Celestial and Might Stacking Era is over.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I believe it’s about time to revert a couple of simple nerfs that was the direct result of the PvP Celestial and might stacking meta. This won’t be game changing but should be “baseline” for the Elementalist.

• Blinding Ashes – Revert ICD to 5s. I honestly think this won’t be enough even if reverted as there’s a lot of pulsing AoEs now.
• Drake’s Breath – Revert burning Duration to 3s.
• Ring of Fire – Revert burn stacks when crossing the threshold to 3 stacks.
• Burning Fire – Using Cantrips grants 2 or 3 stacks of Might again

For other traits that got nerfed without relation to the celestial and might stacking meta:
• One with Fire – Activating a signet grants Fire Aura again
• Ride the Lightning – Revert CD to 20s.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Outsider.6051

Outsider.6051

Maybe change Arcane attunement recharge to work with overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Maybe change Arcane attunement recharge to work with overload?

Rather than that, I just want the bug fixed. Let it actually reduce the attunement cooldown like it’s supposed to.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Anet never reverts their nerfs. That would show they made mistakes.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

To be fair, it wasn’t a mistake on their part for these specific nerfs (except RoTL and probably BA).

Celestial Ele with 20~25 might stacks was very strong pre-nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

To be fair, it wasn’t a mistake on their part for these specific nerfs (except RoTL and probably BA).

I actually weren’t referring to old d/d ele nerf as mistakes. I was talking about so many other nerfs before that to other classes too, that were just plain in the wrong direction.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

I actually weren’t referring to old d/d ele nerf as mistakes. I was talking about so many other nerfs before that to other classes too, that were just plain in the wrong direction.

Point taken. But they actually reverted the nerf to Signet of Restoration (PvP) which wasn’t game breaking or anything. I mean if they won’t settle for buffing non-bunker traits anytime soon, I’d settle for these now while waiting. I think everyone’s expecting nerfs to bunker tempest (or tempest in general) for the next balance patch. At least these skills are still usable WvW where D/D is still viable at small scale roaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

why nerf tempest? Its not even super strong. It´s support. The only reason to nerf it would be the decision GW2 don´t wan´t strong support roles that decide teamfights. It´s a holy trinity or not question. Ele needs some buffs that don´t buff sustain. So things that compete to bunker build traits like tempestious aria or unused fire traits…

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

why nerf tempest? Its not even super strong. It´s support. The only reason to nerf it would be the decision GW2 don´t wan´t strong support roles that decide teamfights. It´s a holy trinity or not question. Ele needs some buffs that don´t buff sustain. So things that compete to bunker build traits like tempestious aria or unused fire traits…

Apparently a lot of people in PvP don’t share those views and has been bombarding PvP section with QQs and nerf suggestions that hurts non-support builds more than support builds. And as we all know, Anet has always been lenient (except for the past few balance patches) to those QQers and drops nerf hammers left and right.

I’m still salty as to why that stupid mod moved good a thread that discuss how underpowered non-bunker builds are while letting that stupid “Why is it ok for eles to be unkillable” QQ thread stay in PvP section.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

unkillable … Yes if the oponent is bad he won´t kill an ele … I play ele and warrior. With warrior against average players i can massacer them in 1:2 and it´s fast. Had a 1:3 yesterday and killed one within seconds with my demolisher power build. And i am bad with warrior compared to ele. With ele i need much longer but usualy survive focus longer and dish out support. For me it feels much more like a L2P issue. In 1:1 warriors can be much harder to kill then an ele …. I realy fear that it will be done wrong again damaging non bunker/support builds that are even condiddered weak ….
Diversity is key to this game but i feat Anet seems not recognizing or ignoring that they are loosing players due to lowering diversity. Second point to loose pvp players is bad matchmaking/rank system.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)