Anyone else feels Eles are in good place now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Elementalist are in a good place in PvP if you assume that the staff, water, arcane doesn’t exist.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I always felt in a good place. At least I always felt there was a place for my ele. But I feel eles used to play so faithfully through the nerfs and constraints, never giving up on their loved class, that the tiniest direct or indirect buff has great consequences on their potency.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Thats it eles are passionate and get the max out of their class. Ele is like a swiss knive. Normaly you are lost against the machine guns, rocket launcher and tanks..
But give it to Mac Gyver and ….

in Elementalist

Posted by: CaptainShrimps.9143

CaptainShrimps.9143

Speaking from a PvP perspective here.

Elementalist is currently jack of all trades, and master of all. There is no build on any class that can win a 1v1 against 10011 d/d or d/f cele ele now, on point or otherwise (except maybe cele engi with egun and hgh but that’s because bunker down is OP). The best any can achieve (i.e. PU Mesmer, SA thief, settler ranger) is a hard-fought stalemate. Cele ele currently can burst harder than a marauder thief using any combination of Drake’s breath, burning speed, ring of fire, and fire grab, all of which will be traited for 33% cooldown reduction. All this while being able to outheal almost any marauder or zerk build’s DPS. All that while being one of, if not the best builds for team support.

Elementalist needs nerfs, period. Many people have already made good suggestions on how to tone down ele without breaking the class. I hope Anet implements some of them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Speaking from a PvP perspective here.

Elementalist is currently jack of all trades, and master of all. There is no build on any class that can win a 1v1 against 10011 d/d or d/f cele ele now, on point or otherwise (except maybe cele engi with egun and hgh but that’s because bunker down is OP). The best any can achieve (i.e. PU Mesmer, SA thief, settler ranger) is a hard-fought stalemate. Cele ele currently can burst harder than a marauder thief using any combination of Drake’s breath, burning speed, ring of fire, and fire grab, all of which will be traited for 33% cooldown reduction. All this while being able to outheal almost any marauder or zerk build’s DPS. All that while being one of, if not the best builds for team support.

Elementalist needs nerfs, period. Many people have already made good suggestions on how to tone down ele without breaking the class. I hope Anet implements some of them.

I do agree ele needs some nerfs, but I think you’re exaggerating. The burst of a zerker/marauder thief is insane and I don’t think cele ele does the same damage.

Also, I’m not so experienced on mesmers and when I was playing it, I was actually killing cele eles with not much issues.

in Elementalist

CaptainShrimps.9143

@Laraley.7695

Once you stack some might, Drake’s breath alone can easily deal over 8k total damage, and burning speed can crit for over 5k against zerker/marauder builds. Fire grab will crit for over 7k.

Edit: a half decent cele ele won’t die to any Mesmer.

(edited by CaptainShrimps.9143)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Seems to be a PvP problem only and should only be adjusted there. Of course, we all know that will never be the case because ANET seems to be stuck on focusing balance around the game mode that has the smallest portion of the player base actively involved in it. Heh

in Elementalist

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

@Laraley.7695

Once you stack some might, Drake’s breath alone can easily deal over 8k total damage, and burning speed can crit for over 5k against zerker/marauder builds. Fire grab will crit for over 7k.

Truth be told, any decent player can easily avoid fire grab and burning speed in sPvP. /shrug

in Elementalist

CaptainShrimps.9143

@cilliard.3986

You’re going to need to dodge two Drake’s breaths , a burning speed, and a ring of fire every time the ele goes to fire. You endurance doesn’t recharge that fast even with energy sigils. Also, have fun dodging firegrab-lightning flash.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

@cilliard.3986

You’re going to need to dodge two Drake’s breaths , a burning speed, and a ring of fire every time the ele goes to fire. You endurance doesn’t recharge that fast even with energy sigils. Also, have fun dodging firegrab-lightning flash.

You don’t need to dodge Drake’s breath, you can just move away from it, especially if you’re a thief or mesmer, you can port away.

You can actually dodge both burning speed and firegrab + LF, it’s not that hard. You will get the beginning of animation and the lightning animation appears just before the damage is dealt.

All of the skills are well telegraphed and you can position yourself well enough not to be forced to dodge so much.

A marauder thief will crit 6-9K on backstabs from stealth, which he can do repeatedly. The counterplay to that is way worse.

in Elementalist

CaptainShrimps.9143

@Laraley.7695

Marauder thief can hit 6-7k backstab with critical strikes trait line as well as executioner in deadly arts. I have no idea where you are getting 9k from. If you are including double proc, that’s only 25% on crit for both fire and air to proc. If the thief has any survivability (shadow arts), he will be hitting for under 6k even with executioner. Also, it’s harder to set up a backstab than it is to do burning speed, and there is approximately the same amount of time between backstabs and burning speeds. Another thing is that most classes now can eat a backstab and hit the thief for more damage than they took while they are revealed.

You cannot run away from Drake’s breath like you can run away from whirling wrath, since Drake’s breath does not slow the ele down, and also has 400 range.

Burning speed is easier to land than you say. Just stick onto someone with Drake’s breath and if they don’t dodge, they are done. If they do dodge, you use burning speed. Then they either have no endurance left for everything else you throw at them or have eaten a massive chunk of damage. Only bad elementalists use ring of fire immediately after burning speed and as a result both get evaded with one dodge.

Also, how are you supposed to know if the firegrab will be stow-canceled or if they will lightning flash to hit you with it? If they stow-cancel the firegrab and you dodged, you’re screwed. If you don’t dodge and they lightning flash, you’re also screwed.

I haven’t even mentioned that eles now spam blind as hard as d/p thieves with blinding ashes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

@Laraley.7695

People, especially thieves and mesmers, who get hit by drake’s breath in a 1v1 situation simply failed to dodge/block/invul/whatever. Against players of equal skill you won’t hit a drake’s breath in a 1v1, like, ever.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

CaptainShrimps.9143

@SchmendrickTheMagician

You clearly haven’t even read my posts.

in Elementalist

@SchmendrickTheMagician

You clearly haven’t even read my posts.

I have. And just because endurance is limited doesn’t mean you can’t dodge melee-ish attacks simply by kiting. Especially mesmers have extreme incombat mobility with the right weapons.

Half a decent mesmer won’t die to a cele ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I can’t beat my friend’s D/F BA ashes in a 1vs1. Just dances around me with all that chill and burning + cripple from earth. Although to be fair he’s probably one of the best eles in the game, strong build notwithstanding and I was on a 12khp guardian with double melee weapons.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

What is all this non-sense about Arcana being mandatory? Water is, true, but not arcana. Come one ppl, stop being so conservative.

I don’t know why people are so scared to play without arcana or even water to try it out it doesn’t cost them anything.

Earth can completely replace Arcana as long as you run water and a energy sigil. Air/Earth/Water with zephyr’s boon will give you enough fury uptime, soothing disruption+energy sigil enough regen+endurance, and earth will give you a ton protection with protection on aura’s+soothing ice. Not to mention if you take Rock solid you can run Ether Renewal much more reliably than any other non-earth build. Oh and I don’t have to mention stone heart.

I would certainly run a fire/water/earth build if I wanted to put on traveler runes instead of hoelbrak which i think is certainly viable.

I find it strange that people won’t experiment more.

I experimented, it’s just not as good.

one of the key elements is prot on earth attune due to EAtt is usable anytime, whereas prot on aura requires a stunbreak, or an aura-generator. this is a massive difference.

evasive arcana by itself is better every other GM.

at the end of the day, you get more from arcane than any other trait line except water.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

What is all this non-sense about Arcana being mandatory? Water is, true, but not arcana. Come one ppl, stop being so conservative.

I don’t know why people are so scared to play without arcana or even water to try it out it doesn’t cost them anything.

Earth can completely replace Arcana as long as you run water and a energy sigil. Air/Earth/Water with zephyr’s boon will give you enough fury uptime, soothing disruption+energy sigil enough regen+endurance, and earth will give you a ton protection with protection on aura’s+soothing ice. Not to mention if you take Rock solid you can run Ether Renewal much more reliably than any other non-earth build. Oh and I don’t have to mention stone heart.

I would certainly run a fire/water/earth build if I wanted to put on traveler runes instead of hoelbrak which i think is certainly viable.

one of the key elements is prot on earth attune due to EAtt is usable anytime, whereas prot on aura requires a stunbreak, or an aura-generator. this is a massive difference.

at the end of the day, you get more from arcane than any other trait line except water.

I personally never went back to arcana after trying fire instead. The damage I get is worth it without any hesitation. Not going for water is doable as long as you manage to have decent condi cleanse but water is still king in that regard.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Hmm Evasive is a great trait I agree there, but I feel that the potential 12-15s of protection from Air/Water/Earth completely overshadows the protection that Air/Water/Arcana gives you. Then you only have 1 or 2 seconds downtime before you could potentially bring it back up. Also prot on aura doesn’t require a stun break since attunement swapping and aura’s are instant cast so if you are stunned swap to air and activate shocking aura.

When earth is on CD you can’t get prot in arcana with Air/Water/Earth you can get it in any attunement with soothing ice, any attunement with tempest defense, and Fire if you get a magnetic leap through fire field. Then of course air 3 and water 4 on command if they aren’t on cd. That is strictly looking at protection in Air/Water/Earth vs Air/Water/Arcana no to mention the -10% damage against melee from the earth minor that applies no matter your attunement.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

My build doesn’t use water.

But water is good because of our cantrip dependency, and my build uses primarily arcanes.
I also have to accept that my build is not optimal simply because it doesn’t use the massive synergy between water and cantrips, which outshines pretty much everything else in sheer versatility (ironically, because I suspect Glyphs and Arcanes were meant to be more versatile).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

@Laraley.7695

People, especially thieves and mesmers, who get hit by drake’s breath in a 1v1 situation simply failed to dodge/block/invul/whatever. Against players of equal skill you won’t hit a drake’s breath in a 1v1, like, ever.

Except Drake;s breath, Burning Speed, and Ring of Fire all have relatively low CD, and tick burning like crazy. No other classes tick burning stack this fast. (except the current Guardian I suppose)
And the point is D/D or D/F Ele is unkillable in 1 on 1 under any circumstances if you play and trait right. They have infinite number of tries until their fire skills finally kill the target during their rotation.

Honestly I’m ok with Ele having decent damage, but I’m not ok that they’re literally and absolutely unkillable in 1 v 1 when trait for water and earth.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

As a staff ele, i find d/x s/f no threat at all. I’m so glad they made blasting staff baseline, preventing me from arcana. I wish Dagger and focus got something baselined too.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Ele is the Top of the food chain, but everyone is complaining about Mesmers on other forums. I hopped on my mesmer just messing around trying to find a phantasm zerk build with Scepter/pistol and sword/torch. Scepter 3 and Duelist will take a Ele to close to death in just 1 channel and I can fire it all from stealth. The confounding suggestions shatter build will force a ele to retreat and die. On my Necro with boon corruption I am happy to see a D/D ele.

I guess since I main Ele when I play most of my other classes I have no issues fighting Ele except on my Medi-Guardian and occasionally my thief.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ele is the Top of the food chain, but everyone is complaining about Mesmers on other forums. I hopped on my mesmer just messing around trying to find a phantasm zerk build with Scepter/pistol and sword/torch. Scepter 3 and Duelist will take a Ele to close to death in just 1 channel and I can fire it all from stealth. The confounding suggestions shatter build will force a ele to retreat and die. On my Necro with boon corruption I am happy to see a D/D ele.

I guess since I main Ele when I play most of my other classes I have no issues fighting Ele except on my Medi-Guardian and occasionally my thief.

I think the Ele you faced may be using the wrong build.
By just switching to Earth, they should live through ANY burst because it literally negates 60~70% of overall damage because you can’t crit him (even if you remove the protection through shatter boon strip). Also they auto-proc frost aura when trait for water, and gain protection and regen when frost aura pops.

In addition, the area denial from D/D fire fields is really hard for burst shatter mesmer to deal with because generally Mesmer still lack cleanse.

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

Hmm Evasive is a great trait I agree there, but I feel that the potential 12-15s of protection from Air/Water/Earth completely overshadows the protection that Air/Water/Arcana gives you. Then you only have 1 or 2 seconds downtime before you could potentially bring it back up. Also prot on aura doesn’t require a stun break since attunement swapping and aura’s are instant cast so if you are stunned swap to air and activate shocking aura.

When earth is on CD you can’t get prot in arcana with Air/Water/Earth you can get it in any attunement with soothing ice, any attunement with tempest defense, and Fire if you get a magnetic leap through fire field. Then of course air 3 and water 4 on command if they aren’t on cd. That is strictly looking at protection in Air/Water/Earth vs Air/Water/Arcana no to mention the -10% damage against melee from the earth minor that applies no matter your attunement.

In that case why Air at all, when you could go earth/water/arcana and get EAtt’s prot and evasive as well, which you can use to blast ice field for another frost aura, plus vigour on crit…

you don’t lose much from air, but gain a lot from arcana.

the other thing i’d argue is that it’s more useful to have high vigour uptime than be able to stack 10+ seconds of prot (which you can nearly get from slotting armour of earth anyway).

ultimately it’s all personal preference. i still find arcana the best Ele line, followed by water, and the synergy between these 2 lines is too great to pass up.

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Small group roaming wise they just seem almost unkillable unless you outnumber them =/ Mesmers aren’t fun at all to meet after patch but eles just seemed insane compared to them, dat sustain, burning, damage, cc and mobility. Oh well, at least burning is getting toned down, it’s way off on my own build too

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

That is somewhat the problem. As an engineer main, and we’re a “jack of all trades” — we end up playing 2nd fiddle to ele (who is also a jack of all trades, seemingly) in every single game mode.

Pve, Fractals, speedrunning, WvW, Spvp. You guys are top tier in everything atm, and is that fair? I’m not sure. Engis certainly need a little love atm.

Engy has access to way more stuff than an ele.
Engy can do anything in the game. We might be both jack of all trades but engy have much more trades on his sleeve. Access to stealth, (much) more conditions, more blasts and so on…
Yes, an Ele have more dmg but engy have more of everything else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

I feel we are more than ok. I’ve been running water arcana fire and have been no less than a complete pita to kill. Damage is sweet too. Just swapped fire to earth so I imagine I’ll be even harder to kill now

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

That is somewhat the problem. As an engineer main, and we’re a “jack of all trades” — we end up playing 2nd fiddle to ele (who is also a jack of all trades, seemingly) in every single game mode.

Pve, Fractals, speedrunning, WvW, Spvp. You guys are top tier in everything atm, and is that fair? I’m not sure. Engis certainly need a little love atm.

Engy has access to way more stuff than an ele.
Engy can do anything in the game. We might be both jack of all trades but engy have much more trades on his sleeve. Access to stealth, (much) more conditions, more blasts and so on…
Yes, an Ele have more dmg but engy have more of everything else.

I agree here and the play styles are way different or different enough that it’s fun. Rifle, Bombs, that new Wolfineer Flamethrower build, Conditions with the new mortar kit, nades, new HGH build. While we are over here moving one trait line or 2, but it still pretty plays the same as it has for 3 years.

I have a Engi too it’s probably my second favorite class and it’s much more versatile than my ele.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Give ele a good arcane Elite. Like:

Arcane Field:
Arcane energy creates an elemental flield relatet to atunement.
Recharge 60. Cast Instant. 360 radius. Duration 6s

Fire: Flashfire. Burns all within for 3 Stacks 6s . Creats a fire flield
Water: Arctic waste. 6s Chill and ice flield.
Earth: Spiked ground. 5stacks bleed for 6s and poison field.
Air: Glitterdust: 6s Blind and Light flield

This would be great and might make picking arcane skills over evasive arcana viable and might be an option to go for offensive arcane over cantrips

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Arcane Field:

This would be great and might make picking arcane skills over evasive arcana viable and might be an option to go for offensive arcane over cantrips

Thats not bad but arcane skills is more about raw dmg than fields and conditions.
Something like:

Arcane Overcharge: All your skills become unblockable and trigger arcane blast on hit. Triggers Arcane brilliance on activation and arcane shield on end. lasts 5 secs, 60sec CD
(now thats trully an elite worth slotting!)

And I’m still waiting my elite signet:
Arcane Signet (45s CD) – passive: gain 1s quickness on att swap. active: recharge all attunements

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Well the field is supporting all other arcane skills. Thats the synergy. If it seem to week then lower the cooldown. It will give more options and make a full arcane set plus elemental surce viable. Then you don´t need staff or those fire flieds. I think it would be great.
But of course a simple arcane Nova for huge damage on a 50s CD or your suggestion will also do the job. Well, your version feels very might ^^.

in Elementalist

scerevisiae.1972

I feel we are more than ok. I’ve been running water arcana fire and have been no less than a complete pita to kill. Damage is sweet too. Just swapped fire to earth so I imagine I’ll be even harder to kill now

On the whole, earth traits are pretty ok. It’s all the earth skills that suck.

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

On the whole, earth traits are pretty ok. It’s all the earth skills that suck.

I have to disagree, it’s really just offhand dagger earth that sucks, and even that isn’t terrible. Mainhand has a gapcloser immobilize, which is cool, as well as a projectile block. Focus obviously has stupidly strong earth skills. Staff has a really solid earth attunement for utility, and scepter has a buff that can be recast for a nice-damage fast 5x 100% projectile finisher, with 3x 20% autos and an AoE blind.

The earth Grandmasters are really situational: Diamond skin only works if you’re tanky and against conditions, stone heart requires exceptional timing (and foreknowledge) and has a long downtime, and written in stone requires signets.
The first two minors are weak and boring, and the major adept traits aren’t all that great either.

I think it’s our weakest line by far.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

OP, pls don’t jinx it, pls don’t jinx it, pls…

ArenaNet, see pic below.

Hahaha I’m trying to not jinx it! Hopefully ANet will see a gratitude post by a main Ele user and be happy that they finally made us balanced at least that’s how I feel

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Arcane Field:

Yeah we’re only missing an Elite fix now. Kinda agree with a complete redo if possible like they did with Guardian’s Tomes

in Elementalist

Yeah we’re only missing an Elite fix now. Kinda agree with a complete redo if possible like they did with Guardian’s Tomes

My biggest problem is that Arcane utilities are all about crits, yet their trait is all about conditions. While Glyph utilities are mostly about conditions, while their trait is all about boons

The 2 mechanics should be switched, arcanes would work much better (in pvp) if they gave boons, while glyphs could actually get playable (in pvp) if they had some more conditions to offer.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Arcane skills just suck besides the bubble. The blast and wave are decent damage guaranteed to crit, but just aren’t worth taking over survivability utilities. I’d honestly prefer them to move all the arcane skills into traits and give us something else.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I feel the arcane healing plays well too. Fast cast and a bit crit damage + blast finisher.
A boost to the trait would also do the job and be very easy doable. Like -33% for arcane skill and longer duration for the effects.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahuyo.3079

Mahuyo.3079

I think we are in a better than we were, I’ve been hitting number that i would have never imagined i would have hit in, before they trait up date.

in Elementalist

Nabuko Darayon.9645

My biggest problem is that Arcane utilities are all about crits, yet their trait is all about conditions. While Glyph utilities are mostly about conditions, while their trait is all about boons

The 2 mechanics should be switched, arcanes would work much better (in pvp) if they gave boons, while glyphs could actually get playable (in pvp) if they had some more conditions to offer.

You are right. I always felt Arcane to be the extra damage properties for Eles but the traits don’t really correspond to that. But if they “balanced” Arcane they would probably add crit chance to traits instead of the skills so I’d prefer them to leave it like this. But yeah the condi on arcane is terrible really

in Elementalist

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

does anyone also think that the earth trait that makes you uncritable in earth a bit too strong, I’d rather have it on a 5-10 sec cooldown
opinions?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Eles usually say no :-).
It counters zerkers. But als ele you do low damage when keeping it up. Its a strong burst absorb when activated right. I does not help against conditions, or most tank builds.
So of course anny zerker expecting to blow the ele fast with heavy hits will be shocked if it´s up :-). And the meta is ….

in Elementalist

DHawk.2687

Eles usually say no :-).
It counters zerkers. But als ele you do low damage when keeping it up. Its a strong burst absorb when activated right. I does not help against conditions, or most tank builds.
So of course anny zerker expecting to blow the ele fast with heavy hits will be shocked if it´s up :-). And the meta is ….

if you look at a thief tho, not considering sword or condi players
you do no more damage, all the ele hast to do is stick in earth, fight won or at least enough time to call for help.
i just think a cooldown on it is better than having it on 24/7, e.g. you see a class is about to use it’s highest burst, switch to earth, let’s say as soon as you are attacked or critted in earth you cannot be critted for 3 sec ( counting in the crit triggering the effect) and has a 5-10 sec cooldown
still strong and viable
thoughts?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Its good to have a zerker counter and especially a crit thief one. It slows down the fight. The last thief did need four attempts and over a minute to bring me down. If i would have run, i guess i would have escaped. Catching him was heavy to impossible … cloaked very fast after attacks and even sat out 15s in stealth … that is much more anoying ^^. (had him to about 20% after the first round)
The condi ranger with lots of cleanse got me much more easy :-). And necros tend to destroy me ….
But i enjoy seeing that zerker meta in despair when they attack me.

in Elementalist

DHawk.2687

Its good to have a zerker counter and especially a crit thief one. It slows down the fight. The last thief did need four attempts and over a minute to bring me down. If i would have run, i guess i would have escaped. Catching him was heavy to impossible … cloaked very fast after attacks and even sat out 15s in stealth … that is much more anoying ^^. (had him to about 20% after the first round)
The condi ranger with lots of cleanse got me much more easy :-). And necros tend to destroy me ….
But i enjoy seeing that zerker meta in despair when they attack me.

well, imho opinion condi is bullkitten anyway
takes little to no skill at all and is very successfull

but that’s just how i feel ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Most popular builds do not run arcane anymore.

Also ele is the class with the highest dps, the highest condi damage, the highest mobility and the highest number of skills that can be equipped at the same time (37, excluding conjured summoning skills, but only the conjured weapon skills).

And a guy in another thread was asking for weaponswap because Revenant has it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I mean were in a strong place as long as you run celest and water/arcane so yeah. if you call that extream lack of build diversity a “good place”, being where we were since beta, then yeah were doing GREAT!

That’s being a bit unfair. Eles ability to apply burning and deal direct damage favors a hybrid build, and its ability to stack might means it can deal serious damage even with defensive stats. So yeah, you can have a durable high damaging, killing machine. You dont like that? Opt for more direct damage and berserker stats. If you manage to survive, you will wreak havoc, its what other classes with worse access to might have to do anyway…..