Conundrum

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I want someone to explain why Ride gets a 40s cooldown when you miss when warriors Rush doesn’t. They’re pretty much the same thing both 1200 even though rush moves further than Ride the Lightning. Double cooldown when you miss makes absolutely no sense. Sounds like someone from Anet taking their anger out on Elementalists. Haha that’s not balance

AmateurNet

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Simple enough, Anet does not want Elementalist being the best Mobility Class out there. They want Thief to be at the spot light. And since a lot of players complaining how Eles be such a harassment with RtL, they QQ it and in the end, Anet listen to them and we got what we are today.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Nihilus.3015

Simple enough, Anet does not want Elementalist being the best Mobility Class out there. They want Thief to be at the spot light. And since a lot of players complaining how Eles be such a harassment with RtL, they QQ it and in the end, Anet listen to them and we got what we are today.

Thieves shouldn’t have speed and stealth, it should be one or the other.

AmateurNet

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Stealth.9324

Apparently, Anet does not think so, they want Thief the most slippery Class among all and they want Eles somewhere in the mid-line of everything, excel at none. If I say they are mediocre, I am really pushing it -….

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It’s half cooldown when you hit, glass is half full XD Either way they wanted it to be used in combat like mesmer mobility.

If I heard the last podcast correctly they want the mobility to be on the flaming greatsword. At least I hope that doesn’t get nerfed…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Stealth.9324

I believe we are the only class that uses our Elite skill just for escaping.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

It’s half cooldown when you hit, glass is half full XD Either way they wanted it to be used in combat like mesmer mobility.

If I heard the last podcast correctly they want the mobility to be on the flaming greatsword. At least I hope that doesn’t get nerfed…

Actually they said that they are gonna nerf the greatsword mobility…

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The power of a profession is determined by its entire build, not a single skill. It’s perfectly normal that some skills are better than others, without making the profession overall stronger. An elementalist is much stronger than a warrior in pvp, for example.

Also, RTL is a more reliable escape skill because it is not affected by chill and cripple slowdown.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

RTL is anymore reliable of an escape skill than Rush.

Yes, Rush is affected by cripple and chill, but it is also affected by swiftness. And, when traited, can break through immobilize.

RTL is unaffected by swiftness, cripple, and chill. However, immobilize can stop it dead in its tracks.

I’d rather have Rush. At least I am still moving. And since on a greatsword with another movement ability and a short cooldown, I’m positive that I can get away.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

RTL is anymore reliable of an escape skill than Rush.

Yes, Rush is affected by cripple and chill, but it is also affected by swiftness. And, when traited, can break through immobilize.

RTL is unaffected by swiftness, cripple, and chill. However, immobilize can stop it dead in its tracks.

I’d rather have Rush. At least I am still moving. And since on a greatsword with another movement ability and a short cooldown, I’m positive that I can get away.

Also you can use instant skills while rushing, but can’t use anything (not even attunement swap) while RTLing.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

emikochan.8504

Not sure really I was listening to the podcast and they said they wanted to “look at” fgs, it’s a mystery.

They’re probably just going to screw over the 4-against-a-wall high damage ability T_T

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Not sure really I was listening to the podcast and they said they wanted to “look at” fgs, it’s a mystery.

They’re probably just going to screw over the 4-against-a-wall high damage ability T_T

To paraphrase: “Using greatsword, great for mobility, looking into that for balance.”

Ever single time when Arenanet said that “they will look into it” since launch, HUGE nerfs have followed. So you’d better prepare for the complete destruction of all movement skills on the greatsword.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

izzy said in the post below ele is not supposed to be a mobile class.
Mobility is a tradeoff for versatility (they should explain him that ele is not versatile at all).

And FGS is giving undeserved mobility.
Izzy said also he will look at water and arcane

Trust me
quit this profession…..i play since release and i clearly see how they are treating the class.

They planned it as a ranged DPS, nerfed into oblivion…and after people dicovered other way of playing (staff bunker, D/D bunker etc etc ) they kept nerfing it into oblivion pretending they ever foretold those.

But seeing at patchnotes its clear they never had a clue on this class and they never wanted it to be more than mediocre.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

emikochan.8504

I don’t think ele will ever stop being fun for me (I’m not the kind of person that needs to be optimal to have fun), though having an alt engineer is always handy, when one is nerfed the other is buffed it seems :p

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Asurmir.7956

I’m not the only one here that envisioned being a mage that preferred close-combat, am I? Surely, others of you enjoyed the power and control over your character in games like SKYRIM, right?

I loved GW1. I enjoyed it immensely. So, when GW2 was announced way back when, of course I was ecstatic.

I was looking for a melee mage, because I grew tired of sitting on the back lines. At first, I thought it was going to be the mesmer, and it seemed like the skills of the sword favored such a play-style. Obviously, I was wrong, since the best use of a mesmer is staying out of range whilst clones do the damage.

I realized early, that Necros are just not speedy enough to keep up. So, I went to Ele. And I fell in love with d/d. Then came the nerfs; the denial that Anet didn’t know what they were doing; then more nerfs; and finally a loss of hope.

I don’t want to play any other archetype other than a mage. And I don’t want to rely on AI to do my dirty work. I just want to be able to have fights where when I win:

1. I didn’t need my teammate to come turn a 1v1 into a 2v1
2. I didn’t win by sheer dumb luck (I’ve gotten to the point where if someone loses to an ele, then I question their skill level.)

Is that too much to ask?

I just want balance: Defenses I can actually rely on (healing is a poor defense that must be traited for). And decent traits options in all trait lines.

Centaur’s were right, my will may be broken.

/Soapbox

Conundrum

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

I don’t think ele will ever stop being fun for me (I’m not the kind of person that needs to be optimal to have fun), though having an alt engineer is always handy, when one is nerfed the other is buffed it seems :p

this is a personal view but its even the main issue and guilt anet has.

Nerfing things like RTL, Evasive arcana for ele, but we could say the same with Illusionary celerity with mesmer (increasing overall CD of nearly ALL skills of 20%) has a direct impact on FUN.

You have less things to do and just more time to autoattack….

That is the same reason why i never considered conjured build….i don t find myself into playing like 111111311111131111

I would even preferred to see ele HP halved rather than RTL nerf.

P.S: when you think anet know whakittens doing just think
Is staff viable in PvP?

Well it used to be, and was even the second strongest bunker after guardian.
Funnily Staff was whack a moled….guardian was not.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

……wut

Conundrum

in Elementalist

emikochan.8504

……wut

QFE lol, RTL nerf was justifed, though would have been nice to get some increased range on a couple of other mobility skills to compensate, I guess anet want us in the necromancer camp, so they should give us the heavy pressure they can get.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

I don’t get why anet thinks ele shouldn’t be mobile. Why did they add easy 100% swiftness uptime, various blinks and dashes then?

Obviously, I was wrong, since the best use of a mesmer is staying out of range whilst clones do the damage.

Melee mesmer does way more damage, besides, full ranged is for wuss.

(edited by Winds.3087)

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Asurmir.7956

I don’t get why anet thinks ele shouldn’t be mobile. Why did they add easy 100% swiftness uptime, various blinks and dashes then?

Obviously, I was wrong, since the best use of a mesmer is staying out of range whilst clones do the damage.

You show me the pvp proof, and I will jump ship.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

I don’t understand this either. Ele is the profession with least health and armor and no active defense at all (a la stealth or blocking). So why SHOULDN’T it be one of the most mobile professions?

Conundrum

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

“Looking into it” has previously been used for future buffs as well. Anet knows that the conjures are not being used for their intended purpose, so I hope any change to FGS will be to rebalance it (nerfing the mobility, buffing something else).

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

QFE lol, RTL nerf was justifed, though would have been nice to get some increased range on a couple of other mobility skills to compensate, I guess anet want us in the necromancer camp, so they should give us the heavy pressure they can get.

The level of RTL nerf was NOT justified. It was very strong when it was 1500 range on a 15s cooldown. It would be balanced as 1200 range on 20s or even 900 range on 15s. The ENTIRE reason for the nerf was pvp where eles could RTL away from a fight, heal up, and be back 20s later in a ball of lightning. That is easy to do when one skill takes you 1500. If they simply made it a 900 range skill on shorter cooldown it would be more reliable damage, and not a “get out of jail free” card. This change made ele way less fun for me (I need my elite to get away from people?), and made the RTL unusable as it frequently misses/bugs and still goes on 40s cooldown. I mean, what is the point of 1200 range on the current iteration, when it RARELY hits from that range anyway. It is really only useful for damage from ~200 range near the end of a burst.

I also completely disagree with the stance that versatility = no mobility. D/D is not all that versatile, it has 4 collections of similar spells with different flavor. Also, when people play D/D they are speccing for maximum mobility. Is that such a crime?

IMO, the best short-term solution is to roll an engie with rocket boots, but that will be nerfed too.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Winds.3087

It was like this, I still can’t accept screwed mesmer’s best melee defense in last patch. :c

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

It was like this, I still can’t accept screwed mesmer’s best melee defense in last patch. :c

Blurred Frenzy is still an evade, sho how is the melee defense screwed exactly?

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Asurmir.7956

Are you saying that mesmer can no longer be a force within the 600 range? Because, if you are, then I’m afraid that you cannot help me.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Winds.3087

Are you saying that mesmer can no longer be a force within the 600 range? Because, if you are, then I’m afraid that you cannot help me.

Try activating shocking aura when mesmer use blurred frenzy on you, and you’ll see why!

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Try activating shocking aura when mesmer use blurred frenzy on you, and you’ll see why!

And you thought that was balanced before? This is nowhere near the nerf that Mesmers make it out to be.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

And you thought that was balanced before? This is nowhere near the nerf that Mesmers make it out to be.

Just like RTL’s nerf is nowhere near the nerf that Elementalists make it out to be.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Winds.3087

Personally I don’t even care about pvp. Nerf them to the ground in pvp, just leave pve and www alone. Thats true with EA and RTL nerfs too.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I just can’t see them touching water and arcana except for them to make it recharge longer or something weird.

Water is fine imo they did hit up bountiful power with a nerf. That could be looking into water thing Byron mentioned.

BTW what podcast are you guys talking about?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

This is how they should nerf the FGS’s movement:
Step 1: Reduce FGS’s #3 flame whirl distance to match the warriors whirl or less.
Step 2: Don’t touch the skill in any other way.

MUHA, HAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COUGH COUGH HA.

Why am I laughing? Don’t be a baby, use the FGS for combat and you will see why (mainly use #3 while chilled or imobed).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Conundrum

in Elementalist

emikochan.8504

The level of RTL nerf was NOT justified. It was very strong when it was 1500 range on a 15s cooldown. It would be balanced as 1200 range on 20s or even 900 range on 15s. The ENTIRE reason for the nerf was pvp where eles could RTL away from a fight, heal up, and be back 20s later in a ball of lightning. That is easy to do when one skill takes you 1500. If they simply made it a 900 range skill on shorter cooldown it would be more reliable damage, and not a “get out of jail free” card. This change made ele way less fun for me (I need my elite to get away from people?), and made the RTL unusable as it frequently misses/bugs and still goes on 40s cooldown. I mean, what is the point of 1200 range on the current iteration, when it RARELY hits from that range anyway. It is really only useful for damage from ~200 range near the end of a burst.

I also completely disagree with the stance that versatility = no mobility. D/D is not all that versatile, it has 4 collections of similar spells with different flavor. Also, when people play D/D they are speccing for maximum mobility. Is that such a crime?

IMO, the best short-term solution is to roll an engie with rocket boots, but that will be nerfed too.

Oh well, we’ll see. But in the last sotg anet said that the new high speed boots were intentional due to the large elixir R nerf.

They want eles to be middle of the road for mobility, not as slow as necros, not as fast as thief. Our active defence is our heals and constant vigor, with energy sigil it’s a million dodges. Though I think the way we are stuck in arcane/water is an issue (and one Anet wants to solve)

I’m pretty confident for the future. nerfing rtl in non-critter environments isn’t that bad.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

making eles free kills for more mobile classes is more important than fixing the perma stealth exploit or mesmers and not being able to destroy their portals in wvw or general pvp.

or actually fixing stealth so its not completely overpowering get out of jail free card.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Nihilus.3015

I don’t understand this either. Ele is the profession with least health and armor and no active defense at all (a la stealth or blocking). So why SHOULDN’T it be one of the most mobile professions?

Exactly, why can’t their poor balance team see this.

AmateurNet

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Asurmir.7956

Oh well, we’ll see. But in the last sotg anet said that the new high speed boots were intentional due to the large elixir R nerf.

They want eles to be middle of the road for mobility, not as slow as necros, not as fast as thief. Our active defence is our heals and constant vigor, with energy sigil it’s a million dodges. Though I think the way we are stuck in arcane/water is an issue (and one Anet wants to solve)

I’m pretty confident for the future. nerfing rtl in non-critter environments isn’t that bad.

Our heals and vigors are traited defense (basically passive defenses we have little control over), not active defense (defensive skills ingrained into our attunement mechanic or weapons). It wouldn’t be so bad to have traited defenses if these defenses were present in each trait line.

This is quite the problem because other professions can trait for vigor, have the necessary healing, and put in an energy sigil for the same amount of dodges. And they still have defensive mechanics to fall back on in the meantime.

(edited by Asurmir.7956)

Conundrum

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Umm so I found the video with izzy. It isn’t super doom and gloom inevitable nerf some of the posts seemed to insinuate.

FGS – He said looking into like Lord Byron said

Mobility – Izzy said we don’t want it to be the fastest profession but the ele does need mobility. You have seen us start to trim some of that down and we feel that we are satisfied with where its at.

Arcana and Water – Basically said looking at other considerations so that people don’t feel like they have to take them. Example given is Fresh Air trait.

I didn’t take anything as far as FGS was getting nerfed more like its interesting that people use it for mobility and we talked about it. Nerf could come but it could also mean that the other skills on FGS need to be better so you use some charges for straight damage. Acknowledge that it is interesting people use it more for mobility and that it is also a trade off.

The mobility thing sounds like they are finished messing with Ele’s mobility. If he said they feel its in the spot they want it then I can’t see them ever changing RTL back to how it use to be.

I definitely didn’t take anything about arcana or water being nerfed sounds like fresh air is something they are watching to see how it goes. So if anything I would think its possible there might be a fire equivalent in the future if they like how fresh air works out. At the least thats what I took from the video.

He pretty much addresses all this in the last about 6 minutes of the video if anyone wants to look at it themselves.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I think they went over the top doubling the CD on it. While I do like that you get a lower CD if used for combat, I think that it could easily be lowered.

Didn’t they just give engineers something similar to former RTL?

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

They gave engineers a better RTL.

The change they should have made to RTL is thus:
25 sec cd, fixed 1500 bug to 1200.

I don’t use /D anymore due to burning speed and RTL bugging out during lag. (300+ ms all the time).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Conundrum

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Izzy should play the ele and see how the versatility he talks about is non existent…

Also that is already compensated by lowest HP, lowest damage, lowest armor, and 2X CD for half duration…and most of all being locked in a range.

If for them RTL on S/D is an issue, move it to dagger mainhand….and move the aura to offhand.

But D/D needs mobility or is just unfun with current rtl CD.

And no 25 seconds are TOO MUCH.
1200 range is OK but being a skill designed to miss at range it doesn t deserve anything more than 20.

GW2 balance:

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

Not true. I use my elite on my mesmer (though its works much better).

The power of a profession is determined by its entire build, not a single skill. It’s perfectly normal that some skills are better than others, without making the profession overall stronger. An elementalist is much stronger than a warrior in pvp, for example.

Also, RTL is a more reliable escape skill because it is not affected by chill and cripple slowdown.

But a warrior can break immobilize and reduce the duration of chill/cripple. Not to mention they can wipe conditions clean with a signet and change weapons or use a utility for another gap opener (sword/bulls charge). Our only spec that comes near their mobility is D/D pre RTL nerf. I am not saying warriors are great in pvp, but their mobility is much better than ours even if RTL was on a 20 second cd.

I would accept the currently RTL if it made you immune to immobilize/chill/cripple (they should be removed when you use RTL and should not be applied to you when your in lightning form).

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

Conundrum

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Not true. I use my elite on my mesmer (though its works much better).

But a warrior can break immobilize and reduce the duration of chill/cripple. Not to mention they can wipe conditions clean with a signet and change weapons or use a utility for another gap opener (sword/bulls charge). Our only spec that comes near their mobility is D/D pre RTL nerf. I am not saying warriors are great in pvp, but their mobility is much better than ours even if RTL was on a 20 second cd.

I would accept the currently RTL if it made you immune to immobilize/chill/cripple (they should be removed when you use RTL and should not be applied to you when your in lightning form).

The trait that Warriors just received Elementalist had it first Geomancer’s freedom 20 points in Earth trust me its there. I am pretty sure warriors are probably meant to have more mobility than Elementalist its just something you guys are going to have to live with. I wouldn’t say they blow elementalist out of the water but it is pretty close.

Movement skills break immobilize is a decent trait but its just like attuning to water to remove a condition. Its also very conditional as it only effects 1 condition.

You mention d/d is the spec if you want that mobility if you want the movement skills break immobilize and the mobility that your talking about a Warrior has to go 10 in defense 20 in discipline.

If they run those mobility traits then go put on a Bow and a Rifle no mobility? If they put on a Axe and shield no mobility? Mace? Hammer?

Not every warrior is running around with a GS and Sword/shield. If that is the case as you perceive it then Warrior could make the same claim that their only mobility is GS and Sword/Shield.

The grass does sometimes appear greener on the other side but this is not the case with warriors.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Why? Really?

Elementalists often spec for healing. Elementalists were being used as healing roamers. Essentially, they would RTL into a fight, healing ripple, dodge, trident, cleansing wave, and RTL back out. RTL is not effected by movement impairing effects, so there was no stopping it. In particular, this made 5 ele teams brokenly OP. It also effected WvW, because ele’s were “zerg breakers”, charging into a zerg, causing chaos, and RTL’ing back out.

Classes with similar or better mobility to the ele cannot heal group mates the way that ele can, and classes with similar or better mobility cannot “zerg break” because their escapes are effected by movement impairment (or in the thiefs case, they lack the fortitude).

Anet decided DPS roamers were okay but healing roamers were game breaking, so they reduced an ele’s ability to do so. It’s still very possible to do though.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Conundrum

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Why? Really?

Elementalists often spec for healing. Elementalists were being used as healing roamers. Essentially, they would RTL into a fight, healing ripple, dodge, trident, cleansing wave, and RTL back out. RTL is not effected by movement impairing effects, so there was no stopping it. In particular, this made 5 ele teams brokenly OP. It also effected WvW, because ele’s were “zerg breakers”, charging into a zerg, causing chaos, and RTL’ing back out.

Classes with similar or better mobility to the ele cannot heal group mates the way that ele can, and classes with similar or better mobility cannot “zerg break” because their escapes are effected by movement impairment (or in the thiefs case, they lack the fortitude).

Anet decided DPS roamers were okay but healing roamers were game breaking, so they reduced an ele’s ability to do so. It’s still very possible to do though.

The counter that some will say is that RTL nerfed affected D/D eles that didn’t build bunker.

{Thief}

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If the range of RTL not being affected by cripple/chill was the problem in WvW, why not just change that instead of blast the skill into near-oblivion?

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Raven.9603

The counter that some will say is that RTL nerfed affected D/D eles that didn’t build bunker.

Of course it did, and thats not fair. But realistically, how are you going to only nerf RTL for bunkers? If I could change RTL, I would increase the radius and make it still count as a hit on evades/invuln’s, to make sure the cooldown isn’t set to 40 if used offensively. Maybe knock “miss” timer down to 30 seconds. 40 seconds is overkill considering they nerfed the healing power scaling with evasive arcana, which is where most of the group heal came from.

I play every class except warrior, so if we’re talking about things that arent fair, look at rangers. All common pets for all specs nerfed 30-50% just because of 1 bunker spec, basically breaking the entire class without compensation. Shortbow turned to crap just to make longbow look nicer by comparison. Imagine they gutted every offhand dagger skill just to make focus more attractive?

Ele’s have some good things. RTL nerf sucks but its not the end of the world.

Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

Before anyone says Rush > RTL, you should try out Rush. It’s a terrible skill, it misses frequently for no reason, the only way to reliable use it is to escape, unless you got crippled/chilled/immobilized. I’ve played both ele and warr for a very long time, and I’d trade Rush anytime for RTL. I’m not saying that RTL is good as it is, but nerfing Rush which is already pretty useless won’t solve anything.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Just like warriors hundred blades… Good warriors are very good at pvp though. The elementalist just has skills that work good for pve and pvp (all mediocre though). Lots of warriors try to use a pve build (greatsword) in pvp which tends to fail alot resulting in QQ we need buff.

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

The trait that Warriors just received Elementalist had it first Geomancer’s freedom 20 points in Earth trust me its there. I am pretty sure warriors are probably meant to have more mobility than Elementalist its just something you guys are going to have to live with. I wouldn’t say they blow elementalist out of the water but it is pretty close.

Movement skills break immobilize is a decent trait but its just like attuning to water to remove a condition. Its also very conditional as it only effects 1 condition.

You mention d/d is the spec if you want that mobility if you want the movement skills break immobilize and the mobility that your talking about a Warrior has to go 10 in defense 20 in discipline.

If they run those mobility traits then go put on a Bow and a Rifle no mobility? If they put on a Axe and shield no mobility? Mace? Hammer?

Not every warrior is running around with a GS and Sword/shield. If that is the case as you perceive it then Warrior could make the same claim that their only mobility is GS and Sword/Shield.

The grass does sometimes appear greener on the other side but this is not the case with warriors.

I play a warrior (pvp only) so I know the color of the grass on both sides
Warriors are not in a greatspot in pvp but have you seen a skilled warrior use the sword/GS for moving around? I have. I have played against a warrior who had 0 deaths in the game just because he knew how to use his mobility.

Running a GS/sword makes no sense outside of WvW but it is quite effective in WvW.
Most warriors go 20 in discipline because 15 in discipline is near mandatory for more weapon swaps. I agree that bow/rifle/hammer/mace/axe has no mobility but thats the decision the warrior makes for not using a GS/sword in at least 1 weapon set.

TLDR: I am saying that if RTL was reduced to 20sec cd (or even 25sec), an elementalist would still easily lose in a mobility game to thieves and warriors (not so sure about rangers).
Also you should remember that RTL is not universal either. We need an offhand dagger equipped :-)

Just like warriors hundred blades… Good warriors are very good at pvp though. The elementalist just has skills that work good for pve and pvp (all mediocre though). Lots of warriors try to use a pve build (greatsword) in pvp which tends to fail alot resulting in QQ we need buff.

As I was saying, if you see a good warrior using his GS or S or bullscharge effectively, you will be in awe at their mobility lol. GS is not fail in pvp since it can be used just for its mobility but yea it is not as effective as the new sword (post patch) or axe/hammer/longbow.

Why? Really?

I do not understand your post completely since its conflicting. You say Anet wanted to nerf roaming healers. They reduced the heals on EA for this. But the RTL post nerf still gives a 20 sec cd if you use it to engage therefore allowing a disengage 20 seconds later. But if you use it purely for running away or roaming (main area for this is WvW), you are screwed over with a 40 sec cd. Most of us feel that this should not be the case and we should have a balanced cd for both instances.
(I say 25 sec since 30 is still too high).

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

Conundrum

in Elementalist

Raven.9603

I do not understand your post completely since its conflicting. You say Anet wanted to nerf roaming healers. They reduced the heals on EA for this. But the RTL post nerf still gives a 20 sec cd if you use it to engage therefore allowing a disengage 20 seconds later. But if you use it purely for running away or roaming (main area for this is WvW), you are screwed over with a 40 sec cd. Most of us feel that this should not be the case and we should have a balanced cd for both instances.
(I say 25 sec since 30 is still too high).

Why is it conflicting? They wanted to reduce healers roaming ability, so they nerfed the ability that enabled roaming. Previously, if an Ele was at point A and needed to heal at point B, they would RTL right off the bat with no target. 10 seconds of running later, they are at point B, and RTL is off cooldown again, so they can toss their heals and escape immediately. Now, an ele will save RTL until they are in LOS of the fight for the shorter cd, which will require them to stick around for 20seconds, or they will not use it on the way to the point so they can use it on the way out (more likely, given the lack of LOS on many points coming in).