Devs: Ele's too good, nerfs incoming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

There is no self rally in mist form…

It’s too late for intellectual dishonesty and think skins, the OPness of D/D is so blatant that Anet already spotted it and declared incoming nerfs.
Also everyone has seen Eles self-rallying during downed even in 1vs1 scenarios where no other death could have caused it, so denying it is pretty useless.

I’m actually on your side guys and wish you for healing/rally-only nerfs.
High damage+control+protection+mobility is already a lot more than other classes can get into one build, having OP healing/rallying on it just made it easier to spot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

It’s too late for intellectual dishonesty and think skins, the OPness of D/D is so blatant that Anet already spotted it and declared incoming nerfs.
Also everyone has seen Eles self-rallying during downed even in 1vs1 scenarios where no other death could have caused it, so denying it is pretty useless.

I’m actually on your side guys and wish you for healing/rally-only nerfs.
High damage+control+protection+mobility is already a lot more than other classes can get into one build, having OP healing/rallying on it just made it easier to spot.

It was a bug and it was fixed…IT WAS NOT INTENDED…I’m seriously scared of people these days…is he just me who is maybe too smart or people who simply are not smart enough to add 2+2?

self rally…are you people serious or what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Reading comprehension needed?

From the 28 January latest patch notes:
Vapor Form: This skill will no longer allow players to rally off of kills that grant zero experience. This skill will now also properly restore death state on completion.

The only way for an Ele to self-rally was by the death or expiration of summons. Since you can’t use any skills while in Vapor Form, in 1vs1 that meant the only way to self-rally was by applying conditions on it before dropping or on the off chance that the duration run off, no other way was possible for an Elementalist to self-rally and denying the facts is useless. Also, they fixed this “issue”.

Anet spotted the OPness of the D/D build in sPVP not anywhere else. It’s only an issue there, and mostly because people need to learn how to play and counter it (it’s easy)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I hope you guys have alts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

If they nerf ele’s I simple wont play. As long as whinny baddies complain about AoE and their apparent inability to dodge we will have this nerf hanging over our heads.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

If they nerf ele’s I simple wont play. As long as whinny baddies complain about AoE and their apparent inability to dodge we will have this nerf hanging over our heads.

This about nails it. Rather than fix what needs to be fixed, ANet caters to the lowest common denominator and breaks what few things work.

This is the reason I shelved my mesmer. There was a bug on that class causing 200% mind wrack damage. Instead of fixing that bug , they “apologized” for making mesmer pve “not suck” and hotfixed out the boon stacking that made, for a short time, mesmer support work.

Baddies complain, they knee jerk, people who know how to play pay dearly for it.

byebye mesmer might stacking
byebye viable aoe
byebye to the one viable elementalist build – which SHOULD be the gold standard for everyone else, not broken to match how broken their crappy trait synergy is.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

In WvW the majority of the time I’m killed, it’s by thieves who are stealthed. Yet, it’s Ele’s that need nerfing? Riiiiiiiight…….

Quite obvious there’s someone high in the company that likes being a thief.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

@Fishergrip: got a case of class envy? We use the tools at our disposal, yes it’s fun jumping in and tickling the enemy then running away like a little girl. Guards don’t “jump” into a zerg, they plough through them instead.

Comparing a bunker guardian vs. a bunker ele the only difference is ele’s have more mobility and comparable damage.

No, I don’t get class envy because I play all classes. I have leveled 4 chars to 80, have 67 ele, 10k wvw kills, so I’ve played enough to know a bit about the game and not be extremely biased in my views as most people seem to be on class forums. The ele is simply a bit too good right now and the fact that Anet is talking about nerfing them proves that point. If you think guards plow through zergs you haven’t played one. Guards get killed by zergs more than any other class because they can’t run away. They might be able to survive a bit longer than most while being focus fired, but they can’t do much to escape being focused. If your allies aren’t close by, a guard in a zerg is dead.

Then your doing it wrong? Really this can go both ways. I do have a guardian and quite a few guardian friends who do this all the time. They don’t need anyones help whatsoever to do that. And they can get out of that zerg just fine. And last longer than I can.

Sure an elementalist can do it. Yes I do it all the time. On both my elementalist AND my guardian. But if the zerg was smart (which more often than not t hey aren’t) they would immobilize me… gasp. shocker. you can immobilize an elementalist who is using RTL. Who knew.

Don’t assume please.

*edit – And before you accuse me of believing nothing is wrong with the elementalist let me correct you. A small tone down on the healing for sPvP is in order. The scaling for the elementalist heals are a bit too high with most of them having a 1 to 1 ratio. If that was scaled down for some of them that would do just the trick. Don’t need to touch anything else at all, save buff the other trait lines to make other builds viable. The class is built around boons to support it, it’s how it can have a bunker spec at all. Just need to bring the healing scale just a tad and it wont be so OP.

Guardians do less damage and have less mobility for increased defenses. It’s the trade off. Elementalists have more damage and mobility in turn.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

(edited by Raif.9507)

in Elementalist

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I have a low level elementalist but I play against them all the time on my other mains, and I have no idea why people complain so much about eles. They are strong for sure, and maybe need some tweeks but they really aren’t that bad.

*This is all based on WvW, I have no idea on sPvP

(edited by purpleskies.3274)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Good. D/D eles are very overpowered right now. They are practically invincible. They have the best bunker and mobility in the game, makes no sense.

Well, someone will always be conceived as better than the other, no doubt. I agree that they are pretty wild though. Whenever one has a favorite class and has trouble with something in particular, it often ends with an extreme subjective view.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

If the devs have three brain cells, they will swap the regen on soothing disruption to something else.

it nerfs 30 water cantrip builds of the following:

- no more access to regen outside of water attunement
- 3 fewer condition removals.

it’s a small tweak that will make a world of difference where it matters without gutting elementalist group utility.

I’d say also make dagger water #2 only heal others, not self. This will keep group support builds while nerfing solo builds.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

I hope Anet understands that D/D Ele is overpowered not due to damage/control/mobility, but due to the OP healing (can get from 20% to full in seconds) and ability to self-rally through downed mist form.

I don’t want to see you guys overnerfed, just removed the fact I need to plow throw 2 healthbars to get a kill on you.
It’s kind of frustrating when I down a D/D Ele, he rezzes up, heals to full and then he kills me as I’m out of cooldowns.
If I got you down, I should win, just like against any other class.

No, you shouldn’t always be secure that you won when downing an opponent. Given enough time, a warrior can get back up and has the option to vaporize you, stomp and then avoid death. Mesmer backstab trick when downed is nasty as well. With around 2500 armor I have been downed quickly by an around 6000 crit on me. From there it is who has most tricks up their sleeve, shortest cast time on 1st attack + damage and whatnot on CD.

Ok, when you have the lowest healthpool in the game, healing with GoEH, plus you have 600+ healing, would seem like absurdbly much. I sometimes look at guardians healing from 20% to 100%. Then it sinks in again… oh yeah, they have a naturally low health pool. A 6000hp heal will look less impressive on a necro than an ele, for example. Bear that in mind. Don’t go for what “looks insane”, but facts. If you have less to heal, you can do it more easily. The healthpool can be lowered much more easily as well.

An no, people can’t self-rally. If one is downed, and you see another player downed that is about to be stomped, you will naturally target and damage the poor sod to get your rally. Or target and damage a monster/animal/dwarf/Tom Cruise for that matter.

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

If the devs have three brain cells, they will swap the regen on soothing disruption to something else.

it’s a small tweak that will make a world of difference where it matters without gutting elementalist group utility.

I’d say also make dagger water #2 only heal others, not self. This will keep group support builds while nerfing solo builds.

Well, eles are squishy. What would you give them instead of the ability to heal and cleanse conditions?

in Elementalist

plasmacutter.2709

Well, eles are squishy. What would you give them instead of the ability to heal and cleanse conditions?

The removal of regen from water 3 would bring the profession into line on survival as it is.

If you want to remove more healing from 30 water builds without gimping the profession, you need to add passive evasions to traits in the fire and air lines, or better yet to the weapon skills.

Thoughts on that: soothing mists no longer affects you, but all auras now block 3 attacks. Something along that line.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Ether Renewal. Yes, Eles do have a #6 slot. Please don’t forget.

The removal of regen from water 3 would bring the profession into line on survival as it is.

If you want to remove more healing from 30 water builds without gimping the profession, you need to add passive evasions to traits in the fire and air lines, or better yet to the weapon skills.

Thoughts on that: soothing mists no longer affects you, but all auras now block 3 attacks. Something along that line.

If you are going to add passive evasion traits to the ele, then RTL needs range reduced or cooldown increased. It basically just dumbs the build down so you press less buttons. Though I think that’s an acceptable compromise if their escapability is brought in line with other professions.

PS: Every Aura blocking 3 attacks is also very clearly superior when compared to shelter, renewed focus, distortion, shield of wrath… Even blurred frenzy, because that ability self roots.

Making it so while an aura is active you cannot lose more than 10% of your health in one hit is probably the way I’d go about it if I have a say.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

in Elementalist

plasmacutter.2709

More evidence the devs are knee-jerking:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Hiba-s-counter-to-multi-ele

at least SOME people are finding builds to break down eles.

it’s evidence that if condie builds didn’t suck so hard, D/D bunker would be more stoppable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

if there gonna nerf ele’s they have to nerf warriors, guardians, thieves and mesmers, or there will be no point in using ele’s.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jacobay Wimbley.1907

Jacobay Wimbley.1907

@Fishergrip: got a case of class envy? We use the tools at our disposal, yes it’s fun jumping in and tickling the enemy then running away like a little girl. Guards don’t “jump” into a zerg, they plough through them instead.

Comparing a bunker guardian vs. a bunker ele the only difference is ele’s have more mobility and comparable damage.

No, I don’t get class envy because I play all classes. I have leveled 4 chars to 80, have 67 ele, 10k wvw kills, so I’ve played enough to know a bit about the game and not be extremely biased in my views as most people seem to be on class forums. The ele is simply a bit too good right now and the fact that Anet is talking about nerfing them proves that point. If you think guards plow through zergs you haven’t played one. Guards get killed by zergs more than any other class because they can’t run away. They might be able to survive a bit longer than most while being focus fired, but they can’t do much to escape being focused. If your allies aren’t close by, a guard in a zerg is dead.

I disagree with this. I have an 80 thief, ele, guard, and memser. A 0/10/30/30/0 staff guard will plow through any zerg. An ele d/d bunker build can’t do that and they perform poorly against zergs because they can be cc. You take away an ele’s mobility you shut the class down. Thief/Ele are hands down the best pvp class and wvw roamer and i think that is where nerf cry’s come in because those classes are hard to counter. A well played ele is almost impossible to kill 1vs1. The problem is most forum warriors are asking for 1vs1 balance and GW2 was never meant to be balanced around that. Unfortunately with the upcoming ele nerfs it looks like they are going to balance around that and now the class will suffer the effects in wvw group play and pve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oznug.4290

Oznug.4290

Hey designers,

You’re digging in the wrong spot.

I dont know of any elementalist that can do 21,000 damage in 2 seconds….and then vanish. This should warrant more attention than nerfing our class into oblivion.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

Hey designers,

I dont know of any elementalist that can do 21,000 damage in 2 seconds….and then vanish. This should warrant more attention than nerfing our class into oblivion.

Seal of approval!

http://i.imgur.com/t9nxsbS.jpg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fellnine.6905

Fellnine.6905

regardless of whether eles are or are not OP, i just wish they would make other trait lines (fire/air and a bit of earth) more viable, at the time they nerf bunker

we have one good build style really, has to be deep in water and arcana, 10 in air unless using a staff. the other weapons are only good for certain things like focus defending from trebs in WvW

d/d bunker has like 2 hard cc, one immobilize, and some slows. not a cc bot, not a burst/sustained dps like others. it has good mobility/heals/survivability.

dont make us unable to fulfill different roles without compensating.

in Elementalist

Dyno.9467

Can anyone remember blizzard doing the same with mages, nerfing them in the burning crusade, because of pvp, but they were weak as kitten in pve because of these nerfs. from glass cannon to just glass, to become the worst and most pointless class in the game,

I hope thats not gonna happen here, Im not gonna be using a class thats gonna be cannon fodder, not this time.

Asura – Desolation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

The only thing they have to do is decrease the 1 year burning and significantly decrease condi removal OR improve condi removal on all classes. No need to nerf D/D damage/healing from water magic but boon spam, burning stacking for a century and condi removal should be looked at.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Smooth Marc.8743

Smooth Marc.8743

They could just get rid of all the healing power amulets in pvp.Stacking healing power turns 1.5k heals into 2.7k heals which is the real problem.

Ether renewal condition removal needs to be toned down but that’s really it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What would you say if our healing was reduced, but our hit points were increased to compensate?

That would actually buff glass cannon builds while making bunkers less unkillable…and to be honest, I don’t think unkillable stuff should be in the game to begin with. Even eles. And even players that have been playing for 1000+ hours. Tough yes. Unkillable no.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

The problem I have is that in every MMO I’ve played, people will always come up with some sort of clever build+gear concept that once it becomes popular, too often the nerf it. Why can’t other players just come up with some clever methods of defeating it?

/sigh…

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Honestly lots of em. I find it funny how panic sets in when everything said so far applies to SPVP only. Either way well be forced to adapt and there isn’t much wrong with that. I know one thing though. The next time anyone creates a build remotely OP they best not share it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

Honestly lots of em. I find it funny how panic sets in when everything said so far applies to SPVP only.

exactly. I play pve in this game for almost 1000h by now. Made hundrets of dung runs and saw dd ele running dung only ONCE.
The question is – how this can be OP in pve? why literaly NOBODY use it?

There are some scepter/dagger dung runners (saw them like 5 times) but 99% eles use staff in dungs.
If you meet a dd ele in dung is has to be me
I use damage oriented dd for all dungs/fractals, all bosses… with maybe 2-3 exceptions where close combat is not an option (at least not for ele). I think on deso I am the only one active dd dung runner – please dont nerf me

As for pvp I was aware of very effecive counter necro build. Someone in this post also mentioned there is also engi counter for dd (I would like to face one to confirm this). Imho in all proffesions you can make a build that will end in 1v1 draw (endless combat) and in many – not all – proffesions you can make a deadly counter build for dd.

ps.
Ofc if dd ele RTL run out of combat he just lost a fight or lost a node in spvp its not a draw or win like many QQ implying (ofc thief is and always will be the best possible deserter in gw2).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cenka.9357

Cenka.9357

Honestly lots of em. I find it funny how panic sets in when everything said so far applies to SPVP only.

exactly. I play pve in this game for almost 1000h by now. Made hundrets of dung runs and saw dd ele running dung only ONCE.
The question is – how this can be OP in pve? why literaly NOBODY use it?

There are some scepter/dagger dung runners (saw them like 5 times) but 99% eles use staff in dungs.
If you meet a dd ele in dung is has to be me
I use damage oriented dd for all dungs/fractals, all bosses… with maybe 2-3 exceptions where close combat is not an option (at least not for ele). I think on deso I am the only one active dd dung runner – please dont nerf me

As for pvp I was aware of very effecive counter necro build. Someone in this post also mentioned there is also engi counter for dd (I would like to face one to confirm this). Imho in all proffesions you can make a build that will end in 1v1 draw (endless combat) and in many – not all – proffesions you can make a deadly counter build for dd.

ps.
Ofc if dd ele RTL run out of combat he just lost a fight or lost a node in spvp its not a draw or win like many QQ implying (ofc thief is and always will be the best possible deserter in gw2).

I just had to respond to this, hello fellow dd dungeon runner! I do fracs an dungeons on DD as well, but you are correct. o.o I have never seen another DD user in the multiple groups that I’ve ran with, dungeons or fracs are usually staff runners

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I just had to respond to this, hello fellow dd dungeon runner! I do fracs an dungeons on DD as well, but you are correct. o.o I have never seen another DD user in the multiple groups that I’ve ran with, dungeons or fracs are usually staff runners

I’ve been running D/D a lot lately in dungeons.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Erm, don’t Elementalists have the weakest healing skills in the game?

try playing a warrior!
I WISH my warrior had Ether Renewal!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Erm, don’t Elementalists have the weakest healing skills in the game?

try playing a warrior!
I WISH my warrior had Ether Renewal!

no you wouldnt! in spvp people dont use it anyway cause it goes in full cd if its interrupted and for 3.5 channel time it heals less than mending :P
Your hp is so big that gives the impression healing is lower when base healing of ele is actually lower in most healing spells !
You want more cond removal!!Not ether :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: hans.7265

hans.7265

Is this for spvp or Pve ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Is this for spvp or Pve ?

With what they said they will be potentially nerfing (removing some of the effectiveness of the Water tree/attunement and all the small things combine to make a really strong package) it’ll likely affect both.

The only possible differences they could make is split durations on boons for pve and pvp or possibly reduced effects in pvp and pve.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: hans.7265

hans.7265

I can only speak for Pve, spvp i only play sometimes for fun.
I think its the problem with making Water Attunment a healing based Attunment in a game without healers. Really makes the Elementalist outstandig to other classes.
I also found Staff healing to much i can heal in full Berserker Gear my grp full or outheal most dmg on melees with the AA and the geysir. I would love to see some healing toned down and get some better use out of Water ie more DMG on Staff. On Daggers i found it okay but also outshines other classes in grp healing.

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

if you never saw one and I saw one once it means there are 3 of us – yey !!!
whisper to me in game – we gonna own some dungs/frac together :]
ofc on pve I do not play 3 cantrip tank/healer. The longer (and better) I play the more dps build I use. After 700h I am at 56%crit change, 56% crit damage,1800 power, 600 cond damage :> this allow me to make like half of the damage of 100b dps warrior and having 12k hp which is also half his hp pool – but I DO LOVE THIS!!!!

in Elementalist

Dyno.9467

I dont understand out of every class in this game Ele’s…Yes I repeat Ele’s need nerfing, its a kittening a disgrace.

So everyone here thinks all other classes are ok then?

Ive got 1 each class (all Asuras) so im not biased i just dont get it.

Asura – Desolation

(edited by Dyno.9467)

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

ofc on pve I do not play 3 cantrip tank/healer. The longer (and better) I play the more dps build I use. After 700h I am at 56%crit change, 56% crit damage,1800 power, 600 cond damage :> this allow me to make like half of the damage of 100b dps warrior and having 12k hp which is also half his hp pool – but I DO LOVE THIS!!!!

Make that 4.
I usually run D/D in..well everywhere, i love my play style, the challenge it gives and it lets my enemies see my face.

Never gonna give up my D/D (or simply put by a dev in beta, Hank hitting from side mobility build)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

Make that 4.
I usually run D/D in..well everywhere, i love my play style, the challenge it gives and it lets my enemies see my face.

Never gonna give up my D/D (or simply put by a dev in beta, Hank hitting from side mobility build)

LOL
it turned out that I already had roostapro in friends list which means he was the only dd ele I saw – so he is the 3rd one, not the 4th
Btw. Cenka you ware also in my ingame firend list so we had to meet somewhere before and it was probably very nice meeting because only a few people ended up in my friend list.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cae.3690

Cae.3690

Well, I’m a new 4th. Just hit 80 on my ele and loving d/d for dungeon play. I should have you all teach me some of your tricks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Well hello, I’m an Engineer, solo roaming WvW Engineer with many builds. I’ve been passing through here fairly often because I’m studying all the attack/defense scheming possibilities when I’m facing the classes that roam the most in there.

My main concern was the Thief, of course, the petty Assassin’s Creed clones being at every corners; well, contrary to popular belief they’re fairly fightable when the culling issues aren’t around and if anything they’d need stealth to be slightly less forgiving when making mistakes. A Thief can do ‘1 v Many’ but often at the cost of damage if the concerned people have decent defensive/sustaining abilities since it’s mostly single target.

I’ve been fighting alot of Elementalists, and the D/D tanky builds will always have the edge, trick on trick, on everything my Engineer can throw at him. I’ve only been able to kill one, and it was by launching him off the cliff with a Magnet Immobilize Overcharged Shot combo. A D/D Elementalist will also be able to hold on against up to 3 ennemies, the stealth being traded for protection, alot of protection and mobility while dishing out mostly AOE damage. Two cantrips and Ride the Lightning will be there in case the shait hits the fan.

I’m aware there are windows where we can potentially exploit in what concerns weaknesses, but the required timing is downright hardcore, too hardcore for the skill queue itself infact.

It’s not a whine post though, I love Elementalists and I hope that they get to have more viable builds in the same time the nerf comes.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

Honestly lots of em. I find it funny how panic sets in when everything said so far applies to SPVP only. Either way well be forced to adapt and there isn’t much wrong with that. I know one thing though. The next time anyone creates a build remotely OP they best not share it.

There were dozen of eles running with 30 arcana/20 water even before that Daphoenix guy showed up, I started using tanky ele build even before game release after seeing how all my offensive builds were extremely squishy during BWE.

You can’t stop people from posting builds, they do that just to obtain that little glory that come with it, when you find something that works for you….don’t share it[, people will paste and copy it and before long your build will be nerfed to the ground.

No! I’m not being paranoid, it’s the same story in every MMO, what get over used get nerfed period.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Lets just hope that Anet understands that these nerfs will put us even more out of the PvE in this game where we already sits on 3rd row.

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Elementalist

Posted by: urinfamousr.7631

urinfamousr.7631

Too much “the sky is falling” mentality.

To put it simply, as stated previously, the SOTG discussion was very s/tPvP related. Coming from that, the question is field “What are you aiming to nerf?” The main theme was that the ele (particularly d/d bunker) has so many little things that come together to make them a little bit more efficient then they should be. That was basically it. He lists off boon duration, toughness, regen, mobility, etc.

Who is going to argue that that isn’t a relatively realistic perspective? It’s easy enough to see/experience. It comes down to a fundamental question of is it because they are better than they should be, or that other classes can’t counter them efficiently enough? Are they too strong, or are the rest too weak? There’s an ambiguous standard in play that requires definition for their to be balance, a standard that can only be truly explored and adjusted via real world application. Remember, the ele was brought up along with the ranger.

This sort of standard of balance is pliable to the circumstances of play. That is to say, balance in sPvP =/= PvE =/= WvW. If one fails to distinguish the circumstance and make appropriate adjustments, the system, the game, fails. In that sense, we as players cannot take this as a blanket remark, and must hope that the developers are able to make this distinction.

Again, this position from anet on this matter is ambiguous at best. Prior to the ele nerf statements in the video the dev was basically saying that they don’t want to destroy builds like the ranger and ele, just make them a little less efficient in some regards, and bring other classes up and give them option to counter, etc, and that they are being very careful with what they do in these regards. We can only hope there is some truth behind that.

lol when the patch comes out u will wish it was just the sky falling, ele will be nerfed to the ground watch and see lol

in Elementalist

urinfamousr.7631

In WvW the majority of the time I’m killed, it’s by thieves who are stealthed. Yet, it’s Ele’s that need nerfing? Riiiiiiiight…….

Quite obvious there’s someone high in the company that likes being a thief.

i have been saying this since i bought the game and saw what a thief can do, i fig a dev or someone plays/likes the class as is which is why it hasnt been addressed

in Elementalist

urinfamousr.7631

Hey designers,

as many thiefs would say that is a simple L2P issuse

in Elementalist

urinfamousr.7631

They could just get rid of all the healing power amulets in pvp.Stacking healing power turns 1.5k heals into 2.7k heals which is the real problem.

Ether renewal condition removal needs to be toned down but that’s really it.

u mean that skill with a 4 sec channel that screams interrupt me? lol yeah that totally needs a nerf

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

yet another interesting thing with dd ele:
this is me as ele after hundreds of play hours:
http://imageshack.us/f/835/gw057k.jpg/
and this is me as a thief after like 2 hours:
http://imageshack.us/f/405/gw078n.jpg/

and it works vice versa to counter a build that reuires 2h to “master” you just need another 1h to learn how to counter it. If you play a build that requires 300h to be average you need like 100h to lern how to counter it.

(edited by Lavadiel.6231)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’ve been running D/D a lot lately in dungeons.

i m a D/D dungeon ele….since i got 80 man y months ago

Its not only hard as hell (almost everything oneshots you if you don t position/evade perfectly) but also i cry for the low damage output i have despite running a knight set with zerker weapons…..

healing is the only hope to use this weapon set in PvE is our surviving mechanic…..

Yet i m forced to use staff against many bosses.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

i m a D/D dungeon ele….since i got 80 man y months ago

Its not only hard as hell (almost everything oneshots you if you don t position/evade perfectly) but also i cry for the low damage output i have despite running a knight set with zerker weapons…..

healing is the only hope to use this weapon set in PvE is our surviving mechanic…..

Yet i m forced to use staff against many bosses.

I play d/d in dungs since october and I only swap for D/F on certain bosses, staff is unnecessary. Gear is full zerker.