D/D Still Viable?

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Q:

As the title says, I’m trying to find out from you all if this build is still viable and worth sticking with. I’ll explain my question more below. The problem I’m having is that the D/D Ele was recommended to me right after release and it has always been the most fun, exciting character I have. Sadly, I deleted my Ele some time ago as I felt that this build had to do things 2x as hard to get the same results as just about everyone else. That, and those rotations are easily predictable against a skilled player.

After recently returning to the game and releveling my Ele again, I’d really like to know what I can honestly expect from this character in PvE, sPvP, and WvW. With that, I would like to ask you all to give me your brutally honest opinion as, despite the issues with HoT, I’d really like to find a reason to stick with GW2.

Here is my current build: Power D/D Yes, I don’t like the celestial builds and while I’ll use one in sPvP, this is the build/gear I use in WvW and PvE. I’ve not yet crafted my ascended armor set yet until I know for certain this is the character I will focus on. I also use a condi/perplexity build in WvW.

1. PvE: While I’ll bring a staff along, I really hate playing any other style and the D/D build listed above. I used this for dungeons but changed over to the frost bow and the FGS for extra DPS. It was a blast! Outside my guild though, if people see that I’m D/D, they ask me to login to another character or just kick me from the group. Does D/D now completely suck in PvE even if you bring along the bow and GS?

2. WvW: I loved those duels in WvW! Course these days, it’s more like a 1v50 when I try to roam around… Anyways, is the D/D Ele still strong as a roaming build/class as well as with groups?

3. sPvP: In sPvP I tend to run the typical celestial meta build and while it’s fun, it often feels like it is only effective at wearing folks down. Yes, by the 3rd time through fire the target is pretty much gone but that takes some time! As a sPvP team, do you want a D/D Ele with you?

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

FinalPatriot.8034

Not to be a nagging pain in the butt but any thoughts you all might have would be greatly appreciated. I really want to find a way to make this character work in all areas of the game but I’m just not sure that’s even possible.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

PvE – Anything works in PvE as long as you have a good group with you. People were kicking you in dungeons because while D/D is completely viable, other setups are so much better in terms of DPS and utility. However, you’ll probably need to play at a higher level when playing in HoT maps since playing Melee is always a hassle against hard hitting mobs.

WvW – still one of the more versatile and easier builds to play. Will still struggle against the condi meta.

PvP – I play Auramancer DD and it’s loads of fun for tempest. I’ve tried DPS Fresh Air DD, Minstrel Auramancer, and Celestial Auramancer. Since I play Auramancer, I slot shouts instead of cantrips it’s expected that I go down faster if I get ganked/CC chained compared to Cantrip DD. DD ele will still be a good point holder (DF is still way better). I’m no pro player so I don’t know how it will fare in top tier tPvP.

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

FinalPatriot.8034

PvP – I play Auramancer DD and it’s loads of fun for tempest.

Kyon, could I trouble you for a link to your build? I’ve not really looked into the tempest much. I had been running a condi version in tPvP and now with the human racial elite skill, it might be worth checking into again. It was just nice as nobody played the build and my Ele was immune to condi’s until you got her health below 90%.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

PvP – I play Auramancer DD and it’s loads of fun for tempest.

Kyon, could I trouble you for a link to your build? I’ve not really looked into the tempest much. I had been running a condi version in tPvP and now with the human racial elite skill, it might be worth checking into again. It was just nice as nobody played the build and my Ele was immune to condi’s until you got her health below 90%.

It’s nothing special as many others use the build. You can probably see them if you searched the latest topics on this forum.

Fresh Air – Air, Earth, Tempest. Just get the usual traits that synergize in Air and Earth and get the Overload traits in Tempest. For PvP, I suggest taking Glyph of Storms for more AoE pressure.

Auramancer – Air/Earth/Arcana, Water, Tempest. Same basic Aura traits in Air/Earth and Aura traits in Tempest. Get soldier runes and shout utilities. Up to you if you wanna go defensive/offensive. Playstyle is like playing a more supportive DD.

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

D/D tempest is viable as for d/d ele your going to be more about landing burst dmg in fast then getting out you cant stay in melee for long as an ele all though a tempest can.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

D/D Still Viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

dnd condi builds still works.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister