Curious about our hp.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Hey folks.

I was pondering after a mate logged first time in weeks. He plays Ranger & his hp was quite a lot higher then mine, despite I`m full exotic clothies (Clerics, easiest to craft).

Got miffed at a few things so logged my level three Necro bank alt, went into WvWs & saw it had 26.434 hp with just whites & the odd random blue item. (also making it possible to jump from places I know would kill my Ele` & similar Ele` faceplant falls the Necro just goes Meh! & carries on running)

This seems silly to me, that another clothie can have double the hp that another clothie can, but I was wondering…

What is the average hp of your Elementalists?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I believe the jump issue is due to the lack of a fall damage reduction for the profession and not the HP. But yes, the profession has the lowest base defense stats.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

I believe the jump issue is due to the lack of a fall damage reduction for the profession and not the HP. But yes, the profession has the lowest base defense stats.

Which is made up for with our amazing offense and the best burst damage in the game…

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Not saying there isn’t an issue, just confirming that those stats are indeed lower.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

Warriors/Necros w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 18,372
Engineer/Ranger/Mesmer w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 15,082
Elementalist/Guardian/Thief w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 10,805

So yeah, ele’s are low man, but not the only one getting the shaft.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Well thieves get’s stealth which makes up a LOT for the lack of base HP, I don’t have a lot of experience with guardians, what do they get? Higher base toughness? Block chance?

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Just been in WvWs again, my hp was a meagre 14.747. I`m guessing low, (compared to my level 3 (even if made to 80) of 26.434 isn`t amusing at all)
I`ve a Guardian rat alt, don`t recall it`s hp but it`s also low, but it can block/out-heal/out-damage Ele` any day.

As for Thief, sheesh! 100% stealth some of them, the one thing I`m sure Arenanet said wouldn`t happen in game, unless I recall wrongly /shrug

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

the elementalist is tied with the guardian and thief for the lowest base health, but, that doesn’t mean survivability; if you build for survivability, you’ll get it. if you don’t? you’ll die.

the professions are balanced differently too. necromancers have almost no burst damage and are largely condition based (from what i can remember and faced). that’s why they have 18k health.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

thief and guardian both get better armor (medium and heavy respectively)
The other classes using light armor are mesmer and necro, who get middle and high hp respectively.

Elementalist is the only class with the lowest hp and armor.
the “tradeoff” is supposed to be our 20 normal skills compared to most other classes 11 or so.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Imo, it should look like this:

Engineer/Ranger/Elementalist w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 15,082
Mesmer/Guardian/Thief w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 10,805

Who’s with me? I still like wearing light armor though because light armor looks sexier.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

Imo, it should look like this:

Engineer/Ranger/Elementalist w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 15,082
Mesmer/Guardian/Thief w/out gear at lvl. 80 — 10,805

Who’s with me? I still like wearing light armor though because light armor looks sexier.

I like that idea, Mesmers have their clones to make up for low HP, but we don’t.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

pahldus.1678

Elementalists have the highest damage output and 2nd highest burst damage, plus with earth available almost all the time(save for when it is on cooldown) they also have high survivability just in a different way.

Health is not the be all end all of survivability, and in my opinion having played both mesmer and elementalist, ele has a lot more survivability. Not saying mesmer are complete glass cannons, that actually goes to the thief. The thief gets stealth to mitigate that problem, just like the mesmer gets clones and the ele gets earth skills. Every class has their method of mitigating damage, you just need to play to those if you plan on doing much PvP. As to PvE, it is not hard to survive, just strafe and you will be fine. When I strafe I so rarely get hit in PvE at least until the higher levels it makes the game a little boring. So now I only strafe if I think there is a chance I might go down.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Elementalists have the highest damage output and 2nd highest burst damage, plus with earth available almost all the time(save for when it is on cooldown) they also have high survivability just in a different way.

Health is not the be all end all of survivability, and in my opinion having played both mesmer and elementalist, ele has a lot more survivability. Not saying mesmer are complete glass cannons, that actually goes to the thief. The thief gets stealth to mitigate that problem, just like the mesmer gets clones and the ele gets earth skills. Every class has their method of mitigating damage, you just need to play to those if you plan on doing much PvP. As to PvE, it is not hard to survive, just strafe and you will be fine. When I strafe I so rarely get hit in PvE at least until the higher levels it makes the game a little boring. So now I only strafe if I think there is a chance I might go down.

I play staff Ele and imo, the Earth attunement doesn’t provide much defense. The only real defense skill is Earth 3, which repels ranged attacks for 5 seconds but has a 30s CD. Earth 2 is a bleed (not a defense move). Earth 1 stacks weakness which is good and counts as a defense based skill I suppose, more like a debuff. Earth 4 and 5 are also debuffs but they miss a lot imo.

Water attunement is much better for defense. Use water 4 and water 2 to keep people away from you and heal with water 3 and 5 in conjunction with arcane wave and evasive arcana (and eruption) for massive AOE heals.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

pahldus.1678

Well, honestly I don’t use the staff, and I should have added water when talking about survivalability. I have found staff only really good for WvW or large scale events. I normally run scepter/dagger.

I will trust you when you about water being more important on the staff, due to my not playing it all that much. But any way you slice it, eles have plenty of survivability even without a large HP pool.

I normally avoid saying things like l2p, but with this class as squishy as it is, it is really important that players learn about all the tools in their bag of tricks and when to use them. I know they said this is supposed to be the second easiest class to play according to ANet’s comments about the order they released them, but I largely disagree. Players coming in from other games really struggle with the squishy classes here. Those of us that played an elementalist in GW1 have a little better understanding as we played with water and earth before. We understand these are our defensive tools.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

I had (still use it) an Ele` in GW1, fun times.

Whilst I seem to be lucky lately in getting kills & out of some scrapes I probably shouldn`t be able to, I`ve almost completely given up using Staff unless I`m swarmed by others from our server, just not worth it.

Erm, weird thing.

Entered WvWs after todays servers rematches & noticed my hp was even lower. Exact same gear, daggers etc. Went to Orr just in casse some local bug & no change.

Anyone else lost a huge chuck of hp?

Attachments:

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Screenie added. 13,415 hp now. wtf?

Attachments:

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Whilst I seem to be lucky lately in getting kills & out of some scrapes I probably shouldn`t be able to, I`ve almost completely given up using Staff unless I`m swarmed by others from our server, just not worth it.

Erm, weird thing.

Entered WvWs after todays servers rematches & noticed my hp was even lower. Exact same gear, daggers etc. Went to Orr just in casse some local bug & no change.

WvWvW server bonus. I guess you were winning in the last matchup and now with the reset are not.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Wrong on the first two accounts. Thieves, mesmers, engineers and warriors definitely have better burst than us, maybe some other professions too. Our lack of quickness being the handicap for bursting. Elementalist damage also definitely isn’t the highest. It used to be during the betas, but our damage is only 54% of what is was back then, that’s why complaints about our slow kills were so common when the game was bit newer. Daggers are okay though, but staff dps is just awful.
High survivability is very true though, especially if we spec for it.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Erm, weird thing.

WvWvW server bonus. I guess you were winning in the last matchup and now with the reset are not.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

Hmm, could be that, but I`m still sure my hp was higher the previous weeks when we lost.

Shame this doesn`t show on the buffs icons also.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

I wrote a post here about the HP loss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Missing-total-HP/first#post684298

I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Is the max increase of HP, 3% for tier 3 (final tier)? If so that doesn’t account for the 938 loss that my char totals.

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

(edited by Neil.6138)

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Femanon.4028

Femanon.4028

Orbs of power have recently been removed from WvW. Your realm likely held multiple orbs the last time you played (you don’t have to be winning to have the orbs). Those gave a whopping 5% HP boost per orb held (among other stat increases). That would put you at 15427 HP if your realm had all 3.

As you can see they were very powerful which is why they were removed. They would usually make a server that was already winning even stronger.

[TUP] Femanon – Elementalist – http://www.youtube.com/user/deadai

(edited by Femanon.4028)

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Orbs of power have recently been removed from WvW. Your realm likely held multiple orbs the last time you played (you don’t have to be winning to have the orbs). Those gave a whopping 5% HP boost per orb held (among other stat increases). That would put you at 15427 HP if your realm had all 3.

As you can see they were very powerful which is why they were removed. They would usually make a server that was already winning even stronger.

Nah, it`s not down to Orbs.
They were removed before last weeks match & I was at 14.747hp, post this weeks reset I`m at 13,549.
Even with the 5% in theory, I`ve a huge clump of health missing I can`t afford.

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Femanon.4028

Femanon.4028

Nah, it`s not down to Orbs.
They were removed before last weeks match & I was at 14.747hp, post this weeks reset I`m at 13,549.
Even with the 5% in theory, I`ve a huge clump of health missing I can`t afford.

Ah, ok. We can throw that theory out then. After the reset, your HP was 13415, now it is 13549 which is exactly 1% more suggesting you now have 1% HP bonus.

But let’s look at your raw health. 13415 HP is 10805 base + 2610 bonus. Unless I’m wrong this would suggest a bonus vitality of 261. Have you tried adding up all the vitality that you should be getting from your gear plus your water trait points? If it comes out more than 261 then that would probably mean there’s a bug (or some of your gear is broken?).

[TUP] Femanon – Elementalist – http://www.youtube.com/user/deadai

Curious about our hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I play staff Ele and imo, the Earth attunement doesn’t provide much defense. The only real defense skill is Earth 3, which repels ranged attacks for 5 seconds but has a 30s CD. Earth 2 is a bleed (not a defense move). Earth 1 stacks weakness which is good and counts as a defense based skill I suppose, more like a debuff. Earth 4 and 5 are also debuffs but they miss a lot imo.

Water attunement is much better for defense. Use water 4 and water 2 to keep people away from you and heal with water 3 and 5 in conjunction with arcane wave and evasive arcana (and eruption) for massive AOE heals.

It’s also based on traits. There’s an arcana trait that gives you protection each time you switch to earth, and earth trait that boosts your toughness while in earth and that trick you mentioned with water about keeping people at bay, well, earth has 2 snares as well.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.