Agreement with evilsardine

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

I wanted to have a post on its own so that it has a little more attention adding to what evil said in his post a second ago… this sort of thing would happen in wow which has been a balancing nightmare forever. This game has pretty good balance but the spec with ele that evil was showing is infact easy to shine over other specs as people are now at the phase of showing off 2v1s and i see it ran over any other spec in eles. It shuts out the viability of other specs in pvp tbh and is going to be flaunted until its tweaked to take away some of its damage or some of its easymode escape methods. My spec is very solid and i play it very well but the way the game was made and the fact that mine isnt op means i cant run around with an easier game experience all around because of my class choice

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The problem with his whole argument is that D/D isn’t overpowered. The problem is it outshines the other weapon options. Nerfing D/D will just leave the Ele in the same spot Rangers, Engineers, and Necromancers are now where the class has such poor design, poor skills, and poor trait choices that their weapons can’t compensate for them.

D/D is only viable with bunker/regen builds and we all know these builds don’t kill things. Even the videos from D/D Eles are all flash and no substance as you watch people fly all over the place for 15mins and kill 1 target.

If the mobility is the complaint, then how do you nerf D/D, which you feel is overpowered, but not nerf Sc/D which no one in their right mind would argue is overpowered? It has the same mobility…

Force the ele to blow their cooldowns like flash and mist early through high burst and the class will crumble. D/D is really the only thing keeping the Ele close to the same placement as Guardians, Warriors, Thieves, and Mesmers. The alternative is to go with the Engineers and Rangers. I’m not sure why you would want this?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

The problem is with people speccing into damage stats as well… the abilities in the spec allow for a ton of dodge and evasion and easy ways out of damage. Ive fought this build which charges and hits me for a 5th my health as a warrior. And the people killing 2v1. Sure any noob can spec def stats and live and run around but the players like me that have a brain can use this with maxed offensive stats and crush other classes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I highly doubt you’re hitting for 5k with rtl… Unless we’re not talking about a Warrior with 24k hp which they can get in berserkers :/

And an Ele in damage stats is going to be killed in 1 knockdown or immobalize. If you manage to get away, the enemies knockdown and imobalize cooldowns are shorter than your mist and flash cooldowns. Chances are they’re shorter than your knockdown cooldowns too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

There is no escaping a D/D. A D/D can prevent any opponent from ever getting away (RTL—>mistform—>teleport)

There is no catching a D/D. A D/D can prevent any opponent from ever catching them (through same mechanics as above)

If you’re winning the fight, the D/D gets away instantly and survives. If you’re losing the fight, the D/D prevents you from ever getting away. Either way, the D/D has the advantage at all times, win or lose.

This is why the build is currently and utterly broken.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

There is no escaping a D/D. A D/D can prevent any opponent from ever getting away (RTL—>mistform—>teleport)

There is no catching a D/D. A D/D can prevent any opponent from ever catching them (through same mechanics as above)

If you’re winning the fight, the D/D gets away instantly and survives. If you’re losing the fight, the D/D prevents you from ever getting away. Either way, the D/D has the advantage at all times, win or lose.

Such bullkitten. Any thief can get away from a dd ele, and opponent with a 1200 range weapon can kill a dd ele.

(edited by Moderator)

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

About this issue, d/d are currently overpowered. Maybe a bit, but building a bunker build with a lot of healing power while at the same time doing more than a decent damage is a problem. Decreasing healing power coefficients in some skills might fix it at least partially. If you think it’s because people improved, try swapping to more aggresive trait distribution (not cookie cutter 0/10/0/30/30) or gear (not soldier’s + cleric’s) and then try to formulate opinion. Or try to play with S/D.

Improving scepter (DT, Shatterstone, even phoenix) should also be on anet’s watch list.

You can argue that 99% of those pro eles use same rotation so you should be prepared but their ability to engage and disengage from fight plus ability to chase practially everyone makes them highly annoying.

(edited by Moderator)

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Haviz, I completely agree with you. I’m not calling for this huge nerf of the class but rather just a few tweaks and improvements to other ele weaponsets so they are more viable. Right now D/D is THE weaponset to use for skirmishes.

Their constant mobility (RTL, Lightning flash, mist form, downed mist form) along with other indirect mobility (frost auras and shocking auras that provide swiftness and stun people who are chasing you) are absurd.

I think they should half the distance that we can travel in mist form. Being able to go back into towers or back into the safety of the zerg after dying is silly. I can travel much further (while INVINCIBLE) than a thief or mesmer can teleport while downed. Not really fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

The problem is with people speccing into damage stats as well… the abilities in the spec allow for a ton of dodge and evasion and easy ways out of damage. Ive fought this build which charges and hits me for a 5th my health as a warrior. And the people killing 2v1. Sure any noob can spec def stats and live and run around but the players like me that have a brain can use this with maxed offensive stats and crush other classes

Unless your warrior is specced with not vit,and toughness, and im talking you put 0 into any of those lines and have no gear for it.

Then yes, your going to be hit hard by ANYTHING.

An ele specced for purely for tanking is not going to have the damage a glass cannon is going to have.
Rather they will have a constant stream of steady damage.
In which case your losing a battle of attrition, which an ele, when played right, is good at.

Are we argueing then that a class that can (and usually is ) spec for a battle of attrition, is OP because they specced for attrition?
Can we also argue that a class that can spec for condition damage is OP because they specced for condition damage?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

EvilSardine.9635

Are we argueing then that a class that can (and usually is ) spec for a battle of attrition, is OP because they specced for attrition?
Can we also argue that a class that can spec for condition damage is OP because they specced for condition damage?

Here’s the thing. The class famously referred to as the class of attrition (by a dev if I’m not mistaken) is the necro. A tanky necro is supposed to be the attrition class. The problem is that right now an Ele can do it better and can escape or chase down anyone he wants. A necro can’t do that. So basically what you have is this really tough to bring down build that can do what it wants. I can die right outside a tower if it wants with no penalty at all.

There just needs to be slight tweaking done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I wanted to have a post on its own so that it has a little more attention adding to what evil said in his post a second ago… this sort of thing would happen in wow which has been a balancing nightmare forever. This game has pretty good balance but the spec with ele that evil was showing is infact easy to shine over other specs as people are now at the phase of showing off 2v1s and i see it ran over any other spec in eles. It shuts out the viability of other specs in pvp tbh and is going to be flaunted until its tweaked to take away some of its damage or some of its easymode escape methods. My spec is very solid and i play it very well but the way the game was made and the fact that mine isnt op means i cant run around with an easier game experience all around because of my class choice

Show me a single video of you 1vs2 in a tournie environment…actually have you even won a tournie? talking about free of course, nobody who play paid would open such thread

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

Show me a single video of you 1vs2 in a tournie environment…actually have you even won a tournie? talking about free of course, nobody who play paid would open such thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

I disagree with your agree!

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

I think he’s mostly referring to wvw. Bunker builds weren’t really touched in pve.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

I think he’s mostly referring to wvw. Bunker builds weren’t really touched in pve.

So why a WvWvW player asking Anet to nerf a profession across the entire board when He hasn’t even touched a real PvP battle with equally skilled opponents?
This thread is rubbish…..

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

So why a WvWvW player asking Anet to nerf a profession across the entire board when He hasn’t even touched a real PvP battle with equally skilled opponents?

I don’t think he wants ele to be nerf in spvp. Anet already nerfed some healing in spvp so they might as well bring pve/wvw version to pvp.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

I don’t think he wants ele to be nerf in spvp. Anet already nerfed some healing in spvp so they might as well bring pve/wvw version to pvp.

These WvWvW runners go around specced for survival and win against 14 years old kids who button smashing away with their GS warrior fully equipped with a dungeon armor..then come to the forum and start cry that ele is OP.

Then Anet listen to these fotm kids who are able to beat 1vs3 some random baddies running in WvWvW with lvl10 armor and they nerf the profession across the entire board…then I go in paid/free and need to play kittening Mozart on the keyboard to beat/survive against r40+/QP 100+ opponents.

These FOTM kids playing d/d ele in Zerg Vs Zerg or WvWvW know nothing of what really means to play this game, so let’s have three kind of balances: one for Zerg Vs Zerg; one for WvWvW and one for TPvP.

I’m a TPvPer why should my profession be nerfed across the entire board, when complaining are people who use ele in pure PvE format ( WvWvW) and in a chaotic 8vs8 where everything goes thx to 7 noobs supporting you?

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

These WvWvW runners go around specced for survival and win against 14 years old kids who button smashing away with their GS warrior fully equipped with a dungeon armor..then come to the forum and start cry that ele is OP.

Then Anet listen to these fotm kids who are able to beat 1vs3 some random baddies running in WvWvW with lvl10 armor and they nerf the profession across the entire board…then I go in paid/free and need to play kittening Mozart on the keyboard to beat/survive against r40+/QP 100+ opponents.

These FOTM kids playing d/d ele in Zerg Vs Zerg or WvWvW know nothing of what really means to play this game, so let’s have three kind of balances: one for Zerg Vs Zerg; one for WvWvW and one for TPvP.

I’m a TPvPer why should my profession be nerfed across the entire board, when complaining are people who use ele in pure PvE format ( WvWvW) and in a chaotic 8vs8 where everything goes thx to 7 noobs supporting you?

Completely agree with you. Most of those “fotm kids” just spam one rotation so people dying to them are on same levels are simple mobs. I’m just saying that pve version of healing skills should be nerfed quite a bit (bring them to the level they’re in pvp)

in Elementalist

EvilSardine.9635

This is correct. Anet balances things out differently between PvP and WvW. For instance, Mesmer confusion damage does 50% less in PvP. Same thing goes for various other abilities (like healing mentioned above).

In PvP an elementalist while incredibly strong, is pinned down to a small fighting area. In WvW, he can disengage or engage whenever he pleases. The mobility and healing is just a bit absurd.

So try not to get your panties in a bunch! If they fix the elementalist in WvW it won’t affect the few people who play PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

This extra post is redundant, isn’t it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Nerf healing and thus have the side effect of make the healing power stat more useless than it already is? Sounds good!

If you made the ele run away, they’ve already lost the attrition battle.

By your logic, no classes should be able to engage and then have an easy way to disengage cuz no fair!! Congratulations, you’ve now effectively made 2 of the squishiest classes have no effective means of staying alive. At least there’s still huge burst, stealth, and clones. Oh wait…

So while they’re at it (I’m probing into the future of balance threads here), they should also remove lightning flash. And blink. And shadow steps. And leaps. Only then everyone would be on an even ground. Might as well take swiftness, move speed signets, immobilize, chill, and cripple out of the equation too since not all classes have equal access.

in Elementalist

Solori.6025

Here’s the thing. The class famously referred to as the class of attrition (by a dev if I’m not mistaken) is the necro. A tanky necro is supposed to be the attrition class. The problem is that right now an Ele can do it better and can escape or chase down anyone he wants. A necro can’t do that. So basically what you have is this really tough to bring down build that can do what it wants. I can die right outside a tower if it wants with no penalty at all.

There just needs to be slight tweaking done.

“when specced for Attrition”
You seemed to have missed that..

Dont know how, but you did.
Now show me that bunker specced necro..
Dun worry, I’ll still be here…….
(hint: Most people you run across for WvW are not specced for bunkering, they are specced for either conditions, or fear bombs, or some random damage spec that doesnt work)

Sorry, but if someone spec’s to survive, their going to survive.

Have you seen a bunker guard?
Or a semi-bunker mes?

Also do you know what skills have their healing seperated in pvp and pve?
Besides healing ripple?

Lastly,
Running away..
No one cares if you run away, sorry to tell you, but a thief does is better.
If you run away then you just gave ground, and failed to be beneficial to your server.

if you think running away makes you OP then more power to you.
that means quite a few classes just got OP by that definition.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

This is correct. Anet balances things out differently between PvP and WvW. For instance, Mesmer confusion damage does 50% less in PvP. Same thing goes for various other abilities (like healing mentioned above).

In PvP an elementalist while incredibly strong, is pinned down to a small fighting area. In WvW, he can disengage or engage whenever he pleases. The mobility and healing is just a bit absurd.

So try not to get your panties in a bunch! If they fix the elementalist in WvW it won’t affect the few people who play PvP.

Just play an offensive build( Like mine with 10 arcana and 10 earth) , stop playing that bunker build with cleric amulet and 1.2k healing power against lv10 warriors, go TPvP..and then come back , try to say again mobility and healing are absurd!

So because I can heal for 1k when having 1.2k healing power…let’s nerf healing power so that I don’t feel “OP” when I play against a 12 years GS warrior, omfg and what about the people who don’t use dwayna runes,30 water and cleric amulet?

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

These posts appear to be trollish in nature. Or shortsighted. Not meaning to offend anyone, but spec’ing for damage will change everything. You will encounter more people with lack of PvP experience in WvW than you would in SPvP and certainly in TPvP.

As Arheundel says, play a real offensive build, and you will see a change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sprezzatura.4865

Sprezzatura.4865

I’ve played D/D ele in a bunker build (0/10/0/30/30) which is the norm i guess and the dmg output that it has isn’t that great (burst wise). Even while piling on all my skills and swapping attunements once they CD I can’t really take down warriors or guardians, or any other class who knows what it’s doing. Yeah D/D have awesome mobility I agree but most of the time you can’t stay still and actually focus on one dude if you want to survive. Nerfing this build will actually screw up the ele as right now staff builds are not that viable (too stationary) and S/D builds are not worth it as u gotta be close ranged, in which case might as well use a d/d build. Reiterating the point that its the other builds that has to be fixed.

And to the OP isn’t it a little selfish to want a nerf to another class because your current class is bugged/unviable for whatever reason?

(edited by Sprezzatura.4865)

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

The problem (in wvw) I guess is that you can stack Power/Toughness/CritDmg and Healing Power without even putting points in Precision and still retain really good amount of critical chance with just fury and some points in air. Those stats make you really tanky and pretty bursty.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KieronWolf.5108

KieronWolf.5108

Just two months ago people were saying how horrible ele was. Now they’re OP because they can Run away better than everyone else.

Right…

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

I don’t get why people see WvW as unskilled. If you’re on a high tier server your chances of running into a group of noobs isn’t very good, at least here in EU.

Yes there is a small PVE element involved but the majority of fights revolve around X vs. X. Personally I don’t run with the Zerg much and often encounter well co-ordinated guild groups that would likely rival many of the tourney teams, the difference is it isn’t just some permutation of 5v5, do you have any idea how much skill it takes fighting say 5v10 or 7v12 or 15v30?

There’s a reason why we gear and build defensively, and while the class has decent staying power it’s not like it has the survivable and destructive potential of a mesmer shatter bomb or a culling based perma-stealthed GC thief.

Please if you’re bored look for something more challenging, just leave us alone, for those of us who have consistently played an Ele main since beta, all the QQ is getting really old.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

It’s true that D/D Ele has good mobility, but we trait for it. Try a D/D ele without Zephyr’s Boon and lightning flash or even just without Zephyr’s Boon. And you will see that your mobility drops like hell.

2 days ago I was running from a team of 5 guys,(W3), their D/D could keep up with me but guess what? Their warrior also keep up with us.

This week I changed server to see new faces and to check how other servers play, and I must say that is a complete different meta.

While on my server most of people go for direct damage it seems that here at least 80% of people that i’m facing are focusing on conditions.

And the approach I have to do is completely different the one I used on my server.
For example I’m used to have my heals to give me advantage, well here that is not easy because if I face more then 1 guy usually one of them puts me poison.

If I charge to a team of 3/4/5 guys for example is a conditions feast, immobilize, chill, poison , confusion, lot’s of bleeds, I have a very high chance to not be able to disengage, it all depends on their classes and their skills.

You can say that I’m facing a more skilled server, well my home server is SFR that reached number 1 last week. So I will have to disagree.
For example on higher tiers you don’t see much Necros, here they are everywhere. Thiefs usually go for burst damage on higher tiers here 80% of them are conditions thiefs .

So I don’t believe Ele is OP. Direct damage builds are easier to face for a Bunker D/D because you can soak the damage and then heal back. But condition damage not so much they just need to poison ,slow,confusion and you will be in trouble if you stay there.

This in a 1vsX scenario, in a 1vs1 Ele is still great even against condition users but this doesn’t make it OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

problem isnt D/D is too strong but that the other weapon options are simply far too weak -.-
this comes both from some issues with high handicap vs no reward on some skills, especially using staff, but mostly from a VERY flawed trait system and the lack of ability to switch weapon sets so to have different range options depending on sitauition. but most diffinately the traits which is just badly made with little to no synergi to combine in different innovative ways.

one major issue with all classes actually is how the skill system works as well, becouse of the limitations they set on what skills can be choosen together they also made it very hard to counter specific skillsets which they kittened up the balance for.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

The problem with his whole argument is that D/D isn’t overpowered. The problem is it outshines the other weapon options.

The problem is that all other professions have inferior weapons? Not likely. The DD ele will be getting a nerf and it has nothing to do with EvilSardine asking the devs to nerf it. It’s overpowered because it has too much mobility. The current metagame CC isn’t strong enough to cope with them. And I don’t see ANet beefing up the CC much. So expect the nerf. Brace for impact or something.

But DD eles will still be viable and still be good after the nerf so don’t get your panties in a bunch. They just won’t be the only choice for sPvP elementalists. Of course ANet might just give the weapon a 30% damage nerf rendering it entirely useless like they did with engineer grenades. Then they’ll suck. But hopefully, ANet won’t do that.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

The problem with his whole argument is that D/D isn’t overpowered. The problem is it outshines the other weapon options.

The problem is that all other professions have inferior weapons? Not likely. The DD ele will be getting a nerf and it has nothing to do with EvilSardine asking the devs to nerf it. It’s overpowered because it has too much mobility. The current metagame CC isn’t strong enough to cope with them. And I don’t see ANet beefing up the CC much. So expect the nerf. Brace for impact or something.

But DD eles will still be viable and still be good after the nerf so don’t get your panties in a bunch. They just won’t be the only choice for sPvP elementalists. Of course ANet might just give the weapon a 30% damage nerf rendering it entirely useless like they did with engineer grenades. Then they’ll suck. But hopefully, ANet won’t do that.

And your QP amount?Rank? Number of tournaments won?Guild Name?

You’ve got none of the above?…I see, definetely Anet gonna start nerf professions based on what happen in WvWvW..a pure PvE format..yeah right -_-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serp.3264

Serp.3264

And your QP amount?Rank? Number of tournaments won?Guild Name?

You’ve got none of the above?…I see, definetely Anet gonna start nerf professions based on what happen in WvWvW..a pure PvE format..yeah right -_-

WvW isnt a “pure PvE format”. It isn’t sPvP, but that doesn’t mean that it is PvE. WvW is just a different form of PvP. WvW was built for unexpected, uneven battles. It isn’t as simple as a 5v5 fight in a caged in arena and to continually insinuate that QP Amount, sPvP rank, and number of tournaments won is the only way to gauge skill is ridiculous.

S3rP
Leader of Eastern Wind [EW]
Yak’s Bend Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

The issue with the D/D build is not just about mobility, it is when you combine that mobility with the burst damage potential (15k AoE from the standard combo), support potential (including heals), and tanking potential that a D/D has.

1v2 isn’t special or even tough as a D/D ele. Go for a 1v5+, burst down someone while tanking with 22k health, 2800 armor and 10 seconds of Protection and then stomp them in Mist form and RTL away. That is when you see just how broken this spec is (Especially when using Reaper of Grenth).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

15k from the standard combo on a bunker spec? You have lost all credibility after saying that. Running cleric gear and pvt armor will result in 1-2.5k burning speed if you crit, 2.5k firegrab if you land it and crit, and 1.2k ring of fire. What are you talking about 15k aoe? Usually the total is somewhere around the middle, around 4.5k, and that’s being generous. Also, firegrab misses 50% of the time. Bunker builds do mediocre damage. You will get nowhere near 15k from the current bunker build O.O.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

The issue with the D/D build is not just about mobility, it is when you combine that mobility with the burst damage potential (15k AoE from the standard combo), support potential (including heals), and tanking potential that a D/D has.

1v2 isn’t special or even tough as a D/D ele. Go for a 1v5+, burst down someone while tanking with 22k health, 2800 armor and 10 seconds of Protection and then stomp them in Mist form and RTL away. That is when you see just how broken this spec is (Especially when using Reaper of Grenth).

Where are you getting these stats? Oh right, I haven’t tried the 30/30/30/30/30 build yet.

We are all happy to discuss the strengths and weakness of this build, but please don’t fling inaccurate info like this so that new players are not misinformed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Oh the mythical 30/30/30/30/30 build, yeah. There’s no way to do 15k burst combos while being anything but a complete glasscannon that dies in 2 hits. There is also no way to have 22k health on an ele, ever (not even with soldiers + 30 water). So stop spilling BS here.

PS nobody cares about balance in Gear VS Gear VS Gear.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I don’t think you could pull off 15k bursts with a bunker ele even with 30/30/30/30/30. You would still have to have gear that gave you berserker + soldier/cleric stats.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Spvpers really overestimate their skill lol. Can a spvper go into wvw and stomp bads? Sure, just like I can go into hotjoin and stomp the bads there. That’s how I learned to play the game, infact. Didn’t switch to wvw until I was bored of consistently getting top scores in hotjoins. But I don’t say tpvpers are bad just because hotjoins are often lower skilled, and spvpers shouldn’t say all wvwers are bad just because the zergers are.

I ran into a thief a little while back while roaming around in wvw. Tiger finisher buff with champion slayer title on. 3-0ed him without even having to try. The guy was awful. I constantly run into thieves in wvw that are 10x as good as that guy. There are some of us who do competitive pvp in wvw zones, and if you spvpers run into us some time, you may be surprised.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

that is an EXTREME exaggeration

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Well… technically you can get 22k HP when you’re in WvW during a breakout event. Though still figuring out how to do a 15k burst along with that.

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

D/D is melee. Without mobility, people would be able to kite us easily and suddenly Anet would need to bestow eles mobility again, as it would ruin the D/D weapon set.

We can’t switch to scepter or staff in order to hit opponents at long range (Mesmers, Rangers etc. etc.) as other professions can, remember? Something for something. Way too much whining for no good reason, folks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joe.1394

Joe.1394

Seriously, enough of these BS which post by thief player who have 0 sense abt ele, what happen to those thief player now? They just sneak in Ele’s forum and make some BS thread to complain how “OP” ele is when they cant defeat a bunker ele? People need to stop feeding these troll. Just check their post and make sure where they from and stop replying these noob thief player. These noob thief player really making ele’s forum worst.

in Elementalist

EvilSardine.9635

Completely agree. I really expect a nerf at this point to it’s mobility and it won’t ruin the class. It will balance it out.

RTL, Lightning Flash, Burning Speed, Mist form, Stability, Frost Aura and Shock Aura + swiftness, Mist Form when downed s too much for a player to counter with even the most CC heavy builds. If you even CC an ele while they have auras you are being CCed yourself most of the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Instead of asking for a nerf, why don’t you ask Anet to buff other weapon sets for the elementalist? Isn’t that more logical since your complaints are D/D outshines all other weapon sets? You guys say that D/D is the only viable weapon set YET you want them to nerf it so it can be as weak as other weapon sets? Then after that you’ll ask Anet to buff elementalists again? Come on guys, let’s use our brains.

D/D ele is flashy, not OP. So what if D/D eles are the best class at running away or chasing people? D/D eles trait heavily to boon duration/toughness/healing so they don’t even have a lot of damage to kill/burst someone effectively.

A D/D ele gives up his/her offensive prowess for the sake of gaining more defensive attributes. It is a fair exchange. I lose damage but I gain survivability and good support skills/CC.

D/D Eles will be OP once they have that 22k HP w/ 2800 armor and deals 15k BASIC burst as per someone who has a 30/30/30/30/30 build…

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

Instead of asking for a nerf, why don’t you ask Anet to buff other weapon sets for the elementalist? Isn’t that more logical since your complaints are D/D outshines all other weapon sets? You guys say that D/D is the only viable weapon set YET you want them to nerf it so it can be as weak as other weapon sets? Then after that you’ll ask Anet to buff elementalists again? Come on guys, let’s use our brains.

D/D ele is flashy, not OP. So what if D/D eles are the best class at running away or chasing people? D/D eles trait heavily to boon duration/toughness/healing so they don’t even have a lot of damage to kill/burst someone effectively.

A D/D ele gives up his/her offensive prowess for the sake of gaining more defensive attributes. It is a fair exchange. I lose damage but I gain survivability and good support skills/CC.

D/D Eles will be OP once they have that 22k HP w/ 2800 armor and deals 15k BASIC burst as per someone who has a 30/30/30/30/30 build…

D/D ele doesn’t give up his offense. All Fotm ele players do by playing bunkers. What needs to be nerfed is their bunkering capabilities so some people might man up and trait for some damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

you can’t say the game is balanced if they keep touching the balance randomly like they have been doing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

D/D is melee. Without mobility, people would be able to kite us easily and suddenly Anet would need to bestow eles mobility again, as it would ruin the D/D weapon set.

We can’t switch to scepter or staff in order to hit opponents at long range (Mesmers, Rangers etc. etc.) as other professions can, remember? Something for something. Way too much whining for no good reason, folks.

This. However I do kinda concede that the cooldown on RTL is a bit too low. Maybe increase it by at least 5 seconds and people will stop belly-aching over it.

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Solori.6025

D/D ele doesn’t give up his offense. All Fotm ele players do by playing bunkers. What needs to be nerfed is their bunkering capabilities so some people might man up and trait for some damage.

What needs to happen first is that A-Net needs to make traiting for damage viable.
Our fire trait line is kinda crappy compared to water, earth and air are about the same, and arcana is just too nice to pass up in some situations.

They need to do a lot of work in the trait’s area.
Then they need to address the burst/Bunker meta..
Cause atm, 0/10/0/30/30 is whats keeping the Ele afloat, unless people want to go back to how it was in august where D/D Ele’s were free kills.

This. However I do kinda concede that the cooldown on RTL is a bit too low. Maybe increase it by at least 5 seconds and people will stop belly-aching over it.

People will cry regardless, also, if you compare the damage, effects,and CD across other leaps. (as well as take into account every other class can be in both melee and range)
Ele’s RTL fits in with the others..

Now if you add a blind to that RTL ( why doesnt this do that already? :I), I would be all for the extra 5 seconds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I’d like you to please elaborate how you can say that a D/D ele does not give up his offense/damage. Maybe it’s me who’s missing the point and maybe you can enlighten me. As for now, I believe Bunker eles win by prolonging the fight and the fastest to go down would be pure glass cannon builds who failed to do an initial burst attack. Though if you are able to prolong a fight w/ a bunker ele, it’ll take you no time to guess his/her attack patterns and it would be much easier to counter eles.

Cheers!