems like a topic that deserves an answer to explain their reasoning. Given that it is a significant disparity between classes that they’re introducing.