Conjure weapon make over? D: Pleeeeeaaaaase??

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Conjure Weapons are… eh. good in certain situations, bad in others? . Im pretty sure conjure weps are supposed to be that way. (conditional, because it helps us with versatility). but honestly i feel i can get much more versatility from armor of earth, mist form, cleansing fire, or any of the glyphs. the only conjure weapon i only occasionally use is the fire gs.. they just are so bland, and i hate to use them because they are restricted! An idea to help them without changing them too much, GIVE THEM MORE TRAITS! one trait that gives 10 extra uses is stupid. Make a fire grandmaster trait that grants unlimited and makes them last an extra 30s or something. instead of the silly extra 30% to fire fields.(broken btw, doesnt work).
thats just an idea, im not REALLY asking for that, but it would make the ENTIRE elementalist player population very very happy to know that anet is alteast looking at conjure weapons, considering changing them atleast. Opinions my fellow eles?

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I was so disappointed the first time I tried the ice bow, and ended up having to be in melee range anyway. I really think they could be really useful if they made them easier/faster to access and actually gave them the ability to cover our weaknesses. The bow would be great in certain D/D cases if I could pull it out for ranged situations. The hammer could be awesome on a staffie who wants to be able to rumble when necessary, or use the shield to get back into a safe ranged spot. The axe, I don’t have much hope there. Maybe if it was straight-up berserker mode, but I don’t really see the point of a medium-ranged weapon to augment a class locked into one-range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Conjures seem to be left over from pre alpha stage of game.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

If there is gonna be any change to conjured weapons, it will be a small one. Things like ‘let us use weapon swap with it’ may sound nice on paper, but it takes time and money to implement.

Seeing as so many classes (Engi, Necro) have a ton of bugs, and every class has a lot of utility skills that just flat out suck, I doubt conjures will get a major rework anytime soon.

With that said here is my super lazy number-tweaks-only suggestion to make them work like engineer kits:
-Put a trait that says “Conjured weapons now have a 10 second cooldown” as the 30 point fire trait.

Instant versatility for the fire tree, and doesn’t affect other existing builds.

OP? I don’t know. Certainly it makes us able to give a lot of people the conjured weapons…

Edit: Simply increasing the duration of conjured weapons won’t make us use them. The problem is that we need all four attunements to be able to survive, and conjures lock us out of them.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

If there is gonna be any change to conjured weapons, it will be a small one. Things like ‘let us use weapon swap with it’ may sound nice on paper, but it takes time and money to implement.

Seeing as so many classes (Engi, Necro) have a ton of bugs, and every class has a lot of utility skills that just flat out suck, I doubt conjures will get a major rework anytime soon.

With that said here is my super lazy number-tweaks-only suggestion to make them work like engineer kits:
-Put a trait that says “Conjured weapons now have a 10 second cooldown” as the 30 point fire trait.

Instant versatility for the fire tree, and doesn’t affect other existing builds.

OP? I don’t know. Certainly it makes us able to give a lot of people the conjured weapons…

Edit: Simply increasing the duration of conjured weapons won’t make us use them. The problem is that we need all four attunements to be able to survive, and conjures lock us out of them.

That would be something…I wish they’d nix the cast time though…just make the thing appear in my hand instantly. They can even remove the ground targeting so it’s even faster.

A few other cheap fixes:
-Conjured weapons create a field effect where summoned (kind of like a banner but way better since the skills are really nice). What that field effect is I don’t know…could just be the stat buff it gives the wielder or something unique like a pulsing heal (frost bow), a stack of might every few seconds (lava axe), a stack of vulnerability every few seconds (hammer) or a block every so often (shield).

-Dropping a conjure with charges casts a spell. A lava font for the axe, a water field for the bow, a swirling winds for the hammer and a magnetic field (reflect in an AoE) for the shield. Or the act of dropping them could break stun or something.

Basically, give some play with summoning them or dropping them. It doesn’t ‘fix’ them, per say, but it gives them more uses.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Conjures already flat-out suck. They’re the worst of all the utilities on the classes I play regularly (ele/thief/mesmer/necro/warr). At best, they are novelty value.

Exactly. In order to justify giving up 20 skills and a utility slot for a conjure, the conjured weapon skills need to be amazing (which they are far far from currently), or they need not to lock out attunement switching.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: nickcosta.8256

nickcosta.8256

I’m currently running something similar to this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Maximum-PVE-DPS-Lightning-Hammer-Build

Aaaaaand works fine for me, I melt stuff with the hammer auto-attack. No survivability but I don’t tend to die much, at all. In cof p1 I die more on my Zerker war in fact. I haven’t tried it in fractals but for just running around and dungeons I find it works.

I tried it in pvp and It’s fun! People aren’t used to see crazy women in pijamas running towards them with a hammer and critting for 4-6k. But if i get pin down or focused no way you are gonna survive.

Anyway, about Conjures.
- Once i got interrupted then I was casting one and didn’t manage to summon it and it went entirely on cd…sucks
- when you go in mist form they disappear..sucks
- the auto-attacks consume charges sucks ( for the hammer It’s fine coz it have a blast finisher on the 3rd hit )
- It would be cool to have no time limitation, but I can generally pick up my second hammer as soon as the time is nearly up (got fire trait +10 charges), and people tend to pick it up coz it’s shiny, not a big deal.

Gandara (TAC)
15chars

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

- when you go in mist form they disappear..sucks

That’s one issue I’ve always had with conjures and/or mist form…they are completely incompatible.

I’d love the devs to just make conjures like banners. If you die or in anyway do something that constitutes dropping an environmental weapon, the weapon appears on the ground. You can be downed while holding a banner and it won’t vanish…I can be downed while holding a frostbow and the bow will be gone for good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Conjures already flat-out suck. They’re the worst of all the utilities on the classes I play regularly (ele/thief/mesmer/necro/warr). At best, they are novelty value.

Exactly. In order to justify giving up 20 skills and a utility slot for a conjure, the conjured weapon skills need to be amazing (which they are far far from currently), or they need not to lock out attunement switching.

Ice Bow and Fire Greatsword is only useful in Ascalonian Catacombs Explorable Mode against Gravelings Burrows

It is pretty sad that the things are only useful in certain area in certain mode in certain condition in certain time against certain target

Anyone even ever tried Conjure Hammer and Shield? I have, they suck balls

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

Ice Bow and Fire Greatsword is only useful in Ascalonian Catacombs Explorable Mode against Gravelings Burrows.

Have you tried Frost Bow against practically any other structure (try trebs in Orr for example)? How about the Harpies in Uncategorized fractal? Ice Elemental in Snow fractal? Anything with a large hitbox, really…same goes for Fiery Greatsword.

It is pretty sad that the things are only useful in certain area in certain mode in certain condition in certain time against certain target

Depends how often those conditions and targets appear…

I heard Lightning Hammer is Elementalist’s highest standard DPS against normal targets if build for it. Shield could be a bit better though…

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

Ice Bow and Fire Greatsword is only useful in Ascalonian Catacombs Explorable Mode against Gravelings Burrows

fiery gs only useful in AC? this is funny, fiery gs got the most dps skill of all game (fiery gs is the king of CoE)!!!!! hammer got realy high dps

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

in Elementalist

Raestloz.7134

fiery gs only useful in AC? this is funny, fiery gs got the most dps skill of all game (fiery gs is the king of CoE)!!!!! hammer got realy high dps

Fiery GS is pretty good for tagging mobs in Cursed Shore, and to run away from chasers, but I have never found any situation other that those that favors Fiery Greatsword to fight instead of keeping all of your elemental attunements and gain access to pretty much everything else.

in Elementalist

Raestloz.7134

Ice Bow and Fire Greatsword is only useful in Ascalonian Catacombs Explorable Mode against Gravelings Burrows.

Have you tried Frost Bow against practically any other structure (try trebs in Orr for example)? How about the Harpies in Uncategorized fractal? Ice Elemental in Snow fractal? Anything with a large hitbox, really…same goes for Fiery Greatsword.

Depends how often those conditions and targets appear…

I heard Lightning Hammer is Elementalist’s highest standard DPS against normal targets if build for it. Shield could be a bit better though…

I go straight to Penitent and Shelter in Orr, and guest to find calm Cathedrals. I have only done fractals twice, and none involves snowy areas, perhaps we’re just (un)lucky. The only harpies I found in fractals are in that Rata Sum like area with herat-exploding jumping puzzle with 2/3 Gundams as the boss

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

I go straight to Penitent and Shelter in Orr, and guest to find calm Cathedrals. I have only done fractals twice, and none involves snowy areas, perhaps we’re just (un)lucky. The only harpies I found in fractals are in that Rata Sum like area with herat-exploding jumping puzzle with 2/3 Gundams as the boss

Well, Ice Bow treats Orr trebs like burrows. Since Swirling Winds don’t protect against their shots anymore, you either have to dodge them while you fight or destroy them but since risen engineers will come and repair them, you kind of have to keep doing it…and some of those Orr fights are dauntingly long.

Snowblind Fractal is probably the 3rd easiest fractal (maybe the 2nd) if only that Ice elemental didn’t take so long to destroy…it’s a structure and it’s very big. You can do alot to them with the bow.

Harpies in the Uncategorized fractal stand on those little platforms and shoot you. For some of them, you can one-shot a harpie with icebow #4 because all the ice bolts will land exactly on the platform they are on, resulting in 100% hits. This is decently good since after lvl 10, they start using an AoE knockback that will hit you off the platform and their attacks get more painful later.

The damage on Alpha using the greatsword or something big like a dragon, is huge….I’d even say brokenly so. I’d almost expect them to nerf it later.

As for WvW, I sometimes use the shield to yank people off keep walls but it’s hit-or-miss most of the time. I find a lot of the conjures work well for when you need them. I doubt they will ever be the primary focus of a build unless you just make them brokenly good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

1- Let us drop conjure weapon on the ground and pick them later like every other environemental weapon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

I have that lightning hammer build (with 25 air instead of 25 fire) which I switch to a staff build if I can’t use the conjures by changing a couple of traits. It’s not that great for pugging since the burning + boons is really not reliable. Like getting 0-2 boons from group. No self might stacking or fury. The damage increase with many boons on you is really noticeable though. I also briefly tried a signet/aura build with 30 earth/20 fire/10 or 20 air. Didn’t really like that either. Actually if anyone wants to suggest a fun pve build which isn’t aura share plz do.

I think they need to 1. improve conjure weapons. maybe no cast time and function as break stun. need some usefulness for spvp. 2. improve air/fire traits so you get a big damage boost goign there instead of arcane/water. Ele really should be doing a lot more dmge than warr in pve on any weaponset, if they have to do separate pvp or pve balance to achieve this then fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

Maybe of the summoned weapons were more like engineering kits they could be a bit better.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

Maybe of the summoned weapons were more like engineering kits they could be a bit better.

If we had engie kit we would be engies…
Having to drop the weapon on a specific place but being able to pick it back would be a good trade.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

Fiery GS is pretty good for tagging mobs in Cursed Shore, and to run away from chasers, but I have never found any situation other that those that favors Fiery Greatsword to fight instead of keeping all of your elemental attunements and gain access to pretty much everything else.

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRab_4rnnFU

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

in Elementalist

Ozymandias.5704

If we had engie kit we would be engies…
Having to drop the weapon on a specific place but being able to pick it back would be a good trade.

Yes, but the point was to have a weapon that just don’t disappear for some reason or other, wasting the skill.

Personally I feel the charges on them are on the low side, even while traited, making them more gimmicky rather than actually useful and something you want to build into.

I want to like them, but I really don’t see the benefit currently outside of having a niche setup.

- Charles Fort

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jester.1546

Jester.1546

Devs: DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BADDIES!!!

FGS and Lightning Hammer are amazing! Do not touch them!!!

Shield and axe could use updates though, and bow needs its auto attack upped to give a conjur build a range viability (FGS can already be used as skirmish range, but I would like to have a real ranged option in my conjur build that isn’t just go back to lolterrible staff dps).

TBH: Fix staff first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Shield and axe could use updates though, and bow needs its auto attack upped to give a conjur build a range viability (FGS can already be used as skirmish range, but I would like to have a real ranged option in my conjur build that isn’t just go back to lolterrible staff dps).

Lightning Hammer is only viable in PvE. Nobody uses it against other players.

But yes, fix the staff first.

in Elementalist

Ozymandias.5704

How are they really viable outside of the super high dps build that is entirely glass?

The hammer skills, and FGS skill are OK, the other things around them I am not really all that happy with. As for axe and shield etc, meh, then need some love.

- Charles Fort

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jester.1546

Jester.1546

For one, its our only good glass build, and I would hate to loose it. “Glass staff” is terrible stingle target dps for example. And, its really not entirely glass. Arcane Shiled + Constant blind spam = you should have no problems taking this build into every single dungeon. As a tip, most LH builds I see people take FGS as the elite, which I think is some what overkill (baring a few fights where you really can’t mele). Try taking glyph of elements and putting out a water ele, enjoy spamming frost armor and aoe heal on your group at a rate even a staff ele really can’t keep up with. I did DM with this build with no problem. The 25/20/0/25/0 trait lay out leaves you with a lot of options to pick up traits for particular fights that might need more condition cleanse or force you to range. Playing a zerker mele ele will make you better at the game which I think all of us can benefit from.

For anohter, they are very potent PVE builds if you got a little more conservative on your traits. 25/10/25/0/10 for example is much more forgiving (vigor on crit in a crit build).

LH can be a big trump card in small group in WvW for several reasons, least of which being that no one expects to see it and hardly any know what it can do. Aoe Blind and blast every three seconds is very powerful even if you are in full soldiers with a bunker build. Not to mention, it gives all ele weapon load outs access to static field as well as a knock down and a gap closer. Extremely powerful weapon when used creatively. (I run stoneline staff in WvW and will often roam with one out just to have the field to keep air 5 on cd as many groups expcet to see one or tow fields isntantly and then no more, leaving me with a suprise/extra field). FGS requires no traits to make it powerful and usefull in PVE or WvW. It is both great as an escape tool and as a front end group dps tool. Surely more useful than the elementals in WvW.

People complaing about lossing it if you get interupted… don’t get interupted. It should interact with msitform in a more intelegent way though. Bow shiled and axe all blow and need reworking. (Really bow just needs all its numbers improved and maybe the aoe cd reduced). One suggestion I’ve seen that might be nice is to just roll all 4 into one utility, and let you swap between them via utility sawp (thereby retaining the util swap nature of ele while giving you these weapons.) Of course, this would butcher the glass build and kill our only good sustain dps.

(edited by Jester.1546)

in Elementalist

Ozymandias.5704

Good points. I might test it more myself, although I got my characters mostly for WvW and all berserker gear tends to kill me if I get a little bit of lag or such things

Already got a Guardian running dungeons for me (using a crit hammer build), but might test it out there as well.

- Charles Fort